• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

A confession that Tywin ordered The Mountain to rape and kill Oberyn's sister would've also been pretty effective at bringing Dorne onto the stage, I imagine. :p

That's why I think if The Mountain did indeed survive, Tywin will have him punished or killed for airing those secrets.

That's assuming he did survive the ass-whooping he took before he dished out the head-crushing. :p

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
7aEqYzb.png

Bahaha nooooo

But not Cercei's wrath.
And Tywin doesn't really care if Tyrion really did it or not, he just wants to get rid of him, so he'll probably pretend not to have heard her.

My theory was that Olenna Tyrell would only agree to the marriage (and financial salvation of the Lanisters) if Tyrion were allowed to live. I havent seen any evidence that Olenna cares enough about Tyrion to do this, but she seems like a nice lady so who knows? :)

None of those seem likely at all. Especially #3.

Yeah, they are the theories of a desperate man.

I dunno. Look at Jaime's reaction at the end of the last ep. He'll make a move, I bet.

Maybe Jamie and Bronn could work together to save Tyrion? They seemed to have established some kind of rapport and level of trust, during Jamies combat training classes.

Yeah I think it's clear Tyrion and Jamie are up to something. Not sure what. Maybe Kingslayer will kill his dad too.

Bronn is probably involved too. Maybe they sneak Tyrion out through the practice area since it's the most secretive of secret spots

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I think it's clear Tyrion and Jamie are up to something. Not sure what. Maybe Kingslayer will kill his dad too.

For me there's zero chance tyrion dies, he's like the best character GRRM wouldn't kill himsurely?! That said i don't see Jamie killing his father.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oberyn covering up his pubes.

demolitio

he's not alive.

because logic.

I didn't know we saw him die after he smashed Oberyn's head in despite his wounds.

But now I really hope you were wrong so I can get a good laugh out of assumptions in a show all about avoiding assumptions.

There's a good chance that he's dead, but there's a chance that he isn't and all I'm saying is that he's probably a dead man even if he did survive for threatening the Lannisters' legacy.

A part of my really want this death to be act as a rollercoaster for Tywin demise. But I guess some people just die, like in the real world, without accomplishing anything.

I finally watched last weekend's episode. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck. :(

I don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Don't worry I'm 6 days after watching the episode and I don't get gross out anymore. I just grab my mop and walk in my room in a circle yelling "You rape her! You murder Her!!! YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!!!!" and I imagine the story having a happy ending.

demolitio

Don't worry I'm 6 days after watching the episode and I don't get gross out anymore. I just grab my mop and walk in my room in a circle yelling "You rape her! You murder Her!!! YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!!!!" and I imagine the story having a happy ending.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

That's all I could think about during that fight.

I finished the episode like an hour ago and I'm still shaky. The whole time Oberyn was yelling at the mountain I was screaming inside just to finish him off.

Gila

I hope fucking hope Tyrion dies. I just want to see if GRRM has the guts to kill off a character he's been developing for so long. There are certain characters in my mind which I see as the main characters: Jon, Tyrion, Bran, Arya, Dany, Jaimie, P.Baelish, Sansa and Varys. It would really impress me on GRRM's part if he kills one or two of these characters before the end of this season, otherwise GOT is too predictable.

I'm with you man. I want him to keep blowing my mind (not Oberyn style) every season.

Throughout pretty much every show or movie I've seen, 95% of the time I've been attached to a character, thing or whatever and I'm satisfied of how it turns out. Then this series came along and showed you can do whatever the fuck you want to....and still be fucking awesome.

Thank you based GRRM

Loofy

lananana.jpg

http://cdn.cinemur.fr/posts/cache/lanana.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://cdn.cinemur.fr/posts/cache/got.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://cdn.cinemur.fr/posts/cache/lena.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://cdn.cinemur.fr/posts/cache/lena3.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://cdn.cinemur.fr/posts/cache/lena2.jpg[/IMG

Yep.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif[/img[/QUOTE]I wonder if the rest of the GoT cast is pissed that all their scenes are in antarctica.

jwk94

So I just started watching GOT last Sunday and finally caught up today. This show is so good. I do have a question though. A few months back, there was a show about some kids who get separated from their parents. Is this that show? I can't exactly remember.

Eventually bad things will happen to the Lannisters. I have found some respect for Jaime considering what he has been through and that his eyes got opened up by Brienne and the likes, but still.. He wounded Eddard Stark and will always be the backstabbing kingslayer so I will not really miss him if he would die. Tyrion, on the other hand.. Boy would that be a season finale. Something big is going to happen the upcoming 2 episodes. Judging by what happened in the whole of this season it'll probably be something huge. Something that trumps everything else. It can not go out like a candle.

Metal B

Eventually bad things will happen to the Lannisters. I have found some respect for Jaime considering what he has been through and that his eyes got opened up by Brienne and the likes, but still.. He wounded Eddard Stark and will always be the backstabbing kingslayer so I will not really miss him if he would die.
Didn't you pay attention? Jaime didn't wounded Eddard. It was one of his guards, who attacked him from behind without him ordering it. Jaime clearly wanted a fair sword fight and even punched the guard for interrupting. He also just didn't kill the Mad King to betray him and change sides. He killed him, because he gave Jaime the order to destroy the city and ever citizen with hidden caches of wildfire around the city. He took the blame and the name King's Slayer, even so he saved everyone. But you can still judge him for trying to kill Bran Stark and killing his cousin.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wait, when did Jamie explain that? That the mad king wanted the city destroyed?

Bath scene. Jamie's side of things is that he stood by the mad king right up until the end. When Tywin's army stood outside the Kings Landing gates requesting entry under the guise of loyalty Jamie, knowing his father, begged the king to keep the Lannister army out. Pycelle ("that grey sunken cunt") argued that Tywin was always a friend of the king and convinced him to open the gates, resulting in Tywin's army sacking the city. The mad king then ordered Jamie to bring him Tywin's head, and asked the pyromancer to set alight wildfire caches hidden in the paths under the city, the coverage enough to intentionally burn the entire city and everyone in it to ashes. The mad king wished this out of paranoia and the belief that he'd be reborn from the fire as a great dragon, if at the cost of literally every living person, friend or foe, in all of Kings Landing.

Jamie was caught at a moral crossroads: loyalty to his king, loyalty that he'd upheld even as his father stood at the gates, or betrayal in order to save the people of Kings Landing. He chose the latter path, knifed the pyromancer and murdered the king, then held the throne until someone else could claim it.

Ned was the first person to see him, and could have taken the throne himself. He denied it, and chose to judge Jamie as disloyal and a murderer with little interest in hearing his perspective.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Bath scene. Jamie's side of things is that he stood by the mad king right up until the end. When Tywin's army stood outside the Kings Landing gates requesting entry under the guise of loyalty Jamie, knowing his father, begged the king to keep the Lannister army out. Pycelle ("that grey sunken cunt") argued that Tywin was always a friend of the king and convinced him to open the gates, resulting in Tywin's army sacking the city. The mad king then ordered Jamie to bring him Tywin's head, and asked the pyromancer to set alight wildfire caches hidden in the paths under the city, the coverage enough to intentionally burn the entire city and everyone in it to ashes. The mad king wished this out of paranoia and the belief that he'd be reborn from the fire as a great dragon, if at the cost of literally every living person, friend or foe, in all of Kings Landing.

Jamie was caught at a moral crossroads: loyalty to his king, loyalty that he'd upheld even as his father stood at the gates, or betrayal in order to save the people of Kings Landing. He chose the latter path, knifed the pyromancer and murdered the king, then held the throne until someone else could claim it.

Ned was the first person to see him, and could have taken the throne himself. He denied it, and chose to judge Jamie as disloyal and a murderer with little interest in hearing his perspective.

This is part of the reason I've retroactively stopped really liking Ned. He was a, judgemental, uptight, dick. No questions asked, immediate judgement being made by him.

EatChildren

This is part of the reason I've retroactively stopped really liking Ned. He was a, judgemental, uptight, dick. No questions asked, immediate judgement being made by him.

Yep. I still love Ned, but this is an intentional flaw of his character that keeps him necessarily believable and human just like everybody else. Ned was very honourable and caring, and his moral compass is generally pointed towards compassion and avoiding the unnecessary. Despite being Robert's close friend he was disgusted by Robert's order, during the rebellion, to have every Targarian (sp?) child hunted and killed. He didn't see the reason behind such mindless, abhorrent slaughter in a war they were winning/had won, and this is echoed later on when he refuses to support Robert on Dany's assassination. He also loathes speaking of his relationship with whoever-she-was that resulted in Snow, due to the out-of-character behaviour it was for him and how much it hurt his wife. Yet he still loves John and considers him one of his own, as noted by their parting in season one. Ned is a really good family man.

But his allegiance to honour and tradition is so far up his own arse he struggles to see outside the box. He is, in reality, actually pretty stupid when it comes to politics, if just due to inexperience. He was never supposed to rule Winterfell after all. His behaviour when confronted with difficult situations is reactionary, resorting to learned behaviour, culture, and honour often devoid of critical thinking. Almost all of his fuck-ups after Robert died were simply due to his insistence to honour Robert and what he considered rightful law, that being the throne was to go to Stannis. Similar for judging Jamie. Emotions would have been high, but Ned just doesn't have the capacity to sit down and think about how complex and grey these situations often are.

EDIT: This is not to say Jamie is a "good guy" by comparison, though. Jamie is complex. Like most things in Game of Thrones you have to look at perspectives. When Jamie attacked Ned he did so because his younger brother, who he clearly cares about, had been taken prisoner by a family that might as well be considered their enemy. And he'd been taken prisoner under false claims. We hate the Lannisters for holding Sansa hostage, but from Jamie's perspective that was what Ned and co were doing with Tyrion. His relationship with Cersei is gross, and the ramifications (bastards on the throne) serious, but his love his genuine. So...what can you say in that situation? "Don't love your sister like that". Sure, but he does, their relationship filled with more love, compassion, and sensuality that Cersei ever had with her own husband. Gross and weird as it might be for the viewer, Jamie has (or had) no less reason to commit himself to Cersei than Ned to Cat. On the other hand such commitment to love had him push a young, innocent boy out of a window and cave in his cousin's skull to escape a prison. Both of which...kinda understandable in an abstract sense from his own perspective, but still very morally questionable.

TLDR: Jamie isn't half the villain people like to make him out as. Same as Theon. Folk are just overly conditioned to two dimensional story telling elsewhere.

Didn't you pay attention? Jaime didn't wounded Eddard. It was one of his guards, who attacked him from behind without him ordering it. Jaime clearly wanted a fair sword fight and even punched the guard for interrupting. He also just didn't kill the Mad King to betray him and change sides. He killed him, because he gave Jaime the order to destroy the city and ever citizen with hidden caches of wildfire around the city. He took the blame and the name King's Slayer, even so he saved everyone. But you can still judge him for trying to kill Bran Stark and killing his cousin.

Oh, right. I forgot about the bath scene. That whole sequence showed that there was actually some good in Jaime. Excuse me for my lack know-how on that regard. So much stuff has happened in the past 2 seasons that I forgot some information.

Nameless

Think about it from Ned's perspective, though. He gets to King's Landing and the Lannisters have sacked the the city, terrorized the innocent, and brutally murdered the Royal Family, children included. Wouldn't it make sense for Ned to judge Jaime stabbing the King he'd vowed to protect in the back in the same context as the other deplorable dishonorable atrocities commited by the Lannister family that day?

True but he did change for the better after his adventure with Brienne.

I can actually see him step up for his brother in the next episode.

After his adventure with Brienne he raped his sister in front of her recently decease child (his son btw). That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom