• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Shae's betrayal was fucked up. She got what she deserved, whores don't get a second chance(heard that somewhere). As a big fan of the dragons I was very sad at them getting locked up. So are they gonna starve now? It's depressing to think about. It was the other one that burned the girl anyway.

I'm sure they'll be fed. Without the dragons she's pretty much nothing.

So Varys was going to stay behind, then he heard the alarm bells ringing, and realized Tyrion killed Tywin so he had better join him on the boat. Right?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
George confirms that the dragons will never come
or
George confirmes that the white walkers won. 3 books after the current one

=p

Ah, nope - nothing like that.

Regardless, I can't get over how cool those fights were: skeleton fight, stannis' arrival & brienne vs the hound were all so good.

JoeBoy101

So Varys was going to stay behind, then he heard the alarm bells ringing, and realized Tyrion killed Tywin so he had better join him on the boat. Right?

Yup. After what happened with Joffery, he wasn't taking any chances.

No, they're just butthurt that something they expected to happen this season didn't among the other usual complaints associated with book adaptions (missing direct quotes from book, changed scenes, altered motivations, ect.).

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, it's going to be hard to avoid, I'll never be able to wrap my head around the idea of spoiling things just because you can, it's stupid.

E92 M3

That shot of Arya riding the horse toward the docks was great. She is clearly going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Every fucking time after I watch this show I want to boot up Skyrim. Such beautiful vistas always remind me the wonderful job Bethesda did.

So was Shae a plant by Tywin? Or was it a betrayal.

I think it was betrayal. Shae did love him at one point, but she ultimately did not realize Tyrion was trying to save her.

Right. But I don't understand why he would leave after that fact? He's dead if he stays cause Tywin is dead???

Magwik

Banned
Kings Landing will be interesting to say the least. Jon and Stannis finally doing something. Bran's only purpose is to introduce fantasy elements now. Wonder if we will ever see Jorah again. Arya gonna have some fun in Bravos. Wonder where Varys and Tyrion are going.

Just some random thoughts.

Xamdou

Vary's bail out scene was hilarious, when he opened the door for Tyrion he asked: "What did you do?" Since he knew Tyrion did something since he took so damn long. When he heard the bell, he instantly knew shiet was doing down he instantly bailed out.

There is no one left in King's Landing who can pull my heartstrings now. Tyrion was the one I was most afraid for and him being whisked away was incredibly satisfying. I see nothing but good times ahead in The Adventures of The Imp and the Eunuch. There's nothing interesting left in KL apart from Jaime. Joffrey is dead, Tywin is dead, Littlefinger and Sansa are gone, Oberyn got KO'd, Varys is gone and so is Tyrion. Speaking of which, Tyrion is sooo dead if he ever sets foot in KL again. Sail far my friend. Sail far, far away.

Jaime has completely redeemed himself by letting Tyrion escape. I still like him despite him being an incestuous dickhole, so I hope he doesn't get blamed for the death of Tywin and Tyrion's escape. But since Tywin is dead and there are no other thunderous cuntlords in KL, I doubt if his life is in danger. I simply fail to see where Jaime/Cersei/Tommen arc is heading. The only slightly interesting thing going on in KL is zombie mountain. I wonder what that's about.

Although it's nitpicking, but I find it strange how Jaime helped Tyrion escape. When Tyrion was first thrown in the dungeon, he specifically asked Jaime to help him escape, and Jaime said it's impossible because of the guards and such. Now Tyrion, the highest profile prisoner in Westeros, is walking around the halls of the red keep with a crossbow and laying down fools. Shouldn't the hand or his chambers have a few guards posted? Tyrion wallhacking was also sort of questionable.

Jon Snow sticking up for Mance Rayder was cool to watch. It's one thing Starks were and are always good at, honor. Hopefully Stannis, Night's Watch and Mance's army join hands and go Braveheart on the White Walker army. Jon Snow's luck that he only gets gingers. Red lady is going to do something with him, since she's interested in King's blood lineage and all that nonsense. Hopefully Jon learned his lesson by now and remembers to keep his dick in his pants.

RELIGHT

Banned
Why aren't we talking more about Bran?!?!?! That was the craziest shit I've seen on the show!!!!! That little girl had mutant powers and shit!!!! Tree man said bran wouldn't walk but he would fly. So is Bran gonna become a three eyed raven too?

Volimar

Why aren't we talking more about Bran?!?!?! That was the craziest shit I've seen on the show!!!!! That little girl had mutant powers and shit!!!! Tree man said bran wouldn't walk but he would fly. So is Bran gonna become a three eyed raven too?

Were-Raven

Maaaan, gonna miss the Hound :(

Absolutlely loved Tyrion getting his revenge on that no-count whore and smug ass shit-heel Tywinn.

Can't fucking wait for badass, assassin Arya. SO HYPE. Somebody's shit is gonna get wrecked.

Minion101

Banned
Vary's bail out scene was hilarious, when he opened the door for Tyrion he asked: "What did you do?" Since he knew Tyrion did something since he took so damn long. When he heard the bell, he instantly knew shiet was doing down he instantly bailed out.

This makes sense.

Pockafella

Neo Member
I didn't hallucinate any follow up on the Mountain did I? They really let us hanging with that operation which may "change" him underway?

Magwik

Banned
Because Bran still isn't interesting imo.

Raven? I say a Dragon.

royalan

Because Bran still isn't interesting imo.

Pretty much this.

Scenes like the battle we got this episode are too rare. Sadly, as of now, I just can't bring myself to really give a fuck about whatever it is Bran is doing.

I feel like now that the mystical shit is ramping up (FINALLY), he's going to play a major role. But god, getting there has been slow going. They payoff needs to be huge.

Magwik

Banned
I agreed until now. This episode was amazing and now Bran seems more important than ever. He's the real hope against those zombies.
We'll probably have another season to establish his character or importance before he goes out and does something imo. I'm not expecting much so that leaves room for surprises.

Xamdou

Did we know about the secret passage that Tyrion uses from an earlier episode?

I never saw him use the route in a prior episode, but since he was once a hand of the King it certainly didn't surprise me that he knew of a secret passage to that room.

Pretty sure that the missing dragon (the black, largest one) was summoned to be Bran's mount or something. Makes a bit of sense -- he disappears, sailors see him (so he's flying back to Westeros?), we know that Bran and I'm sure the much more powerful tree guy can possess beasts, and Bran is being promised wings.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't know how anyone could dislike Bran's story. I find it to be one of the most intriguing and important plotlines on the show, and he's a likable and interesting characters. I mean, come on, he just came across The Children and some mysterious tree wizard. That is some DEEP shit in the GoT universe. This is way bigger than some dumb throne. Love it. 👍

65ZkGwI.png

royalan

I don't know how anyone could dislike Bran's story. I find it to be one of the most intriguing and important plotlines on the show, and he's a likable and interesting characters. I mean, come on, he just came across The Children and some mysterious tree wizard. The is some DEEP shit in the GoT universe. This is more important than some dumb throne. Love it. 👍

Well, I mean, that's nice. But it took 3 seasons to happen.

Literally until now he's just been wondering North for some mystical unknown reason.

demolitio

Ok, now that I got my celebration out of the way over calling Tywin's death, I just have to say how awesome it is to finally get into the fantasy lore more this episode and seeing the children of the forest was quite fucking awesome since they sounded awesome in the back-story and you know they're back to keep the white walkers at bay again. I still think Bran is going to warg one of Dany's dragons and kick some walker ass.

Should be interesting to see how Melisandre interacts with Jon since his lineage is still a mystery.

FUCKING CHILDREN OF THE FOREST. That is all.

I'm glad you and I are on the same page Snuggles. I've made some extremely long posts talking about his story and my theories on the religions so it's nice to finally see that go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom