• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

No one talking about how badass Varys is. I knew he wouldn't betray Tyrion. His testimony during Tyrion's trial left me bitter but he came through at the end

Varys knows every corner and hidden passageway of the castle. Tywin's dead body close to Shae's and Tyrion missing from his cell all points to Tyrion killing Tywin and Varys helping him do it.

Also i guess the bells ringing was due to them finding Tywin's body? He knew shit was about to get nasty up in that castle, so he left.

I LOVED this shot of the fireball being reflected in Jojen's eyes before it incinerates him...

c30DgXC.jpg

He would likely be a high priority suspect in Tywin's murder.

that shot of the fireballs in his dying eyes = super pretty *___*

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Absolutely loved this episode, everybody's stories moved on leaps and bounds.
Bran actually doing something, the war with the wildlings ending, Stannis getting his army and helping ou beyond the wall. the hound v Brienne fight was amazing. Tywin getting the shit knocked out of him. all glorious

Two minor complaints. I don't really see why the mountain got any screen time, the fuck is he going to turn into?
I don't really like what theyre doing to Arya either. That shit was fucking cold, really surprised she didn't put the hound out of his misery

why did he have to leave???? somebody please explain.

Because now Tywin is dead the on in control is Cersei and there is nobody that can check her. She's obviously two blocks away from Jenga and kings landing being under her control will be utter chaos. That and she'd immediately suspect Varys in helping Tyrion escape so he would die pretty quick

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Because now Tywin is dead the on in control is Cersei and there is nobody that can check her. She's obviously two blocks away from Jenga and kings landing being under her control will be utter chaos. That and she'd immediately suspect Varys in helping Tyrion escape so he would die pretty quick

Cersei also proved if she wants you dead, you're dead regardless if you did something or not.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
i has puppies. they were crate-trained and now they are properly house-broken. but if one of them makes a mistake, i dont punish the other one, cuz that's kind of derp. idk. they copy / learn from each other, dogs, or my dogs do anyway, so if the one that is displaying good behaviour is rewarded (i.e. not punished), the other one would pick up on the behaviour.

it was SUPER hard to watch Dany chain up those (imaginary) pets ;___;

and yeah, lol, sure, being a just ruler is not a walk in the park. what did she expect. silly dragonmama.

.... still at dany's camp though. for now :3

It's not like they just pissed on the rug or something, one of them BURNED A LITTLE 3 YEAR-OLD GIRL TO DEATH. When it comes to burning babies, you've got to nip that shit in the bud.

The forest child moved really strangely. On closer inspection it looks like her head is pasted on to another (or even a CG) actor. Probably to help the proportions look "right" for the strange creatures that they are. Like putting Captain America's head on the tiny dude in his first film.

It's not like they just pissed on the rug or something, one of them BURNED A LITTLE 3 YEAR-OLD GIRL TO DEATH. When it comes to burning babies, you've got to nip that shit in the bud.

nip in the bud??? they are dragons? you chain them and you will see how they will resent your rule.

if she really wants to nip it in the bud, she should kill them, breh

Philippo

Wow, what a fucking episode.
Best of the season and probably even more.
-Loved the CGI skeletons, and also like the most fantasy elements of the show.
-Never doubt Stannis the Mannis, only true King
-Melisandre looking at Jon, shitstorm incoming!
-Bran moments were really cool, opens a lot of questions for the future
-Dany... meh, i could barely feel her pain in sealing the dragons. Wise move, but she'll probably never use them in battle from now on
-Arya's rise to ultimate avenger begins! Sad for Sandor, not for his death but because he was left like that, felt a bit anticlimatic. And Brienne is a fucking beast!
-Tyrion, you know i spent the last two years convinced that he would die killing his father because i read a spoiler, you can only immagine my face when that didn't turn out to ne true. Life is beautiful again!
- Last but not least, farewell Tywin, you were the true King Behind the Curtains (new title made by me) and the ultimate nadass in the Seven Kingdoms. the show won't be the same without you.

Easily the best season of the series, next 10 months of wait will be unbearable.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So predictions for next season
-Kings landing will become a war ground between Cersei and Margarey, with poor Tommen being fucked over in the process. I'm expecting a new player thats like Littlefinger to come into it to help fill the void left by no Tywin and Varys but its not even been alluded to who it might be. Maybe Littlefinger will come back? But I dont see why he would
-Stannis will stay at the wall for a bit and clear up the wildlings then head south to fuck over Bolton as a kind of thank you for what Ned did, then continue his march south to Kings Landing fucking over everyone that he likes
-Bran is going to spout wings? I don't know. I don't see him warging with the dragons though. They're fucking miles away how would it even come about?
-Jon Snow will become commander of the wall. I kind of thought he'd leave to become head of the Starks but even if he wasn't a bastard his oath means he has no right to winterfell anyway. Melisandre will seduce him too. That was some conniving stare shit right there

No idea what Varys and Tyrion will do. I'm assuming one or both of their paths will cross with Arya for a bit but I can't see much overlap at all. I'm guessing that there will be more interaction with Dany but why Tyrion would have any involvement with her idk. He had power and money in Kings Landing but where he is now means he would have nothing and would have to avoid detection or Cersei would have assassins after him almost immediately. Maybe he'll open a whorehouse and settle down

Dany haters need to be patient, she's learning how to rule and how to deal with her grown up dragons.

The skeletons were epic!

Will miss Shae and Tywin, but they had it coming lol.

I like that Cersei finally stood up for herself against her father, but she's still a bitch.

The Bryanne and the hound scenes were insane!

Arya's a little badass as always, that tune at the end was amazing!

girnzw.gif

This is how i saw that scene

This is exactly how I interpreted that scene lol.

PaineReign

Neo Member
Perhaps the mostly subtly impactful moment of the entire episode - Dany locking up her dragons. For someone fighting slavery, she is forced to place her dragons in chains. Beautiful.

Matt_

Is Alliser Thorne dead? Put him on my list of, if they don't die on screen then they aren't dead, along with the Hound and Syrio

Nah not dead, they would have showed his face in the burning scene if he was
Probably on deaths door though

Moaradin

Loved that episode. Best season finale yet. All the other season finales have been pretty quiet and mostly dealt with the aftermath of episode 9. This one pushed all the storylines in interesting directions.

Matt_

So since Varys got on that boat I guess that means he didnt get a chance to take anything with him?

So he has no money? Nothing?

Varys has power and his little birds over the entire world, he isn't just limited to Kings Landing. He'll do just fine with whatever he decides to do

Siegcram

So what the hell were those skeleton things anyway? Were they wights? or something else?
I'd go with old-ass wights. Only the skeletons left.

But after that kid casually throwing fireballs I guess some old-school necromancy isn't out of the question.

CLEEK

That was incredible. Best season ending so far.

Fuck yeah Stannis. Only took you an entire fucking season, but you did it.

My wife and I just looked at each other with an 'uh oh' face when Melisandre eyed up Jon. If history repeats itself, ay least he'll get to see a sweet rack just before he dies. Gingers will be the death of him.

Arya is a stone cold motherfucker, and I love her for it. The Hound's death is the only one in the entire program that has upset me. In a show that doesn't skimp on gore, his fight with Breanne was brutal and glorious.

Braag

I'd go with old-ass wights. Only the skeletons left.

But after that kid casually throwing fireballs I guess some old-school necromancy isn't out of the question.

I guess we'll have to wait till S5 to be sure. But I also thought they are wights which have only their skeleton left.
And that old guy... who's he?
Bran's storyline got all crazy suddenly and ended with so many questions.

I almost forgot, what the hell is going to happen to the mountain, he said it would change him for sure.

I really wish the poison would have killed him :/
Oberyn's little revenge.

aravuus

girnzw.gif

This is how i saw that scene

Haha, loved this part

And absolutely adored the whole episode, so goddamn good I can't even contain myself.

By far my favorite season, this show just keeps on getting better. I literally can't wait for the next season, I have to start reading the books asap.

Dash27

10 months? Gaw. I need a new show then to hold me over.

So a bunch of characters that I like actually survived the whole season! Will be interesting to see how Tyrion's actions change his relationships with his siblings. Tywin was a huge prick but he ran the show for the family. Next to him, all the kids and grandkids (king or not) seem very weak.

plainr_

#fuckyeahstarks! Goth Sansa is best Sansa, Ayra is a cold blooded badass, and Bran got the gameshark cheat codes. Dude going max stats, one hit one kill, infinite health next season for sure.

Also, fuck you Shae. Damn did you look good in that scene though.

Spineker

Banned
This fucking show, man. Just when I think it couldn't get any better, it surpasses my expectations yet again. Fuck this 10 month wait. Fuck it right to hell.

- I am interested in seeing where the Wall arc goes from here. The unification of it with Stannis is going to make things very interesting.

- Very surprised by Arya's coldness towards Sandor. Just when you think they're starting to develop a bond, her hate for him bubbled back to the surface and manifested itself. R.I.P The Hound.

- Speaking of Arya, she is bound for Braavos. Finally. How awesome is that. Will she be taught by Jaqen? Or will it turn out Syrio Forel told the God of Death "not today"? Valar Morghulis.

- Tywin is dead. Killed in the most unhonorable way possible mere days after learning his son and daughter have been fucking for years right under his nose. He was a great strategist and master of the game but he ultimately got what he deserved. As did Shae. I never hated her more than when Tyrion discovered her in Tywins bed. How much more could Tywin possibly torture Tyrion?

- Varys has had a very small role in this season but he chimes in at the last minute with the ultimate bro move, smuggling Tyrion out of Kings Landing, as did Jaime (his moment with Tyrion was one of the best of the season, by far). When Varys turned around and heard the bells tolling for Tywin, he knew his days in Kings Landing were over. Looks like him and Tyrion are a new duo to replace Arya and Hound.

- Dany sealing the Dragons away....I knew what the moment was meant to be, but the acting of Dany's actress just ruined it. Way too overacted and dramatic.

I really can't wait until next year. This is probably my favorite show ever on television. Take a bow, HBO.

-

pringles

That episode... wow. This season has been crazy good and what a way to wrap up the season. One of the top episodes of the show for sure.

The Hound :-( I was scared him and Brienne would be unable to talk and realize they're pretty much on the same side.. awesome fight though and it definitely pushed Arya's storyline into an even more interesting direction. Instead of being 'protected' by The Hound or Brienne she's now on her own and I'm very excited to see what happens to her going forward.

Tyrion is just bad ass. I had convinced myself he was going to be executed and I'm so glad it didn't happen. It was heartbreaking to see that Shae had completely betrayed him, she got what she deserved. And Tywin.. fitting end. Now King's Landing will be a woman vs. woman battle between Cersei and Margaery. Tommen will be in the middle. I hope Varys leaving clears Jaime of any suspicion.

Jon Snow has gone through an amazing transformation imo. Really like the journey he's on.

The wait for Season 5 will be awful, but the finale was so good and so satisfying that it's not as bad as it could have been. There's no huge cliffhangers at least.

Vashetti

Banned
Dat everything!

Brienne/Sandor fight was savage.

Entire Bran sequence was insane. Poor Jojen :(

Shae/Tywin double whammy!

Only thing missing was a brief follow-up on Baelish and Sansa. All the other Stark kids got an "ending". (lol Rickon who?)

mdubs

Banned
A few questions...

1. Why was Stannis in the North? I missed the pre-show recap. I thought once he got his gold from the Iron bank, he's take Kings Landing ASAP and claim his crown.

Because he and Melisandre saw it in the flames that the Lord of Light was telling them to go north to where the real battle is.

Braag

Tywin was a huge prick but he ran the show for the family. Next to him, all the kids and grandkids (king or not) seem very weak.

Exactly. He was the real power behind the Lannisters. Without his leadership I wonder what will happen to them now.

Dash27

Speaking of Stanos, what was his motivation to save the wall? Was the fire witch chick behind that I assume? Some sort of Fire God vrs Cold God White Walker deal?

Qurupeke

God damn it, what an episode!!! I expected to like the Tyrion scenes more but after the Bran, Stannis and Arya stuff... Bye Hound, bye Jojen....

Macka

I love the irony of the Breaker of Chains having to chain up her Dragons.

Also, Tywin Lannister died with no real legacy. His gold is all but gone. All of his heirs are born of incest, and he was murdered by his Dwarf son while on the toilet. Fitting end for his character though, dying in an embarrassing way like his father before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom