• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

So what's up with Vaerys baling out? Because of the bell warnings and him realizing Tyrion did something crazy? Figured he'd be blamed or something?

Sucks about the Hound, but awesome about Arya. They crammed a lot into the ep, should've had another 30-45 mins to it.

Overall, enjoyed the finale except for the campy Evil Dead shit with Bran.

So what's up with Vaerys baling out? Because of the bell warnings and him realizing Tyrion did something crazy? Figured he'd be blamed or something?

Sucks about the Hound, but awesome about Arya.

Well he was missing pretty far away from the castle. If he had shown up out of the blue it would have raised questions, especially when Tyrion's been freed from his cell.

Complistic

I think he realized king's landing was fucked and bailed.

So, why didn't Arya finish the Hound? Had she removed him from her list? Did he not deserve a quick death? Is this just open for interpretation?

RELIGHT

Banned

Flynn-Rider-Dead-In-Tangled-Reaction-Gif.gif

Seik

Banned
Good for Stannis he was the rightful king since the beginning anyway.

I don't understand why Arya didn't finish Sandor, what the hell? He finished the wounded guy two episodes ago, just before being bit. She also could've something before the fight to calm shit down like ''He protected me since the beginning!'' too, I don't know, cheap move Arya.

That was some sad shit. Tyrion going legit apeshit, Varys's face realizing he was a criminal.

What the fuck will happen with all of this.... :O

Sajjaja

Also John Snow, Mance Rayder & Stannis Baratheon. I wonder what'll happen here. But everything else overshadows that right now.

They pretty much own the North right now. You have the Nights Watch, The Wildlings and Stannis' army standing together (or will be anyways). Thought winter is coming and that means the white walkers too. So they may not own the North just yet but they will.

So, why didn't Arya finish the Hound? Had she removed him from her list? Did he not deserve a quick death? Is this just open for interpretation?

Well, Hound always went on about how the Starks were too soft hearted and it got them killed. So when push came to shove and the Hound still on her list, she showed that she isn't soft and can survive in the cruel world, which is ironically what the Hound taught her to do.

Ovid

Jesus, that's what they're upset about? I thought something huge had been changed or something. Essentially they're complaining about Shelob being pushed back to Return of the King.

Hadn't thought about it, but yeah. The scene was so cool I didn't really think about it but I agree, he was just kinda strolling around the castle making noise and killing people with not a guard in sight. The story is so cool tho i'll have to give it a pass.

I thought about the kings blood thing too, but Ned wasn't a king, right? Jon Snow doesn't have kings blood as far as I know. This is total speculation but: Maybe Jon's secret mother was a Baratheon, or maybe.. just maybe he's the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's Sister and for some reason Ned brought him home to Winterfell and said he was his. Ughh.. I need answers! This wait will kill.
Robert was known for bedding tavern sluts (as Stannis put it) and fathering bastard children. Why would he have to hide Jon? I don't see the purpose.

Complistic

She's just got to tame them guys. You gotta start somewhere. And I know "dragons are untameable" but I doubt she doesn't have a go at it.

NolbertoS

Loved the season finale, fuckin eh. Never expected Tyrion to commit murder. Anybody know why Varys joined Tyrion?? He was just ready to head back to the castle when the bells started ringing. Guess he knew his usefulness in King's Landinf had come to an end. Arya, seems like she doesn't want to be a Stark anymore and is off doing her own thing. Wanna know what happens between Sansa and Littlefinger. Next year can't come soon enough :(

They pretty much own the North right now. You have the Nights Watch, The Wildlings and Stannis' army standing together (or will be anyways). Thought winter is coming and that means the white walkers too. So they may not own the North just yet but they will.

I'm sure House Bolton has something to say about that.

demolitio

Sucks about the Hound, but awesome about Arya. They crammed a lot into the ep, should've had another 30-45 mins to it.

Overall, enjoyed the finale except for the campy Evil Dead shit with Bran.

I guess Varys was worried at that point for being at the docks during the lockdown?

I was mad when the show still ended 6 minutes before the scheduled time despite expecting it. I always want more and feel like a lot of episodes this season flew by and ended early.

I wish we could get more episodes since there's so much content but I guess we'll get used to always wanting more eventually. Damn budgets!

Robert was known for bedding tavern sluts (as Stannis put it) and fathering bastard children. Why would he have to hide Jon? I don't see the purpose.

I thought because 1) it's not a tavern slut, it's Ned Starks sister who was from a respected family, and 2) he had just taken or was about to take the throne and agreed to marry Cersei.

My knowledge on how his sister died is foggy so i'm sure the idea is nonsense. I was just trying to think of a way Snow could have kings blood because Melisandre gave him the "gonna put leeches on ya dick" look.

Blader

That was a pretty great episode and definitely the show's best finale yet. Past finales have always been more quiet denouements to follow on their episode 9s, but this was one did a lot to shake things up:

--Stannis finally arriving in the north, possible alliance with Night's Watch and Wildlings
--Bran finally reaching the raven
--Arya going solo (though annoyed that we got fucked out of yet another easy Stark reunion)
--Brienne/Hound fight, Hound left to die (so there's still hope!)
--Tyrion escaping, killing Shae and oh shit Tywin too

I would have liked to see something from Sansa's subplot (can't believe I'm saying that), but overall this ep did a great of touching on nearly every major storyline and giving each a healthy amount of screentime and things to do.

Now begins another wait...

Sajjaja

I thought because 1) it's not a tavern slut, it's Ned Starks sister who was from a respected family, and 2) he had just taken or was about to take the throne and agreed to marry Cersei.

My knowledge on how his sister died is foggy so i'm sure the idea is nonsense. I was just trying to think of a way Snow could have kings blood because Melisandre gave him the "gonna put leeches on ya dick" look.

It's pretty much impossible imo because they could have only conceived this child on the battlefield (not literally, but camped somewhere) and Ned's sister being a noblewoman would not be near there.

royalan

Loved the season finale, fuckin eh. Never expected Tyrion to commit murder. Anybody know why Varys joined Tyrion?? He was just ready to head back to the castle when the bells started ringing. Guess he knew his usefulness in King's Landinf had come to an end. Arya, seems like she doesn't want to be a Stark anymore and is off doing her own thing. Wanna know what happens between Sansa and Littlefinger. Next year can't come soon enough :(

Varys is probably the smartest man in Kings Landing. I guess he figured that whatever manipulative power is on the verge of rising to take Tywin's place wouldn't be as easy for him to maneuver around. Basically, as good as Tommen is, he is but a boy. Cersei is a drunken idiot blinded by pettiness, and Jamie is also an idiot whenever Cersei's around. In short: the Lannisters are about to learn that dear old daddy was the only reason their asses survived this long, and shit in Kings Landing is about to seriously hit the fan.

If I was Varys, I'd have gotten the fuck outta dodge too.

Yeah all the time Brienne and Hound were clashing I hoped Arya would step in and stop it. She was a mean bitch watching Sandor being beaten to pulp, despite him saving her little ass on the road so many times.

CDX

I thought about the kings blood thing too, but Ned wasn't a king, right? Jon Snow doesn't have kings blood as far as I know. This is total speculation but: Maybe Jon's secret mother was a Baratheon, or maybe.. just maybe he's the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's Sister and for some reason Ned brought him home to Winterfell and said he was his. Ughh.. I need answers! This wait will kill.

That's been my theory since season 1. Jon Snow is Ned's nephew from Ned's sister and Robert Baratheon.

Ned tells Jon he is a Stark by blood and let's him know he'll tell him about his mother the next time he sees him.

All I could think of during season 1 where they were going on about the hair color of Robert's bastards and how Joffery's blond hair didn't fit was "HOLY SHIT Jon's hair color fits!"

Still don't know why Ned would lie to his wife about Jon being his bastard though.

UglyPony

Awesome episode. Loved it. Very satisfying season finale. Bran's storyline just shot up tenfold the moment the children of the forest made their entry. I always loved the lore about the children of the forest and the first men. To finally see them was epic as fuck.

Danny realizing the dragons are becoming to hard to handle and chaining them up was very sad to see. With one dragon, the biggest of them all, still roaming free. Growing every day. Wonder how this will play out in the future.

All in all, very good season and satisfying final episode of the season. Makes waiting a year much easier. My favorite season so far followed by season 3 then 1. Season 2 being my least favorite all through it had its moments.

an epilogue scene was cut from the finale. we would have loved to see it in there, but it appears it's been moved/cut.

regardless, it was an excellent episode and that omission isn't enough to detract from every other good thing they had going on there.
Can this scene be moved into next season or did the directors mess up? Just yes or no will do, don't go any further. ;)

Brilliant episode, one of the best yet. I think there is a tad that was taken away, one of which someone spoiled in regards to Stannis "not going where you expect him", which meant I knew he would go North.. and another someone spoiled that Tyrion kills Tywin and makes it out alive this season. So a lot of that tension in episode 8 and 9 in regards to his life didn't matter to me. This is the only season I've been spoiled on a few things, but it was still incredible. I think it's the best one and likely the one I will enjoy the most when I rewatch them starting this Tuesday when my sister starts watching it. Oh, and that Arya was going to Bravos for sure but didn't know exactly when.. I basically knew it would happen either this episode or the first 2 episodes. Fucking hell, I got spoiled so much this season. :(

This being in Father's Day is absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, he's got a very cool demeanor. I like that he pretty much let Onion Knight do the talking while he stood there radiating royalty.
He also seems to listen, which Tywin stated is a great attribute to a King. He listened to Jon at the end there. He's starting to grow on me and now that he will have some interactions with Jon, his storyline should get much better.

I have a theory now though. If the King of the North were to swear fealty to Stannis, could Stannis just improve his army by 99,000 or 98,000 warriors in that short amount of time? That could make it very possible for him to take over King's Landing, especially now that it looks to be in ruins. Also, the Mountain lives? Are you fucking kidding me? That's bullshit. Fuck!

Wookieomg

Absolutely fucking LOVED the season finale. Couldn't have done it better, imho. Every character's arc felt like it had enough time to at least come to a close for the season and open up the floodgates for season 5. So so so so good. :D

Ovid

That's been my theory since season 1. Jon Snow is Ned's nephew from Ned's sister and Robert Baratheon.

Ned tells Jon he is a Stark by blood and let's him know he'll tell him about his mother the next time he sees him.

All I could think of during season 1 where they were going on about the hair color of Robert's bastards and how Joffery's blond hair didn't fit was "HOLY SHIT Jon's hair color fits!"

Still don't know why Ned would lie to his wife about Jon being his bastard though.
Because it was really his bastard?

I think that stare down is screwing with your minds. Gendry is Robert's last bastard.

NolbertoS

He also seems to listen, which Tywin stated is a great attribute to a King. He listened to Jon at the end there. He's starting to grow on me and now that he will have some interactions with Jon, his storyline should get much better.

I have a theory now though. If the King of the North were to swear fealty to Stannis, could Stannis just improve his army by 99,000 or 98,000 warriors in that short amount of time? That could make it very possible for him to take over King's Landing, especially now that it looks to be in ruins.

I thinm Stannis won't last long. They way Melisandre looked manacing at Jon Snow. Something is gonna happen next season. Maybe the Lord of Light vs Old Gods fighting each other. Also seeing the Children of tr forest burning the wildling boy accompanying Bran Snow means they know the White Walkers arw coming and will stop them too. I get the sense the White Walkers and Lord Of Light are connected maybe

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Great episode. Went by fast as hell too.

I thought that Tyrion scene was a dream sequence at first haha. Sad to see Tywin go but he definitely got exactly what he deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom