• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siegcram

Some context on what you have under that spoiler might be nice....
I havent checked myself but you should state what its in regards to.
The promo for 4x9 shows nothing but the battle at Castle Black, just like the entire episode "Blackwater" was dedicated to the eponymic fight.
So I'm wondering if the upcoming episode might be similar, in that we stay just at Castle Black and don't get any other development (which would be kind of a bummer considering how the last episode ended).

Carbonox

Not sure if posted yet

10342431_10152781534760166_8794041758696025028_n.jpg

Amazing.

This is hilarious. :lol at the pedo line about Sansa.

Damn Daenerys. Stone cold.

And FUCK EVERYTHING about Prince Oberyn dying. The coolest character, with the best fighting moves. FUCK

Seriously, all the characters with the best fighting styles get killed off and we're left with dull as fuck generic swordfighting. Give me Khal, Oberyn and even whatshisface who taught Arya over everyone else.

Metal B

I also really hope that Jorah goes and does his own shit, he may have originally intended to betray Dany but after the redemption of the wine merchant he had done so much for her and truly loved her only to have it thrown back in his face, I feel like he had fully redeemed himself at that point and I want him to move away from Dany but still watch over her in a way, he was my favourite character so Im glad that at least his life was spared.
I hope, this was just a big act for some kind of master plan, they plotting. Especially since the filmmakers don't seen to make a big deal out of it. It looked like a side-note, what actually should be a shocking revaluation with a lot of emotional consequences.
If not then Daenery has really fallen in my personal popularity for this session. Before trowing out Jorah her story was just boring. Now falling for this obvious manipulation, her undiplomatic dealing with the masters and the consequences of her growing dragons and freed slaves, makes her unsympathetic, stupid and arrogant. It's time for her lucky streak to find an end.

Vagabundo

I also really hope that Jorah goes and does his own shit, he may have originally intended to betray Dany but after the redemption of the wine merchant he had done so much for her and truly loved her only to have it thrown back in his face, I feel like he had fully redeemed himself at that point and I want him to move away from Dany but still watch over her in a way, he was my favourite character so Im glad that at least his life was spared.

If he loved her he would have told her the truth. He was living in denial if he thought that it would never come out. Jorah is out for Jorah, always was a shit and always will be. He's a "nice" guy.

Dany paid him back in full by allowing him to keep his head on his shoulders. Any other traitor would have been executed.

I'm glad his sad moony face is gone from Dany's court. Hopefully he'll find something interesting to do now that he doesn't have to moon over a teenager anymore. Other than the moon face I quite like his character.

The promo for 4x9 shows nothing but the battle at Castle Black, just like the entire episode "Blackwater" was dedicated to the eponymic fight.
So I'm wondering if the upcoming episode might be similar, in that we stay just at Castle Black and don't get any other development (which would be kind of a bummer considering how the last episode ended).

LOL, i actually mean you need to give some context OUT of the spoiler box so people know what your talking about under there, not give better contact within the spoiler ;)

kubus

LOL, i actually mean you need to give some context OUT of the spoiler box so people know what your talking about under there, not give better contact within the spoiler ;)
I sacrificed myself for you and quickly clicked the spoiler and it looks like it's speculation about the preview for the next episode :p

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
If he loved her he would have told her the truth. He was living in denial if he thought that it would never come out. Jorah is out for Jorah, always was a shit and always will be. He's a "nice" guy.

Dany paid him back in full by allowing him to keep his head on his shoulders. Any other traitor would have been executed.

I'm glad his sad moony face is gone from Dany's court. Hopefully he'll find something interesting to do now that he doesn't have to moon over a teenager anymore. Other than the moon face I quite like his character.

My sentiments exactly. He's lucky Grey Worm and Ser Barristan didn't kabob his ass on principle. Yes Jorah has done a lot for Danny, and yes he changed his mind about betraying her; but only we the viewers know that. Jorah had ample enough time to fess up and come clean on his terms. He's lucky Dany didn't do more than exile him. In the courts of almost all the other rulers, his head would be mounted on a pike. Even if Dany had simply forgave him (which is so outside of a normal human reaction to the discovery of betrayal), do you think the other members of her Queen's Guard would let him ever be in her company alone? Barristan straight up tells him, "you'll never be in her company alone again", and I could easily see any future counsel he gives shutdown with, "well he is the guy that betrayed you, are you seriously going to listen to him?" You know Daario especially would be milking that line for days.

Generally episode 9 is insane, I am hoping this trend continues. I just have no idea what they are going to do to surprise us. I just want some cool moment with the dragons or some mind blowing stuff on the white walkers.

Hmmm what could happen?

I don't think Tyrion will die, Jaime will help him escape and the two will go on the run.

Night watch will fight the wildlings or something, and it'll be more like s02e09 where it's just a big climax rather than a big shock... or maybe it will be something shocking and it'll come to Jon vs his gf and he can't bring himself to kill her and she kills him.

Or maybe night watch will fight the wildlings and then white walkers will pop up and fuck shit up.

Orrrrrr maybe it'll be Oberyn 2.0 and we'll think Tyrion has escaped then BAM he gets killed.

Whatever happens it's ep 9 and it's bound to be good :p

UrbanRats

Seriously, all the characters with the best fighting styles get killed off and we're left with dull as fuck generic swordfighting. Give me Khal, Oberyn and even whatshisface who taught Arya over everyone else.

"Your friend's dead, and Meryn Trant's not, 'cause Trant had armor. And a big fucking sword. "

RytGear

"Your friend's dead, and Meryn Trant's not, 'cause Trant had armor. And a big fucking sword. "

I personally think he survived, or at least hope, we never see his death and I think they would have shown it otherwise, please writers, bring that majestic as fuck afro back into my life.

Respect

I understand almost no character has plot armor.

But there is a point where going anti-trope is just as bad as going with the tropes.

It was painfully obvious what was going to happen to Oberyn when he started to flaunt and failed to finish his opponent off.

But, at least they have him justification for doing something so stupid, blinded by revenge and need for confession. Maybe next time you don't stand next to the fucking largest man in all of Westeros while you do it.

More I think about it honestly, Oberyn was in trouble no matter what (and I was just as devastated as anyone when was killed). His end game was getting the confession out of the Mountian and getting him to implicate Tywin, then what? I don't think he gets out of that situation alive either.

The most annoying part was how careless he was made out to be at the end. He knew he was going to win that fight, he wasn't just confident, he knew. I get he's an emotional guy, but that seems to be his MO even when he would fight, hell he said he always drinks before a fight. He's clearly fought much larger men than himself, he would know the only way he goes down is if he gets too close/careless.

I know I'm late to the party (Just caugh up last night), but thats my 2 cents...I can't get it out of my head right now either.

Flunkie

Banned
He giveth, he taketh away. Oberyn's death was the repercussion for allowing Sansa to become badass and not be a whiny little girl anymore.

#TeamLittlefinger

(not actual spoilers)
They both probably die in episode 9 or something now that I like them.

I wonder if Arya and Sansa are reunited this season?!

UrbanRats

I personally think he survived, or at least hope, we never see his death and I think they would have shown it otherwise, please writers, bring that majestic as fuck afro back into my life.

Maybe, but ya know, the Hound was making a larger point there.
Quit the theatrics and cut the fool in twice.

Oberyn paid the iron price, because of it.
Pragmatism will keep you alive, honor and other fluff will get you killed.

Carbonox

What are the chances that we'll see #DarkQueenSansa take back the north and then lead a charge to the south and smite the Lannisters.

pls pls

In all seriousness though, what is her role now at her aunt's place?

Is it just me or has the music in this season been seriously lackluster. There's hardly any music playing at all compared to the first couple seasons and when it is, for the most part it's just bland and forgettable.

Is Ramin Djawadi still composing for it? Outside from GoT I was never really a fan of his work (from what I heard). Everything seemed pretty mediocre, but he really really stepped up his game for GoT during the early seasons, now it just seems like the inspiration is gone.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

You're right, as I've stated before multiple times ITT.
They even hired director of "Blackwater" back just for episode 9. Also: "Blackwater" was his only contribution to the show so far.

Tyrion can't die in episode 9 if he doesn't even show up.

Also, Tyrion won't die.

I hope, this was just a big act for some kind of master plan, they plotting. Especially since the filmmakers don't seen to make a big deal out of it. It looked like a side-note, what actually should be a shocking revaluation with a lot of emotional consequences.
If not then Daenery has really fallen in my personal popularity for this session. Before trowing out Jorah her story was just boring. Now falling for this obvious manipulation, her undiplomatic dealing with the masters and the consequences of her growing dragons and freed slaves, makes her unsympathetic, stupid and arrogant. It's time for her lucky streak to find an end.

That would make alot more sense to me/ make me feel better. They really did treat him leaving as some 'eh that wasn't fun but whatever' moment for Dany and co, even though Jorah was her closest friend. There wasn't even disgust in her facial expressions, though maybe that is due to her acting, I'm meh on that.

He looked like he was on a mission when he set off, so here's hoping this was all a ploy to allow Jorah to leave and do something on his own in secret.

It's a stretch, but I'm rootin for it.

Braag

I like this. I'm just going to imagine that the whole thing was a showmanship competition and this is how it ended.

After the duel, Thoros of Myr came and resurrected him and reconstructed his face like in Elysim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1sL_2nhV0c
After that Oberyn went back to Dorne and hasn't been in contact with his family since. He just went straight to the brothel and has been staying there for ages so everyone presumes he's dead. Some people say they saw him alive somewhere but others believe he's dead. He becomes like the Tupac of Westeros.
That's what really happened. Nothing will change that in my mind.

When Ayla's running away she hears metallic sword clatter to the ground, signifying the probable end of the battle. Syrio didn't have a metal weapon.

number11

This episode has made two of my favourite scenes this season completely pointless...

The 'I'll be your champion' scene, and Tyrion's 'trial by combat' speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom