• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she knows. I haven't seen anything hinting at her knowing.

tumblr_n5k4viw6NA1s3lkzpo1_500.gif

How so? By having the nerve of not having those feelings back?

I think he means by not turning him down definitively.

That wouldn't work, either. I always assumed she remained mum over it to preserve Jorah's dignity as her retainer. His attraction for her isn't exactly appropriate given their respective roles. Think of how their working relationship would suffer if she was forced to reject his advances. Jorah respects Dany enough to not put her in that position, and vice versa.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm going to guess it's because so far every time a mystery crops up, eventually the discussion in here just so happens to come up with the correct theory.
Stuff like who poisoned Joffrey and how was definitely by someone who had read the books, although that came from someone outside the thread. However, all the information revealed was in the episode it didn't require any outside information. As soon as someone mentioned that the champions might be Oberyn and the mountain I knew that it was correct out of all the other theories thrown around, because it made such narrative sense.

I'm going to guess it's because so far every time a mystery crops up, eventually the discussion in here just so happens to come up with the correct theory.

What does it matter as long as it's framed as speculation? If you don't know that the information you're given is a spoiler you won't treat it as one.

Also booo at the last episode's "previously on GoT". I thought we'd get to see Jaqen again, turns out it was just some dude getting stabbed in the heart.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've heard the games are pretty bad :/

I have faith in the Telltale GoT game though.

I have no idea, but a few posters in this thread mentioned that, at the least, the story is very good, even if the gameplay itself isn't stellar. At $5, it seems like a fairly low risk investment for fans of the show/series.

J-Rod

I think Jorah flat out told her he wanted her back when she was chasing mah dragons in that one city. I can't remember exactly when but I think he asked her to let him be her man.

I think Jorah flat out told her he wanted her back when she was chasing mah dragons in that one city. I can't remember exactly when but I think he asked her to let him be her man.

yea I'm pretty sure he did tell her how he felt but she pretty much ignored it or something

Philippo

Dany really pissed me off in this episode.

She knows exactly how Jorah feels about her and yet she continues to toy with his emotions.

She pretends she's a nice person but she really isn't. I see more and more of the qualities of her brother in her with each passing episode.

Yeah but the way she told him to let Daario know he changed her mind is like aknowledging she has a deeper complicity than what she's got with the latter, which isn't a bad thing imho.

Yeah but the way she told him to let Daario know he changed her mind is like aknowledging she has a deeper complicity than what she's got with the latter, which isn't a bad thing imho.
I look at it as a girl who has a boyfriend that flirts with you just so she can get that attention she's missing from her boyfriend. In other words, it's rough to be Lord Friendzone.

Oh she knows. He practically told her when he said, "sometimes when I'm with you, I think you're just too good to be true." Then there was an ackward silence. lol burned.

Oh wow. I don't remember that.

Even if she knows, I don't see how she's toying with him. She's not manipulating him or giving him false hopes.

I am sooo tempted to just wiki what happens in the next episode. The wait is killing me! Hold me gaf, soothe me and sing me songs of Lord Stannis' praise in my ear.

The intro showed Braavos but the actual show didn't go there, right? Or are the intros locked in for the whole season?

They don't even show the Eyrie :( Which is strange because it appeared in the season 1 intros when Kat took Tyrion there.

They don't seem to care as much for the accuracy of the intros this season. Winterfell is still featured despite nothing happening there all season. I watch the intro every time and I loved seeing new places pop up and go "ooh, something will happen there this episode" but now it's just a tour of a bunch of places in the world.

Nameless

What were Margaery's smart moves?

Pretending to have a sadistic streak to placate and seduce Joffrey, offering the image of her brother to try and arouse Renly enough to give her a baby, appearing noble and generous in public in kings landing, that almost kiss instead of outright seduction of tommen.
She is really a chameleon, changing skins too suit her role. She got kings landing to like Joffrey, after they were ready to kill him not much before.

To add to the points poppabk laid out nicely, it's hinted that even Margaery's choice of wardrobe is a calculated move--away to disarm people, making them easier to read or manipulate.

Tywin controls the Throne but Margaery is right there. The way she's integrating herself with Tommen is masterful and will likely prove much more potent than grandad's wisdom over time. Still, that's nothing compared to what she did with Joffrey. It's no small thing that out of all the characters he interacted with, she's the only one who never drew his ire. Not even once.

Pycelle is Cersei's bitch, to be sure, but I don't think she knows he's quite spry.

I would not include Melisandre there. She has shown weakness and lack of foresight a few times. Margeary is more of a cunning person.

My theory is that Maester Pycelle will be in that list. He has been in all the seasons, playing a seemingly irrelevant character. But he has survived 3 councils, seen and knows a lot, has not clear alliances, and no one really suspect of him for anything.

Yet, Joffrey's assassination clearly required and expert on venoms. And so far, only Oberyn and him match his description. Don't think anyone would be surprised for such revelation.

Well Maesters by definition are among the most educated in Westeros. I'm talking more the kind of intelligence that enables one to chart a course through the chaos and successfully ascend the ladder.

Melisandre definitely belongs, and I'd say she's shown more foresight than anyone. Whether it's actual Red God magics, her intuition, good old fashioned deductive reasoning or a combination of all three, she's always painting a pretty accurate picture of the future and manipulating events so desired outcomes come to pass. Almost everything Stannis has or had was because of her. Even the Iron Bank payoff only happened because she insisted that Davos live, as he would play an integral role in rebuilding Stannis's army.

Don't be surprised if she's just using Stannis to claim the Throne for herself and the Lord of Light. Her speech about the lamb & the blade was nothing if not ominous. I love Stannis, but I love Mels more. Besides, Westeros deserves a Fire Queen to guide them through the Winter darkness.

Grifter

They don't even show the Eyrie :( Which is strange because it appeared in the season 1 intros when Kat took Tyrion there.

They don't seem to care as much for the accuracy of the intros this season. Winterfell is still featured despite nothing happening there all season. I watch the intro every time and I loved seeing new places pop up and go "ooh, something will happen there this episode" but now it's just a tour of a bunch of places in the world.

Good points! Wish this was still accurate per episode - made for a fun, dynamic opening. I'd noticed Winterfell earlier and figured that was meant to cover Bolton territory but now it's just there as a legacy piece I tune out.

Curufinwe

Dany really pissed me off in this episode.

She knows exactly how Jorah feels about her and yet she continues to toy with his emotions.

She pretends she's a nice person but she really isn't. I see more and more of the qualities of her brother in her with each passing episode.

How is she toying with him? She just isn't interested in him in that way.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Posting again this cute video - Lena Headey and Pedro Pascal because I am really starting to like both of them as they seem to be in real life. Lena Headey is a bigger star and I hope new doors open for Pedro (till now his career seemed kinda boring :p).

Yeah she is amazing in real life. Had the opportunity to see her and Peter Dinklage last year at the Calgary Comic Expo. Their panel was probably my highlight of that weekend.

A few pics I snapped at the panel. Sorry for the blurriness, I suck at working a camera lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What a bizarre expectation. The old guy should take a hint rather than require a humiliating explanation of the obvious.

I don't disagree, but if he's not getting the idea then it either lay it all out for him or watch it blow up in her face one day.

Mr.Mike

This is becoming very similar to a Dating-Age thread.

I think people are focusing too much on the "Lord Friend-zone" aspect of Jorah Mormont. Jorah Mormont is a much more important character than that. He's the only person who Dany listens to in terms of ruling. Dany is still really young and has an immature worldview and sense of morality, is still naive, and needs someone to help her "grow up" to be a better ruler. And that responsibility seems to rest almost entirely on "Lord Friend-zone" .

So in a sense, Jorah Mormont is a father figure to Dany.

Yeah she is amazing in real life. Had the opportunity to see her and Peter Dinklage last year at the Calgary Comic Expo. Their panel was probably my highlight of that weekend.

A few pics I snapped at the panel. Sorry for the blurriness, I suck at working a camera lol

Her wearing the "I'm not sorry" shirt is so fitting.

I think people are focusing too much on the "Lord Friend-zone" aspect of Jorah Mormont. Jorah Mormont is a much more important character than that. He's the only person who Dany listens to in terms of ruling. Dany is still really young and has an immature worldview and sense of morality, is still naive, and needs someone to help her "grow up" to be a better ruler. And that responsibility seems to rest almost entirely on "Lord Friend-zone" .

So in a sense, Jorah Mormont is a father figure to Dany.

For sure, but the "Jorah" Fedora thing is just hilarious though.

PFD

Nice pics. She was supposed to come to Montreal Comiccon last year, but then cancelled :(

yes they did, the eyrie is the castle in the vale, where lysa arryn is.

Edit:Oh, just realized what you meant. They didn't show it in the intro. I'm a dummy.

Sendero

I'm talking more the kind of intelligence that enables one to chart a course through the chaos and successfully ascend the ladder.
I see, fair enough. I would then put Ser Davos there, even if the fruit of his intelligence is fully subdued by his desire to being a good character and serve Stannis.

But he has the brain, the tongue and the will to accomplish stuff. Big stuff.
Incidentally, he strike me as one of the most intelligent actors of the whole cast as well.
Wow, great work. If I'm reading correctly, Season 1 has been the most packed with adult content in all categories.

In contrast, no time for naked men on episode 9.

Log4Girlz

She's so fucking beautiful JESUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom