• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn fine finale, too bad some asshole spoiled Tyrion shooting Tywin dead in this thread, I knew it was true as soon as the post became deleted..... I didn't know about the whole toilet situation though, so it was amazing seeing that. His death is hilariously ironic considering how much Tywin was obsessed about legacy . He will be forever known as the guy that died on his toilet with a whore in his bed. All the work he did trying to make the Lannisters the greatest family is gone as the family is shattered. In the end, it was his own arrogance that everyone would automatically follow his script that got him.

Another great thing about this episode is now the vast majority of the cast are experiencing a great shakeup and their stories are going forward. Arya is finally heading to Bravos to meet the Faceless Men after much anticipation. Bran is going to put use to his powers and we are getting more fantastical stuff in the show. Stannis has finally did something useful after Blackwater. Melissandre glaring at Jon Snow seems to indicate what everyone already thought: he is definitely special. I await to see what kind of interactions Jon and Stannis will have in Season 5. Tyrion and Varys are heading for the Free Cities. It seems a lot of the cast is now in Essos now. I am really hoping they meet up with each other eventually. King's Landing is going to be in chaos as every person that knew how to run the city is either dead or has fled. The only plotline that has not made progress is Daenarys, which makes me sad as I actually liked seeing her progress from Season 1 through Season 3. This season her storyline has been pretty stagnant and stale.

Season 5 is definitely going to be interesting as a lot of stuff will be changing. I am happy that we are going to see much more of Essos. One of my favorite things about Dany's storyline in the past was seeing Qarth, the customs of the Dothraki, the Unsullied, etc. I cannot wait to see more of Bravos and the Faceless Men. Now that much of the characters are in Essos, I am really hoping many will eventually meet up with each other. Given Arya's admiration for Aegon's sister warriors, it would be interesting to see her meet Daenarys. One of Dany's big story issues is her story recently has not been very relevant to the Seven Kingdoms. In the first season she was discussed a lot within the Council and made her relevant. I think her meeting up with some other cast members would improve her story line greatly. I am also excited to see what they do at the Wall. It would be very interesting to see how the peace between the Wildings and Stannis' army/Night's Watch is handled. Seeing them put aside their differences and team up would be pretty bad ass. Lots of plotlines are finally coming together.

Ovid

I thinm Stannis won't last long. They way Melisandre looked manacing at Jon Snow. Something is gonna happen next season. Maybe the Lord of Light vs Old Gods fighting each other. Also seeing the Children of tr forest burning the wildling boy accompanying Bran Snow means they know the White Walkers arw coming and will stop them too. I get the sense the White Walkers and Lord Of Light are connected maybe
Jojen's death was foreshadowed back at Craster's Keep.

This shot is sooooo bad
jojendead6zkgy.gif
Lol, that was pretty terrible.

"HOLY SHIT Jon's hair color fits!"

Still don't know why Ned would lie to his wife about Jon being his bastard though.

I didn't even think of the hair, good one.

Robert Baratheon could have asked Ned to look after him and promise to keep his secret.

Maybe Robert and Ned's sis did the dirty, Robert goes off to fight the war and then Sis has the kid. Then Ned says it's his so he saves his sister from the shame and she can still be desirable to marry. This way Robert wouldn't even know about Jon and it would sort of make sense for honorable Ned Stark to have never really cheated on his wife.

NoTacos

Holy crap, totally did not expect the season to end on a good note. Its like everything has been reset. After seasons upon seasons of getting shit on, the "good" guys actually get a subtle victory! I'm starting to feel with old figures like Tywin, Mance, and Sandor out of the picture there will be huge opportunities for a power play now. I'm assuming Varys left because the assassination of Tywin would obviously lead back to him? (Even though he did not intend it.)

Also, I hope some of you caught what the 3 eyed raven/ old man in the forest said to Bran. He's not going to walk, he's going to fly. There's a damn dragon missing. I can't wait for season 5.

There's a lot of 'whores deserve to die' kind of talk going on in reaction to Tyrion killing Shae. Come on now. Let's not let a fantasy show have everyone leave their senses behind. Too many fucked up things getting said.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Am I the only one that literally shed a tear when Daenarys chained up the Dragons? That is some animal abuse shit!
I sure hope you were just as teary eyed when the man brought his dead daughters body to the temple.
I was completely pissed, hope they kill her
One of those animals were killing children and shit dudes. Jesus fucking Christ...

If one of your three pit bulls were attacking children would you not chain them the fuck up at the very least? It's not like she put spiked collars on them or some shit. They were just chains. She put them in a glorified dog house for god sakes. Oh the humanity!!!

I know people like to get real excited and emotional over animals but bring it down a notch, folks. Christ.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
one of the most respected and feared men in westeros died on the shitter with a whore in his bed.
Went out like a bitch just like his dear old dad he hated so much.

Yup, his pops was on his way up the steps to fuck one of his side pieces and he had a heart attack or something.

P-O-E-T-I-C

NolbertoS

I wonder if each season will be half a book from here on out.

Well, I read that the GOT show crew won't wait till GRRM finishes his final 2-3 books, so I expect them to take more creative liberties as rhe TV episodes start using all the books chapters until there is nothin left.

All the spoilers I knew about happened in this episode. I'm now in the clear. Hope I can stay that way.
Haha other than 2 people that I know will make it at least until book 5 is done, I'm in the same boat as you.

That Littlefinger speech is clearly trolling from the writers, basically explaining the ending.

There's a lot of 'whores deserve to die' kind of talk going on in reaction to Tyrion killing Shae. Come on now. Let's not let a fantasy show have everyone leave their senses behind. Too many fucked up things getting said.

This. Shae dying at Tyrion's hand was tragic, not a triumph. It's just that for Tyrion to be truly happy he'd have run off with her and he'd no longer have much to do in the show. You'll get more Tyrion, but he's worse off for it.

NoTacos

Maybe Robert and Ned's sis did the dirty, Robert goes off to fight the war and then Sis has the kid. Then Ned says it's his so he saves his sister from the shame and she can still be desirable to marry. This way Robert wouldn't even know about Jon and it would sort of make sense for honorable Ned Stark to have never really cheated on his wife.

But would a child born out of wedlock to a guy you're suppose to be marrying be that bad? It seems permissible given Robert's love for the woman. There's only one theory I've heard that really makes sense:
Rhaegar takes Lyanna because they were the ones doing the dirty deed. If Jon turned out to be Rhaegar's son, it would explain why Ned didn't tell Robert, because he would basically be sentencing his nephew aka the last living remnant of his beloved sister to death. The easiest way to explain a new baby stark at that time would be "I cheated on my wife while away on war" and voila, Jon is now a "bastard"

Also, we really need to pay attention to the writing, that Littlefinger speech is such a dead giveaway in retrospect.

I'd say Zombified mountain and Jon Snow can take her, but she is definitely top three.
I don't think Jon is that strong. He got beat by a tough killer from Kings Landing, and even stated that Robb was better than him. Robb didn't want to fight Jaime when he had his hands because he knew he would lose. From what I've seen, the Viper was the best one but now he's dead. At this point in time, Breanne and depending how the Mountain turns up, are the toughest fighters out there. Bronn probably shortly after,

I hope we get to see one or two awesome fighters introduced next season.

Ovid

I don't think Jon is that strong. He got beat by a tough killer from Kings Landing, and even stated that Robb was better than him. Robb didn't want to fight Jaime when he had his hands because he knew he would lose. From what I've seen, the Viper was the best one but now he's dead. At this point in time, Breanne and depending how the Mountain turns up, are the toughest fighters out there. Bronn probably shortly after,

I hope we get to see one or two awesome fighters introduced next season.
Speaking of The Mountain, what's up with his storyline? What do you guys think he's going to turn out to be?

Darryl

Banned
I think he realized king's landing was fucked and bailed.

So, why didn't Arya finish the Hound? Had she removed him from her list? Did he not deserve a quick death? Is this just open for interpretation?

i kinda thought that maybe she genuinely felt bad for the hound and respected what he did for her, so she decided to remove him from her list. because the hound was pleading his case about how he deserved her to kill him beforehand. so having removed him from the list, she decided she couldn't kill him and left him for something else to take him. so maybe it was a case of some really hard love.

That was a pretty great episode and definitely the show's best finale yet. Past finales have always been more quiet denouements to follow on their episode 9s, but this was one did a lot to shake things up:

--Stannis finally arriving in the north, possible alliance with Night's Watch and Wildlings
--Bran finally reaching the raven
--Arya going solo (though annoyed that we got fucked out of yet another easy Stark reunion)
--Brienne/Hound fight, Hound left to die (so there's still hope!)
--Tyrion escaping, killing Shae and oh shit Tywin too

I would have liked to see something from Sansa's subplot (can't believe I'm saying that), but overall this ep did a great of touching on nearly every major storyline and giving each a healthy amount of screentime and things to do.

Now begins another wait...

i agree, they left a lot of ends open. it's a great spot to leave us. really excited for the next season.

NoTacos

This. Shae dying at Tyrion's hand was tragic, not a triumph. It's just that for Tyrion to be truly happy he'd have run off with her and he'd no longer have much to do in the show. You'll get more Tyrion, but he's worse off for it.

It was pretty despicable of her to be in the bed of her former lover's father, who sentenced him to death, in the first place. I found that to be most heartbreaking for Tyrion.

On the upside, Jamie can be saved. His bromance with Tyrion had me giving infinite daps and shows how tough of a position he's in. On one hand he has his lustful lover/sister who completes him. On the other hand, he has his baby brother whose innocence was continually tarnished due to the circumstances of his birth, something he has always disagreed with. This show does not make decisions like this easy.

Beautiful finale. Can't wait for Arya to become Death incarnate and just wreck shit everywhere she goes.

I think you guys are going off the deep end with Jon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in season 1, Ned reminded Robert of Jon's mother's name, and it was not a familiar one. He may be special, as hinted by Melissandre's stare, but I do believe he is Ned's son.

You know what the irony of Cersei saying she'd admit to the whole world the truth and give up her house for ruins if she could just keep her son with her?

Had she taken Ned Stark's offer in the garden she'd have been able to keep all 3 children safe with her by going into exile. People want to call Ned Stark stupid, when actually it's the rest of the world that's stupid.

potam

Banned
Can anyone refresh me on Jaime's relationship with Tyrion in season 1? I remember in the premier, Jaime brings Tyrion the gang of whores as a sort of present/"let's speed through this" joke, but for some reason I always assumed he felt generally the same way about him as Cersei.

Have they always been bros and I just never noticed?

rando14

You know what the irony of Cersei saying she'd admit to the whole world the truth and give up her house for ruins if she could just keep her son with her?

Had she taken Ned Stark's offer in the garden she'd have been able to keep all 3 children safe with her by going into exile. People want to call Ned Stark stupid, when actually it's the rest of the world that's stupid.

Hahaha I guess in comparison Ned got off easy, seems like everyone else has suffered much more

Darryl

Banned
Beautiful finale. Can't wait for Arya to become Death incarnate and just wreck shit everywhere she goes.

I think you guys are going off the deep end with Jon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in season 1, Ned reminded Robert of Jon's mother's name, and it was not a familiar one. He may be special, as hinted by Melissandre's stare, but I do believe he is Ned's son.

stark children are obviously special, look at the crazy that is bran. look at where the season finale ended with him. i think some people are jumping off the deep end here with their speculation

Sajjaja

Can anyone refresh me on Jaime's relationship with Tyrion in season 1? I remember in the premier, Jaime brings Tyrion the gang of whores as a sort of present/"let's speed through this" joke, but for some reason I always assumed he felt generally the same way about him as Cersei.

Have they always been bros and I just never noticed?

They've been bros. They ate together and talked with each other at Winterfell. Though I don't think we really saw the warmth between the two until this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom