• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespene

5Pw04F3.jpg

gg

Why? I thought that was a very moving scene. I was hoping they would embrace, but Ramsey kneeling instead drove the point home that there is still a barrier between father and son. I look forward to seeing their relationship blossom and hearing them eventually tell each other "I love you".

As long as they get to kill people I despise, I'll even root for them.

Right now, I just want to sit in the corner and cry.
Why the fuck did Oberyn have to be so cocky and egotistical? He should never have taken those chances. Jesus!
Well, at least the big fight happened. I seriously feel terrible right now. And damn, talk about a painful death :(

Nizz

God damn that was fucking brutal...

Seriously my heart dropped when I saw tyrion's face.
Yeah, I was crushed when Oberyn was killed and then the camera focused on Tyrion. :/

This show man... Damn. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Oberyn got the upper hand on the Mountain. I'm thinking wow, this is happening. Tyrion is going to live. Then all the air got sucked out of me when the Mountain turned the tables. That was god-damn brutal.

I was also shocked when that pardon was delivered and the truth about Jorah was revealed to Dany. I did not see that development happening at all and caught me completely off guard. No matter what good intentions he has had since being first sent to spy on Dany, he still spied on her and nearly cost her her life.

And jesus, Missandei is so beautiful. Never expected to see her fully nude but what a blessing. :)

I won't stop watching the show since I love it so much but the thought of Tyrion not being there anymore hurts. He's absolutely one of, if not my favorite character.

Angry Fork

I'm so fucking upset that 75% of this ep was shit I do not care about at all. I hate Daenerys storyline more than I've hated anything in any show, more than Carl from the walking dead, more than the Lana vampire season of Smallville, I don't know what else.

I don't care about the Bolton's, I don't care about Sam's girlfriend and the baby. I was just saying stop i don't care out loud over and over while watching and checking the time to see how much would be left for Tyrion.

I waited 2 weeks for Tyrion not tears from some dumb white knight and a bald skinny guy with a permanent whiney face. They are such a boring waste of time, by the time Tyrion showed up I was too annoyed to enjoy the scenes. I swear this show would lose nothing if they cut out Daenerys entirely.

As for Tyrion, I refuse to believe they will kill him off. Arya is my favorite character next to him, but I don't think even she is worth watching through the rest of the characters if they kill off Tyrion. I basically have to grit my teeth through the others in order to watch the big three which are actually interesting and fun (Tyrion/Lannisters, Arya, little finger). I like Brienne too but when she's with Jaime.

Pathos

Banned
Yeah, I think he's dead, so it will end up in a draw of some sort? Maybe Tywin will carry out the deal that they had before;Jaime goes to Casterly Rock and Tyrion to the Night's Watch?

Vhagar

Neo Member
Just the last second "GOTCHYA" type of stuff. I don't read the books so I don't know if it just GRRM or jus the writers. Just bugs me, nothing against the quality of the show or anything.

It wasn't really a last second gotchya. They definitely build up towards it. The beetle scene about why the strong prey on the weak and why is there all this senseless killing in the world and Oberyn's general showboat nature throughout the entire fight. The way he points at Tywin in the end seemed like he wanted a confession out of Tywin rather than straight up killing the Mountain and that was also the moment he lost focus in the fight.

BadAss2961

Not Tywin's place to say who can't fight, it's up the gods brah :p

thewrongplace.gif
Pretty much... Too bad though since Oberyn was cool as hell and turned out to be one of the slickest fighters ever put on television.

Also, I really miss Theon. He was a character that grew on me, but is beyond repair now.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yeah, I think he's dead, so it will end up in a draw of some sort? Maybe Tywin will carry out the deal that they had before;Jaime goes to Casterly Rock and Tyrion to the Night's Watch?

Even if Mountain dies, he didn't die first. Assuming thats the only rule of trial by combat.

I just want the White Walkers to come kill everyone now. Dany shouldn't even bother with that stupid continent, and just chill out in Essos. Fuck the Lannisters, fuck the Freys, fuck the Boltons, fuck Littlefinger, fuck the Wall, fuck the Red Whore and her little bitch King, fuck that old fart kissing Lannister ass, fuck the Iron Throne. I hope the White Walkers come and kill every single last person in Westeros (except Dorne cause they're cool), and then they salt the place so nothing can ever grow on it ever. Sansa, Arya, and the Hound better get out while they can.

I'd be completely ok with this. I'd especially like to see a White Walker tear Cersei in two(<3 you Lina Heedy)
I'm tired of the bad guys winning all the time....especially when they always kill the heroes in the most gruesome ways. It's starts to become mean spirited when you do it so much and the Oberyn head smash scene was just that, mean spirited.
:/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I didn't get the sense he died. Hopefully get to see the Hound go up against his much younger older brother.

Not sure how he survives getting stabbed in the gut like that. Pretty sure his last action in life was crushing Obyern's head into a bloody pulp.

I knew it. The second Oberyn had the upper hand I was just thinking to myself that he was going to die. It's Game of Thrones. Whatever I want to happen will not happen. Ever since Ned Stark's beheading I've come to accept that fact.

I wish I could crush heads with my hands... the writers' heads.

EDIT: Also, the Hound is beyond fucked. They would not have shown him checking his wound if it wasn't getting infected. No movie or tv show ever draws attention to something if it isn't significant. He has no one to sell Arya to. It's over.

Not sure how he survives getting stabbed in the gut like that. Pretty sure his last action in life was crushing Obyern's head into a bloody pulp.

I'll have to watch that ep again. I'm glad its only a week to watch the next ep. the last two weeks were painful.

Madrin

Holy shit, that was the hardest death to watch for me yet. I was expecting Oberyn to die but god that was so brutal. The visual, the cracking sounds, Ellaria's scream, all of it. It was extra difficult to watch since Oberyn was one of my favorite characters.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The Mountain was stabbed right in the middle of his torso deep with a giant spear. I think it's safe to assume he........might..die.

I'd be completely ok with this. I'd especially like to see a White Walker tear Cersei in two(<3 you Lina Heedy)
I'm tired of the bad guys winning all the time....especially when they always kill the heroes in the most gruesome ways. It's starts to become mean spirited when you do it so much and the Oberyn head smash scene was just that, mean spirited.
:/
The series is notorious for this though. I'm sure many more horrible things are on the horizon.

That's why GRRM always wears that hat, to shield him from the never ending tears.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Mountain was stabbed right in the middle of his torso deep with a giant spear. I think it's safe to assume he........might..die.

Yea, I bet that's the last of him we're gonna see. Unless the Lannisters know a wizard or some crazy guy turns him into a Frankenstein monster, not that it would take much work.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
HOLY SHIT

THE END OF THIS EPISODE

HOOOOOLY SHIT

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

WHOA

And I just started to like him. holy shit that death.

Happiness from Arya&Sansa potentially reuniting and Tyrion surviving... then BAM THAT SHIT HAPPENS

WHOAAAAAAAAAAA

goddamnit. this fucking show will be the end of me.

Episode was by and large pretty dull. It's getting to the point where all the disparate storylines are starting to interfere with the flow of things and tonight especially was a huge cocktease.

That ending though. Intense stuff, but like most TV series I've reached a point where it's much easier to read the way the wind is blowing, so Oberyn's fate was not at all surprising.

Feels like there needs to be a shift-change in the dynamics to make things fresh again. With everything that's been set up I can only imagine that it's on the way...

Fuck this shit. The bad guys always winning is getting old. Oberyn should have won that fight. He was my favorite new character. His death shocked me more than any other death in the show so far. Seriously, fuck that shit.

Now that he didn't, I'll forgive George if Jaimie helps Tyrion escape or if, struck by his brother's death, he kills Cersei and Tywin himself. That would be bad-ass.

What could also happen is Stannis just wrecking shit at King's Landing with his new army.

I love Evil Sansa's new evil outfit. I thought she looked like Edea; I'm glad I was not the only one.

As soon as oberyn began yelling, dread overcame me, no fuckin lie, there was a pit in my stomach. I FELT like tyrion, like my life was gonna be decided.

Same. His girlfriend's scream did not help.

I imagine like Michelle Fairley, she has a no-nudity clause in her contract especially since it was drafted when she was like 14.

Contracts can be amended. :)

btrboyev

I could do without people quoting that gif. I'm not one to let gore phase me, but that scene was maybe too much for me for whatever reason. The screaming gets me.

npa189

That was one of the most graphic murders I've seen on television. Oberyn was a cool character, he grew on me throughout the season. You don't get to be called the mountain by letting people kill you, I seriously doubted he could kill that huge fucker and part of me thinks he will live. Fucking grizzly.

Garland7G

Horrible episode aside from the end fight. It seemed like a lot of filler to stretch it out. Not to mention the terrible dialog throughout the episode.
That whole bit where Tyrion and Jamie talk about the half-wit who smashed beetles, Jamie confessing a Maester tried to touch him? Then Arya laughing when she finds out her Aunt is dead? wtf.
Worst episode of the season imo, the fight was good but it was only 5 minutes out of 50ish.

I want Tywin to get his. Even though he's one of the most statuesque characters, his treatment on his son and the games he's played to get things to this point fall on him. He deserves to die.

I agree completely that I want the old Lion dead by the end of the series, but I still love every moment he spends on screen. Dance is spectacular.

Sober

Man, that was the hardest thing to watch at the end.

I was chatting with a friend and she told me she threw up because of it (not because of the gore though).

Still shaking from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom