• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be cool if they led her to where the Mountain was bedridden and let her do what she wanted with him. >_<

Knowing this show, Gregor will rise up with his last ounce of ridiculous Herculean strength and wring poor Ellaria out like a wet towel while yelling "Your mother sucks cocks in all 7 hells!!!" as she screams in agony.

; ~ ;

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Sansa was amazing this episode. She stepped up and started to take her place as the heir to Winterfell or at the very least a player in the game of thrones.
The fight was well done, but the reactions from the crowd were better. The unsettling of Cersei and Tywin, the smirk of Jaime as The Viper was winning, the reaction from Tyrion and Ellaria as he didn't. Amazing.

A small, dark, highlight was Ramsay's ascension into the Bolton-family, finally receiving the recognition he was craving. Iwan Rheon did a great job as the oddball in Misfits, but he took his performance to a whole new level in GoT. Also, Theon Greyjoy acting like Theon and reverting back to Reek as soon as the pressure comes on was well done by Alfie Allen.

Missandei's a gorgeous woman and I can understand how Grey Worm was mesmerized by dem boobies. What could not understand is how Dany claims how sex and genitals are normal parts of the human body and are nothing to be ashamed of, but has issues calling a penis a penis. Instead, she refers to it in metaphors.
Speaking of Dany, this was not Emilia's best episode. There was some serious overacting and attempts to come across as a badass, when she's really not. It gives me little hope for the Terminator Genesis movie.

Knowing this show, Gregor will rise up with his last ounce of ridiculous Herculean strength and wring poor Ellaria out like a wet towel while yelling "Your mother sucks cocks in all 7 hells!!!" as she screams in agony.

; ~ ;

He would impale her where he lay.

Just finished the most recent episode, what a fucking brutal death for that guy. My mouth was just hanging open the whole time, I mean jeez.

I hope Ellaria goes back Dorne, rounds up The Martell family, and they all come back and unleash holy hellfire on Tywin, Cersei and The Mountain.

Carbonox

The AV Club's review referencing Maleficent when Sansa walks down those steps all dolled up like some dark queen was so just. I want Sansa to go full on emperor palpatine mcusetheforceluke and smite the non-believers. About time she turns the table on someone at least once. She has a good foundation to work with a very resourceful backer.

Regarding the outcome of Tyrion, a part of me thinks he or Jamie or someone else will pull out some technicality card in that The Mountain should survive for the win to count if The Mountain does end up dying (he must be dead right?). Though I doubt that sort of thing hasn't happened in the past where both fighters die in a trial by combat scenario.

Joe T.

Speaking of Dany, this was not Emilia's best episode. There was some serious overacting and attempts to come across as a badass, when she's really not. It gives me little hope for the Terminator Genesis movie.

Felt exactly the same way. I tried to drown out the criticism from all those against her being cast in the role over the years as I found her to be adequate, but I now find myself agreeing with her detractors.

Sarquiss_

Just finished watching the latest episode and HOLY @#$@$. I know never to get my hopes up with this show but I always do and I always go through an emotional rollercoaster.

I knew that things were going too smoothly.....GODDAMMIT!!! Seriously, when will someone finally get one over that Lanisters.

Just finished watching the latest episode and HOLY @#$@$. I know never to get my hopes up with this show but I always do and I always go through an emotional rollercoaster.

I knew that things were going too smoothly.....GODDAMMIT!!! Seriously, when will someone finally get one over that Lanisters.
*cue Sansa*'

Though, the Lannisters did lose Joffrey this season. They haven't been completely unscathed. (And Jamie seems all but lost to Cersei and Tywin.)

Sarquiss_

*cue Sansa*'

Though, the Lannisters did lose Joffrey this season. They haven't been completely unscathed. (And Jamie seems all but lost to Cersei and Tywin.)

I really want Sansa and Arya to join up and reek havoc on the Lanisters, the Greyjoys (See what I did there :p ) and everyone else who has betrayed the Starks.

Does anyone know what books Season 1 -4 of the show cover? I would like to read them to see how different the show is - but don't want to pass the TV Show as I enjoy watching it too much.

Liamario

Banned
XmsYfcA.gif

Nuckinya

Neo Member
Episode will probably open with Tyrion getting beheaded and Martin having a cameo pointing at the screen laughing.

Honestly though, I can't really see where his storyline would go after getting off the hook. He already declared that he wants everyone in Kings Landing dead, and he has been betrayed by everyone who ever remotely was on his side. Also, he spend like the last five hundred episodes in his cell having good bye monologues to everyone he ever met.

I reckon he'll survive. My theory is that Jamie (or someone else) will help Tyrion escape and he will go far away to like Dorne or something and maybe he will help the Martell family plot an uprising as revenge? That's something I'd like to see actually.

Most-Shocking-Moments-Game-Thrones.gif

Posted?

My reaction was closer to Tyrions/Jamie tho.. Everything happened so fast I was just left speechless while staring at the tv. I was cursing when the credits started to roll.

The funny thing is... Alice Eve did pretty much the same reaction when Khan did the same exact thing to Admiral Marcus's head.

Liamario

Banned
The funny thing is... Alice Eve did pretty much the same reaction when Khan did the same exact thing to Admiral Marcus's head.

OH yeah! That's quite true. I can actually remember it now. Well, I suppose the director will make some decisions on how they want the actors to react, on occasion.

Would it be safe to assume The Mountain is dead as well?

Very safe.

So did they imply that Arya is going to reunite with Sansa now? Or did they not tell her so she just turns around and goes on another journey with the hound. I'm asking that because with the whole Bran/Jon Snow thing... I figure Sansa, and Arya are just never going to see each other until like book 7.

Mario007

Felt exactly the same way. I tried to drown out the criticism from all those against her being cast in the role over the years as I found her to be adequate, but I now find myself agreeing with her detractors.

I've been fairly critical of Clarke's acting but today she really really stood out as probably the worst actress on the show. It really does reflect Dany as a character well though. Dany is pretty awful but has a great ensemble of people around her to guide her. Kinda similar to Clarke with having other great actors to carry her scenes.

What's funny is that this is what the director had to say about Clarke this episode:

"The moment I was most worried about in that hour was Dany and Jorah. I knew about that moment since I started the show. When you get into a scene with Emilia Clarke and Iain Glen, you get twice as worried that you make it in a way that they will be happy [with], because you just fall in love with them. I was stressed out, wanting to take it to a level of tension that was unusual, and hopefully we got it there."

demolitio

I reckon he'll survive. My theory is that Jamie (or someone else) will help Tyrion escape and he will go far away to like Dorne or something and maybe he will help the Martell family plot an uprising as revenge? That's something I'd like to see actually.

That's what I've been thinking (the first part at least). I think Jaime's arc has been leading to this as he finally breaks away from his father's chains and helps the brother he loves instead of watching him die for something he didn't do. It seems to be building up to that but I don't know where Tyrion would go.

I keep saying I'm expecting Tywin to die this season but I can't see Jaime doing that as much as I'd like him to or maybe Stannis invades although I think it's too early for that. They need to have their own stories instead of living under Tywin's control and it would also accelerate their storylines within the show quite a bit and finally see the downfall of Cersei most likely. I just want it to happen this season since it's inevitable and would be a good boost after losing so many good guys and it'd make the Lannister children far more interesting.

Either way, I don't see Tyrion dying as his arc is nowhere near complete and his death wouldn't really serve a purpose to the greater plot in my opinion.

Edit: Tyrion could always go to Castle Black if need-be too, right?

ASIS

Most-Shocking-Moments-Game-Thrones.gif

Posted?

My reaction was closer to Tyrions/Jamie tho.. Everything happened so fast I was just left speechless while staring at the tv. I was cursing when the credits started to roll.

It was at that moment I realized she is gorgeous! I know it was a weird time, but anyone who can scream like that and still look hot is gorgeous in my book.

At that point in the movie I had enough of JJ Abram's shit and just rolled my eyes, but yeah I did forget that movie had a skull crush and the same reaction as well.

I did an Arya laugh at Spock's hilarious KHAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! though

Is it know how quickly after a trial by combat, the loser gets executed ? If its straight after i see no way out of this for our pal Tyrion. If he gets slapped back in the slammer for a few days, maybe that bold Councillor dude will pull off a Little Finger and get him out of King's Landing.

Or I'm being delusional :/

Edit - Also the whole fight was just brilliant, watching Oberyn whip out those moves was pure class and looked great on screen, really impressive stuff and actually made it seem he was genuinely an ass kicker.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hopefully Dany dies a quick and uneventful death so someone less fucking moronic and emotionally impulsive can sit the throne. I feel sorry for Jorah and Barristan even attempting to mentor her.

Hopefully Dany dies a quick and uneventful death so someone less fucking moronic and emotionally impulsive can sit the throne. I feel sorry for Jorah and Barristan even attempting to mentor her.

I just want her storyline to move along already. Everything in the east has been a waste of screen time since she got the unsullied and started conquering.

Killing her quickly would open time for other stuff though :p
Seriously there's way too much going on now, Joffrey died in episode 2 and we're only now in episode 9 going to have the trial seemingly over. That's practically the whole season.

Siegcram

Only thing that would make me give a shit about anything in Essos would be the HQ of the Faceless Men in Braavos.

Bring back Jaqen H'ghar.

seb_n

Watched it last night, seriously brutal at the end, probably the most graphic so far. Its a shame as i liked the character and hoped they would develop them more. No idea what's going to happen now.

Liamario

Banned
Watched it last night, seriously brutal at the end, probably the most graphic so far. Its a shame as i liked the character and hoped they would develop them more. No idea what's going to happen now.

I anticipated both of them dying. I thought Mediterranean Liam Neeson would die afterwards from his wounds, not before asking Boliver Trask to complete his mission of vengeance.

Carbonox

I used to like Dany because of the potential of her particular story but it's so fucking dull now that I'm losing interest fast. I was only really rooting for her because I wanted to see dragons wreck shit but even that's unlikely at this rate.

Seriously running out of people to root for very fast. Likeable characters get killed or curbstomped in to uselessness.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
It's exactly the sort of dick move Tywin would pull. He neuters the biggest threat to his rule without having to do much of anything. He got Dany to fuck herself up the ass.

well, the letter had the Hands sigil on it, plus there was the Scene in a Prior Episode where the small council (with oberyn on it) is sitting together and tywinn asks tyrell to fetch him quill and paper right after they discussed Dany and Jorah.
So I think ist safe to say.

I'm currently overseas for the next two months, backpacking through Brazil, and won't be able to watch the episode so decided to come in here to find out what happened.
I understand Oberon died, but how?
Anything else important?

Alpende

I'm currently overseas for the next two months, backpacking through Brazil, and won't be able to watch the episode so decided to come in here to find out what happened.
Anything else important?

Mountain crushed his skull with his bare hands, which means Tyrion is sentenced to death. Jorah is banned by Dany from mentoring her and he left the city to go back to Westeros because he betrayed Dany, he gave info to Varys. Ramsay Snow is now Ramsay Bolton. Sansa is now working together with Littlefinger.

That's about it in a tiny nutshell.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anything else important?

Oberyn kicked The Mountain's arse by playing a lot of Dark Souls and learning how to use invincibility frames of flips/rolls to avoid the latter's slow, telegraphed attacks. Stuck him with a spear a few times and had him down for the count. Then got all "I have to use my taunt before checking if he's actually dead" and The Mountain took advantage of his ego overruling sensible, tactical fighting, took out his feet, grabbed his head while lunging over him, and said "YES I RAPED YOUR SISTER THEN I CRUSHED HER HEAD LIKE THIS" and made a Oberyn brain milkshake.

Sansa defended Littlefinger by dropping truth bombs mixed with lies to sell the idea that her aunt had committed suicide, and now seems to have turned into a Sith Apprentice in cahoots with Littlefinger.

Grey Worm saw Milisawhateverthefuckhernameis' boobs and apologised but she dug it cos he's a total babe.

Dany found out Jorah betrayed her all those years ago and threw a tantrum, ignoring all the work he's done for her since, and threw him out on his arse. Jorah confessed his love so he's heartbroken but at least he doesn't have to deal with her shit any more.

Theon now Reek pretending to be Theon managed to take some Ironborn settlement at the request of Ramsey with the promise of letting them go free. And in a predictable Bolton twist they all got flayed for fun. Ramsey is now officially a Bolton because daddy is proud.

The wildlings killed a bunch of people because they're dumb fucks but let the chick from Skins and her baby go because empathy.

John and everyone else at the wall are shitting themselves.

Tyrion and Jamie bonded over bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom