• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
got3-1.gif

Absolutely loved this scene...and the one that led up to it.

Arya's gotta be quick on the draw. Rorge didn't even have a chance to react. Great precision from her. Perhaps learnt that from Syrio.

First off, we never call Ned an idiot. The word is honorable. I completely agree about Robb, though. A bigger moron has never existed in Westeros. Catelyn's only idiotic move was not delivering Robb to the White Walkers when he was a baby.

Yeah, I think the actor either has or plays the role with a half sinister shit eating grin constantly. He was like that in S2.
You son of a bitch. Here I thought you were a Stark. Begone with you.

Really Robb was just half moron; the show suggested that he was an excellent battle commander. If he had just put his mom in charge of all the political decisions (excluding what to do with prisoners...) Starks woulda been doing okay. Too bad he was half moron though.

Nameless

Absolutely loved this scene...and the one that led up to it.

Arya's gotta be quick on the draw. Rorge didn't even have a chance to react. Great precision from her. Perhaps learnt that from Syrio.

That was definitely a Braavosi death lunge. Syrio may have taught her the technique, but she learned how to puncture the heart from The Hound. Arya's steadily leveling up her skill tree.

You son of a bitch. Here I thought you were a Stark. Begone with you.

You know, honestly it's hard to pick a side since I love characters from multiple factions, but my favorite character is a Stark as was the one before her.

All Stark supporters should be behind King Stannis, btw.

Really Robb was just half moron; the show suggested that he was an excellent battle commander. If he had just put his mom in charge of all the political decisions (excluding what to do with prisoners...) Starks woulda been doing okay. Too bad he was half moron though.

He was is undefeated, but I still question the strategy of sacrificing 10% of your army to win a single battle, much less one so early in the war. And his last move, plan rather, to attack Casterly Rock. At the time I didn't see how it would strike anything more than a sentimental blow. Even if he was successful he'd have been no closer to toppling King's Landing. But now that we know that the Rock's mines have been barren for years it was a ridiculously stupid and futile plan.

Mr.Mike

I would really like to think that Arya could rebuild the Stark house, but she is going to be really limited in her ability to do so as a women, I'd think. There's some social commentary there (see also Daenerys before she "proved" herself and Brienne) . Although perhaps that could change if Daenerys were to take the throne and cause a large shift in the perception of gender roles in Westeros.

And Bran would be limited by his being a cripple.

I guess it's up to Little finger at this point. Perhaps he'd restore Bran as Lord of Winterfell if he were to get the Iron Throne. (I can't imagine Baelish would take both the Eyrie and the North) Maybe Stannis would restore him too? Even if only to remove former Lannister supporters from power and strengthen his grip on the Iron Throne.

Does anyone remember is Robb had declared for Stannis before he has gotten himself proclaimed King in the North? That would suggest that Stannis might reinstall the Starks too.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
First off, we never call Ned an idiot. The word is honorable. I completely agree about Robb, though. A bigger moron has never existed in Westeros. Catelyn's only idiotic move was not delivering Robb to the White Walkers when he was a baby.
I feel sorry for you. Seeing littlefingers betrayal, Joffrey reneging on his word, the red wedding, before they happened must make the show real boring.

I can see the viper winning, but die as a result of the fight later. I'm super psyched. Also, this was very satisfying-
TqIEnYB

From here on out every episode of GoT must have a scene where Sansa slaps the shit out of Robyn. Now that his mommy went for a skydive there's no one there to protect the little lord of the vale.

Nameless

I feel sorry for you. Seeing littlefingers betrayal, Joffrey reneging on his word, the red wedding, before they happened must make the show real boring.

Heh, if I was Robb Stark it wouldn't have gotten as far as the Red Wedding because I would have kept Talisa as a war-time side piece, and I wouldn't have gotten butthurt and executed Rickard Karstark.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Heh, if I was Robb Stark it wouldn't have gotten as far as the Red Wedding because I would have kept Talisa as a war-time side piece, and I wouldn't have gotten butthurt and executed Rickard Karstark.

If you didn't execute Rickard Karstark like an amatuer, you could have still had Talisa without worry. Plus who the hell agrees to go to a party at the home of the guy you just insulted? The wedding should have been in Riverrun. Edmure Tully is Lord of Riverrun, the Freys are his bannermen; he could have had the wedding on home court and shit wouldn't have gone down the way it did. Robb, his mom, and the Tullys are colossal idiots.

Mario007

If you didn't execute Rickard Karstark like an amatuer, you could have still had Talisa without worry. Plus who the hell agrees to go to a party at the home of the guy you just insulted? The wedding should have been in Riverrun. Edmure Tully is Lord of Riverrun, the Freys are his bannermen; he could have had the wedding on home court and shit wouldn't have gone down the way it did. Robb, his mom, and the Tullys are colossal idiots.
Rob would have done anything to appease Walder Frey and I doubt Walder Frey could survive the journey to Riverrun.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So HBO is "in final negotiations" to film the next season in Andalusia, Spain. Apparently it would serve as the scenary for a new kingdom (all signs pointing to Dorne, as it was largely inspired by Moorish-age Spain itself).

I may or may not end up stalking the cast.

aravuus

Actually, I created it, well this particular gif at least. So it would have been very difficult for you to do so :)

Oh yea, you must be the one who combined the two gifs from imgur

Good job! It's high up on my favorite gifs list. It has at least 3 gifs currently and only ONE is of an incredibly cute monkey bouncing on snow

Liamario

Banned
Oh yea, you must be the one who combined the two gifs from imgur

Good job! It's high up on my favorite gifs list. It has at least 3 gifs currently and only ONE is of an incredibly cute monkey bouncing on snow

I'm in an elite group so. It's a shame that some other asshole took the image as his for those valuable internet points. I didn't want to post it as a separate thing, because I wanted the poster of the two separate gifs to get their due. Woke up this morning to see some cnut taking credit for my edit.

Anyways, why do we have to wait 2 weeks for the next epiosde ;-( *sniff*

I would really like to think that Arya could rebuild the Stark house, but she is going to be really limited in her ability to do so as a women, I'd think. There's some social commentary there (see also Daenerys before she "proved" herself and Brienne) . Although perhaps that could change if Daenerys were to take the throne and cause a large shift in the perception of gender roles in Westeros.

And Bran would be limited by his being a cripple.

I guess it's up to Little finger at this point. Perhaps he'd restore Bran as Lord of Winterfell if he were to get the Iron Throne. (I can't imagine Baelish would take both the Eyrie and the North) Maybe Stannis would restore him too? Even if only to remove former Lannister supporters from power and strengthen his grip on the Iron Throne.

Does anyone remember is Robb had declared for Stannis before he has gotten himself proclaimed King in the North? That would suggest that Stannis might reinstall the Starks too.

You're forgetting the youngest Stark

Nameless

This is a very good point. Frey and family could have gone to Riverrun and done everything there. Another questionable decision from Robb Stark.

Zeppu

Even going to Riverrun for a funeral during a war which led to the whole Karstark unpleasantness was a somewhat stupid idea.

What animals and creatures exist in GoT? Kangaroos? Polar bears? Pandas?

Does my kind exist in this universe?

[Old Nan]
Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides for years, and children are born and live and die all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little lord, when the White Walkers move through the woods... Thousands of years ago, there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts, and women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept, and felt their tears freeze on their cheeks. So is this the sort of story that you like?

[Bran nods]
Old Nan: In that darkness, the white walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds...

STILL WAITING FOR THIS.

I was arguing with a friend about this. The topic was " If Ramsay Snow is worse than Joffrey." Worse of course implying "more evil" character. Is he more evil than Joffrey? I think right now I would put Joffrey sightly above Ramsay, but time and his actions might change that. I noticed with every episode Ramsay is starting to piss me off. I can only imagine if he gets higher up in status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom