• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that's saying Oberyns death was insignificant is likely false.
Gregor now confessed and I'm sure Dorne will be pretty fucking pissed regardless of if the Mountain survives or not (I doubt it, though, he seemed pretty dead, especially if that spear was poisonous. Was it? I'm not sure if it was or not).

Dennis

Banned
hWw5Spk.jpg

It just breaks my heart that Oberyn had that fight. He had it!
It was damn near flawless, too. Obviously anything other than near perfection against The Mountain likely results in a painful death.

He got caught monologuing. :(

What's more amazing is that was the second eye-gouging death I happened to see during the weekend (the first was in that Zoe Bell movie RAZE :p)

Curufinwe

Gregor now confessed and I'm sure Dorne will be pretty fucking pissed regardless of if the Mountain survives or not (I doubt it, though, he seemed pretty dead, especially if that spear was poisonous. Was it? I'm not sure if it was or not).

Oberyn left behind an upset lady friend, and eight daughters back in Dorne. I think they'll be kind of mad. And they have Cersei's daughter.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'll be pissed if Mountain somehow survives these wounds yet Drogo dies from a minor scratch. thats not even accounting for the high liklihood of poison.

I'll be pissed if Mountain somehow survives these wounds yet Drogo dies from a minor scratch. thats not even accounting for the high liklihood of poison.

Imagine how angry we will all be if/when the hound dies from that bite? They have been bringing it up too much for my liking leading many to believe this will lead to the sad end for him.

Oberyn left behind an upset lady friend, and eight daughters back in Dorne. I think they'll be kind of mad. And they have Cersei's daughter.

Yeah, I definitely feel cercei's daughter will be used in some fashion against her. I know Oberyn said that's not the way they rolled, but I think the result of the fight coupled with Mountain's confirmation (did he confirm under order from Tywin?) might provide the proper motive.

I'm wondering when Stannis will move. I fear for his daughter.

Was when Ramsey sent Theon into Moat Cailin to offer the Ironborn terms of surrender and then killed and flayed them anyway.

The Ironborn, for all of this "pay the iron price" and "what is dead may never die" shit sure seem quick to surrender.

Didn't the group of Ironborn Theon was originally with ultimately surrender to Ramsey Snow after being surrounded- which, in turn, were also killed/flayed? I could be wrong, but I recall someone (possibly Ramsey himself) saying that's what happened.
Now the Moat Cailin Ironborn suffered a similar fate.

KarmaCow

Imagine how angry we will all be if/when the hound dies from that bite? They have been bringing it up too much for my liking leading many to believe this will lead to the sad end for him.

I can see the wound end up going real bad and the Hound asks Arya to put him out his misery. It would be a fitting end to their relationship.

Philippo

Yeah, I definitely feel cercei's daughter will be used in some fashion against her. I know Oberyn said that's not the way they rolled, but I think the result of the fight coupled with Mountain's confirmation (did he confirm under order from Tywin?) might provide the proper motive.

Not only the Mountain didn't confess Tywin involvement, but also he volunteered for the fight, so it's not like there's much Dorne can do.

Well he called it, by not burning the scar only for fear of flames.
Just exactly like Oberyn.

Talents

Banned
If Oberyn really wanted an answer from him, he should have at least cut off the mountains arms so he couldn't retaliate anymore, he wouldn't have died instantly and he would stay alive long enough so that questions could be asked. That's what I would have done if I was in that situation.

The Ironborn, for all of this "pay the iron price" and "what is dead may never die" shit sure seem quick to surrender.

Didn't the group of Ironborn Theon was originally with ultimately surrender to Ramsey Snow after being surrounded- which, in turn, were also killed/flayed? I could be wrong, but I recall someone (possibly Ramsey himself) saying that's what happened.
Now the Moat Cailin Ironborn suffered a similar fate.

I always assumed they knocked out Theon and traded him in exchange for their lives but considering how messed up Ramsey is it wouldn't surprise me if he killed them too. I'm not sure if they ever made that clear or not.

demolitio

That's what I've been trying to say. The Mountain is a dead man either way because Tywin won't be happy with him basically empowering Dorne.

The first good "usurper" to come in will probably be supported by Dorne if it's winnable and based on the history of Dorne, they're not ones to bend the knee easily.

Oberyn dying and The Mountain confessing basically adds another plotline to the story. I was expecting Oberyn to die since his actor was always just a guest star though. :D

Can't remember this shot. Was that in the latest episode? Must have looked away.

Yup. When Theon helped Ramsey take that place, where ever they were.

Don't even go there, won't happen, can't happen. FFS it's going to happen isn't it?

Don't even go there, won't happen, can't happen. FFS it's going to happen isn't it?

Yeah. They are hinting at it pretty blatantly I think.

Arya: You should have let me burn it.
Hound: It's a fleabite.
Arya: That fleabite has you walking a lot slower than you used to.
Hound: Well, we won't have to walk too much further.

=(

mr2xxx

Banned
Whatever happened to that guy who was somewhat immortal, or Am I thinking of the wrong show. No wait he was on this show because he followed the same god as the red head.

I love this show but fuck this show. Goodbye Hound.

Philippo

I wonder if there's gonna be any repercussion for The Mountain pretty much confessing to murdering and raping Oberyn's sister

As he never flat out confessed Tywin involvement, if there'll ever be any repercussions they'll fall only on his head. And considering he's almost dead (and most surely poisoned), i guess Dorne won't ever even get to lay a finger on him.

Guys, I still can't get over his death, his image is burned in my brain.

Mine too, it's probably te most grotesque scene in the whole series.

ASIS

Whatever happened to that guy who was somewhat immortal, or Am I thinking of the wrong show. No wait he was on this show because he followed the same god as the red head.
They were still going after the mountain no? That was their whole mission from the start. But yeah they've been quiet since arya left.

GloveSlap

I can see the wound end up going real bad and the Hound asks Arya to put him out his misery. It would be a fitting end to their relationship.

It would definitely fit the pattern of Arya learning from different teachers that she then loses. Not to mention the whole stabbing in the heart scene from a couple episodes back. I have a feeling its going to happen even though I hope it doesn't. The Hound is the best character on the show.

I was hoping for a happier ending for them. Maybe a scene with them camping out in the future. Arya would say her kill list before going to sleep ,but not say the Hounds name anymore, prompting a little half smile from The Hound. Yeah, that is way to pleasant to actually happen in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom