• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

HBO used to never have shows on holiday weekends on their Sunday shows, but they tried it 2 years ago with the Battle of Blackwater episode. It was by far the lowest rated episode of the season. Now they no longer do it.

Which is kind of ironic considering that episode was extremely expensive and was one of the episodes to really make GoT a recognizable name in our culture. Obviously it was doing well already and had some defining moments, but that was the episode that changed people's views on TV shows where large battles and effects were either avoided or extremely cheesy looking with bad CG. Game of Thrones has impressed people on a lot of things, but that was the episode that put it at the top of the class for show quality.

That episode had long legs. :D

Like I said though, Memorial Day weekend break is to be expected by now since so many networks do it.

I approve of the new thread direction for the off-week.

We still have Natalie.

NCiHSth.gif

god. damn.

header.png

Just a heads up.

Pedro Pascal (Prince Oberyn) is doing an AMA on Reddit today at 4pm EST.

Anyone not wanting to be spoiled by the events of the rest of the series (as we know it) should avoid at all costs. Not that he will spoil anything, but you know.. Reddit.

A few reminders:

- Unfortunately, the show is off for the Memorial Day weekend, so there's no new episode until June 1st
- As pointed out above, there's a few pieces of content coming up this week, including a Reddit AMA today, that should be avoided if you'd like to remain unspoiled on this season and beyond. Be careful where you're browsing this week.
- Also noted in the last couple posts, there is absolutely no book discussion allowed in this thread. Read the OP for clarification and feel free to send me a PM if you have questions.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Speevy

Banned
I think they should have at least filmed an episode with smaller characters to hold us over.

Jon's friends at the Wall argue about who will take that orphan boy to hunt rabbits. Hot Pie forms a new faction dedicated to not giving up on the gravy. Fat Walda eats all of Ramsay's dogs by accident, causing the Ironborn to reconsider their retreat.

Mrbob

Hot Pie one hour baking special would have been amazing. We could have had a close and intimate look at all his awesome bread baking designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom