• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Odd question - more just for curiosity's sake - but I don't recall anyone ever calling Sandor by his first name before. If they did, how did they pronounce it? I only ask as I'm Hungarian and Sándor is the family name on my mother's side which is pronounced like "Shandor".

Me and The Hound, we have a bond 4lyfe.

Showaddy

Odd question - more just for curiosity's sake - but I don't recall anyone ever calling Sandor by his first name before. If they did, how did they pronounce it? I only ask as I'm Hungarian and Sándor is the family name on my mother's side which is pronounced like "Shandor".

Just as it's spelt San-Dor.

If some guy was 7 foot and 4 times my bodyweight in muscles, I wouldn't use his first name either!

mm04

Crow > Chicken

crow.gif

Who is the actor who plays this guy? He seemed vaguely familiar to me, but maybe it's nobody I've seen before.

Also, the Lannisters need to suffer some sort of loss this season. Cousins we never knew existed don't count in the tally.

Braag

Who is the actor who plays this guy? He seemed vaguely familiar to me, but maybe it's nobody I've seen before.

Yuri_Kolokolnikov.jpg

I thought the same thing but after a quick IMDB check he hasn't been in anything I've seen before. Articles about him say that he's well known in his homeland (Russia).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He was also having scores of people tortured at Harrenhall in S2 but you're right, we usually only hear about his dasturdly deeds third hand.

It's rarely brought up how fucked it was of Tywin to assign Arya as his cup bearer before leaving Harrenhal? She had seen and heard too much and he fully expected the Mountain to kill her(among other things). "See that he doesn't get drunk in the evenings; he's poor company when he sober but better at his job." Ice cold

Tywin didn't know that was Arya.

Nameless

Also, the Lannisters need to suffer some sort of loss this season. Cousins we never knew existed don't count in the tally.

I'd accept something happening to Jaime if it meant the survival of Cersei, Tywin, and Tyrion.

Yuri_Kolokolnikov.jpg

I thought the same thing but after a quick IMDB check he hasn't been in anything I've seen before. Articles about him say that he's well known in his homeland (Russia).

We didn't catch his character's name did we? I'm intrigued by the Thenns. They instantly come across as cold insidious killers. Even Tormund was visibly unnerved. Hilarious how the episode cut from "you gotta try crow" to Sam waddling about.

Tywin didn't know that was Arya.

Obviously. But it's still fucked up how he basically condemns a little girl to The Mountain.

demolitio

I'd accept something happening to Jaime if it meant the survival of Cersei, Tywin, and Tyrion.

I expect Tyrion to live a while since his arc definitely isn't complete, but I don't think Tywin will be living for much longer, especially after that scene with him destroying Ned's sword which was pretty symbolic in many ways. He's done a lot and served a purpose, but I see him dying as a way to progress the story even further.

Joffrey obviously is on the list as well of course. Cersei I can't really say but I doubt she'll die.

I just don't see Tywin lasting too long as much as I enjoy him and hate him at the same time. I just have a feeling his death will propel the story even further and create a lot of new stories in the process.

Edit: Then again, I didn't think Robb's story was over or anything like that so who knows...lol

My prediction is that Tywin dies at the hands of one or more of his own children sometime in the next couple of seasons. He seems to be pissing them off left and right and I wouldn't put it passed any of them to cook up a plan to get rid of him.

Deku Tree

My prediction is that Tywin dies at the hands of one or more of his own children sometime in the next couple of seasons. He seems to be pissing them off left and right and I wouldn't put it passed any of them to cook up a plan to get rid of him.

It would have to be Joffrey.

I've though as much myself. It would be pretty fitting given Tywin's fixation on "family".

woen

Prince Oberyn seems to be a huge threat too.

KorrZ

Prince Oberyn seems to be a huge threat too.

With that great line from the premiere ("The Lannisters aren't the only one's who pay their debts") - I will be hugely disappointed if Oberyn doesn't get at least some Lannister blood on his hands by this seasons end.

Nameless

I expect Tyrion to live a while since his arc definitely isn't complete, but I don't think Tywin will be living for much longer, especially after that scene with him destroying Ned's sword which was pretty symbolic in many ways. He's done a lot and served a purpose, but I see him dying as a way to progress the story even further.

Joffrey obviously is on the list as well of course. Cersei I can't really say but I doubt she'll die.

I just don't see Tywin lasting too long as much as I enjoy him and hate him at the same time. I just have a feeling his death will propel the story even further and create a lot of new stories in the process.

Edit: Then again, I didn't think Robb's story was over or anything like that so who knows...lol

The only character I see as safe for the time being is Daeny. I feel like we would have seen people holding mass book burnings if she and or ger dragons died without making it to Westeros.

But totally, Tywin's death would be huge. We're talking the richest most powerful man in all the Kingdoms. Given the already fragile state of post-war Westeros, a death of that magnitude would really send the the country to shit. Nevermind the possible in fighting amongst the Lannisters clan for the family fortune and that matriarchal/patriarchal role.

You knoew. I was half certain Cersei and Tyrion would conspire against against Tywin last season after being forcibly betrothed and with all of the blunt venom he was spewing their way. Who knows. My girl Cersei gives nary a fuck right now and with the recent Shae developments Tyrion could be driven to that point as well should Tywin make good on his promise to hang any whore he finds in Tyrion's bed.

Whoever recommended the comic book girl19's videos for background on the series was right. There's like... a metric shitton of history I didn't even know about that has happened before this stuff all started. It's like LOTR again.. huge corpus of writing about the universe and we're only seeing a little bit on TV. Also she explains it really well in the videos. Would recommend the Targareyen one that I saw.

The only character I give a shit about now is Tyrion. I don't really care about Danny that much, and I certainly don't have any Starks apart from Arya to care about (No sympathy here for Sansa from me). If RR does some dumb "shock" death to either of those two, I'm done with the series. I really cared about Ned in the first season and.... /starts crying again.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Obviously. But it's still fucked up how he basically condemns a little girl to The Mountain.

Oh right sorry, I see what you mean. I thought she left before he did though? My impression was that he genuinely liked her, and probably would have her spared. I can't quite remember the series of events though.

Whoever recommended the comic book girl19's videos for background on the series was right. There's like... a metric shitton of history I didn't even know about that has happened before this stuff all started. It's like LOTR again.. huge corpus of writing about the universe and we're only seeing a little bit on TV. Also she explains it really well in the videos. Would recommend the Targareyen one that I saw.

The only character I give a shit about now is Tyrion. I don't really care about Danny that much, and I certainly don't have any Starks apart from Arya to care about (No sympathy here for Sansa from me). If RR does some dumb "shock" death to either of those two, I'm done with the series. I really cared about Ned in the first season and.... /starts crying again.

I don't think he does shock deaths for the sake of shock. Sansa is weak, and easily controlled, I don't see why anyone would kill her at this point. Arya is willing to throw honour aside for survival unlike her father and brother, she knows how to survive in this world.

Tyrion is in a precarious position, but he does have his father behind him at least, and Jaime would do everything he can to protect him too I bet.

Awesome episode. I didn't like everyone shitting on my boy Jamie though. I waited two damn seasons for the Twincest to reunite and now she's mad at him! Jeez.

Braag

We didn't catch his character's name did we? I'm intrigued by the Thenns. They instantly come across as cold insidious killers. Even Tormund was visibly unnerved. Hilarious how the episode cut from "you gotta try crow" to Sam waddling about.

Yeah they didn't introduce him properly, Tormund just said "I hate Thenns" and I tought the guys name is Thenns until I later realized it was just their clan that was called "Thenn".
According to the Wiki the characters name is "Styr" The Magnar of Thenns (Magnar meaning Lord in the old tongue).

Vagabundo

I liked Ros too. I was shocked to see her dead and it was around that time I started to hate on Little Finger. Such a bastard. I hope he pisses off the nutty woman and gets flung out of that little hole in the Aryie <sp??>.

This has probably been asked and answered already but who is the guy who Grey Worm was gambling with? I don't remember him so I'm guessing that the character was recast?

Edwardo

I'm still none the wiser but at least I know his character wasn't suddenly introduced to the show.

I may have to rewatch season three as my memory is getting fuzzy.

Ya, he's the lieutenant of the Second Sons that kills his commanders and sides with Khaleesi then helps her in freeing the slaves of Yunkai.

Ya, he's the lieutenant of the Second Sons that kills his commanders and sides with Khaleesi then helps her in freeing the slaves of Yunkai.

Now i know who he is, damn the recast is jarring.

Edit: I've just Googled the previous actor, what the fuck were they thinking?!

Edwardo

Ya the previous actor gave off that ladies man vibe. The current guy doesn't give me that feeling at all. I'm not sure if that's the direction they're going to go with him still, or not.

wildfire

Banned
They will. GRRM already explained the main plot of the next books to the showrunners so they can still finish the series if they pass the books.

Lovely. We'll get another Full Metal Alchemist situation. Can't wait for Game of Thrones Brotherhood in 2019.

wildfire

Banned
Joffrey and Tywin seem to put up with each other for now. Tyrion would be my bet, he's been shit on by his father ever since he was born.

Cersei's a possibility, but I can't figure out a motive yet.
None of the Lannister kids are killing Tywin.

Joffrey even with his ego knows he is stronger with his grandfather around.

Cersei doesn't like getting pushed around by her father but she doesn't particularily hate him.

Tyrion hated him until the end of the last season when he asked him what did he do that was for the good of the family and Tywin admitted that it was letting him live. It's a harsh backhanded compliment but Tyrion has softened up a bit on his father for this.

Jaime? Please. Not caring about what his father thinks doesn't make him inclined to bad mouthe him let alone go to an extreme as murder.

The only Lannister with beef is Cersei's daughter shipped to Dorne and she already has a Dornish bent on revenge in King's Landing.

Unlike some characters in this show the best way to be served Tywin's comeuppance is to see his family crumble with Jaime betraying the family to ensure Sansa's safety, Cersei is successful in her machinations to not get married to Loris, Tyrion allows Sansa to escape, Joffrey dies or is exposed as a bastard and Dany coming back with Dragons and is declared the new yeezus.

Curufinwe

I don't hate the new Daario but if he were to get the chop early on this season it would probably be better for the show. The change is really jarring.

Edwardo

I feel like if a Lannister was to die, it would be because of Joffrey either pissing someone off for the final time, or someone pissing Joffrey off for the final time.

<list of lannisters>

The only Lannister with beef is Cersei's daughter shipped to Dorne and she already has a Dornish bent on revenge in King's Landing.

Unlike some characters in this show the best way to be served Tywin's comeuppance is to see his family crumble with Jaime betraying the family to ensure Sansa's safety, Cersei is successful in her machinations to not get married to Loris, Tyrion allows Sansa to escape, Joffrey dies or is exposed as a bastard and Dany coming back with Dragons and is declared the new yeezus.

Myrcella lannister has been shielded probably from every issue you listed. She probably has no idea what's going on. I don't think that's reason to have beef at all.

Nameless

Myrcella lannister has been shielded probably from every issue you listed. She probably has no idea what's going on. I don't think that's reason to have beef at all.

Yeah unless she learned of all the Lannister evils while with House Martell, which is possible, she probably doesn't even know she's a Lannister not a Baratheon.

pringles

Pretty good opening episode. Felt a bit disappointed in the beginning that they opened the show with a lame excuse to show some T & A, but I guess they gotta meet their quota. It got a lot better as it went along and the end was one of the top moments of the show so far. Team Arya & The Hound for life.

Also curious what the point of bringing back that guy that Sansa 'saved' was. Seemed fairly random but this show rarely is so has to be something going on there.

I don't hate the new Daario but if he were to get the chop early on this season it would probably be better for the show. The change is really jarring.
This Dario seems like a better actor and more of a likeable character, so if he sticks around the recast will probably be good for the show in the long run. The old Dario had a certain charm but felt a bit shallow and boring compared to Ser Barristan and Jorah. Having just watched season 3 it took me a while to realize it was a re-cast and not a completely new character I was looking at though.

Hope they can settle on an actor for The Mountain soon as well. 3 actors in 4 season? Lame. Even though we've barely seen him it's not ideal.

televator

I wonder if the other 2 direwolves will ever show up again? I can see Arya's probably not showing up until after Arya does some comming up in the world -- which is likeley to be a few years. Ghost never seemed too interested in Jon, never even came whe called, and just sorta wandered off.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The blonde boy in the brothel was the guy that fucked Loras right?

Edwardo

Just want to ask this again.

So we see Tormund and Ygritte meet up with the creepy cannibal wildlings (can't remember their name). As the scene ends, do we also see the Night's Watch members who betrayed Lord Commander Mormont? I couldve sworn it was Rast and crew that were coming up on the wildlings.

Or was it Sam that we saw just walking along?

The blonde boy in the brothel was the guy that fucked Loras right?

Yessir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom