• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Melisandre threw 3 leeches into the fire right? 1 for Robb Stark, 1 for Jofferey and 1 for Balon Greyjoy if I remember correctly. I can't see this season wrapping up without Balon going down, but there's been very little building up to such a situation.

How do you guys think this will happen? I don't think we've heard anything about Balon being at Moat Cailin, have we? Ramsey told Reek he wants him to pretend to be Theon so he can take a castle. Perhaps he hopes Reek/Theon can get close enough to Balon at the iron islands to assassinate him? If Balon were to die a less violent death, like disease or poisoning, I feel there would have been some kind of build up/foreshadowing towards that, so I'm guessing it won't go that direction. I'm having a hard time thinking of other ways Balon will die that fit the show.

Additionally, what happens after that? Do you think Yara will die at the same time as Balon? If not, will she be recognized as the Lord of the Iron Islands? What would her next move be? Or will the Greyjoys be wiped out and the Iron Islands ruled by the Boltons?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So Melisandre threw 3 leeches into the fire right? 1 for Robb Stark, 1 for Jofferey and 1 for Balon Greyjoy if I remember correctly. I can't see this season wrapping up without Balon going down, but there's been very little building up to such a situation.

How do you guys think this will happen? I don't think we've heard anything about Balon being at Moat Cailin, have we? Ramsey told Reek he wants him to pretend to be Theon so he can take a castle. Perhaps he hopes Reek/Theon can get close enough to Balon at the iron islands to assassinate him? If Balon were to die a less violent death, like disease or poisoning, I feel there would have been some kind of build up/foreshadowing towards that, so I'm guessing it won't go that direction. I'm having a hard time thinking of other ways Balon will die that fit the show.

Additionally, what happens after that? Do you think Yara will die at the same time as Balon? If not, will she be recognized as the Lord of the Iron Islands? What would her next move be? Or will the Greyjoys be wiped out and the Iron Islands ruled by the Boltons?

I asked the same question recently and some people pointed out that Melisandre put a leech on Gendry's dong, which might have "caused" Reek's castration, which basically ends the Greyjoy bloodline with all his bros being dead and whatnot. It's not a direct assassination like Robb or Joffrey, but it's pretty effective.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it makes sense.

Bigfoot

Has Balon even made an appearance this season? I don't remember seeing him. I guess Yara would be on her way back home now, but who knows how long that will take. It took her 6 episodes to get to where Theon was being kept.

Showaddy

I asked the same question recently and some people pointed out that Melisandre put a leech on Gendry's dong, which might have "caused" Reek's castration, which basically ends the Greyjoy bloodline with all his bros being dead. It's not a direct assassination like Robb or Joffrey but it's pretty effective.

But Theon has 2 Uncles, Tyrion mentioned them back in season 1 so the family doesn't end with Balon/Theon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2LAXLshTA

I think she was latching the thing onto a good source seeing as she'd been walking around him naked for a while.

I asked the same question recently and some people pointed out that Melisandre put a leech on Gendry's dong, which might have "caused" Reek's castration, which basically ends the Greyjoy bloodline with all his bros being dead and whatnot. It's not a direct assassination like Robb or Joffrey, but it's pretty effective.

An interesting thought. Hadn't crossed my mind. However, with the Greyjoys, I can totally see Yara becoming Lord, taking a husband but keeping her own name, because Iron Islanders don't seem to give a fuck about the rules.

Has Balon even made an appearance this season? I don't remember seeing him. I guess Yara would be on her way back home now, but who knows how long that will take. It took her 6 episodes to get to where Theon was being kept.
Events aren't necessarily chronological according to when they're shown, its hard to be certain how long it really took Yara to reach the Dreadfort, we only really know when the creators decided to show it. I don't think we've seen Balon yet this season, but I'd still be surprised not to see him die.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Didn't she do that? Jaqen didn't want to so she forced him to kill all those guards so that she could get away right?

No she didn't because she's an idiot. He told her to give him three names. She gave him:

1. The Torturer
  2. The Captain guy who took her party hostage
  3. She then told Jaqen to kill himself by giving him his own name. But instead he clears the castle gates of guards, so that puts them even.

Instead of going after the torturer, she could have given him Tywin's name. The other two kills came out of necessity.

SeanR1221

No she didn't because she's an idiot. He told her to give him three names. She gave him:

1. The Torturer
  3. She then told Jaqen to kill himself by giving him his own name. But instead he clears the castle gates of guards, so that puts them even.

Instead of going after the torturer, she could have given him Tywin's name. The other two kills came out of necessity.

Didn't he say the kills weren't always right away? Who knows when Tywin would have died.

Vashetti

Banned
This means Arya dies, which mean this theory is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Through Arya and Rickon the Starks will rise again. Believe.

If anything, the Starks will rise again through Baelish getting Sansa pregnant.

7sRW1Tf.gif

Nameless

1. The Torturer

The fucked up thing was how killing the second guy led Tywin to believe the Brotherhood had made up an attempt on his life, which caused him to ramp up the torture and violence to snuff them out.

Nameless

7sRW1Tf.gif

Sansa and Baelish would produce the douchiest smarmiest looking children the world has ever seen.

Worth it if we get to see a wolf with mockingbird
wings, ala the lion with stag horns Mini-Joffrey was riding.

One day we'll watch back episode 1 of Season 1 and every character will have died in the future.
I'm restarting it all next month with my sister. I told her to wait until she's 16 before watching, due to nudity/sex. I have a feeling episode 1 is going to be the saddest episode of the entire show when I start it all over again.

1. The Torturer

First guy was clearly to see if it even meant anything. Second guy had to die before Tywin since he would have told Tywin and everyone would have been after her in the castle, and by the 3rd kill it was too late since he had already left and who knows when he would have gotten killed while she would have been stuck at the Harrenhall. I don't see the situation of her being stupid but too each his own.
ari-gold-gtfo.gif

It's going to be Tyrion and Sansa.

One thing I cannot wait for is watching Tywin's and Cersei's reaction when Tyrion says he has a champion, and then when he calls Oberyn's name.
nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Heshinsi

I will not stand idly by and hear Arya be insulted like this, Ser .

got3-1.gif

Just like madness is the curse of the Targaryens, stupidity seems to be a trait the Starks suffer from. Almost every Stark exhibits signs of it. Ned Stark? Idiot. Robb Stark? Bigger idiot. Catelyn Stark? Biggest idiot of them all. Arya is the least prone to it though, and hence why she's one of my favourites.

Just like madness is the curse of the Targaryens, stupidity seems to be a trait the Starks suffer from. Almost every Stark exhibits signs of it. Ned Stark? Idiot. Robb Stark? Bigger idiot. Catelyn Stark? Biggest idiot of them all. Arya is the least prone to it though, and hence why she's one of my favourites.
It's really only those 3 that are stupid, and Sansa in season 1. I don't see why anyone would call Bran stupid for example. Maybe Jon Snow to a certain degree since he knows nothing.

Heshinsi

It's really only those 3 that are stupid, and Sansa in season 1. I don't see why anyone would call Bran stupid for example. Maybe Jon Snow to a certain degree since he knows nothing.

Mommy repeatedly told him not to go climbing. He promised her not to do it, and then he goes and climbs up the tower and gets his ass thrown from the top. If Sansa is an idiot for season 1, so is Bran in episode 1. As for Rickon; anyone who names a pet direwolf Shaggy Dog, is an idiot in my books. Don't care how young he is :p

Oh and 3+Sansa+maybe Jon=equals most of the Starks.

Mommy repeatedly told him not to go climbing. He promised her not to do it, and then he goes and climbs up the tower and gets his ass thrown from the top. If Sansa is an idiot for season 1, so is Bran in episode 1. As for Rickon; anyone who names a pet direwolf Shaggy Dog, is an idiot in my books. Don't care how young he is :p

Sansa was still a kid in season 1 though, just not perceptive like Arya who is far above anyone in that regard. I don't see why Bran is stupid, he's just being a kid. Cersei tells a story of Jaime jumping from a high, dangerous place when he was 6 years old, and he responded there's nothing to fear. Bran is just fearless, and in that world it's not that dumb. Still half the family can fit in Littlefinger's description which out of so many people, it's not unfair I guess.

Welllll... in all fairness, it isn't Bran's climbing that got him hurt, it was a variable that no one could have predicted. Same thing would have happened if he was running through all the rooms in the castle while exploring. Also Shaggy Dog is an awesome name for a direwolf, you be cray cray :p

Last time I go a bit off topic with this subject (I swear!), I guess comparing fighters in this show/book whatever is hard because many of the characters are past their prime, or we never really see them fight. I think this is the first "hyped up" fight in the series since Ned vs Jaime in Season 1, most other fight scenes involve named characters eviscerating unnamed extras.

To the person saying that Ned was equally matching Jaime in their fight, I don't think that was the case. Similar to the Iron Man Thor fight in Avengers, it looked like they were fighting evenly but there was clear evidence to one side eventually losing (this is obviously more evident in the superhero movie than here). There is also the fact the Ned is easily 40-50 years old in the show, and probably hasn't really fought a duel in 20 years, while Jaime is literally in his prime and probably practices all the time, the fact that it was so evenly matched definitely shows me that Ned was a badass in his prime.

Back on topic, I think that Oberyn using a
spear
really suggests that the fight will end pretty fast rather than me protracted. Seeing as how using it to
poke
at the Mountain while he tries to cleave him can be pretty "boring" if it just keeps going on.
With sword combat you can see parrying and the like, which makes the combat more interesting, however with a spear it doesn't look like you will have a easy time blocking a hit from the Mt, so I expect to see a lot of maneuvering from Oberyn.
If the fight just turns into 10 minutes of the Mt swinging and Oberyn dodging, I don't think it would be very interesting.

Obviously I have a lot of faith in the show to have a really awesome fight, so I'm not worried, just saying that the fight will probably not be very long.

I just saw last week's episode last night. A bit late this week. Almost at the verge of the next episode .___.

I really enjoyed it. The scene where Oberyn talked about baby Tyrion was heartbreaking, and Dinklage's expression made me all teary ;__; I wanted to hug him and fight the Mountain for him at the same time (and die horribly, subsequently ... cuz the Mountain would only need to laugh at me and I'd perish, surely)

That scene made the episode for me. But then the hits kept coming.

The Hound and Arya's moment was endearing. He visibly FREAKED out by the little fire at her hand. Poor Hound. To have been scarred like that by his own brother, and then to have his father took his brother's side and 'erased' his trauma by making up bs story about his bedding catching fire. GOSH.

AND then, and then! That ending! Littlefinger! What a villain! What an ending for Lysa. It must have been harrowing and incredibly terrifying to be betrayed that way about the man that you've done so much for. It was so sad and overwhelming but fitting? end to her character... idk. I was :O :OOOOOO

I also enjoyed Brienne and Pod's cutey moment when she smugly said, "You were saying?" LOL great face, Brienne <3

Daario's topless scene was too short. I want longer, more detailed shots please. It was like 10% of the Melisandre nudity length that followed it straight after, as if it was some kind of an aftertaste wash or something idk. And she was more nude in every sense, too. BOO. (she's beautiful and her body is banging <3)

.... I'm worried for Shireen? (sorry I forgot how to spell her name) ... I hope Melisandre is not planning to sacrifice her ;__; She's a sweet lil thing. Ser Davos will have her back, right?? RIGHT?

I think the only slightly weaker scene was Jon's. With the Righteous-Protagonist-Suggesting-Common-Sense-Is-ShutDown-By-Unreasonable-Duder bit.

But it had GHOST sooooooo I was pleased :>

In closing! OBERYN is so hawt, wtf. HOW IS HE THIS APPEALING ;__; I have no defenses. Have mercy.

Nameless

First off, we never call Ned an idiot. The word is honorable. I completely agree about Robb, though. A bigger moron has never existed in Westeros. Catelyn's only idiotic move was not delivering Robb to the White Walkers when he was a baby.

That scene was so weird, Rorge (sp?) was grinning like an idiot the entire time.

Yeah, I think the actor either has or plays the role with a half sinister shit eating grin constantly. He was like that in S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom