• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
A prequel season you say? here for it

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
With the renewal of two seasons announced so early maybe they can actually keep all of their actors around.

The Beric recasting was fantastic though, he's got such a presence, I hope we see him and Thoros again soon. Beric must be a pretty awful fighter to have died so many times though.

With the renewal of two seasons announced so early maybe they can actually keep all of their actors around.

The Beric recasting was fantastic though, he's got such a presence, I hope we see him and Thoros again soon. Beric must be a pretty awful fighter to have died so many times though.

I'm assuming Beric was less of a "recasting" and more of just having a stand in for one quick scene before actually trying to cast the role

I'm assuming Beric was less of a "recasting" and more of just having a stand in for one quick scene before actually trying to cast the role
Yeah Beric isn't actually considered a recast because he was originally just a featured extra in the season 1 scene. They were always going to cast him for season 3.

Nameless

Indeed. Thoros & Beric were my favorite additions last season. Can't imagine we won't see them again. The fellow Lord of Light followers with the flaming swords seem like natural allies for Stannis as he mobilizes to battle the White Walkers.

What did OG Beric look like?
cs5Xai4l.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Holy shit the ending of the season premier I was all TheRockClapping.gif watching Arya fuck shit up.

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Loved the first episode of season four. So happy to have the show back. The episode was clearly doing that "new season" thing where it sets the table for stuff to come, but the dialogue is so good and the scenarios interesting enough that I don't mind at all. Arya + Hound chicken climax was brilliant and satisfying after the depressing tail end of season three, and I fucking love this Oberyn Martell character. Love how Jamie's character redemption now faces a drastically changed Kings Landing political situation.

And then there's Natalie Dormer. Goddamn. Goddamn.

FryHole

I dont see a Mad King prequel season working. You would have to get younger versions of too many famous faces.

If they could make it work I would hoover that up - reading the first book I kept thinking how great it would have been to have flashbacks
to thin young Bob Baratheon and his war hammer meeting Rhaegar on the Trident and staving his chest in.

Spoiler most likely unnecessary, but you never know.

Anyway, I think it could work. Bung a beard on a chap and he looks like many other bearded chaps.

Nameless

The Hound really has been one of the few consistently good guys on the show. Saved Loris. Saved Sansa. Spoke up for Ser Dantos. Protects Arya. And he always looked highly disgusted by Joffrey's antics. No wonder the Lord of Light smiled upon him.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Hound is an antihero through and through.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Didn't the hound kill the butchers son in the first series? Or was that someone else?

devilhawk

The Hound really has been one of the few consistently good guys on the show. Saved Loris. Saved Sansa. Spoke up for Ser Dantos. Protects Arya. And he always looked highly disgusted by Joffrey's antics. No wonder the Lord of Light smiled upon him.
Micah, the butchers boy, proves he isn't completely consistent.

Carbonox

I'm a big fan of The Hound - he's a really enjoyable character to watch.

I would like to see more of his brother too. You hear about what a terrifying warrior he is and it would be great if they showed more of this. Aside from the jousting scenes in season 1 or whatever earlier season it was, you only hear about what he did in the past and what he's capable of. I hope we get to a point where he actually showcases why everyone fears him.

Ultimadrago

I would like to see more of his brother too. You hear about what a terrifying warrior he is and it would be great if they showed more of this. Aside from the jousting scenes in season 1 or whatever earlier season it was, you only hear about what he did in the past and what he's capable of. I hope we get to a point where he actually showcases why everyone fears him.

I too want to see more of The Mountain.

I absolutely hate the recast. And the casting for the newly introduced characters left me cold/irritated as well.

Sometimes the nudity/exploitation in this show is just excessive and dumb.. I get it, boobs. Ugh.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm okay with the boobs. Sue me.

Daario is the only recast that bothers me. The original actor had handsome, but creepy, elven features that were really striking. Too bad he's gone, cuz he really stood out.

I'm okay with the boobs. Sue me.

Daario is the only recast that bothers me. The original actor had handsome, but creepy, eleven features that were really striking. Too bad he's gone, cuz he really stood out.

Yeah. The recast is so far removed from the original casting that it is so jarring. It's very distracting. The new guy looks like he should be a Stark instead.

Nameless

He was also having scores of people tortured at Harrenhall in S2 but you're right, we usually only hear about his dasturdly deeds third hand.

It's rarely brought up how fucked it was of Tywin to assign Arya as his cup bearer before leaving Harrenhal? She had seen and heard too much and he fully expected the Mountain to kill her(among other things). "See that he doesn't get drunk in the evenings; he's poor company when he sober but better at his job." Ice cold

PFD

I absolutely hate the recast. And the casting for the newly introduced characters left me cold/irritated as well.

Sometimes the nudity/exploitation in this show is just excessive and dumb.. I get it, boobs. Ugh.

I thought the premier was pretty tame on nudity. Wasn't it just one brief scene? The S1 premier by comparison had like 5x more nudity/sex.

That fight in season 1 was so amazing. Like the stopping in mid-swing and going down on one knee when Robert commands them to stop. Sogood.gif

The best part of that scene was when the guys asks him "You lived for the King...are you going to die for a chicken?" And the Hound's response of "somebody is."

Just such an incredibly line and delivery. Such a simply threat, but perfect for him.

That fight in season 1 was so amazing. Like the stopping in mid-swing and going down on one knee when Robert commands them to stop. Sogood.gif

Yes, that part was amazing. I've watched the series a few times and again just last week to recap for the new season and I completely forgot about that part and when it happened I had to rewind and watch it a couple more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom