• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first GoT season finale live!

so-excited-sbb.gif

kubus

Game of Thrones always makes me feel so conflicted :(.

I don't want the weekend to end. But I want to see Game of Thrones. I love the show, but I hate it for killing off Oberyn.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who partly wants to get the finale over with just so I can't be spoiled about the events anymore? Getting more and more paranoid about it, lol.

Vashetti

Banned

I don't want the weekend to end. But I want to see Game of Thrones. I love the show, but I hate it for killing off Oberyn.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who partly wants to get the finale over with just so I can't be spoiled about the events anymore? Getting more and more paranoid about it, lol.

You can still get spoiled on future seasons.

It never ends :(

Nameless

I am not really sure of what Margaery gains from sparing Tyrion, and I am not sure Tommen is quiet ready to defy Tywin's will (or the gods).

She absolves her guilty conscience for one. Maybe I'm wrong, but Margaery doesn't strike me as a woman who'd do nothing as an innocent man dies because of her.

And in the words of the great Sallaodor Saan, "The one true God is between a woman's legs." The ways in which Margaery can influence Tommen transcend whatever fear and respect he has for Tywin or the gods.

It will when the show finally goes beyond the books, which is pretty likely.
I kind of hope this happens and then every single book person that has spoiled it for tv watchers that stopped watching the show gets spoiled every single time. Once a river is built from their angry tears, the only issue would be to think of a good name for it.

On the other hand, I really hope it doesn't so the writers have more than enough time to put the show out properly as they have so far. However, you just know the top 2-3 things such as who will sit on the throne at the end will get spoiled by everyone because book readers are cunts
except most gaf GoT readers, you guys are cool.

Nameless

This didn't really hit me until now. I started watching the show earlier this year and then had to get accustomed to waiting a whole week for a new episode.

:(

This is probably the most rewarding show to rewatch, so theres that. We've had a decent amount of down time at work recently so I've been rewatching some episodes. It almost never fails that you pick up new references or make new connections. This show is so dense.

I'll also repost these as they are required viewing for those who haven't seen them .

Complete History and Lore of Westeros Part 1

Complete History and Lore of Westeros Part 2

Complete History and Lore of Westeros Part 3

Vice

Yeah, why does she keep saying that all the time, anyway?

Lasts season Jon was clueless about Wildling ways. So, whenever he said or did something dumb she would say, "You know nothing, Jon Snow." As their relationship developed it became a sort of bonding phrase.

kubus

Lasts season Jon was clueless about Wildling ways. So, whenever he said or did something dumb she would say, "You know nothing, Jon Snow." As their relationship developed it became a sort of bonding phrase.
Ah, that was it, thanks.

I liked it overall when you generally see it, but this time around it was just corny and completely took me out of the episode. That and the ridiculous slow mo as everyone is fighting added to it. I'm going to blame the director for those two corny things since you don't see such things in this series and it's only his second episode he's done. Generally has done a fantastic job otherwise though.

I need to catch up on the last season of the Walking Dead. I think I only watched the first 2-3 episodes. Only seasons that I can remember in the past year or so that really caught my attention was True Detective, Person of Interest, Game of Thrones and The Mentalist until the fucking awful Red John reveal/climax. The Good Wife was also fantastic but I had to stop after a certain event, I'm going to go back and watch all the episodes since this season was fantastic though. Just started watching Parks and Recreation and while it is pretty funny, it just seems way too similar to The Office. Way too similar.

Moaradin

I liked it overall when you generally see it, but this time around it was just corny and completely took me out of the episode. That and the ridiculous slow mo as everyone is fighting added to it. I'm going to blame the director for those two corny things since you don't see such things in this series and it's only his second episode he's done. Generally has done a fantastic job otherwise though.

When was this? Don't remember that at all.

Lothar

Banned
This is probably the most rewarding show to rewatch, so theres that. We've had a decent amount of down time at work recently so I've been rewatching some episodes. It almost never fails that you pick up new references or make new connections. This show is so dense.

I'll also repost these as they are required viewing for those who haven't seen them .

Also, required are the ComicBookGirl19 videos. These do go into back history not mentioned in the show but these are very minor things that just help you to understand the world. Stuff like which family won a war thousands of years ago, which family lost a valerian sword hundreds of years ago, how were the dragons used hundreds of years ago. These are 100% intended for non readers. So much so that comments are disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfYj-cHM5c House Targaryen History
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9q4Ht-W164 House Lannister History Pt 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVrlvRXGxg House Stark History Pt 1

I recommend against watching Lannister History 2 and Stark History 2. Lannister 2 contains some back story that they may still do on the show and Stark 2 has theoretical spoilers. But these three linked videos are completely safe. Like I said, even comments are disabled. If you haven't seen these three videos before, you'll enjoy them.

I searched for CB19 to see if it were posted in this thread and I just got this one post.

Just watched a bunch of comicbookgirl19's EPIC HISTORY vids. Holy shit. Enlightened completely on the storyline.Things make much more sense, now.

So yeah, watch them.

Are these on the blu rays?

would rather watch on tv

Nameless

Also, required are the ComicBookGirl19 videos. These do go into back history not mentioned in the show but these are very minor things that just help you to understand the world. Stuff like which family won a war thousands of years ago, which family lost a valerian sword hundreds of years ago, how were the dragons used hundreds of years ago. These are 100% intended for non readers. So much so that comments are disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfYj-cHM5c House Targaryen History
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9q4Ht-W164 House Lannister History Pt 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVrlvRXGxg House Stark History Pt 1

I recommend against watching Lannister History 2 and Stark History 2. Lannister 2 contains some back story that they may still do on the show and Stark 2 has theoretical spoilers. But these three linked videos are completely safe. Like I said, even comments are disabled. If you haven't seen these three videos before, you'll enjoy them.

I searched for CB19 to see if it were posted in this thread and I just got this one post.

So yeah, watch them.

Thanks been meaning to check these out too.

Rorschach

That's a pretty big potential spoiler in Stark History pt 2 with some stuff that was never shown in the show. I think a lot of people had come to the same conclusion, but just sayin'.

Lothar

Banned
That's a pretty big potential spoiler in Stark History pt 2 with some stuff that was never shown in the show. I think a lot of people had come to the same conclusion, but just sayin'.

Yep, just watch those three videos I linked to, no others. It's unfortunate because the first 15 minutes of that Stark 2 video might be the most fascinating part of any video she put up.

Her recaps of each episode this season are safe btw. I thought her last one was really good. I like how excited she got over seeing giants and mammoths on screen.

Nameless

My first GoT season finale live!

so-excited-sbb.gif

Old_Nan.jpg

Oh my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides for years and children are born and live and die, all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little lord, when the white walkers move through the woods. Thousands of years ago there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts. And women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept and felt the tears freeze on their cheeks.

In that darkness, the white walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds...

Ovid

I'm in the same boat as you. I have avoided this thread all week just in case.

I'll be back tomorrow at 10:07 PM EST.

Peace y'all.

Vashetti

Banned
Yeah, OT but I started watching The Walking Dead the other week to see what all the fuss was about.

Season 1 was mostly great and I thought it was really promising.

Season 2 feels like it was written by entirely different people. I got up to episode 8 and stopped watching, as you can literally see the whole thing fall further and further off the cliff.

I can only assume it gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom