• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Wonder why he gave up basketball to compete in strongman stuff. With a frame like his he would just have defenders bouncing off him while he dunked it like a young Shaq. Even if he isn't the most coordinated guy he could probably still make an NBA roster. I don't know much about stronman comps but I doubt they make money like even an average NBA player does.

Loakum

Banned
That scene with Cersei smiling after Oberyn got killed, made me blush. I love me some Cersei! ^_^

3eFVrmQ.gif

NoTacos

Oberyn's older brother. Originally it was supposed to be Doran who was going to attend Joffery's wedding, instead Oberyn took his place. Its briefly mentioned in the first episode as Oberyn has a chat with Tyrion.
Here's hoping Doran is an even bigger badass than Oberyn

MG310

Wonder why he gave up basketball to compete in strongman stuff. With a frame like his he would just have defenders bouncing off him while he dunked it like a young Shaq. Even if he isn't the most coordinated guy he could probably still make an NBA roster. I don't know much about stronman comps but I doubt they make money like even an average NBA player does.

I believe it was an ankle injury that stopped him from playing basketball.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The red wedding obviously had a lot more overall impact to the story, but on a individual level I think Oberyn's death takes the cake. Just the way the camera is zoomed in on every single detail, urgh.

Yeah, I had to look away for a moment, haha. The delightful aftermath shot I was expecting, though.

Dennis

Banned
I hope the casting of Gwendoline Christie for the new Star Wars movie doesn't indicate we may soon have to say goodbye to Brienne. My man Jaime would be crushed.

Raiden

Banned
I hope the casting of Gwendoline Christie for the new Star Wars movie doesn't indicate we may soon have to say goodbye to Brienne. My man Jaime would be crushed.

I would not worry about that in the least. You should check out some more famous actors their IMDB. They literally do 8 or more projects in a year. Actuall shooting does not take that long either.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just watched the episode, what the fuck, man, what the fuck

That fight scene was great, Kilik Oberyn fought like a boss... :(

Blader

Damn, Pedro is one good looking man.

Sorry if this is long, but it's just been bugging me.
tldr: why does Bolton ignore the wildling party raiding towns south of the wall?

Do we have any idea that Bolton is even aware of the wildllings coming down?

Holy fucking shit.... That was brutal. I had a feeling it was going to be, but rather with Oberyn dishing out the pain.

I guess I should've expected it really, GRRM seems intent on killing off everyone we love until we're just left with Stannis and Shaggy Dog standing against the zombie horde.

Ferrio

Banned
Jesus man. If one of the main actors dies in real life should we keep that news out of here too? Its just a job in the end, and i seriously doubt the writers are going to let a key character die or live because they have other obligations.

They've already shown that they're willing to just up and replace people with another body.

arab

i think it's funny how the stark daughters are both being mentored in different vices (sansa on the art of deception by littlefinger and arya on the art of murder by the hound)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Star Wars can be worked around if need be. It should wrap in August and filming on the past couple of seasons of GoT kicked off in July, so there shouldn't be a lot of time that'll have to be reshuffled if Christie needs to stick around for the whole period.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
i think it's funny how the stark daughters are both being mentored in different vices (sansa on the art of deception by littlefinger and arya on the art of murder by the hound)

The hound isn't really an assassin but yeah the path the girl is in is definitely that of one.

Good lord, I still can't believe what just happened. Holy mother of fuck.

Tell me about it bro, it's batshit

overcast

Start of the episode wasn't great. Grey Worm part was awful (aside from the gorgeous display of the female body), and the first scene with the baby/raiding was boring.

Luckily Sansa and Arya came through with great scenes, and the fight was fun. If not fucking terrible to see end. Goddamn.

I think the Beetle talk may have just reflected Tyrion's opinion on the ceaseless fighting/power struggle, he can't understand it and the whole thing seems pointless.

Raiden

Banned
They've already shown that they're willing to just up and replace people with another body.

Well yeah, but they didnt kill anybody because they had to be replaced. Its a bit silly but what else are you gonna do?

Also pretty sure main characters have contracts they have to respect. Not that Brienne is much of a main character (who is anyway?) but i dont think she can back out of it that easily.

Philippo

this is so depressing. why cant the good guys catch a break in this show ?

Because he was an arrogant who couldn't control his emotions neither paying attention to the battlefield (so much for being an expert warrior) in a deadly duel.

I'm sorry for the guy too, but you can't say he didn't called it on himself.

You know, the kind of brutal death Oberyn got is the kind of death Joffrey deserved. Not some poison in a cup of wine.

If Cersei and Tywin ever dies, they'll probably only get a sword or dagger or arrow through the chest at best, knowing how good Lannisters have it in the death department.

i seek comfort by telling myself, that despite the sheer brutality of oberyn's demise, geoffrey's was worse, because oberyn was in complete agony for about 20 seconds, where as joffrey probably helplessly choked for a good 1 or 2 minutes.

and i just hope oberyn poisoned that spear, at least maybe he still avenged his sister.

i swear to god if the opening scene of next episode is the mountain just shaking the wounds off and on his merry way i'm going to throw the remote at the tv.

So everyone was grossed out by the ending, but I found this part to be more disgusting.

NSFW just in case. Gore, no nudity.

It is disturbing, however it looks more like a weird CGI shot when we're not actually there to see it happening. It feels a lot more like a gross halloween proper than an actual person getting brutally killed.

So I guess Tyrion is fucked ? :(

Did the Mountain give his last ounce of strength to mega splat that guys head in and died, or is he still kicking it ? Fucker was staked ffs.

Sansa cock teasing the shit out of little finger, i'm sure there was nothing little about him after seeing her getup hur hur hur.

nib95

Banned
Damn man, I wish Oberyn had just stabbed him in the face instead of wanting to get that confession out of him. Aside from the end where he messed up, it seemed like he had The Mountain handled quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom