• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

I'm reading the reactions (in this thread) to the ending right now and it's really funny. Why do the cool, interesting and fun characters must all dies? Can't wait for the Lanister to start bitting the dust. If that ever happens...

And this week will kick it off with Tyrion.

Nameless

Jon, Ghost, Edd, and Grenn. I need these people to survive Mance's attack on The Wall.

Not a huge Sam fan, but his death would be tough to watch. Hopefully his balls drop and he atleast gets a kill or two. I don't see it though, he's either going to hide with Maester Aemon and that little boy, or he's going to throw down his weapon at the first sight of danger and cry until he's killed.

The Ramsay fan in me would love to see the Thenns catch him, and realize every dream they ever had. They'd probably burst into song... or annihilate each other over the choice cuts.

Flo_Evans

Man.

I was out of town... I was trying to wait till I got back today to watch it but I was fearing spoilers so I used the HBO go app on my phone.

I was going to watch it again at home cause that is a kind if shitty way to watch anything but IDK if I can watch the end again in full 50" 1080p...

Tyrion is fucked. Even if he does manage to escape where is he going to go? Try and get his wife back from littlefinger? Join stannis? I'm sure the red witch would love a convenient pint sized royal blood bank. Dany would feed him to dragons. Boltons? I can't even imagine what they would do to him. I guess he could hide in Bronn's new castle but that seems like the 1st place they would look.

It just doesn't seem like anyone cares or he is valuable enough to anyone to save. At least we will get one more scene of him crushing some beetles on his way to the chopping block.

Hope Jorah gets back in the mix doing stuff.

Hope Brienne runs into the Hound at the Vale.

Ready to have my hopes crushed next episode.

kingkitty

People are dropping some unmarked, early Season 2 Game of Thrones spoilers in the Thacker meltdown thread.

Nothing is safe.

I feel bad for the procrastinators who haven't gotten around to reading the books or watching the show yet.

Cyan

Banned
People are dropping some unmarked, early Season 2 Game of Thrones spoilers in the Thacker meltdown thread.

Nothing is safe.

I feel bad for the procrastinators who haven't gotten around to reading the books or watching the show yet.

I freaked out a little when Viserys' death was mentioned... I'd totally confused him with Varys and thought it was a spoiler from the books. Derp.

At least I wasn't alone in that error!

Not sure if posted yet

10342431_10152781534760166_8794041758696025028_n.jpg

Amazing.

Svafnir

Generally episode 9 is insane, I am hoping this trend continues. I just have no idea what they are going to do to surprise us. I just want some cool moment with the dragons or some mind blowing stuff on the white walkers.

jet1911

Not sure if posted yet

10342431_10152781534760166_8794041758696025028_n.jpg

Amazing.

Swag rating of 14/10 LOL

Generally episode 9 is insane, I am hoping this trend continues. I just have no idea what they are going to do to surprise us. I just want some cool moment with the dragons or some mind blowing stuff on the white walkers.

You know at this point I just want the White Walker to overrun this fucking land and kill everybody.

Seriously, what happened to the fucking poison.

I'm so freakin mad fuck you Oberyn you had ONE JOB

I also felt really sad at watching the Boltons march towards Winterfell :(

I understand almost no character has plot armor.

But there is a point where going anti-trope is just as bad as going with the tropes.

It was painfully obvious what was going to happen to Oberyn when he started to flaunt and failed to finish his opponent off.

But, at least they have him justification for doing something so stupid, blinded by revenge and need for confession. Maybe next time you don't stand next to the fucking largest man in all of Westeros while you do it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Daenerys. Stone cold.

And FUCK EVERYTHING about Prince Oberyn dying. The coolest character, with the best fighting moves. FUCK

kubus

At this point I'm just terrified that Tyrion will die too just to fuck with us. If he does, I'm officially done with this show.

I'll be back. I keep coming back. DAMNIT.

RytGear

I don't know if in the books we were made to like Oberyn as much as we did but I get the feeling that his death will only be a minor loss compared to whatever shit they try to pull next episode, I can't think what they could do that would make me have the same reaction as the Red Wedding though.

I also really hope that Jorah goes and does his own shit, he may have originally intended to betray Dany but after the redemption of the wine merchant he had done so much for her and truly loved her only to have it thrown back in his face, I feel like he had fully redeemed himself at that point and I want him to move away from Dany but still watch over her in a way, he was my favourite character so Im glad that at least his life was spared.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
How anyone can like Roose "The Lannisters Send Their Regards" Bolton is beyond me.

Look at all these Ramsay supporters suddenly getting confidence and coming out of the woodwork!
Actually I'm quite happy it's happening. I'm collecting all their posts and then sending them to HBO with the header, "you know what you must do"
Hey I have sympathy for Robert too. After all the woman he started a war for and couldn't get over presumably betrayed him by running off with Rhaegar. That just makes him an ever sadder sack. Plus he killed by a pig. Brutal.

I don't think they'll hurt Myrcella. They'd essentially be declaring war on the Crown. While Tommen/Tywin could rally the entire all the kingdoms against them, the Riverlands and the Reach would probably be enough.

Aegon and his dragons weren't able to conquer Dorne. I very much doubt a bunch of dudes on horseback and on foot would be able to do it either. Then again, Dorne doesn't seem the type to kill innocent kids anyways, so it's a moot point.

About Cersei, yeah I do want some sort of payback levelled against her. But you're right, she's a product of he environment. Had Robert shown her the love and commitment she deserved, I don't think we'd have the character we have today. Can't fault a person for trying to look out for her kids. She's just better at it than that laughable idiot Catelyn Stark. Who let's the one playing chip they have go, in the hopes that the enemy is noble enough to honour a promise? Yo, your husband is dead because he too believed these guys keep their words.

Khaz

So is this new episode going to be "Blackwater" at the Wall?
Notjing else in the preview.

My prediction:
Castle Black will be razed with only a few people escaping and going north again to find legendary weapons. Samuel because he knows, John Snu because the party needs someone charismatic to push them forward, and the kid because he's a kid.
They're all going to die, aren't they? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom