• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Matter

I laughed when Jaime said "cousin killing".

tumblr_ma3y039lke1qlxbtso1_400.jpg

Also my first thought, that was asshole Jamie back then, now he's cripple Jamie.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
And all you people talking about the Hound coming around and killing the mountain... Have you learned nothing from this show?! hahaha, just like we wanted Rob Stark to avenge his father, just like we wanted Oberyn to avenge his sister and just like you want the Hound to finally put his brother in place... it's too good to ever be true!!

:( stop breaking my heart.

Except the villains seem to have most of their shit go according to plan. If Littlefinger was a good guy, Sansa would ratted him out in that scene. If Ramsey was a good guy, his plan to take that castle would have failed. It is so unbalanced.

KHarvey16

It's actually interesting to see people break into two camps when something happens that they don't like - people who blame the character for being stupid and people who blame the creator for making a character do something stupid. I don't know if there's anything deeper there but it's interesting to see.

Gray Matter

It's actually interesting to see people break into two camps when something happens that they don't like - people who blame the character for being stupid and people who blame the creator for making a character do something stupid. I don't know if there's anything deeper there but it's interesting to see.

Blame no one, this will eventually sort itself out and it will be quiet in the realm

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I will say... I fucking respect the fact that this show treats violence and death with fucking weight. Cutting to Lady Sand screaming was almost too much....

EmiPrime

I'm kinda getting sick of this show's lack of poetic justice. It's starting to become really unsatisfying. I'm still a bit shocked right now

This is how I feel. I hope the last two episodes aren't so bleak because this feels so utterly crushing.

Worst case scenario: Castle Black gets completely rushed and everyone dies. Tyrion gets executed.

Best case scenario: Jon Snow comes up with something, Tyrion escapes, Oberyn coated his weapons with poison and the mountain dies next episode.

If Oberyn and Tyrion die, who do we root for in Westeros? Jaime, ehh no. Dude's in the grey zone for me. He loves his brother which is cool, but he also loves his sister, even on top of the corpse of his illegitimate children with her. Jon Snoo is too caught up with the Wall to have any say in the affairs of men. Bronn sold out. Maybe GRRM will introduce another ruggedly handsome badass, only to have his balls smashed and his heart ripped out.

Or maybe it is time we bowed to the One True King of Seven Kingdoms, the Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne, Ser Stannis The Mannis.

kaskade

Damn, for some reason I saw Oberyn losing. I figured he was going to get killed towards the end of the fight. Just because of the way he was being angry and everything. He should've easily killed him in the beginning. I didn't expect him to die like that though. Holy shit. It actually made me uneasy, takes a pretty decent amount for that to happen. Especially in a TV show since my brain usually just says it's fake anyway. I'm really sad that he died though. I liked him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Oberyn and Tyrion die, who do we root for in Westeros? Jaime, ehh no. Dude's in the grey zone for me. He loves his brother which is cool, but he also loves his sister, even on top of the corpse of his illegitimate children with her. Jon Snoo is too caught up with the Wall to have any say in the affairs of men. Bronn sold out. Maybe GRRM will introduce another ruggedly handsome badass, only to have his balls smashed and his heart ripped out.

Or maybe it is time we bowed to the One True King of Seven Kingdoms, the Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne, Ser Stannis The Mannis.

You're going to root for Stannis and you'll like it. Bronn's still a bro though, no one in the series would turn down what he got offered.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Another things is how good guy main characters get absolutely brutal deaths compared to main bad guys (can't think of another main bad guy that's died besides Joffrey).

• Ned Stark gets decapitated and has his mounted on a pike.
  • Robb Stark is pelted with cross bow bolts, stabbed in the heart, decapitated, and then has his wolf's head sown onto his body.
  • Prince Oberyn has his head explode.
  • King Joffrey the Dick dies from poison in his mom's arms, and gets an open casket funeral.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I actually thought Obyren was going to win.

Never again will I trust another human being, George RR Martin.

I hope Stannis shows up out of the blue and kills everyone. The remainder of the story can be philosophical commentary on the lord of the light starring Melisandre.

stufte

For fucking fucks sake! After he'd downed him and stabbed him in the chest he kept delaying it and delaying it! The whole time he was walking around him I was:

tumblr_m1kzh3HakI1qa6lp8.gif

rando14

Another things is how good guy main characters get absolutely brutal deaths compared to main bad guys (can't think of another main bad guy that's died besides Joffrey).

• Ned Stark gets decapitated and has his mounted on a pike.
  • Robb Stark is pelted with cross bow bolts, stabbed in the heart, decapitated, and then has his wolf's head sown onto his body.
  • Prince Oberyn has his head explode.
  • King Joffrey the Dick dies from poison in his mom's arms, and gets an open casket funeral.

How many "main bad guys" are there? The Lannisters... and who else? Because lots of bad guys in this show have died. Maybe not many Lannisters have died but why would they kill all the Lannisters lol there's only like 4

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
How many "main bad guys" are there? The Lannisters... and who else? Because lots of bad guys in this show have died. Maybe not many Lannisters have died but why would they kill all the Lannisters lol there's only like 4

I'll elevate the Boltons to "main tier" at this point

KHarvey16

Only a handful of people know Sansa is there, but I have to think the fact Arya Stark is at the gate will be relayed to one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom