• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

There doesn't seem to be much a King can't do. He pretty much has carte blanche

Don't think that will happen for some reason.

Would be cool though.

My prediction
Tyrion somehow gets out of Kings Landing. Someone such as Jamie/Bronn helps him escape

I can definitely see Jaime doing something but I think Bronn is knee deep in Lady Lolas by now.

The second thing about Olenna is simply not going to happen.
I'll join Styr for dinner if it does.

To be clear I wasn't saying that
Olenna would officially confess to the crime, but that she already admitted to killing Joffrey to Margaery in ep4. So Margaery knows an innocent man faces execution because of her grandmother protecting her.

Speevy

Banned
I sincerely apologize if I ruined any moment for you guys.

I'm just a little miffed at how they've gone about certain bits of storytelling.

I'll stay out.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
To be clear I wasn't saying that
Olenna would officially confess to the crime, but that she already admitted to killing Joffrey to Margaery in ep4. So Margaery knows an innocent man faces execution because of her grandmother protecting her.

I only remember Olenna telling her that she was involved, not that Tyrion did not do it. For all she knows, Tyrion might have put the poison in the cup.

Khaz

There are no book spoilers here.

Elenna Tyrell did confess to her grand daughter that she poisoned Jeffrey, three episodes ago. We also know she did it with the help of Lord Ballish, who provided the poison and the necklace. All there is in Nameless post is conjecture about what would Marjorie could do with that knowledge, with the secret hope of saving Tyrone, who is already dead if we believe in the Gods, and we do.

Road

I really hate how nowhere seems to be safe from spoilers anymore. I've had major things spoiled thanks to a damn Luigi Mario Kart video and a Twitch stream. Maybe I should accept the reality that it is (seemingly) inevitable.

This is how I was "spoiled" on Oberyn's death: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115623389#post115623389

It's not spilled outright, but if you have one and a half neuron with one working synapse...

I also was spoiled on Joffrey's death somewhere else completely unrelated to GoT (btw, is any Iron Throne king gonna have a non-boring death in this show? That was terrible as fuck. Arya should have been more annoyed.)

It is becoming impossible to go on the internet 30 minutes after the last episode has ended if you haven't watched it (I have been watching each season on a binge the weekend of the last episode). At least the original work isn't as popular as the TV show because otherwise...

Also, my speculation about Jon Snow in spoilers
I randomly remembered of Jon Snow's uncle who inspired him to join the Night's Watch. I want to believe he's some badass that will reappear and now would be the perfect time.

Still scratching my head as to how you came to that conclusion, seems like there were a ton of key events in the episode, perhaps your interpretation of important and mine are very different.
There are no key plot points unless it's located at Kings Landing, duhh
Road said:
This is how I was "spoiled" on Oberyn's death: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post115623389

It's not spilled outright, but if you have one and a half neuron with one working synapse...
ffs, I feel for you man...

Kinyou

Saw this on FB
tPSwH4j.jpg
That smug look, that goddamn smug look he gave him. It's as if he knew that it was his girlfiriend

Nameless

The wall is in good hands, his thirst for revenge for the death of his family and village will fuel him.

*Next season Ollie is beheaded at eaten by Thenns*

Oh, I forgot. :lol

Man, Olenna is stone cold. Love her. Make her a regular, I want more of her.

Same. Not sure how prevalent she is going forward in the books, but I hope it's one of those situations where the show runners give a character a bigger role due to how amazing the actor portraying them is---which I've heard happened with Tywin.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Same. Not sure how prevalent she is going forward in the books, but I hope it's one of those situations where the show runners give a character a bigger role due to how amazing the actor portraying them is---which I've heard happened with Tywin.

Tywin role was smaller in the book? Anyway, she needs to interact with him more. They're like the only two that know what the fuck they're doing in King's Landing, the scene during the marriage showed a nice chemistry.

Nameless

Tywin role was smaller in the book? Anyway, she needs to interact with him more. They're like the only two that know what the fuck they're doing in King's Landing, the scene during the marriage showed a nice chemistry.

According to Joanna Robinson on the A Cast of Kings podcast. But we don't talk about those things with words so I'll leave it there

Question: Is there a way I can look up facts about a character that doesn't have book spoilers?

I wanted to look up something about Theon Greyjoy without possibly spoiling that story line. I did that with Ned Stark in the first season because I was confused about all the different relationships.

Spoiler: That did not go well.

Edit: Wow, thanks for all the quick responses.

SeanR1221

Question: Is there a way I can look up facts about a character that doesn't have book spoilers?

I wanted to look up something about Theon Greyjoy without possibly spoiling that story line. I did that with Ned Stark in the first season because I was confused about all the different relationships.

Check the game of thrones wiki.

Avoid the ice and fire wiki.

Yeah, just use the game of thrones wiki.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Theon_Greyjoy

Just be careful not to go too far down, on every character page there's a chart with appearances per season. Below that it sometimes goes into the books. Top half is spoiler free though.

Edit: ^

The official show Wiki does not feature spoilers, and only discusses stuff that has happened in the show.
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

You'll want to put it in your favorites/bookmarks btw; it's real easy to see spoilers if you google search stuff, or worse yet if you accidentally use the book wiki website.

If you want other information you can PM me or the other people listed in the OP. No spoilers, just backstory.

Plenty of nice book readers here who will answer questions without spoiling you. Happy to answer via pm.

Can you imagine if Thoros, the guy who brought Beric back to life after the Hound cut him in half, brought Oberyn back to life? That'd be pretty gruesome.

Vashetti

Banned
Can you imagine if Thoros, the guy who brought Beric back to life after the Hound cut him in half, brought Oberyn back to life? That'd be pretty gruesome.

Can't come back without a head (brain).

Thoros and Beric explained this to Arya when she inferred whether they could bring Ned back.

Vashetti

Banned
It's all there, it's even attached to his body still.

Did you miss the part where his head went splat?

Being revived doesn't put the pieces pack together exactly. Beric is still missing his eye and plastered in ugly scars where the skin just "healed" over. He also said he comes back less whole every time.

Oberyn had his eye sockets squashed out and enough pressure applied for his head and brain to splatter.

nooooo i dont want to imagine that ^

man, this week feels so slow in waiting compared to the week before. i was still legit shook about the mountain and the viper a day before last week's episode went on air.

cant wait for finale!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Even if it were possible if Beric looked like this after being resurrected:

Imagine what Oberyn would look like when his brains are all over the floor and his eyeballs are plastered between the Mountains fingers...

Speaking of Beric and his merry band of brothers, where the hell have they been all freaking season?

Why are you guys talking about the noobs who follow the Lord of Light? Just find a phoenix down and bring him back. #OberynMustLive

http://youtu.be/shYouqOEE48?t=11s
Obey's eulogy said:
He lives in you, he lives in me
He watches over everything we see
Into the waters, into the truth
In your reflection, he lives in you

giphy.gif

Ichi_

Neo Member
On Tyrion, and I'll actually tag this since I became convinced it will happen rewatching 'Oathkeeper'...I think
Margaery will use her influence to convince Tommen to spare his life. Olenna tells her flat out that Tyrion is innocent before confessing herself. Of course later that episodeMargaery visited Tommen for the first time. She won't sit idly by and watch an innocent man murdered because of her.

I am not really sure of what Margaery gains from sparing Tyrion, and I am not sure Tommen is quiet ready to defy Tywin's will (or the gods).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom