• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubbe

The clever people don't die, while the naive and simple minded suffer
All the Lannisters are pretty clever and they live for the game, so it's not surprising that they do so well
But they sure hate each other

Stannis should probably die since one can't be more simpleminded than him

kingkitty

Na9HXLT.gif

I knew GRRM was gonna pull this bullshit.

But at the end of this ep...I actually gained hope, that maybe, just maybe, there was a light at the end of this tunnel. The Mountain was on his back with a fucken spear in his chest.

Tyrion would be freed.

Oberyn and Tyrion, bros forever.

But no, Oberyn's ego made him into a beetle stomping moron. Fuck you Oberyn.

Tyrion should have just taken Tywin's deal instead of getting emotional and asking for a trial by combat.

Fuck you Tyrion.

Fuck you show.

I can't wait to have my heart broken some more next week.

ZoddGutts

Please don't start this.... This show is extremely polarizing, there are going to be people that don't like certain characters. Even Tyrion had haters in the first season for some of the lines he had. Very few if any of these characters are perfect. I like Dany, but I'm not mystified that some people would be less than impressed with the way her character has been written recently. Leaving the cities she liberated, having to be talked down from the torture, and jettisoning a guy who a lot of people like tonight.

Re-fucking-lax please... the last thing I want to see is the crap that plagued Breaking Bad, where if anyone dared dislike Skylar they were a sexist misogynistic asshole. It just KILLED conversation in those threads.

Thank you, so much this. Not sure what's up with that guy, it's as if he's taking personally whenever someone says negative about Dany, take it down a notch, it's not as if we're talking about sister. yikes. Personally I'm getting bored of her story arc.

NoTacos

Haha I hadn't thought about that, I just meant more of a general question of "Why is the world so (arbitrarily) brutal" but that's a really good and funny point.
Perhaps he is merely reflecting real world brutality through his writing, something that none of us are accostomed to? Not many writers, if any in recent memory, take it as far and realistically possible as GRRM.

Regardless, my stomach is devastated and I will happily never watch that episode ending again. (And I thought nothing could be worse than the shock of Jamie losing his hand with no build up)

There is not enough talk about Sansa's new outfit. She looked fly as hell.

I hope she isn't stuck in the Vale now though. Now that she's in it to win it, I wanna see her back in the thick of things. Her and Margaery must reunite!

Oh man... next week it will be like 300 of Castle Black defending the fucking Wall. Jon Snow will kick Mance down the Wall saying THIS IS THE NIGHT'S WATCH

Nikodemos

Oh man... next week it will be like 300 of Castle Black defending the fucking Wall. Jon Snow will kick Mance down the Wall saying THIS IS THE NIGHT'S WATCH
The way things work against the good guys (for a given measure of) in this show, I fully expect to see Castle Black get rolled over by muthafukin giants in the space of ten minutes. And the rest of the episode filled with Jorah pining for his Khaleesi.

Zaptruder

Banned
Bahahaa.... you gotta give it to the show.

It really knows how to build up charismatic hero types and then *SMASH THEM TO BITS*.

Tyrion is safe because he's charismatic, but no hero.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I totally agree. And I agree with Angry Fork that Dany is not actually one of the good guys. How can everybody root for her when she murders people just because they don´t do what she want, is beyond me!!!

I want to watch what show you're watching cause I think my feed has missing scenes or something. I'm calling Shaw tomorrow and finding out where all my missing Dany scenes are.

Linius

For some reason I thought Oberyn could do this. And well it turned out he actually could. But of course it wasn't meant to be. That was a brutal ending :/

mujun

Lame.

Without Tyrion or Oberyn the show loses a pretty big chunk of its appeal.

I still like the whole story and setting but I have trouble finding characters I actually dig (there aren't many to start with and the ones I do end up liking don't last very long).

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Bronn woulda handled that shit.

Bronn would have been dead a minute in. If anyone else had the exact same skill set as Oberyn and used the same weapon, and the only difference was that they had none of Oberyn's emotional baggage, they would have won cleanly.

JawzPause

God dammit Oberyn, emotion always gets the better of people.
I am a bit confused however, didn't the mountain also die? Or is it who dies first that matters?

That was disappointing, I honestly thought with all the shocks and twists we've had that we wouldn't be given such an obvious "twist" in the fight. All through his posturing I was screaming "JUST KILL HIM!!!" it was so obviously coming. What I wanted to happen was the Mountain admit he did it under orders from Tywin, then Oberyn smile before finishing him off, later we see Oberyn and Tyrion boarding a boat saying "See you in the spring" to Tywin, meaning they will be coming back with an Army. That's why I thought he wanted the confession, as a reason for war. Wasted opportunity in my opinion.

I am a bit confused however, didn't the mountain also die? Or is it who dies first that matters?

I really hope not, I want to see a Mountain vs Hound Deathmatch!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lame.

Without Tyrion or Oberyn the show loses a pretty big chunk of its appeal.

I still like the whole story and setting but I have trouble finding characters I actually dig (there aren't many to start with and the ones I do end up liking don't last very long).

I'd be very shocked if they got rid of Tyrion. There is a large chunk of the fanbase who does not care about the Starks, Snow, or Daenerys at all.

I'm in bed trying to sleep and I can't get Oberyn's screaming out of my head. It definitely will stick with you for a while. I really liked Oberyn.

:(
Same here.
The whole violent combo is preventing me from relaxing.
It makes no sense either...I've seen the worst the internet has to offer in terms of IRL gore(unfortunately). It really shouldn't be bothering me so much, but it is. My sweet prince!! T.T
:/

nubbe

Same here.
The whole violent combo is preventing me from relaxing.
It makes no sense either...I've seen the worst the internet has to offer in terms of IRL gore(unfortunately). It really shouldn't be bothering me so much, but it is. My sweet prince!! T.T
:/

he was our champion :(

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:<

no no no no no :<

whyyyyyy D: and so bloody >__< ackack. and that screaming :<

.... whyyyyyy :< he was so handsome. oasidjasjhdaksjdhaskfhasf *unintelligible*

on another note! SANSA! <3 She was stunning like whoa in that get up <3 Hoping she will ditch the usual drabby outfit for this new look from here on out !

also, tyrion and jaime in the cell. it was weird, and started slow as a scene, but something in dinklage's delivery really drew me in. at the end of it, i really, really wanted to know the mystery of orson lannister and the endless husks of dead beetles, too.

the rest of the episode was kinda slow :<

appreciate the tiny bits of goreaction with the wildlings and roose, but yeah. slow.

dany's bit was probably the weakest in this episode. ... oh and arya and the hound's scene was also a bit weak. but that's mostly due to the length it was given, i think.

.... ah, aaaaaaand! grey worm and missandei. gosh, those two are so beautiful. <3

Ratrat

I'd be very shocked if they got rid of Tyrion. There is a large chunk of the fanbase who does not care about the Starks, Snow, or Daenerys at all.

This is based on material written 14 years ago. As if he gives a rats ass about people watching the show now.

I'm not even sure why Martin is constantly being brought up in this 'No book thread'. People should shut up or aim their ire at the show writers.

also, tyrion and jaime in the cell. it was weird, and started slow as a scene, but something in dinklage's delivery really drew me in. at the end of it, i really, really wanted to know the mystery of orson lannister and the endless husks of dead beetles, too.

I was so hypnotized hearing Orson's history. I got frustrated when he finished it not knowing the answer. lol

wildfire

Banned
The Mountain was stabbed right in the middle of his torso deep with a giant spear. I think it's safe to assume he........might..die.

The Viper will live up to his name. Not only will he get revenge against the Mountain but also the Lannisters in death. The gods are funny like that.

Nasser

Why would this happen. What the fuck were you thinking Oberyn! You should've finished your opponent off when you had the chance.

wildfire

Banned
Daenerys isn't part of the good guys. She's a less sadistic female Joffrey. How people think she's good is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in the GOT fanbase.

She reluctantly free's slaves as a pragmatic necessity to getting back a throne that she was lucky enough to be born into. (And doesn't free them, they're now her slaves.) For 2 seasons she had no experience in anything and did nothing at all to be worthy of being a queen or leader of anything, but she still has a 'right' to it because aristocratic nonsense and orders around everyone who actually knows what they're doing. And anyone who says no to this spoiled brat has to be punished/killed.

You totally misinterpreted her actions and those of the slaves. The simplest proof that says your wrong is that she decides to rule in in Essos precisely because of the slaves who decided not to follow her are under the control of the surviving ,asters again.

I can't even get into the stockholm syndrome issues, suddenly loving and caring about her rapist Drogo and making him into some kind of martyr. And nobody seems to question this at all, it's the weirdest thing. She is Marie Antoinette, the unsullied should've laid the guillotine to her a long time ago.

Now you are forgetting how everyone reacted to that scene. It was universally hated. Even after it was pointed out later that the books did it totally differently, many people still hated it because on screen performances trumps books they will never read.

It feels like the only reason people think she's good is because she's a 'strong' woman. Arya and Brienne are infinitely more interesting and strong than she could ever be, and have actually earned and bled on their own for their victories. I really hope she dies but for some reason this show portrays her like she's some positive force and not another Cersei Lannister which she obviously is.

Where have you been during season 3? Most people were getting sick of Dany just farting around in Essos and not going to King's Landing.

I mean, he likely is still dead. What with the poison and all that.

Knowing this show The Mountain is gonna end up living. He'll get gold, lots of women to screw/torment, and a huge profitable chunk of land for being the best murdering rapist douche he could be. He'll live happily after while the white walkers kill everybody.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom