• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Oberyn was drunk? He had like a swig of wine, it's not like he was shitfaced out there.

It wasn't the wine, it was his asinine obsession to publically paint Tywin party to his sister's murder. Why did he have to be freaking close to him?
I knew as soon as Oberyn was flaunting that spear he was dead. I was still in shock though, I have hope that Tyrion lives somehow, but man I shouldn't expect that.

The flaunting didn't get him killed though. Oberyn could have just taken a seat and the mountain would have bled out.
Tyrions helmet remark was great foreshadowing.

No helmet would have saved him.
This show man! This show :(

Of course my new favorite character they kill off in such a heartbreaking way. And if my all time favorite character dies in response I don't even know :/

...on another note I am really starting to not like Danearas. I don't know if she is just being written poorly but she is starting to seem somewhat irrational and tyrannical. Yeah she's done a lot of honorable things but she seems she's about one or two steps from becoming quite a bad person. Her treatment of Jorah just came off completely illogical.

The guy was spying on her to her enemies, and the information only became known because someone else double crossed him. How is she to know that he's clean now? Honestly we the viewers have the benefit of seeing what's going on in the background. I doubt anyone in her position would have still kept Jorah around. In fact, most would have probably executed him.
I honestly thought it was gonna be the Viper winning the fight in awesome fashion and then starting an interesting kingdom dynamic with tyrion splitting with his house and joining theirs. Or something of the like. He just seemed too cool to kill off so fast.

Though I have to wonder how his people are gonna react to all this?

Well the ruling Prince of Dorne now has both a brother and a sister die at the hands of the Mountain and the Lannisters.

I'm too shaken to even comment on the rest of the episode. Sansa was great, Arya was funny, lol Jorah (dude should have come clean ages ago), I fucking hate those Bolton trash, and the wall is so screwed it's not even funny. Tyrion's bro moment with Jamie was both funny and sad. But man, Oberyn's need to get that stupid confession cost him. Everyone in the seven kingdoms knows he killed your sister and her kids. Doesn't mean you stop behaving like seasoned warrior all of a sudden. Finish him, cut his head off, and throw it at Tywin's feet. No one in all the Kingdoms is going to be willing to mess with the guy who just killed the Mountain.

Why are the good guys prone to sudden moments of stupidity? Ned, Robb, now Prince Oberyn. Fucking hell man, it's getting really bloody annoying that the bad guys keep on going on and on, and good guys keep getting killed. Joffrey getting his comeuppance after 3 seasons doesn't count as a balance.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The unanswered question here is...

Did/Does the Mountain end up dying to because of his stab wound?

Still say we will eventually at some point get the battle between the Hound and the Mountain!

Isn't this basically a double KO if he did die?!?!?!

GQman2121

Banned
Pretty boring episode until the shift to Kings Landing. The Stark girls are interesting though, so that's a plus. Everything else is a waste of time.

inm8num2

If I had to make a prediction, having NOT watched the preview for next week and having NOT read past the second book in ASOIAF, based ONLY on what I've watched in the show this season, I'd wager Tyrion's survival hinges on Jaime's help. I'd have to rewatch earlier episodes, but there were some undercurrents of a rift between Jaime and Tywin.

DoomGyver

Holy shit, the teeth, the scream, the blood. KO

That scene was so well done. Also, fuck the mountain. I hope the hound kills the fucker.

Oberyn :(

Nameless

I laughed when Jaime said "cousin killing".

tumblr_ma3y039lke1qlxbtso1_400.jpg

Heshinsi

Real question
Did Arya and the Hound pull a U turn........or will we get 1 damn Stark reunion?!

That's another thing that's really getting on my nerves. If Arya and the Hound turn back, that would be the 4th near miss between Starks, and the 2nd this season. What on Earth would compel her to turn from the Eyrie? Her cousin is here, she has nowhere else to go, it wouldn't make any sense.

Astral Dog

The favorite character of my teacher, he is going to be pissed off now, Tyrion of course will be fine, i wonder how many episodes are left?

TheYanger

That's another thing that's really getting on my nerves. If Arya and the Hound turn back, that would be the 4th near miss between Starks, and the 2nd this season. What on Earth would compel her to turn from the Eyrie? Her cousin is here, she has nowhere else to go, it wouldn't make any sense.

She doesn't know her cousin, and she's still the hound's prisoner.

Lol that fuckin guy. the fuck was he doin. I was totally pissed. Fuck.

If the mountain died too on that spot? Will that save our boy Tyrion?

Sansa seems like have turned the corner and will now be a crazy b. Baelish better watch out.

Lumicide

Banned
Wow, that was horrible. Wow! Amazing, but amazingly horrible!

I saw the exact moment Jorah's heart broke, and the exact moment my soul was crushed (by the mountain).

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
God... I seriously feel sick. Like my lizard brain computed what I saw as a real death despite my logical brain knowing better.

Heshinsi

She doesn't know her cousin, and she's still the hound's prisoner.

Except they've just told a bunch of Vale Troopers that she's Arya Stark. She might now know her cousin, but I doubt she's dumb enough not to realise the Vale is the only place left that isn't kissing ass to Tywin Lannister.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Rewatching. The way that oberyn goes... Man. Holy shit. GoT knows how to do devastating.

REV 09

If they don't get to meet because of a stupid bait and switch for the tenth time then I may just venture into the spoiler thread. The show is starting to lose some credibility. It's almost like it wants to be shocking and contrarian for the sake of it. At first it was interesting, but it's starting to feel like a gimmick.

Holy shit, the teeth, the scream, the blood. KO

That scene was so well done. Also, fuck the mountain. I hope the hound kills the fucker.

Oberyn :(

I seriously hope The Mountain is still alive so The Hound can gruesomely kill him. I'd hate for that fucker to have the last laugh after executing poor Oberyn like that.
The bad guys win way too much in this show, and there is only so much I can take.
:p

inm8num2

I avoided Pedro Pascal's AMA on reddit last week. I just went now to take a peek, and here's what he says in his intro:

Hello. My name is Pedro Pascal. I play Oberyn Martell, the red viper on Game of Thrones. I was born in Santiago, Chile, and I grew up in the states. I've been in New York for about 20 years, I would say NY is home. I cut my teeth in the theater here, and one of my first jobs out of college was an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which made my sister and friends very very proud of this day.

:(

And all you people talking about the Hound coming around and killing the mountain... Have you learned nothing from this show?! hahaha, just like we wanted Rob Stark to avenge his father, just like we wanted Oberyn to avenge his sister and just like you want the Hound to finally put his brother in place... it's too good to ever be true!!

:( stop breaking my heart.

Nuckinya

Neo Member
I'm kinda getting sick of this show's lack of poetic justice. It's starting to become really unsatisfying. I'm still a bit shocked right now, but I just wish there were more moments like
when Arya killed that guy a few episodes back (the one who killed the boy by sticking the needle in his throat).
. I'm not asking for every event to pan out this way, it just seems like GoT is turning into "what shocking way can we kill a main character".

It would have been sweet and satisfying to see Oberyn kill the Mountain, and I'm sure there still would have been several interesting and worthwhile storylines worth pursuing had that avenue been taken.

I also had a pretty bad feeling from the start that Oberyn wouldn't make it. I feel like for the whole 4 seasons they've hyped up the Mountain big time and to have him killed within 2-3 episodes of him being properly introduced seemed unlikely to me.

Disclaimer: This is my first post, so I spoiler tagged that thing even though I don't think it was necessary. Better safe than sorry!

Drensch

Ramsey finally got daddy's approval.

Speculation.
The Imp is death sentenced, and Sansa who clearly doesn't like little finger manages to get him killed. Does that make her both warden of The North and the Vale?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I honestly think I feel worse about this than when Ned or Robb died.

I think I'm gonna go cry in the corner, guys.

~Kinggi~

Banned
That was pretty good. Didnt really see it coming. And Sansa needs to have sex on this show, for my pleasure. She is hot, you see.

I feel like the bad guys win a lot because when they take an L, it's all the more glorious. On the opposite end the show would be pretty boring if good always came out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom