• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So he's LeBron now?
iQIPp9Aldh3Km.gif

Nice to see the good guys get some victories after Mountain crushed Oberyn's face in, Cersei being smug about it and the Kings winning the Stanley Cup. Talk about some dark stuff.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So in GoT, If your taking a shit or getting married on screen, you're pretty much fucked. Am I right?
No. As Little Finger has already stated in so many words: You're just about fucked anywhere.

No place is safe from death, the one true god. Fuck the lord of light.

Great finale. I guess "farewell" was the theme of the episode?

Sad about Dany imprisoning her dragons. Free the humans but imprison, essentially, your children. Drogon needs to keep it together. I hope they dont kill the dragons.

I really am sad about the Hound. Poor guy. I really felt bad for him at the end.

Ugh another excruciating year long wait for season 5. Ughhh.

Fuck the Mountain and his ass surviving. Fucking bullshit.

Bran's story just leveled up to 99. max stats.

holy fuck.

lol at the dick kick then the hound performing the vag kick

but omg bran

"you will never walk again, but you will fly"

hollllyyyyyyyfffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😍

I guess I got that right. Tyrion got his revenge on his father and doesn't have to hear any of his shit anymore. He could have been that oblivious to what was going on with his eldest children, could he?

No matter how much we want it, there are no heroes on the antagonist side of things. Even Tyrion did a bad thing in killing his "whore" wife via strangulation.

We've still got to place are bets on Dany, Arya, Jon, or Darth Sansa to come out alive.

Btw, I'd let another redhead, this time Melisandre, corrupt me if I was Jon Snow. ;)

The synchronicity of the opening attack was great and so was when Davos and Stannis got of their horses and started walking. So much for people thinking we were done with what was going on with the wall. We started off with that as if it was a sequel.

The attack with skeletons was amazing. How much does this show cost?

terrene

Banned
I sure hope you were just as teary eyed when the man brought his dead daughters body to the temple. One of those animals were killing children and shit dudes. Jesus fucking Christ...

If one of your three pit bulls were attacking children would you not chain them the fuck up at the very least? It's not like she put spiked collars on them or some shit. They were just chains. She put them in a glorified dog house for god sakes. Oh the humanity!!!

I know people like to get real excited and emotional over animals but bring it down a notch, folks. Christ.
How about you bring it down a notch. It's literally a show about moral ambiguity. So some contextless scene with a dead kid might not have had the same emotional impact as the dragon chaining scene that has been built to for 4 seasons. That's pretty understandable.

Raynes

Great finale. I guess "farewell" was the theme of the episode?

Sad about Dany imprisoning her dragons. Free the humans but imprison, essentially, your children. Drogon needs to keep it together. I hope they dont kill the dragons.

I really am sad about the Hound. Poor guy. I really felt bad for him at the end.

Ugh another excruciating year long wait for season 5. Ughhh.

Fuck the Mountain and his ass surviving. Fucking bullshit.

Lol there is someone out there that feels sympathy for Daenerys...

imtehman

Banned
Still can't get over Arya leaving this dude the Hound to die after running his pockets. She a savage, bruh.

she did exactly what the hound did to that one villager. All it means is that Arya is going to be a survivor since she is learning what the hound taught her

Madrin

That was the best season finale yet! Just enough closure on the multiple storylines to feel satisfying.

Tywin was my favorite character so I hate to see him go, but watching Tyrion get his revenge made it worthwhile. I wish Cersei would die already. I was actually expecting Tyrion to walk in on Cersei in bed and was extremely disappointed when I realized it was Tywin's quarters. Tyrion killing Cersei would have been way more gratifying.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Pretty great ep. Had some "closure" for everybody. Jon Snow looks to be fucked though, considering he's a bastard and the last one by Stannis was going to bled dry by Melissandre. His mom was a royal one for sure.

I'm pretty excited about Aria going to Bravos though. That shoukd have some awesome stories behind it. This show is so fun because if keeps evolving. No one character arc lasts forever, except for Tyrion. Live!

Holy crap, totally did not expect the season to end on a good note. Its like everything has been reset. After seasons upon seasons of getting shit on, the "good" guys actually get a subtle victory! I'm starting to feel with old figures like Tywin, Mance, and Sandor out of the picture there will be huge opportunities for a power play now. I'm assuming Varys left because the assassination of Tywin would obviously lead back to him? (Even though he did not intend it.)

Also, I hope some of you caught what the 3 eyed raven/ old man in the forest said to Bran. He's not going to walk, he's going to fly. There's a damn dragon missing. I can't wait for season 5.

If Bran and the dragon's story line become intertwined, I will lose it. Seems like all the Stark's are looking up in life too, which is a long time coming

I already wasn't a huge fan of Dany, but seeing how she has little control of her dragons has made her completely uninteresting. She better learn to command them, or die already. And unfortunately, I think she is going to live for a long time. Why hasn't she asked the simple question yet---how the Hell did Aegon the Conqueror tame and control his dragon that was the size of a damn castle? It has to be doable.

Pretty great ep. Had some "closure" for everybody. Jon Snow looks to be fucked though, considering he's a bastard and the last one by Stannis was going to bled dry by Melissandre. His mom was a royal one for sure.
If he ends up with King's blood, I bet it is because he has Targaryen blood in him. I still hold the theory his mother is Ned's sister.

I guess this is the first step where Arya turns into a stole cold heartless monster?

Lol there is someone out there that feels sympathy for Daenerys...

No I mean I felt bad for the Dragons. Punish the black one, the one thats out of control. Not the cute 2 that are always playing with each other.

Dany knows she fucked up with how she handled this city. Im eager to see how, if at all, she can turn it around.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
That's pretty understandable.
Not really. It's pretty damn illogical. She did what any sensible animal owner would do if they feared their animals would harm people.

Wishing her death because of that is just illogical. Yes, even after 4 seasons of seeing the cool Dragons. It's an illogical way of feeling. Sorry.

potam

Banned
Still can't get over Arya leaving this dude the Hound to die after running his pockets. She a savage, bruh.

He was on her list to die. He was dying and begging to be put out of his misery, so Arya exacted her revenge the only way she could: let him slowly die rather than kill him herself.

The Hound talking about killing her friend and wanting to rape her sister thinking it would make her want to kill him, when in reality it reminded her what a miserable, terrible person he was and he did my deserve the favor of dying a quick death.

I'm expecting a crazy finale with a huge and unexpected death and a few lesser deaths mixed in. The Hound has got to be wimpering by this point, and I think his girl Arya is either gonna mercifully put him down (and strike his name off her to-kill list) or leave him to rot. Tyrian is up for execution, so he's the most obvious candidate for death. I can't imagine what could save him right now short of Tywin being replaced/murdered and a regime change occuring... I know next week's episode is 66 minutes, but that hardly seems like enough time for those things to occur.

The Hound is on Arya's list. Ever since she said it in front of him, I've expected her to be the one to kill him, and this would seem to be an appropriate way of doing it since they seem to have developed a friendship.

Or maybe she still harbours ill will towards him and will leave him to suffer a long and painful death?

What the fuck? WHY?

most depressing icalledit.gif ever. I thought Tywin might die, but notlikethis

great episode

Now I'd say Jon and Bran's storylines are the most interesting. I'm eager to see what happens with Jon and the rest of the free folk.

Would be wise if Stannis could bring them into his fold and march towards Kings Landing with fucking Giants and Mammoths.

And man I really wanna see how Bran will "fly".

Speculation for next season:
Next book is called "A Feast for Crows". I'm speculating that either the Nights Watch become extremely powerful or an incredible amount of people will die from war, more than they already have been.

tauroxd

how far are they into the books? I found this season lacking compared to the others.

This season pretty much covered book 3... some little things of book 3 are going to season 5, but at the same time they went in this season pretty far into some storylines from book 4 and 5 and some speculations (I assume) into book 6.

There is no one left in King's Landing who can pull my heartstrings now. Tyrion was the one I was most afraid for and him being whisked away was incredibly satisfying. I see nothing but good times ahead in The Adventures of The Imp and the Eunuch. There's nothing interesting left in KL apart from Jaime. Joffrey is dead, Tywin is dead, Littlefinger and Sansa are gone, Oberyn got KO'd, Varys is gone and so is Tyrion. Speaking of which, Tyrion is sooo dead if he ever sets foot in KL again. Sail far my friend. Sail far, far away.

Jaime has completely redeemed himself by letting Tyrion escape. I still like him despite him being an incestuous dickhole, so I hope he doesn't get blamed for the death of Tywin and Tyrion's escape. But since Tywin is dead and there are no other thunderous cuntlords in KL, I doubt if his life is in danger. I simply fail to see where Jaime/Cersei/Tommen arc is heading. The only slightly interesting thing going on in KL is zombie mountain. I wonder what that's about.

Although it's nitpicking, but I find it strange how Jaime helped Tyrion escape. When Tyrion was first thrown in the dungeon, he specifically asked Jaime to help him escape, and Jaime said it's impossible because of the guards and such. Now Tyrion, the highest profile prisoner in Westeros, is walking around the halls of the red keep with a crossbow and laying down fools. Shouldn't the hand or his chambers have a few guards posted? Tyrion wallhacking was also sort of questionable.

Jon Snow sticking up for Mance Rayder was cool to watch. It's one thing Starks were and are always good at, honor. Hopefully Stannis, Night's Watch and Mance's army join hands and go Braveheart on the White Walker army. Jon Snow's luck that he only gets gingers. Red lady is going to do something with him, since she's interested in King's blood lineage and all that nonsense. Hopefully Jon learned his lesson by now and remembers to keep his dick in his pants.

Hail the one true queen #QueenMargery!

The Hound talking about killing her friend and wanting to rape her sister thinking it would make her want to kill him, when in reality it reminded her what a miserable, terrible person he was and he did my deserve the favor of dying a quick death.
The Hound and Ayra were the most disappointing part of this finale for me---mostly how those two ended. Her being dead quiet and saying just about nothing, while staring past the camera at him was...I dunno. I didn't like it. It dragged on waaaay too long. And they seemed to be trying far too hard to make that moment very, very vague. I don't think she was leaving him there to exact any sort of revenge. I think it was very telling that he was the first one on her list she didn't kill. It wasn't about merciful death to me, but simply she grew to like him too much to kill him. So she left him there. And I'm confident he isn't dead. He is too close to the Vale. Or Brienne stumbles on him and patches him up.

Now I'd say Jon and Bran's storylines are the most interesting. I'm eager to see what happens with Jon and the rest of the free folk.

Would be wise if Stannis could bring them into his fold and march towards Kings Landing with fucking Giants and Mammoths.

And man I really wanna see how Bran will "fly".

Speculation for next season:
Next book is called "A Feast for Crows". I'm speculating that either the Nights Watch become extremely powerful or an incredible amount of people will die from war, more than they already have been.
The problem now is....there are far less people in King's Landing for me to hate. Therefore, I really don't want to see the place get attacked. The "Game of Thrones" has officially become the least interesting part of the show now.

Honestly, the only bit of clarification that they skipped over (and which would have explained Jaime's sudden turnabout regarding freeing Tyrion) is precisely why, in the books, he said he freed Tyrion.

Just so people won't have to google it...
Jaime felt bad about lying to Tyrion about the peasant girl who had loved Tyrion so long ago. Also helps explain the rage that drove him to do something he probably shouldn't have (killing Tywin/Shae) instead of straight up escaping
(Mods, please don't kill me. This part was tied in with the scene that had already played out in the TV show, so I figured it was ok. Will remove if it's not).

Didnt the Hound save Sansa from getting gangraped?

I felt so bad for him :(

Josh5890

Great finale. Now for the wait. I hope Best Buy changes up the blu ray covers for this season and not recycle the old houses as they did in season 3.

Angry Fork

1. The Hound =( Sad to see him go in such a state. Arya was cold, but I get it. I'm still on her side, so proud of her.

2. And motherfucking bravo to tyrion. Goddamn. I honestly thought Shay was threatened to say those things about Tyrion, or I thought maybe they told her they would save his life if she complied. But turns out she actually is a traitor, how tragic.

3. Hopefully the dragons kill Danaerys ASAP next season. So fucking tired of this annoying moron.

4. I thought the skeleton fight was really dumb and random, along with the hadouken bombs the lord of the flies girl was throwing. But if it means more of the harry potter kids get to die then I'm all for it. I really don't care about Bran and his clan at all.

5. I'm pretty surprised to find that Varys was loyal to Tyrion. I hope his motivations are more fleshed out/revealed next season, because it's hard to know where he's coming from. I've always thought he and little finger were 2 sides of the same coin but I get the impression he's more on the 'good' side now, whatever that means in this story's context.

Return of the Legend!

Q2H7NMb.jpg

Really really hope he shape shifts back into this guy. This actor just fucking nailed it and I want him back so bad.

Honestly, the only bit of clarification that they skipped over (and which would have explained Jaime's sudden turnabout regarding freeing Tyrion) is precisely why, in the books, he said he freed Tyrion.

Just so people won't have to google it...
Jaime felt bad about lying to Tyrion about the peasant girl who had loved Tyrion so long ago. Also helps explain the rage that drove him to do something he probably shouldn't have (killing Tywin/Shae) instead of straight up escaping
(Mods, please don't kill me. This part was tied in with the scene that had already played out in the TV show, so I figured it was ok. Will remove if it's not).

I wish this was included in the show, without it Jaime and Tyrion's motivations for what they did aren't as interesting. It all comes back to what you spoiler tagged, which has haunted Tyrion all his life.

BTM

I am speechless. What a way to end the season.

Anyone else do some fist pumps when Jamie showed up to save his bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom