• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

BTW

The guy that plays Oberyn is doing an AMA on reddit right meow.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/26gtvt/i_am_actor_pedro_pascal_i_play_oberyn_in_game_of/

Edit: Beaten like Joffrey.

I'd tread softly reading or participating in that, and by softly I mean avoid it all together. Spoiler trolls seem intent on taking over Reddit's GoT community . Spoiler bombs, page redirects, people with spoilers as their handle sending spoilery messages. Reddit is now a place I avoid, at least as far as Thrones is concerned.

I don't like people even joking in this thread with "spoiler alert", because I don't know if what follows is really a spoiler or not. It's so frustrating :(

kingkitty

Some dude on reddit made a spoilery Game of Thrones joke in a history subreddit a month ago. Feels bad man. Although maybe it wasn't a spoiler? I just don't know.

The internet is a landmine.

CoolOff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ0rzsNfmIc

Cover of the bear and maiden fair song. Been listening to it all morning, it's pretty well done! Anyone know any other good game of throne music covers? Juan the beast is another cool dude

I really like the christocakes ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VMSYIXCCY

They have a few others that haven't been on the show yet as well, The Dornishmans Wife, The Last of the Giants, and Mother's Hymn.

As always, don't look at Youtube-comments.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What is a Bannerman?

What do they do?

You know how a King has guys like Earls, Dukes, and Counts, etc, that are subservient to him? Well it's kinda similar. The bannermen are lesser lords who are under the dominion of the different Wardens. The major houses rely on them to raise troops for combat, to patrol and protect various regions of their vast holds, and other things like that. Sometimes a minor house (Bannermen) can overtake their superiors and rise above them. Examples of that happening would be the Boltons replacing the Starks as the Wardens of the North, and the Freys replacing the Tullys as the Wardens of the Riverlands. The Wardens are then themselves subservient to the Iron Throne.

Nabs

Also don't read twitch chat.

Ha. I got lucky and just read Game of
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png
before closing it.

Sajjaja

I don't remember where this is from...can someone enlighten me?

The part where Arya stabs Rorge, then wipes Needle on the victim....is exactly what The Hound did earlier to the dying old man. LOL.

I think it was shortly after Arya and the Hound came from the Red Wedding where she over heard some soldiers speaking ill of Robb and how brutal the murder was.

Loakum

Banned
I don't remember where this is from...can someone enlighten me?

LOL.

That's after the events of The Red Wedding when some Waldan soldiers was bragging about
sawing off King Rob's Head, and putting his slain dire wolves head on his body. Arya overheard this and approached one of the soldiers , dropped a coin she offered to give him for some food. When he reached to pic it up, she stabbed him repeatedly in the neck.

You know how a King has guys like Earls, Dukes, and Counts, etc, that are subservient to him? Well it's kinda similar. The bannermen are lesser lords who are under the dominion of the different Wardens. The major houses rely on them to raise troops for combat, to patrol and protect various regions of their vast holds, and other things like that. Sometimes a minor house (Bannermen) can overtake their superiors and rise above them. Examples of that happening would be the Boltons replacing the Starks as the Wardens of the North, and the Freys replacing the Tullys as the Wardens of the Riverlands. The Wardens are then themselves subservient to the Iron Throne.

Got it.

Thank you.

Yeah, great episode! Surprised there isn't more discussion about it

I never would have thought that Oberyn and the Mountain would stop mid fight to disrobe then start getting it on in front of everyone. It was quite to tonal shift.

Also Lysa flying back up through the moon door on her broomstick was so obvious.

Braag

Best episode of the season, gawddamn!
Never thought they would bring Ned back through a flashback scene, that was so awesome.

Spineker

Banned
>Got amped for a new GoT
>Hop on GAF
>Reminded there's no episode today

tumblr_inline_mm6zcoC58R1qz4rgp.gif

Can't believe that the last episode (Prison scene) is his first day on the set as a GoT cast. :O

They have made some great actors on this show. Almost all of them will go on to have incredible careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom