• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RELIGHT

Banned
Can we start discussing endgame though? We should be nearing the end of things right? Maybe 2 seasons left? Dany has to make it to the iron throne by next season right? And with Sansa going darkside who knows what havoc her and Littlefinger will reek on the kingdom. Fuck so many things happening! Maybe 3 more seasons.

Good episode, satisfying ending.
The usual LOL so close but didn't happen between Sansa and Arya.

For some reason I'm not "dying" to see the next season like I was for this season. I guess it's because a lot of the assholes ended up dying? Like Joffrey and Tywin.

Also each main character seems to have such a different goal now. Before it was all about the iron throne, now everyone is doing their own thing:

Dany- getting her dragons under control
Bran-I guess gain mythical powers to beat whitewakers?
Snow- Beat walkers?
Tyrion/Varys- Running away
Stannis- I guess he still wants the throne but is nowhere near it right now
Jaimie/Cersie- Don't know what purpose they serve anymore
Tommen- Preparing to die
Littlefinger/Sansa- Don't know what they're doing right now either
Arya- Training...

It's gonna be a bunch of walking around next season I think, probably a buildup for season 6.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Well, I mean, that's nice. But it took 3 seasons to happen.

Literally until now he's just been wondering North for some mystical unknown reason.
Maybe I'm just more patient than some viewers, but I've enjoyed his journey since Winterfell and the payoff was great (and just beginning).

E92 M3

My repeatedly stuttering stream reminded me of the wonderful job Bethesda did with the PS3 version as well.

:(

Of course they are fake =p.

Indeed

A lot of sensitivity lol.

Pretty sure that the missing dragon (the black, largest one) was summoned to be Bran's mount or something. Makes a bit of sense -- he disappears, sailors see him (so he's flying back to Westeros?), we know that Bran and I'm sure the much more powerful tree guy can possess beasts, and Bran is being promised wings.

That'd be so fucking epic.

HelloMeow

Can we start discussing endgame though? We should be nearing the end of things right? Maybe 2 seasons left? Dany has to make it to the iron throne by next season right? And with Sansa going darkside who knows what havoc her and Littlefinger will reek on the kingdom. Fuck so many things happening! Maybe 3 more seasons.

Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z!

Curufinwe

I think four more.

Justin

They still haven't finished book three yet.

Ovid

Why aren't we talking more about Bran?!?!?! That was the craziest shit I've seen on the show!!!!! That little girl had mutant powers and shit!!!! Tree man said bran wouldn't walk but he would fly. So is Bran gonna become a three eyed raven too?
The Children of the Forest.

That fireball came out of nowhere. At first I was like "Did a dragon fly all the way up here?". Then she called his name. Sooooo damn good. It felt like a completely different show after that.

iNvid02

fuck me that was a stunning finale

the lannister house all but crumbled with jamie and cersei just saying fuck it, tyrion looks like he will be ok for the time being, the most powerful man in westeros iced sitting on the toilet, and all of the stark children relatively safe.

its a shame about the hound, but his death didnt evoke sadness for me, arya can finally move on and do what needs to be done.

and the fantasy element finally coming into full swing now, awesome.

The coin given to her from the face changing guy from Season 1 (or was it 2?). He told her to present that and say "Valar Margolis" or whatever and it'd take her places or somesuch. Man I need to re-watch this series. =/
The Faceless Man from Bravos gave it to her in season 2. Apparently he or his order are a big deal.

Face changing guy? Faceless man? His name is Jaqen Hghar, you heathens.

RELIGHT

Banned

That fireball came out of nowhere. At first I was like "Did a dragon fly all the way up here?". Then she called his name. Sooooo damn good. It felt like a completely different show after that.

I know! Jubilee shows up and started putting in work!

Espi

Banned
So wHat was the iron piece arya had?

wat.

they showed it in the "previously on GoT"

From that assassins creed guy from like 2 seasons ago that said "if you're ever in Bravos, give this to someone and say valar morghulis" (i think thats what it was)

Were they fireballs, I'll have to re watch but it seemed to me like she was throwing something, something physical, like a glass ball or something.

Xamdou

Pretty sure that the missing dragon (the black, largest one) was summoned to be Bran's mount or something. Makes a bit of sense -- he disappears, sailors see him (so he's flying back to Westeros?), we know that Bran and I'm sure the much more powerful tree guy can possess beasts, and Bran is being promised wings.

My god never thought of that... it will be like How to train your Dragon except real life. Drogon is a black dragon also just like in the movie.

Drogon would be one hell of a sky mount, while Hodor will be his ground mount.

Busaiku

It's crazy that next season King's Landing will probably be a minor focus.
Heck, Westeros in general depending on where Tyrion goes.

royalan

wat.

they showed it in the "previously on GoT"

From that assassins creed guy from like 2 seasons ago that said "if you're ever in Bravos, give this to someone and say valar morghulis" (i think thats what it was)

I thought it was "If you ever meet someone from Bravos..."?

demolitio

Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Dany anytime soon. She's so far away and dealing with so many other problems that it might take years for her to make her move. To me, it's obvious that Stannis is the next king since now he'll probably get the support of the Northern houses as well and impress a lot of the Great Houses with his commitment to keep "his" realm safe. You might have some houses in the North that remain loyal to Roose Bolton if he makes a move and Littlefinger will have The Vale under his control and might use Sansa to get the North behind him as well. Basically, you have a bunch of people vying for the Houses that can bolster their legitimacy and armies.

With Tywin gone (another reason I expected him to die), the Lannisters' grip on the throne is rapidly fading and Stannis will take that shit over and bring more war to the region. I always said it would ironic and fitting of GRRM to make Tommen an actual good, peaceful king that tries to bring Westeros back together just to be overthrown by Stannis causing a bunch of shit again and then I'm also worried about Melisandre basically ruling THROUGH Stannis depending on how committed to his faith he becomes after dealing with the mythological shit up north. I always view Stannis and Melisandre as a take on some Medieval kings who were ruled by a religious official. I love Stannis and want him to keep his honor and justice so I hope that's not the case.

I just think Dany is the END END GAME if anything so it's not anything soon. She's basically chilling in Babylon while the rest are in the Americas...lol.

Jaqen H'ghar, for shame.

69981-Jaqen-Hghar-deal-with-it-gif-V-bA9x.gif

Ichi_

Neo Member
So what the heck is gonna happen in King's Landing now.
Will it even function properly.
No Varys and no Little Finger either.

I never would've expected Tywin to go before Cersei.

Well Tywin ain't around to force her into marrying Loris Tyrell, she will remain Queen Regent until Tommen marries Margery, assuming she can live that long. And I don't see anyone left in the city to tell her what to do and not do.

demolitio

Well Tywin ain't around to force her into marrying Loris Tyrell, she will remain Queen Regent until Tommen marries Margery, assuming she can live that long. And I don't see anyone left in the city to tell her what to do and not do.

I kept saying Tywin's death is the subsequent start of House Lannister's demise but specifically Cersei's demise since that's who made her (literally and politically, lol). She won't die anytime soon but will suffer for a long time getting married off (I don't even know if it will be the Tyrells now) and watching Tommen get dethroned by Stannis eventually.

Tywin dying has me excited from the story perspective and that's why I adamant that he was the next Lannister to die, especially with all the Rains of Castamere hints that turned out to be spot-on despite my friend thinking I was crazy. This will finally make the Lannister children become their own people with their own stories, for better or worse.

Jamie is finally released from his figurative chains and Tyrion from his literal chains. Cersei lost her leash but that's not necessarily a good thing in her case.

This show is fucking awesome. Once again, CHILDREN OF THE FOREST!

breakfuss

This could make for such an interesting video game. Imagine playing as Bran and summoning Hodor or that giant wolf in battle. The Khaleesi storyline seems to be stalling but she remains a pleasure to look at. Poor Tyrion. #thesehoesaintloyal. Disappointed Ayra and Sansa still haven't reunited. Happy father's day, Tywin. Felt good. I think The Hound could still be alive. That ear bite...so nasty, lol. I know they're actors but I still cringe everytime Jaime and Cercei get freaky.

Sajjaja

Why aren't we talking more about Bran?!?!?! That was the craziest shit I've seen on the show!!!!! That little girl had mutant powers and shit!!!! Tree man said bran wouldn't walk but he would fly. So is Bran gonna become a three eyed raven too?

It looked like she was throwing bombs which exploded. But they come out of no where so I guess it's just magic.

Grey Worm said he was seen flying over the Black Cliffs. We have no gauge of where that might be. Though I was thinking that he was going to be a dragon rider as well lol.

Tywin dying has me excited from the story perspective and that's why I adamant that he was the next Lannister to die, especially with all the Rains of Castamere hints that turned out to be spot-on despite my friend thinking I was crazy. This will finally make the Lannister children become their own people with their own stories, for better or worse.

Where does this happen?

Damn what a season. Incredible stuff, loved the ending, and time for my jumbled reactions.

Loved Varys' "Oh shit" moment and Tyrion finally getting his revenge. Stannis will roll over King's Landing like bulldozer now that Tywin is gone. Fuckin' Stannis, the only thing that genuinely surprised me was when he showed up outta nowhere. Dat Melisandre and Jon foreshadowing tho. Is Bran gonna get some super sick h4x powerup now?

Was I the only one that felt bad about the Hound? I was half-dreaming of a Brienne-Hound team up :( Oh yeah and Dany's dragons sreaming "mama", shit!

demolitio

It looked like she was throwing bombs which exploded. But they come out of no where so I guess it's just magic.

Grey Worm said he was seen flying over the Black Cliffs. We have no gauge of where that might be. Though I was thinking that he was going to be a dragon rider as well lol.

Where does this happen?

3 or so times throughout the season. Basically, it started in the first episode with Tywin having his little celebration melting down the Stark sword where Rains of Castamere was being played triumphantly, but from then on, it was related to BAD events: From Joffrey's wedding where he throws money at them and stops it abruptly, to the Oberyn scene where he stabs the Lannister kids singing the song, and then the tavern up North when the woman was belching it and no one knew it so she stopped and did another song that someone knew. I was saying for a long time that his death had to be the next Lannister death and mentioned those song moments a few times but I don't think anyone paid any attention to my ramblings. They don't put that shit in there for no reason though as we can see after rewatching season 3.

Basically, I took that as a clear hint of the Lannisters' downfall and since that song is basically celebrating Tywin, I took it to mean one thing. especially since his death WOULD be the downfall of his Great House in the way we've come to know them.

Then on top of that, you have the clear character arcs of the kids struggling to obey Tywin's commands and having no future in the history books except what Tywin has written of them so to speak. Jaime can't come to grips with having his life completely controlled by Tywin with no freedom and having to let his brother die for something he didn't do. Then from a story perspective, I think Tywin's death would obviously have the biggest ramifications in the show and would expand on the Lannister children's character arcs that were previously tied to him but were starting to stray from him.

Hope I typed that up well enough. My mind is still racing with thoughts. Obviously I never expected Tyrion to kill Tywin although I did expect Jamie to save Tyrion...lol

No, they're just butthurt that something they expected to happen this season didn't among the other usual complaints associated with book adaptions (missing direct quotes from book, changed scenes, altered motivations, ect.).

Jesus, that's what they're upset about? I thought something huge had been changed or something. Essentially they're complaining about Shelob being pushed back to Return of the King.

Although it's nitpicking, but I find it strange how Jaime helped Tyrion escape. When Tyrion was first thrown in the dungeon, he specifically asked Jaime to help him escape, and Jaime said it's impossible because of the guards and such. Now Tyrion, the highest profile prisoner in Westeros, is walking around the halls of the red keep with a crossbow and laying down fools. Shouldn't the hand or his chambers have a few guards posted? Tyrion wallhacking was also sort of questionable.

Hadn't thought about it, but yeah. The scene was so cool I didn't really think about it but I agree, he was just kinda strolling around the castle making noise and killing people with not a guard in sight. The story is so cool tho i'll have to give it a pass.

Red lady is going to do something with him, since she's interested in King's blood lineage and all that nonsense. Hopefully Jon learned his lesson by now and remembers to keep his dick in his pants.

I thought about the kings blood thing too, but Ned wasn't a king, right? Jon Snow doesn't have kings blood as far as I know. This is total speculation but: Maybe Jon's secret mother was a Baratheon, or maybe.. just maybe he's the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's Sister and for some reason Ned brought him home to Winterfell and said he was his. Ughh.. I need answers! This wait will kill.

Just throwing some things out there:

I bet Varris and Tyrion are going to Dorn. They've no love of the Lannisters there. Maybe they'll love Tyrion for killing the king. Wonder how Cercei's daughter is doing?

There's two Starks nobody talks about anymore: Bran's younger brother who went off with Osha. Wonder where they end up? I wonder if Stannis heads south a bit and has a word with Roose Bolton over Winterfell (that's where Roose and his crew were headed last, right)? There's also Catelyn's uncle (the Black Fish) who escaped the Red Wedding. I guess next season we'll see what's up with them.

CodonAUG

Jesus, that's what they're upset about? I thought something huge had been changed or something. Essentially they're complaining about Shelob being pushed back to Return of the King.

Hadn't thought about it, but yeah. The scene was so cool I didn't really think about it but I agree, he was just kinda strolling around the castle making noise and killing people with not a guard in sight. The story is so cool tho i'll have to give it a pass.

I thought about the kings blood thing too, but Ned wasn't a king, right? Jon Snow doesn't have kings blood as far as I know. This is total speculation but: Maybe Jon's secret mother was a Baratheon, or maybe.. just maybe he's the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's Sister and for some reason Ned brought him home to Winterfell and said he was his. Ughh.. I need answers! This wait will kill.

Didn't the mad king take Ned's sister hostage? Maybe Ned claimed him as his "bastard" when he wasn't. So he could be a Targaryan.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
That was brilliant. I fucking loved it. THAT MUSIC. Hollyshit Ramin Djawadi. I love you.

Derwind

Lets recap;

Bran is on some redbull shit. I need to see this.

Aryas going to Bravos. Bravo...

The Hound got his ass punked by two ladies. Brienne fought like a woman and I mean that with the upmost respect, she tore him to shreds and threw him off a cliff.

Tyrion... holy shit Tyrion.. I never thought I'd say this... killed Tywin on the crapper. Amazing. Poetic justice.

And Varys... poor Varys. One of my favourite least talked about characters.

Also John Snow, Mance Rayder & Stannis Baratheon. I wonder what'll happen here. But everything else overshadows that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom