• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, im just really bitter that he's dead. A lot could have been done with his character IMO, and in the end he felt like a throwaway. Unless that was the point.

I think that's a lesson we've all learned over the course of this show. Outside of maybe a handful of characters, nobody is safe.

Pepiope

Can't Jaime still convince his father about Casterly Rock by getting him to convince Tommen to allow Tyrion to live? We need to figure out how to save Tyrion!

Yeah, this season is fantastic so far.

I didn't like this episode in the sense that I didn't want Oberyn to die (or Ser Jorrah the Mormon to be sent packing,) but it was still a damn good episode. They're really bringing the plot together.
WCvulto.jpg

caesar

Banned
Bran is obvious because they keep holding back what's to come.

Tyrion, there's no plot strong enough to keep him alive.

Dany, her dragons could just as easily kill her as the mountain killed Oberyn. They've already teased how dangerous they are at the start of the season.

Jon can also easily die when the wildlings arrive at the wall, there's absolutely no reason for his plot to continue that we're aware of.

Bran on the other hand, he's safe for now.

Elaborate.
The story would fall apart without these characters. GRRM has stated Tyrion is his favourite, I think that's enough said. Hes also a sort of moral heart in the story, without him its all the same tone. Dany killed by her dragons? What's the point of 4 seasons of her prancing around the desert then? Same with Jon, if he dies now nothing happens - even if they lose the wall. It doesn't make sense for him to die yet.

I should also mention Arya, no way she is dying yet. Clearly she is going to have some major influence down the line.

I'm just tired of the 'anything can happen' motto, it has largely the same conventions of many other fantasy stories. Unfulfilled prophecies etc..

Not hating though, I really enjoy it.

potam

Banned
Tyrion is so dead there's no way around it. His head is gonna be on a pike by the end of the season.

The fact that there was no mention of Tyrion's fate in the preview makes me wonder: was nothing shown because it will be a straightforward execution, so there's not much to show without giving away the entire thing, or was nothing shown because he's obviously going to get away somehow?

edit: I just don't get why they had to make Oberyn so likable throughout the entire season. Shit's just not fair, man.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Who else kept thinking while The Mountain was crushing Oberyn's eyes, "hmmm, I wonder how he'll get out of this and kill him"

There's no way we lose Tyrion too right?

Right?

Maddocks

I felt and looked like Tyrion at the end of that episode. He won man, why did he have to try and force him to admit it. He should have got his revenge, the boy didn't have to die. Now my favorite character is now going to die man. RIP.

Gray Matter

Man, so how about Jorah getting the boot? Curious to see where he could go from here, but more importantly this doesn't bode well for Dany. As a Targaryan she kinda needs that voice of reason by her side...

I wonder if it was really Tywinn who sent that, and who received it, and who gave to that kid to give to ser barristan!

SO MANY QUESTION! Damn you GRRM!

Need more Season 3 Daario. This new guy is lame.

This. Old Daario had so much mystery surrounding him. The new guy absolutely does NOT look like he will take the heads of two of his captains in their sleep.

New guy was awesome in that duel with the horse rider. Imagining the Season 3 Daario would have made that duel legendary.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if it was really Tywinn who sent that, and who received it, and who gave to that kid to give to ser barristan!

SO MANY QUESTION! Damn you GRRM!

It's exactly the sort of dick move Tywin would pull. He neuters the biggest threat to his rule without having to do much of anything. He got Dany to fuck herself up the ass.

antitrop

This. Old Daario had so much mystery surrounding him. The new guy absolutely does NOT look like he will take the heads of two of his captains in their sleep.

New guy was awesome in that duel with the horse rider. Imagining the Season 3 Daario would have made that duel legendary.

I heard Season 3 Daario had to be recast because he was busy filming a new Transporter movie or something. Too bad.

Man, if Bronn was fighting the Mountain, he would have been celebrating in an orgy right now instead of his head smashed like a pumpkin. Dude is a straight up gangster and you simply know he would have none of that bullshit.

Bronn or Jaime will bust him out. Believe. Maybe even a team up to do it. No way does Tyrion die here, they can't do that to us.

Nope x100. Too much positivity in that scenario, and we can't have that.

Even Jaime shot down the possibility of him busting Tyrion out. There is no way he can do it with that kind of security.

Edit: And I said the exact same words with Ned Stark.

inm8num2

I had a feeling they'd both die, but I was so hopeful for a moment for Oberyn.

He had it, but he lingered too long and made the mistake of getting too close.

God, those final images were horribly disturbing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, if Bronn was fighting the Mountain, he would have been celebrating in an orgy right now instead of his head smashed like a pumpkin. Dude is a straight up gangster and you simply know he would have none of that bullshit.

Amen. Bronn could have taken him, he would have done it without getting drunk, overly angry and getting his head crushed. Now he's got to find a way to bust Tyrion out without looking like he did it.

Nope x100. Too much positivity in that scenario, and we can't have that.

Even Jaime shot down the possibility of him busting Tyrion out. There is no way he can do it with that kind of security.

Yea but Bronn's a bro. If anyone could do it...

Ovid

Who else kept thinking while The Mountain was crushing Oberyn's eyes, "hmmm, I wonder how he'll get out of this and kill him"

There's no way we lose Tyrion too right?

Right?
I thought he Tyrion would somehow get a hold of a spear and put it through the back of The Mountain's head. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

I felt and looked like Tyrion at the end of that episode. He won man, why did he have to try and force him to admit it. He should have got his revenge, the boy didn't have to die. Now my favorite character is now going to die man. RIP.
This is why I love this series. Martin writes characters, not a story. The story comes from the interactions between the characters. He got himself killed by being who he was.

Protag

Banned
As soon as oberyn began yelling, dread overcame me, no fuckin lie, there was a pit in my stomach. I FELT like tyrion, like my life was gonna be decided.

Damn. The sound of his teeth hitting the floor tho. Didn't expect that but I knew he was fucked when he started doing flips and shit. Nobody in movies or TV ever wins after showboating in a fight.

Also that reminded me so much of dark souls PVP. Some douche in havels armor swinging around a zwei while a guy does flips over it with a spear lol.

Yea that was a brutal death :(. Heh I had that fight in DS2,the guy was using a 2h spear and was even named Oberyn. I had a 2h sword and couldn't touch him haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom