• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's war, they were on a mission, they were her enemies.

Her enemies were the crows. She was murdering defenseless civilians as an act of what is essentially terrorism. It's the same thing Tywin did in his attempt to goad the Starks into attacking Harrenhal. I'm not sure how it can be justified.

Jonogunn

Her enemies were the crows. She was murdering defenseless civilians as an act of what is essentially terrorism. It's essentially the same thing Tywin did in his attempt to goad the Starks into attacking Harrenhal. I'm not sure how it can be justified.

Actually their enemy is everyone south of the wall.

Vagabundo

Oh God a Ygritte defense force.

Look, I liked Ygritte as much as the best of you you - shouting "RICKY" at the screen every time she appeared - but let's not pretend she was something she wasn't.

She has a soft spot for young Jon and didn't try to kill him too hard even when she was pissed at him. She had no regrets in killing anyone that she felt needed killing and the kid was bang on for shooting her dead coz she killed his paw.

She lived by the arrow; she died by the arrow. And you still know nothing Jon Snow.

Enco

Look, I liked Ygritte as much as the best of you you - shouting "RICKY" at the screen every time she appeared - but let's not pretend she was something she wasn't.

She has a soft spot for young Jon and didn't try to kill him too hard even when she was pissed at him. She had no regrets in killing anyone that she felt needed killing and the kid was bang on for shooting her dead coz she killed his paw.

She lived by the arrow; she died by the arrow. And you still know nothing Jon Snow.
This.

She shot Jon with a few arrows and he could have easily died. Sure she 'missed his heart' but that's hardly any reconciliation.

Kid who killed her is a boss.

My brother does this, too.

Jonogunn

I thought they have to be in close proximity, but maybe they do have to touch or kill you personally.

The Blackwatch may not be too sure themselves and are just being cautious.

No they always talked about burning the bodies even the ones that didn't die by the touch of a white walker (ex. All the wildlings and crows that died at castle black)

It's war, they were on a mission, they were her enemies. She acts tough when in group but spares non-fighting people whenever she's on her own. She's a woman in a men's world, she has to prove herself constantly, as shown in this very episode when confronted to that cannibal. Meeting Jon Snow could have been the first step in her path to redemption and I would have had no problem with that. But Kid got his revenge and I'm also cool with it, they couldn't have both lived in the same world.

Yeah, I dont think Ygritte was a omg-super-horrible person, but Im cool with her dying at the kid's hands. She killed his parents and all that.

Jacob4815

Hype for the next episode!

The showrunners are teasing it as one of the most exciting hours they produced.

Last season finale was disappointing... Mhysa! Mhysa! So boring....

It's war, they were on a mission, they were her enemies. She acts tough when in group but spares non-fighting people whenever she's on her own.

Well, right before finding Gilly she killed one woman that attacked her, but then also cut the throat of another woman that didn't do anything nor did anyone watch them.
I guess she was just still a step above killing infants and eating people ;D

That was it for me personally. (well that and shooting unsuspecting farmers in the head in front of their child)

Kurdel

Banned
Can someone refresh my memory, what happened to Dany's baby, didn't it die after that magic shit?

Khal Drogo was super sick, and that slave witch Dany "saved" offered to do some blood magic or somethig.

Life for a life, she took the baby to heal Drogo, he ends up a vegetable.

Rhaego does not go on to mount the world :(.

Khal Drogo was super sick, and that slave witch Dany "saved" offered to do some blood magic or somethig.

Life for a life, she took the baby to heal Drogo, he ends up a vegetable.

Rhaego does not go on to mount the world :(.

Thanks, one more question, has the storyline where Vary's had the dude that castrated him captured been resolved? I remember him unveiling him but I don't remember that part of the story continuing.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Thanks, one more question, has the storyline where Vary's had the dude that castrated him captured been resolved? I remember him unveiling him but I don't remember that part of the story continuing.

Nothing has come of that yet. AFAIK he's just keeping him in the box for the time being.

That's the last that has been shown, I don't think they've talked about it either. Varys has had a pretty small role this season, don't recall him getting much screen time lately.

Zeppu

I don't think there's anything else to add to it. The point of the story was that with patience and by finding his life's path he was able to exact revenge on the wizard that mutilated him. Now he keeps him in a box.

The scene where the girl with baby came across the raiders and quickly turned back looked so awkward.. it just didn't make sense that they didn't spot her either.

Some of the scenes were great, but overall this is my least favorite episode of the season.

Portugeezer

Don't know how 100,000 couldn't deal with 100 people, but whatever.

Felt bad when Ygritte got killed in front of John Snow, but we never know whether she would have killed him or not, even if they were both nervously smiling.

dLMN8R

Don't know how 100,000 couldn't deal with 100 people, but whatever.

Felt bad when Ygritte got killed in front of John Snow, but we never know whether she would have killed him or not, even if they were both nervously smiling.

I thought it was pretty clear from the episode. I too thought it was hopeless, until it was shown that the 100,000 north of the wall only had two ways to get in:

1) Bust through the door: We saw how well that went for the giant

2) Climb the wall: We saw how well that went for the climbers

All told it was probably only a couple thousand involved in this first battle. They were counting on the group south of the wall to take Castle Black, that group failed, so they had to regroup and rethink their strategy.

Also: Can the Nights Watch now collapse the tunnel? Do they have time to do so since the wildlings are regrouping?

The vast majority of the 100,000 were on the impenetrable side of the wall. Tormund and his crew were supposed to distract/weaken the defenses and help get the gate open, or at least a more detailed read of what they're dealing with (which they failed at, despite it looking like they killed about 100 crows...).

Sendero

The scene where the girl with baby came across the raiders and quickly turned back looked so awkward.. it just didn't make sense that they didn't spot her either.
I arrived a bit late, so also could not make any sense of that.

Anyone knows what was that about? Was just some random refugee passing by? How come no one was mounting guard?

Truant

I'm rewatching the first seasons, and noticed something.

During the second episode Ned has to kill Lady the direwolf, just before we see Bran wake up. After having seen the rest of the show, this sequence is cast in a different light. Was Bran warging Lady, and did he wake up because Ned killed the wolf?

Iceman

When Ygritte died, my bro tried to high five me...
Knowing full well that she's my crush... :(

hahahahhaaaaaaa. what a jerk. but, seriously, I would laugh so hard at that.

That said, if someone tried to high five me after Oberyn's death I'd punch them in the neck*.

*(in honor of Ned Stark)

Booties

Banned
Just rewatched the episode where Jon takes his vows. The tree that Bran is looking for is only an hour from Castle Black. Why is it taking so long? Is there a different tree?

Cyan

Banned
Just rewatched the episode where Jon takes his vows. The tree that Bran is looking for is only an hour from Castle Black. Why is it taking so long? Is there a different tree?

The trees with faces on them are all over the place. They're remnants of the old religion of Westeros predating whatever the current one is called. Which of course predates the inevitable forcible conversion of everyone on the continent to the Lord of Light by Stannis the Mannis.

Anyway. The tree they're seeking--apparently where the three-eyed raven lives? I dunno, it's a little vague--is not the same as the one Jon takes his vows at.

Sepp

Banned

The giant could have held the gate open for the rest of the army to go through. If not this giant, then the next. Or are there only 2 in the entire army?

Then the climbers... climbing the wall right below the Night's Watchs positions, how stupid. Could have climed the wall more to the east/west and attacked from the sides.

kvn

The giant could have held the gate open for the rest of the army to go through. If not this giant, then the next. Or are there only 2 in the entire army?

Then the climbers... climbing the wall right below the Night's Watchs positions, how stupid. Could have climed the wall more to the east/west and attacked from the sides.

I don't see how 100.000 men or whatever amount would fit through that small tunnel at once. Position a gatling gun at the entrance and the intruders won't even be able to climb over the corpses.

Loakum

Banned
Jon is a hell of a lot better off without Ygritte! That woman has Fatal Attraction written all over her boney body! That kid done him a huge favor! ...not to mention that bitch killed Pyp!

Camwi

1. The giant was raging after his buddy was killed. Strategy was an afterthought, assuming the giants are even intelligent enough to come up with strategy.
2. Jon says that there are more giants.
3. They were testing Castle Black. That's why it was such a small attack. Jon realizes that they're fucked, so that's why he's going to go try chopping off the head of the snake.

Portugeezer

I thought it was pretty clear from the episode. I too thought it was hopeless, until it was shown that the 100,000 north of the wall only had two ways to get in:

2) Climb the wall: We saw how well that went for the climbers

All told it was probably only a couple thousand involved in this first battle. They were counting on the group south of the wall to take Castle Black, that group failed, so they had to regroup and rethink their strategy.

Also: Can the Nights Watch now collapse the tunnel? Do they have time to do so since the wildlings are regrouping?

Right, but when one giant went in the tunnel why didn't more people join him? They just let him go in on his own...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
1. The giant was raging after his buddy was killed. Strategy was an afterthought, assuming the giants are even intelligent enough to come up with strategy.
2. Jon says that there are more giants.
3. They were testing Castle Black. That's why it was such a small attack. Jon realizes that they're fucked, so that's why he's going to go try chopping off the head of the snake.

Are you sure he wants to kill him? He left without a weapon(or wolf). Maybe he wants to negotiate or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom