• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only as bad as her getting wiped out the moment she touches down in westeros.

I think Dany's role is to sacrifice her dragons and army to end the threat of the White Walkers, afterwhich she will be properly put to death by the Lannisters. That way, all of her story will have amounted to something. She'll have had a lasting impact on Westeros.

jorgeton

My favorite part of this episode and this season overall has been Sansa and Littlefinger's creepy but oddly tender relationship. I'm rooting for those two crazy kids.

Ruruja

I wonder what would happen to the TV ratings if Tyrion dies, I know I'd be less interested in watching it and my mother says she would definitely stop watching.

UrbanRats

I felt The Wire was a lot more "fair" in that regard, though now that I think of it, I'm struggling to find a good amount of examples :lol

I don't think the world of the Wire is particularly more just (if anything, less so) but it's more realistic, so you can accept it more easily, i think.
---

Also wanted to point out that Oberyn wasn't even the first born of his family, so they may have another badass coming from Dorne, for all we know.

Figgles

I'm getting tired of Game of Thrones being 40 minutes of nothing then one interesting thing in the last two minutes.

The wildlings are at the gates of castle black.

Roose bolton controls the whole north and ramsey is now his heir.

Sansa is starting to play the game.

Jorah was kicked to the curb. Jorah and dany were inseparable for 4 seasons. Now, dany is without her best advisor.

Oberyn vs. the mountain

Nothing happened.

Siegcram

The wildlings are at the gates of castle black.

Roose bolton controls the whole north and ramsey is now his heir.

Sansa is starting to play the game.

Jorah was kicked to the curb. Jorah and dany were inseparable for 4 seasons. Now, dany is without her best advisor.

Oberyn vs. the mountain

Nothing happened.
Hey man, 4 of those 5 things you can't tweet about or post reaction vids of.

Ergo: Booooooring.

If you think that then the show probably isn't for you. The entire episode was all plot movement really, except maybe for Tyrion's talk with Jaime.

I was really expecting that 10min conversation to mean something but then at the end the story didnt even finish..I was like.....
"WHY DID HE KILL THE BEATLES!"

Feorax

It's normally episode 9 of the series when everything kicks off isn't it? Really looking forward to seeing how this season resolves itself.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What would you do with stones but no pillar?

PBF006-TAOTMWNP.gif

Blader

When Barristan confronts Jorah, i was concerned that Jorah might try to kill him before he reaches Deny.

Just before this ep aired, I was thinking to myself when the hell Selmy was going to finally do something. I can't imagine how bored some of these actors must be with how little they get to do for an entire season.

Spineker

Banned
I'm surprised people are expressing so much disinterest in Dany's arc and not that girl with the baby in the whorehouse. I don't even recall her name because I just can't bring myself to care.

Just before this ep aired, I was thinking to myself when the hell Selmy was going to finally do something. I can't imagine how bored some of these actors must be with how little they get to do for an entire season.

The mountain probably doesnt sit on set for 6 months when he is 1 scene..

Curufinwe

I don't think we have even seen Gendry or the Brotherhood.

I'm surprised people are expressing so much disinterest in Dany's arc and not that girl with the baby in the whorehouse. I don't even recall her name because I just can't bring myself to care.

I read the first 4 books. I think I stopped reading Dany's arc in the 3rd. I'd just skip it and get the summary from my wife (who is farther ahead in the season). It's just a lot of boring shit that isn't connected to any of the other interesting characters in the series.

For a while I'd also skip Bran's sections.... until it got interesting again.

munchie64

God damn that was brutal. I yelled "FUCK" at the screen way too loud when his head exploded. Solid episode though. Every scene I thought was solid except for the Grey Worm romance stuff. Not sure about that yet.
Anyway some predictions:

1. I don't THINK Tyrion is gonna die. Don't ask me how. I don't think he'll get help from anyone obvious like Jamie or Varys.
2. The wall gets attacked bad stuff is gonna happen, maybe Stannis shows up.
Judging from previews next episode is gonna be this as Blackwater 2.0.
3. A bad guy will die. I can't say I truly understand GRRM's thought process, but the storyteller in me makes me feel there has to be a balance after all this shit.

God damn that was brutal. I yelled "FUCK" at the screen way too loud when his head exploded. Solid episode though. Every scene I thought was solid except for the Grey Worm romance stuff. Not sure about that yet.
Anyway some predictions:

1. I don't THINK Tyrion is gonna die. Don't ask me how. I don't think he'll get help from anyone obvious like Jamie or Varys.
2. The wall gets attacked bad stuff is gonna happen, maybe Stannis shows up.
Judging from previews next episode is gonna be this as Blackwater 2.0.
3. A bad guy will die. I can't say I truly understand GRRM's thought process, but the storyteller in me makes me feel there has to be a balance after all this shit.

GRRM's thought process is "EVIL WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL!"

Spineker

Banned
One of the greatest things about GoT is all the foreshadowing in the dialogue. I can't remember a show that was so well produced that you would listen so intently for even the slightest hint.

That stuff with the necklace at the purple wedding is the perfect example.

Jesus christ, that ending. I definitely was not expecting the "good guy" to win (lol), but I thought Oberyn had it until he started dancing around at the end, which was a dead giveaway. Having Oberyn win would've been a breath of fresh air on this show, actually.

Really enjoyed the Jaime/Tyrion scene, as usual. Those two have had a great rapport this season, definitely hoping for some more before the season is out.

I loved seeing Theon and Ramsay ride together when Ramsay says "I'm going to need a bath" at the end of their scene. Here's two guys that were in (somewhat) similar positions a couple of seasons ago - sons of powerful men who are desperate to prove themselves to their fathers, who think very little of them. Now here we are, after both have done terrible, terrible things in aid of their quest for paternal approval, and one has gotten the approval and acknowledgement that he sought after for so long, along with a significant promotion, while the other is a enuch who has been relentlessly totured, betrayed his house, and has had his mind cracked like a walnut.

Spineker

Banned
Jesus christ, that ending. I definitely was not expecting the "good guy" to win (lol), but I thought Oberyn had it until he started dancing around at the end, which was a dead giveaway. Having Oberyn win would've been a breath of fresh air on this show, actually.

Really enjoyed the Jaime/Tyrion scene, as usual. Those two have had a great repoir this season, definitely hoping for some more before the season is out.

I loved seeing Theon and Ramsay ride together when Ramsay says "I'm going to need a bath" at the end of their scene. Here's two guys that were in (somewhat) similar positions a couple of seasons ago - sons of powerful men who are desperate to prove themselves to their fathers, who think very little of them. Now here we are, after both have done terrible, terrible things in aid of their quest for paternal approval, and one has gotten the approval and acknowledgement that he sought after for so long, along with a significant promotion, while the other is a enuch who has been relentlessly totured, betrayed his house, and has had his mind cracked like a walnut.

About that scene, was that Winterfell they were approaching? It looked like it.

Trick_GSF

Banned

Not a massive fan of that particular thread either, personally. In terms of Daenerys.. there is just something irritating about her, and the more I see, the less I like her. Also that whole plot there is the least interesting to me.

I liked her to start with.. not sure what happened. :/

book stuff

Easy with the book talk..

Ok, now that I've got that "fuck this show" post out of my system, gotta say that this episode was really nice. I'm just not sure about that Jaime-Tyrion talk, but maybe it could mean something after we see what's coming next.

Also, thanks GRRM for killing my new favourite character, but, even though I was pissed, I have to admit that GoT doesn't shock me that much anymore with all its bombastic stuff and killing characters. At least not after Red Wedding. And, by the way, that scene with Arya and the Hound at the Bloody Gates (or however those are called), was great. First I started laughing when they showed Hound's face after hearing about Lysa's death, and then Arya started laughing. Oh, and Sansa looks badass, and Littlefinger looks plain evil.

P.S. Fuck this show for killing Oberyn :(

Vashetti

Banned

Gilly is tied into Sam's arc, which is tied into Jon's arc, which is tied into the Night's Watch arc, which is tied into the Wildling arc, which is tied into the White Walker arc.

Dany, no matter how hard they try, is disconnected from everyone else. Her arc has been boring ever since 3.04 when she Dracarys'd Kraznys. That was the peak of her story and it's been downhill ever since.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't think the world of the Wire is particularly more just (if anything, less so) but it's more realistic, so you can accept it more easily, i think.
---

Also wanted to point out that Oberyn wasn't even the first born of his family, so they may have another badass coming from Dorne, for all we know.

They should send his twin brother oboryn who wears a cowboy hat.

Dryk

Oberyn you daft fucking cunt, you had one job!!
That scene made me feel legit queesy, I did not need to see that at all. Second time this series I think I've shrieked aloud
His one job was to torture a confession out of Clegane, helping Tyrion was just a means to an end. He got what he came for.

Violet_0

Banned
so is LF going to kill the kid or is he actually going to teach him? The boy doesn't seem all that sad about his mother's death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom