• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
13650221061110412214.GIF

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
#darksansa

Sansa turning evil from one moment to the next.... was not very convincing, seemed awkward.

Uh...I don't think she's turned evil. That's a really silly way to take that scene. She changed her wardrobe. She's assuming the role of the lady of the vale. Remember the scene were she told Littlefinger show knows what he expects of her? That's what she's doing now. Considering everything she's been through up to this point, it's a pretty decent gig.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Kinda thought the fight was a bit dumb. The sudden brutal death was shocking but it seems kinda stupid that someone so in control of the fight didn't realize that there was still potential danger, and got so close without reason. I feel like it was just off, needed something more to be believable. Maybe the mountain pretending to start a confession, maybe make the fight a little closer so that oberyn was at least fatigued or something.

Ovid

Kinda thought the fight was a bit dumb. The sudden brutal death was shocking but it seems kinda stupid that someone so in control of the fight didn't realize that there was still potential danger, and got so close without reason. I feel like it was just off, needed something more to be believable. Maybe the mountain pretending to start a confession, maybe make the fight a little closer so that oberyn was at least fatigued or something.
He was drinking.

He let his cockiness get the better of him

Crap! Oberyn! The group I was in bet on who was going to die and I was the only one who bet.the Mountain would win. I wish I was wrong. But at least I'm not taking a shot.

Niks

Uh...I don't think she's turned evil. That's a really silly way to take that scene. She changed her wardrobe. She's assuming the role of the lady of the vale. Remember the scene were she told Littlefinger show knows what he expects of her? That's what she's doing now. Considering everything she's been through up to this point, it's a pretty decent gig.

Fair enough.

Volimar

#darksansa

Sansa turning evil from one moment to the next.... was not very convincing, seemed awkward.

What do you mean turning evil? It's an outfit, not a new personality.

If anything she's just learning the power of shaping events to suit her needs. I really don't see anything evil there.

Protag

Banned
I want cersei dead, i want tywen dead. Why is it that the goods get the worst deaths???? WHY???

JOFFRY GOT OFF EASILY COMPARED TO OBERYN

potam

Banned
Well...I guess on the bright side
it looks like Jon Snow will finally do something next week.

edit: Was anyone else hoping that Oberyn was gonna chuck that spear through Tywin's face?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Damn. The sound of his teeth hitting the floor tho. Didn't expect that but I knew he was fucked when he started doing flips and shit. Nobody in movies or TV ever wins after showboating in a fight.

Also that reminded me so much of dark souls PVP. Some douche in havels armor swinging around a zwei while a guy does flips over it with a spear lol.

BLACKLAC

Agreed. He might as well have slipped on a banana peel, it would have been just as dumb.

btags

Jaqen in still somewhere out there.

You know, I was feeling depressed about this show, but that fact alone gives me hope, hope that George R.R. Martin never brought/brings this character back in the books so I can imagine him living on forever as a total badass.

bbdude

This. I don't think I've been shocked like this. Me and my wife were watching and she left without saying a word :lol

But seriously, there is nothing to discuss

For serious. I haven't been this shook since [breaking bad spoilers]
Gus turned to reveal half his face blown off

Tame? A dude got a sword through the back of his head and out his mouth a few weeks ago.

What about Ramsey letting his dogs savage the girl?

Tbh this is worse.
A sword through the back of the head isn't anywhere near as brutal as someone getting their face smashed in by their sibling's rapist/killer. It doesn't help that the said rapist/killer was able to taunt that someone about their sibling's brutal demise right before ending that person's life....
I'm still speechless....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What do you mean turning evil? It's an outfit, not a new personality.

If anything she's just learning the power of shaping events to suit her needs. I really don't see anything evil there.
Yes. Littlefinger's "trial" was Sansa's turning point. I think she's finally done being a helpless little girl. She's learned a lot about manipulation and explotation since leaving Winterfell and she's putting it to use. It's pretty satisfing seeing her take on this new role.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
He let his cockiness get the better of him
Right, but it was too obvious. There is a difference between letting your guard down and stepping within inches of a man determined to kill you. I dunno just seemed too contrived for an already contrived scene.

antitrop

What significance does Ramsey becoming a Bolten hold? I honestly don't know.

Yup, I don't know why I'm supposed to care about Ramsey or what real relevance his character has to the current plot. It seems like the only reason he's even a character on the show is because he has Theon.

puebla

I think the fight answered the question.

The mountain is the simpleton, Oberyn is just another beetle. There is no reason, they just do it because they can.
This makes sense actually. The hardest part about Oberyns death was watching the Mountain confess everything. What a way to go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom