• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

When he was prodding the mountain to confess, all I could think of was the Princess Bride.

That aftermath image was fucking brutal.

Nameless

Next week.... Episode 9...

bad-memory-gif.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
Jesus that was rough

Worst than the Red Wedding even though I figured Oberyn was doomed
I honestly thought it was gonna be the Viper winning the fight in awesome fashion and then starting an interesting kingdom dynamic with tyrion splitting with his house and joining theirs. Or something of the like. He just seemed too cool to kill off so fast.

Though I have to wonder how his people are gonna react to all this?

KHarvey16

I think there's a million things that could happen to keep Tyrion alive. It's kind of funny actually to see people simultaneously shocked at this outcome yet still so certain of another! Everything always seems to work out ok for him so I'm just sort of sticking with the idea that the fun part will be watching what keeps him from being killed. Maybe it's just me hoping a character I like stays around but it's at least plausible given how the story has gone so far.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Welp...that was that.

I was more fucking shocked because I THOUGHT someone spoiled the ending on Facebook by saying "wow, I didn't think they'd kill her!" And the whole episode I'm thinking to myself, 'omg which woman is going to die?!"

And then BAM it was Oberyn. And the post was a troll.

Edit: BTW, I hope this new Sansa is here to stay. She's going to start playing the game, and I'm going to love this dark and evil version of her.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Crazy fucking episode. I did not expect that! I thought they might have Oberyn lose but not like that.

Tyrion is so dead there's no way around it. His head is gonna be on a pike by the end of the season.

I don't think so. If they kill him because of this it'll just be lame. Every big death we've had so far has come because of bad choices that those characters made. Rob. Ned. Cat. Even Oberyn, he wanted revenge and he was cocky. Also the other deaths served a larger purpose in the overall plot.

What has Tyrion done and what would his death serve? Nothing. He was framed for a murder and he's killed because of it? Despite the fact that GoT loves to kill off major characters that doesn't seem like good plotting at all. It just seems like killing someone off for the sake of killing them off. Tyrion deserves better.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't think so. If they kill him because of this it'll just be lame. Every big death we've had so far has come because of bad choices that those characters made. Rob. Ned. Cat. Even Oberyn, he wanted revenge and he was cocky. Also the other deaths served a larger purpose in the overall plot.

What has Tyrion done and what would his death serve? Nothing. He was framed for a murder and he's killed because of it? Despite the fact that GoT loves to kill off major characters that doesn't seem like good plotting at all. It just seems like killing someone off for the sake of killing them off. Tyrion deserves better.

Exactly. People love to get behind this "GRRM kills everyone anyway" meme but tend to forget that he never kills characters just because.

I think there's a million things that could happen to keep Tyrion alive. It's kind of funny actually to see people simultaneously shocked at this outcome yet still so certain of another! Everything always seems to work out ok for him so I'm just sort of sticking with the idea that the fun part will be watching what keeps him from being killed. Maybe it's just me hoping a character I like stays around but it's at least plausible given how the story has gone so far.

Then again, next week is Episode 9...

Awful, mayne. That death hit me harder than anything else, probably because Oberyn could have easily ended it. Just brutal all around.

potam

Banned
Exactly. People love to get behind this "GRRM kills everyone anyway" meme but tend to forget that he never kills characters just because.

Would a major rift developing between Cersei/Tywin and Jaime due to Tyrion's wrongful execution really be just because?

REV 09

What a stupid, unsatisfying twist. I thought something was going to happen, but the editing or something was off during the final moments. Episode overall was quite weak.

RS4-

The long speech about the simpleton and the beetles being smashed I thought was pointless. Then I realized the characters are the beetles and RR Martin is the guy killing them off nonstop.

I thought it was the sound of the kid falling down the steps or something.

Brazil

Then again, next week is Episode 9...

Are we allowed to talk about previews here? Under spoiler tags, maybe?

If not, I'll remove it from my post.

Preview talk:
They only showed scenes of the Wall. I get the feeling we're up for another Blackwater-like episode, in which only those characters will appear. They even hired Neil Marshall, Blackwater's director to handle it.

Would a major rift developing between Cersei/Tywin and Jaime due to Tyrion's wrongful execution really be just because?

It'd be cheap. Jaime is already practically out of there anyway.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I honestly thought it was gonna be the Viper winning the fight in awesome fashion and then starting an interesting kingdom dynamic with tyrion splitting with his house and joining theirs. Or something of the like. He just seemed too cool to kill off so fast.

Though I have to wonder how his people are gonna react to all this?

I thought at least he would like pull a 300 and throw his spear at one of the Lannisters if he were going to die. Shit, so disappointing and brutal.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Of course there would be consequences if Tyrion dies but you can create that rift without lazily killing off a major character to do it. It would seem so pointless to build up Tyrion's character for 4 seasons (3 books) and then just off him to create a family spat.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
"My name is Oberyn Martell, you killed my sister, prepare to die!"
"My name is Oberyn Martell, you killed my sister, prepa....*pop*

that was a bummer.

Kraftwerk

Fuck, I am still angry.

I have not read the books. I started watching the show because of Ned Stark, and yeah...Then I stuck to it because of the dragons, and realised it's not about that at all. Then people kept dying, and I realized GRRM is a sadist.

I told myself before S4 started that fuck it, I might as well stick to it since I have come all this way. As soon as I saw Oberyn I was happy with my decision. Loved, loved the character and the actor.

And tonight happens. Seriously....ugh. This affected me 100 times more than the red wedding.

Brazil

Fuck, I am still angry.

I have not read the books. I started watching the show because of Ned Stark, and yeah...Then I stuck to it because of the dragons, and realised it's not about that at all. Then people kept dying, and I realized GRRM is a sadist.

I told myself before S4 started that fuck it, I might as well stick to it since I have come all this way. As soon as I saw Oberyn I was happy with my decision. Loved, loved the character and the actor.

And tonight happens. Seriously....ugh. This affected me 100 times more than the red wedding.

Enjoy the fuzzy feeling inside.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
"My name is Oberyn Martell, you killed my sister, prepa....*pop*

that was a bummer.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that lol.

Just watched it now. For Fucks Sake Oberyn, you had one job... ONE FUCKING JOB and you blew it. Man that was painful to watch. From the second he looked at Tywin I knew it was over, that was brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom