• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathos

Banned
man, during the last scene I was like "fuck fuck FUUUUUUUUCK"
I knew some bullshit was going to happen when he kept pacing around him and screaming, and how he wouldn't end it...... FUCK.

Gray Matter

This seems strange to me, but because most of you agree, I guess I am on the outside. Arya is still super valuable no matter who is in charge.

She is, but who's the hounds next option? Tywinn? I don't think he has much use for arya since Robb and cat are dead. Plus, he would get killed if he set foot back in kings landing.

EmiPrime

I know it's fiction but I am still mad that Oberyn didn't drive his spear through the mountain's head or wait for him to bleed out. It seems a bit far fetched that such an experienced fighter would allow himself to be within arm's reach of that monster.

Grrrr. :(

inm8num2

Oberyn's undoing was that he had a personal interest in the fight. I remember Bronn championing for Tyrion in the Vale during season 1. He fights that one guy then puts a sword through his neck without flinching.

Had Bronn fought the Mountain he would have only had one goal - survive and kill the other guy. Oberyn's survival instincts were clouded by a thirst for revenge.

It wasn't overconfidence. It was his anger. He wanted to have his own revenge instead of just killing the guy.
It was everything.

Anger, need to label Tywin responsible so he could finish him off, overconfidence, a bit of drinking and finally obsession. I was kind of disappointed I didn't get to see the scene with Oberyn telling Tywin/Cersei that he was going to be his champion just to see their reaction.

I don't see Jon Snow dying. He has his whole "whose the mother Snow?" theory going on that needs to be resolved before he can die, though I think he is probably the favorite to sit on the throne by the end of the series. I think Stannis will show up or they will do an asspull to win.

I know it's fiction but I am still mad that Oberyn didn't drive his spear through the mountain's head or wait for him to bleed out. It seems a bit far fetched that such an experienced fighter would allow himself to be within arm's reach of that monster.

he was worked up about the girl and then he kind of turned his focus towards the dad wanting to prove a point. he lost focus of the fight

He wanted revenge. He wanted the Mountain to confess. He got so caught up in it that he ignored how dangerous his opponent could be.

Meanwhile, the Mountain didn't dick around and crushed the guy's face in.

Damn that ending destroyed me...
Me too. But it probably wont destroy me as much if tyrion finds a way to get out of this mess alive. I hope he will as he is like the only likeable guy in kings landing.

The Rains of Castamere episode meanwhile will stay in my memories forever. I was close to shedding a tear on that episode.

DominoKid

tyrion.gif

an entire fandom's reaction.

wildfire

Banned
Another season of betrayals cant believe Jorah betrayed Daenerys like I cant believe Bronn, and Shae betrayed Tyrion.
Ramsay is starting to scare me the last thing this evil brick needs is higher status now he is going to take the North. Oh he definitely up there with his father whose deaths need to happen for the fairness of this show.
Ramsay so going to surpass Joffrey with his evil deeds as being most hated. Tyrion just damn his fate seems set looks like he is 1-1 in trial by combat reason I thought he would live his because he survived one before and Oberyn is going to be his champion he had motive. Sansa has finally become likeable hopefully we see less tears and more evolution to her character.

Jorah's betrayal was all the way back in season 1 though. This wasn't a recent thing.

As for Ramsey, he's been equal to Joffrey on the evil meter (slaughter of babies matches up pretty well with feeding a friend to dogs and Theon's conversion) but he won't be hated like Joffrey.

What elevates Joffrey's hatedom is that he was given every advantage in life. Ramsey on the other hand is a bastard and bastards are regularly treated like shit on the show. He is on a road to improvement in the eyes of his family which will make him endearing enough for some people, even though he is a psycho.

That was brutal. Kilik...Oberyn should have killed him when he had the chance. Stalling for the name is the antagonistic way of doing things before the hero get's the kill. In this case JRR Martin lies to flip the script and plays it the opposite way with the hero getting killed. Again, that was a brutal eye gouging and head crushing.

Lady Sansa. :D moving up the charts and playing the game the right way.

BpGWTRaCEAA1HK0.png

Nightmare > Kilik

The first couple of times, yes.

Arcayne

Dany vs Jorah = :eek:
Sansa's new maleficent getup = :O
Arya's laugh = :D
Tyrion & Jaime = ?
Oberyn vs Mountain = :

Man, what an episode. I'm legit sad rn.

Derwind

Oberyn is a fucking idiot. Way too many theatrics.

I was expecting an Arya/Sansa reunion but that might not happen.

Sansa is getting a little darker, even that outfit. I hope she's not falling for pervy Baelishs ways.

Greyjoy/Bolton scenes were pretty cool. I eagerly await the day when the Lannisters and Boltons get whats coming to them.

Deanerys scenes weren't that inspiring.

Also, that ending... that fucking ending.... stupid fucking Obreyn... smug fucking Cersei and fucking Tywin... ugh.

Five

Banned
I took it as her laughing at the irony of having more family die right before she met up with them.

Same here. I actually bust up laughing myself a couple seconds before Arya did, with the blank stares she and the Hound were giving. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud from this show before.

edit: re: Oberyn, I couldn't care less about him. And I know Tyrion has enough plot armor to pull through. Oberyn was definitely interesting, but there are always interesting characters in the show, so another one will come around.

BLCKATK

Man that Oberyn dragoon style.. I was so into it and then I saw the anger and I thought to myself "He's going to lose it... shit SHIT" and next thing I knew the mountain tripped him. DAMN.

Very good episode, I will miss Oberyn, I was starting to like him a lot and wanted to see him grow past his revenge but I guess we'll never see that.

Fezan

Man i am never so much devastated after watching any media. Seriously Fuck this show.

Also one thing that bugged me that how could Tywin Lannister let this fight happen. I know it was obreyns own choice to be champion but wouldn't it cause a larger rift between house Martell and House Lanister and may even cause a war. Specially now when kings landings is completely broke

harSon

Banned
Can they take some creative liberties and omit Daenerys from the show? I pretty much hate everything about her story line right now. Made worse by the fact that Emilia Clark is an insufferable actress. The only redeeming aspect of her arc tonight was Nathalie Emmanuel.

rando14

Man i am never so much devastated after watching any media. Seriously Fuck this show.

Also one thing that bugged me that how could Tywin Lannister let this fight happen. I know it was obreyns own choice to be champion but wouldn't it cause a larger rift between house Martell and House Lanister and may even cause a war. Specially now when kings landings is completely broke

Not Tywin's place to say who can't fight, it's up the gods brah :p

Honestly, it's part of what makes this series so interesting. The bad guys can win. No one is safe.

thewrongplace.gif

Benniator

Neo Member
Ramsey needs to die. Now that he achieved acknowledgement from his daddy he needs to die a gruesome death.

Why? I thought that was a very moving scene. I was hoping they would embrace, but Ramsey kneeling instead drove the point home that there is still a barrier between father and son. I look forward to seeing their relationship blossom and hearing them eventually tell each other "I love you".

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I just want the White Walkers to come kill everyone now. Dany shouldn't even bother with that stupid continent, and just chill out in Essos. Fuck the Lannisters, fuck the Freys, fuck the Boltons, fuck Littlefinger, fuck the Wall, fuck the Red Whore and her little bitch King, fuck that old fart kissing Lannister ass, fuck the Iron Throne. I hope the White Walkers come and kill every single last person in Westeros (except Dorne cause they're cool), and then they salt the place so nothing can ever grow on it ever. Sansa, Arya, and the Hound better get out while they can.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This episode got a big reaction out of me but now I'm in a bad mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom