• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man, cant wait to a terrific arc of wit banter between varys and tyrion

i think the hound somehow lives too. i hope so :< maybe he runs across beric and bro up with them. idk.

... its been ....3 hours since i saw that finale and i wants more of GoT already lol

ten months will be rough :<

Dennis

Banned
Surely they could do 12 episodes. Just add in more talky indoors scenes. People like character development and you could flesh them out more.

Sets, costumes, all there. Write some more lines and let the actors work for their money.

NolbertoS

i interpreted that scene as Varys guarding the crate to make sure Tyrion would be alright.

Nah, Varys was escaping because of Tyrion. If you see that scene again. You can see tellling the Captain yo watch over the crate or something and as he's walking back to the castle, and hears the bells, his expression changes to disbelief. He flees, knowing that if ge returns, he'll be a suspect in yhe death of the hand and escape of tyrion.

Blader

I think I missed something, but is there an important implication for Arya going to Braavos? Isn't that just where the Iron Bank is? What's the connection between them and Jaqen's coin?

E92 M3

oh man, cant wait to a terrific arc of wit banter between varys and tyrion

i think the hound somehow lives too. i hope so :< maybe he runs across beric and bro up with them. idk.

... its been ....3 hours since i saw that finale and i wants more of GoT already lol

ten months will be rough :<

It's why I might just read the books. There are so many cool adventures awaiting. Wonder if I can read and still enjoy the show in ten months.

Spineker

Banned
I think I missed something, but is there an important implication for Arya going to Braavos? Isn't that just where the Iron Bank is? What's the connection between them and Jaqen's coin?

No connection. She is going to Braavos with the specific intent of finding Jaqen and have him teach her to be a faceless man (or in this case, woman), otherwise known as a Braavosi assassins.

Her arc can only be leading one way: She's going to return to Westeros a full blown Braavosi trained Assassin and use her skills to kill the people on her list.

NolbertoS

Jaqen told Arya where to find him. He told her if he ever needed to find him again, show the coin to a braavosi with the words. "Valis something" and they'll take her to Braavos and where the Guild of Assassins is located or something. Arya going to Braavos, means she's know going to learn how to properly fight and kill people. She has a huge list to cross off.

Implication is she is going to Braavos to train as an assassin.

Yeah, Kings Landing doesnt feel interesting now with Joffrey and Tywin gone.

I guess the next group of people I dont like are the Boltons. Maybe Stannis can free the North? Jon Snow the next warden?

Bolton and Frey still need to get theirs. The gods don't take lightly to those who kill at a wedding.

Siegcram

Jaqen's Assassins guild, The Faceless Men are also stationed in Braavos.

And judging from the captains reaction to the coin, they have quite a bit of influence there.

If Arya is gonna join them I'm gonna be so happy :)

kiguel182

I'm torn between reading the books or waiting. I assume this season is the ending of the third one so it's easy to pick up from there.

On the other hand, I like the show as a TV show and I don't know if I'll enjoy it more than reading them.

But I want to know what happens next. Dammit.

I will cry if Jon Snow stays another minute at Castle Black in the next season.

We have covered every corner of that damn place, time for Snow to spread his wings.

edit: Also it's a shame how the show has tarnished Shae's name. She didn't deserve to become a one-dimensional asshole who sleeps with Tyrion's father. #teamshaeforever
Yes, I too hate it when whores get tarnished for being whores.

As well done as this show is, the scene where that Warg kid is getting stabbed by the skeleton repeatedly is just comical.

She's is going to the Assassins Guild.

Blader

ah, ok. I guess I forgot that Jaqen's people were headquartered in Braavos and just thought the city's only importance to the story was the Iron Bank.

I'm torn between reading the books or waiting. I assume this season is the ending of the third one so it's easy to pick up from there.

On the other hand, I like the show as a TV show and I don't know if I'll enjoy it more than reading them.

But I want to know what happens next. Dammit.

Book talk isn't allowed here, but it's not as clean as that from what I've been told (I've not read the books).

There's still a piece of book 3 left untold, and this season also pulled in events from book 4 and 5.

NolbertoS

ah, ok. I guess I forgot that Jaqen's people were headquartered in Braavos and just thought the city's only importance to the story was the Iron Bank.

Well put it this way, who would the Iron Bank pay to watch over there gold or collect debt, but Assassins, Ninja's, pirates and other experts of deaths. The Bank and Guild are probably related with the Guild seens as repo men, except they come to claim your life for defaulting on a payment.

Spineker

Banned
Well put it this way, who would the Iron Bank pay to watch over there gold or collect debt, but Assassins, Ninja's, pirates and other experts of deaths. The Bank and Guild are probably related with the Guild seens as repo men, except they come to claim your life for defaulting on a payment.

I don't know if that's true. Jaqen came across as particularly religious when speaking to Arya. He mentions the Red God a lot.

No it's not. They are basically on opposite sides of Essos.

"Very close" was the wrong choice of wording. The intro to the show suggests they're closer than what the actual map implies.

Bolton and Frey still need to get theirs. The gods don't take lightly to those who kill at a wedding.

Yeah definitely. With Joffrey getting his so early, I thought theyd get killed this season. But theres still like 4 books left for those two to get theirs.

I wonder if theres any chance for Theon to get his senses back. If it was a hollywood film, hed start feeling nostalgic in Winterfell and remember who he is and kill Ramsay. But in reality, hes probably going to die pathetically as Meek.

Siegcram

Well, I just ordered books 3, 4 and 5.
Guess I'm gonna spend season 5 in the readers OT, only to find out that the rest of the books are never coming out and the story gets finished on air.
only half kidding

Fun fact: Braavos is also very close to Mereen, where Dany is located.

dem facts

westeros.jpg

Zoon

The fact that this old gandalf dude told Bran that he will fly and Dany losing her big dragon can't be a coincidence right? Someone even told her that some sailors saw the dragon.Could that imply that he is getting past the sea?

E92 M3

I think reading the books is going to enhance my enjoyment of the show.

That's what I'm counting on. Will probably start with book 2.

How many more books are left for the story to end?

The fact that this old gandalf dude told Bran that he will fly and Dany losing her big dragon can't be a coincidence right? Someone even told her that some sailors saw the dragon.Could that imply that he is getting past the sea?

At this point I am expecting some kind of linkage between Bran and Drogo.

Leunam

As boring as Daenerys is, the bit about the dragons is still pretty interesting. It was actually kind of sad watching her have to lock up the dragons like that seemingly because of how uncontrollable Drogon has become.

And The Mountain is totally coming back as a zombie Mountain right? That new Maester seems sketchy as fuck and he implied he wouldn't be normal if he was cured.

zsswimmer

Well, I just ordered books 3, 4 and 5.
Guess I'm gonna spend season 5 in the readers OT, only to find out that the rest of the books are never coming out and the story gets finished on air.
only half kidding

Dont worry, the books are amazing, you are in for a treat ;)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's pretty crazy that all the major players of King's Landing are gone: Tywin, Tyrion, Littlefinger, and Varys. Who's gonna be the new hand of the king? Pycelle or Mace? Gonna be interesting to see how all that plays out, Tommen's kinda screwed.

Real Hero

Were Oberyn and his Lady from Braavos ? And is this where Cersei's daughters are ? And are Tyrion and Varys headed there also ?
Nah, you are thinking of Dorne for where Oberyn is from and where Cersei's daughter is. If you look on the map further up the page it the area at the bottom of Westeros.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
That's what I'm counting on. Will probably start with book 2.

How many more books are left for the story to end?

At this point I am expecting some kind of linkage between Bran and Drogo.

Having read book 1 and half of 2 I at least think book 1 is fairly skippable. Might be little bits here and there but for the most parrt book 1 and season 1 are identical.

Really really tempted to pick up from where I left off now...

EDIT: Haven't thrown in my 2 cents about the episode yet.
IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

Tyrion and Twyin I knew was coming because that's on the back of the next book (seriously why put such big spoilers on the fucking cover of a book?) But I still got super excited when Tyrion turned from those stairs.

It's why I might just read the books. There are so many cool adventures awaiting. Wonder if I can read and still enjoy the show in ten months.

I was a book reader, up to book 3, but now the show's ahead of me, and im happy cuz the book was wordswordswordswords.

The show cut away a lot of the draggy parts \o/

Idk. I dont think he will be dragon-warging any time soon. If I get the 'feels' right, Dany (and her dragons) will take forever and a half to get to Westeros. I might be wrong though, but originally when I got into this series, I was totes expecting a huge head on fights between the Starks, the Baratheons, the Lannisters and the Targaryen. So far the Starks have been knobheaded fools that got themselves into a variety of unfortunate demises, the Lannisters are fighting themselves, Dany's busy playing Judge Judy in a pyramid and the Baratheons is .... mostly Stannis - who takes forever to do anything.

In short, I was very confused why things went the way things went.

Anyway. my point is that I dont think Dany's dragons can cross the seas without her. And I think warging has a wi-fi radius. Maybe Im wrong though. I think Bran will be able to command crows, tho. And thats how he'll "fly"

As well done as this show is, the scene where that Warg kid is getting stabbed by the skeleton repeatedly is just comical.

She's is going to the Assassins Guild.

Yeah, that stabbity bit was kind of hilar :D

AND YAY ASSASSINS (creed)

I miss Jaqen, but I hope it wont be the weird actor.... maybe they will bring someone new to play him properly (or even better the first actor <3)? ;___; a girl can dream~

It's pretty crazy that all the major players of King's Landing are gone: Tywin, Tyrion, Littlefinger, and Varys. Who's gonna be the new hand of the king? Pycelle or Mac? Gonna be interesting to see how all that plays out, Tommen's kinda screwed.

Olenna for President \o/

I think the Tyrells will dominate King's Landing in the new arc, with Marge and Olenna now the major players. The others that remain is in Cersei's faction, Pycelle and the pyromancer dude. Ellaria's still there? I guess? Idk.

Maybe Dorne will send new Martells? Cuz technically Oberyn died whilst still holding a seat at the Small Council. It'll be interesting to see how this new dynamic plays out.

E92 M3

Having read book 1 and half of 2 I at least think book 1 is fairly skippable. Might be little bits here and there but for the most parrt book 1 and season 1 are identical.

Really really tempted to pick up from where I left off now...

EDIT: Haven't thrown in my 2 cents about the episode yet.
IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

Tyrion and Twyin I knew was coming because that's on the back of the next book (seriously why put such big spoilers on the fucking cover of a book?) But I still got super excited when Tyrion turned from those stairs.

I will start from book 2 and since Martin will not release the 6th book anytime soon - finish of the series with the show.

LNBL

I will start from book 2 and since Martin will not release the 6th book anytime soon - finish of the series with the show.

I did the same, currently at book 4. You'll probably end up googling the actors of certain characters just to match the faces with the names. But it's perfectly do-able

Olenna for President \o/

I think the Tyrells will dominate King's Landing in the new arc, with Marge and Olenna now the major players. The others that remain is in Cersei's faction, Pycelle and the pyromancer dude. Ellaria's still there? I guess? Idk.

Maybe Dorne will send new Martells? Cuz technically Oberyn died whilst still holding a seat at the Small Council. It'll be interesting to see how this new dynamic plays out.

There is no more small council. Varys is out, Tyrion is out, the head Miester is gone.

Curufinwe

Surely they could do 12 episodes. Just add in more talky indoors scenes. People like character development and you could flesh them out more.

Sets, costumes, all there. Write some more lines and let the actors work for their money.

Lazy devs, I mean, producers.

jonnyp

Random thoughts:

• Sad for Tywin and Sandor, tough not as much as i thought i would be.
  • Daenerys' plot still incredibly boring.
  • Dem Skeletons had me laugh out loud, despite the special effects being quite good, skeletons are always hilarious.
    [*]Not a fan of those fireballs, the little girl was throwing, kind of too much on the corny side.. all of that sequence was, really.
  • Stannis finally doing something.
  • I hope nothing happens to my favorite character in the show (Varys) even though we've seen fuck all of him, this season.

Good finale.

The whole Bran part made me cringe. This show would've been so much better without the fantasy gobshite... I know it's in the books, but still sigh. Otherwise, great episode.

The whole Bran part made me cringe. This show would've been so much better without the fantasy gobshite... I know it's in the books, but still sigh. Otherwise, great episode.
Agreed. The show is a somewhat realistic setting with some small doses of fantasy here and there and then there is Bran's shit which is just ridiculously over the top.

There is no more small council. Varys is out, Tyrion is out, the head Miester is gone.

yeah, I know, but maybe facts are not so clear so quick for those who remains in kings landing. Like they would be zuh where's harus for a bit? Maybe? And the kings still there and he will require the small council to advise him stuffs, right?

maybe an astute fan can illuminate how kings landing government actually runs? I'm so groping in the dark about many things ...

i just want more olenna tbh lol

Macka

Re; Stannis...how does one go about buying an army of that size? Is he paying each person individually? That would cost a fuck-ton. Are they payed after they win him a battle? The logistics behind how these men are paid baffles me.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Wow, so be careful on Twitter.

I clicked "Game of Thrones" on trending as I often do after I've watched an episode and the top story was a bloody article on a particular thing that didn't make it to this episode. I already knew the name of the thing (trying to be vague outside of the spoiler tag)
Stoneheart (Lena Headey's Instagram "spoiler")
but I didn't know who it was, well that article was accompanied by a very large picture of the person.

It appears to have gone now but just a fair warning. Normally it's just episode screens and twitter reactions.

Vashetti

Banned
Agreed. The show is a somewhat realistic setting with some small doses of fantasy here and there and then there is Bran's shit which is just ridiculously over the top.

You are watching the wrong show. Wights/White Walkers were right there in the very first scene of the very first episode in the very first season.

We've seen Wights, White Walkers, Giants, mammoths, dragons, Melisandre give birth to a shadow assassin, and tons of other shit, and you're complaining about fantastical elements.

It's a freaking fantasy show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom