• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're significantly underestimating how long it takes to film some of this stuff. Regardless of that, with the statement that the schedule works in favor of the actors doesn't mean that we Dinklage gets full days of filming just his scenes on the schedule for 15 straight days. As for locations, I believe they shoot all the exteriors for Kings Landing in Croatia, but I think they might go to Belfast for a few interior sets.

The reason why I guessed those numbers is because in this video at about 35 seconds in David Benioff says that they filmed the purple wedding in 4 days.

I'm not suggesting that everything is done so quick, but I'm just specifically talking about Tyrions scenes this season, which have mostly been in a single location, his cell.

Season Finale: The Children

In the Season 4 finale, Daenerys must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth of his situation; and circumstances north of the Wall are altered by an unexpected arrival.

Programming note: Tonight's episode runs long, slotted in a 70 minute time slot (actual run time is listed at 66 minutes). Adjust your DVRs and watching schedules accordingly.

Yen

Does Sky Atlantic still show the show at the same time as it airs in the US? I know it happened for the season opener, but I've been watching it as it airs on a Monday night.

8 hours until the finale!

tumblr_lhggxm6zuL1qh59n0o1_r1_400.gif

Children....hrm. That finally clicked. We're finally going to see the children of the forest or whoever, aren't we? I'm guessing Bran gets to his destination and meets them.

The finales all have been pretty lackluster so far. The most I exciting things always happen an episode or 2 before.

Because I honestly don't think he is Ned's son. Maybe it is nothing and I'm grasping at straws. I found it too specifically vague that Ned told Catelyn that Jon was of his blood. Not that "he is my son". Though I think he has told others he is his son.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a very strong hate/love relationship with Game of Thrones. I tear it apart quite regularly, yet I can't stop watching.

Regarding Jon's potential parentage, after watching the lore videos from the last 3 season blu rays, I'm starting to think he's not Ned's son as well. Just speculation that's probably already been covered before,
It'd be significant if Jon was Lyanna Stark's and Rhaegar Targaryen's son. The timing works and would make sense for Ned to want to keep the parentage secret if he wanted to keep Jon alive.

Dommo

Regarding Jon's potential parentage, after watching the lore videos from the last 3 season blu rays, I'm starting to think he's not Ned's son as well. Just speculation that's probably already been covered before,
It'd be significant if Jon was Lyanna Stark's and Rhaegar Targaryen's son. The timing works and would make sense for Ned to want to keep the parentage secret if he wanted to keep Jon alive.

This is what I'm thinking too.

That is 100% where I am as well. It fits too perfectly. I was tempted to google some lore things outside what I've seen, but was way too afraid to run into book spoilers so left it alone. I'll be a good boy and wait 2....3....7 years for the series reveal (if there is one).

BraXzy

Not seen this posted..

"Michelle Keegan (Voted sexiest female at the British Soap Awards) 'Would Go Nude' For 'Game Of Thrones' Role, Wants To Follow 'Coronation Street' Exit With 'Serious' Acting"
“I think it is important to follow up 'Corrie' with a good acting role.”

She went on to say that she’d love a part in the series ‘Game Of Thrones’, famous for its graphic violence and sex scenes, though Michelle claims she wouldn’t have any qualms in going naked on screen.

She explained: “I’m a huge Game Of Thrones fan. I’d obviously love a role in that. I would consider getting naked and having sex scenes if the role was right.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...oronation-street_n_5496143.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I for one would be very happy to welcome her.

Rorschach

Is this GoT's version of Godwin's law?

In that they both get a pass for being young. "They're just kids!" So are Arya, Bran, and our beloved future king Rickon! That don't mean you gotta be hate-able. Just when you think she's finally growing up a little, they show that scene with Robin. Holy shit. What a jerk. Anyway, she's incredibly self centered and egotistical, so I think she'll do well. :[

Speaking of Arya: she's becoming a cold blooded killer. I think I'm gonna have to stop rooting for her too. :< She's gonna start collecting names of anyone that slights her in the least.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Speaking of Arya: she's becoming a cold blooded killer. I think I'm gonna have to stop rooting for her too. :< She's gonna start collecting names of anyone that slights her in the least.

You should stop rooting for her to save yourself some pain because she's going to die soon, not because she now understands how the world works.

In that they both get a pass for being young. "They're just kids!" So are Arya, Bran, and our beloved future king Rickon! That don't mean you gotta be hate-able. Just when you think she's finally growing up a little, they show that scene with Robin. Holy shit. What a jerk. Anyway, she's incredibly self centered and egotistical, so I think she'll do well. :[

Man, what are you talking about? What's wrong with that scene with Robin? She finally left King's Landing where she felt a bit safer, then she felt even safer since she saw the snow which reminded her of home. And then she probably took a long time to built Winterfell which lord nipple sucker stomped on it. Slapping Robin now is the equivalent of being Joffrey?

And she never chose Joffrey's side. Even in episode 1, she didn't take a side which is smarter than something Robb or Ned (who I like more than her) would do, since she didn't betray her family fullstop nor turn her back on her future husband. And yes, she does get a pass for being young in terms of when her father died, unless maybe your family has been brought up my masterminds at the old age of 12 where you were psycho-analyzing everyone and manipulating people 3-4 times your age.

I hope the season doesn't end with a establishing shot of the Dragon's flying.
Definitely. Saying that, season 1 ending was one of the best moments of the show and one of the best endings to a season. But I hope we get something interesting at the end, unless it's a shot of her on top of a dragon burning people.

Every goddamn season i swear it ends with this. Liberate some slaves, all hail dragons, epic music plays. AND SCENE
My money is the season ends on Stannis and his new army. Or the Norths rebuilt army. Or Jon commanding the wall....? I've no clue. But I agree...shit better not end with her again.

Cyan

Banned
Well, so far we've had:

S1 close: dragons' first appearance
S2 close: white fuckin walkers man
S3 close: pizza

So two out of three seasons have ended on dragonz, but on the other hand the first one was totally badass so it works for me.

I think they go a different direction this time. Axe comes down on Tyrion's neck and... SCENE.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Well, so far we've had:

So two out of three seasons have ended on dragonz, but on the other hand the first one was totally badass so it works for me.

I think they go a different direction this time. Axe comes down on Tyrion's neck and... SCENE.

Ned redux? I'm cool with that.

munchie64

Season Finale: The Children

Programming note: Tonight's episode runs long, slotted in a 70 minute time slot (actual run time is listed at 66 minutes). Adjust your DVRs and watching schedules accordingly.
Ok, time for description predictions:
Dany makes a stupid decision specifically cos Jorah isn't there; Bran finally gets to the god damn bird; Tyrion escapes and accepts that he has to be on the run; White Walkers destroy the wildling army, making them the primary Wall threat next season.

That sounds like 66 minutes worth. The name doesn't seem to fit with any of those guesses though...

What about you guys?

Enco

Dany makes a stupid decision specifically cos Jorah isn't there; Bran finally gets to the god damn bird; Tyrion escapes and accepts that he has to be on the run; White Walkers destroy the wildling army, making them the primary Wall threat next season.

That sounds like 66 minutes worth. The name doesn't seem to fit with any of those guesses though...

What about you guys?
Yea that's what I've been expecting.

What about you guys?
Bran meets The Children of the forest. That is the only thing I'll bet money on.

Well, so far we've had:

Head flying onto the camera and splash it. LOL

Cyan

Banned

What about you guys?

Guess about the episode title:
I think it maybe refers to Bran's vision quest thing? The original people who carved the faces into trees were called the Children of the Forest (thanks GoT wiki), so the title may refer to that. Possibly the Three-Eyed Raven is leading Bran to one of these Children. Or the tree he's seen in visions also had something done to it by the Children of the Forest. Or... it might mean something totally different, who knows. :p

munchie64

Guess about the episode title:
I think it maybe refers to Bran's vision quest thing? The original people who carved the faces into trees were called the Children of the Forest (thanks GoT wiki), so the title may refer to that. Possibly the Three-Eyed Raven is leading Bran to one of these Children. Or the tree he's seen in visions also had something done to it by the Children of the Forest. Or... it might mean something totally different, who knows. :p

Bran meets The Children of the forest. That is the only thing I'll bet money on.

Ahhh I completely forgot about that! Makes sense.

My prediction for tonight.
HBOGo will change resolution every 2 minutes going from HD to a blurry mess resembling youtube circa 2005 and back again

Rorschach

If the dragons killed Daenerys and saved us from all her scenes, they'd be the new fan favorites.

Man, what are you talking about? What's wrong with that scene with Robin? She finally left King's Landing where she felt a bit safer, then she felt even safer since she saw the snow which reminded her of home. And then she probably took a long time to built Winterfell which lord nipple sucker stomped on it. Slapping Robin now is the equivalent of being Joffrey?

Read what was written. The part following "In that..." I suppose I can break it down real Hodor if you'd like. Also, I didn't even mean the slapping. I meant her inability to let it go and out-pout the kid that still sucks at his mother's breast.

She really has become an insanely one dimensional character. Ever since this mother of dragons shit started I have cared less and less about her scenes. The dragons and her companions interest me but her bleh. She's just gonna act all royal n shit. Her getting dario's Dick was the best thing she has done in a while.

Busaiku

I've been watching on HBO Go about an hour after it aris, because I got used to that; but the past few weeks I managed to watch about 15-20 minutes before (I don't check earlier).
Are they uploading it at 9 PM EDT again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom