• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAP151

Season 5 is rumoured to be April next year.

I can understand the sheer cost of each episode, but surely HBO could squeeze in a 12 episode season.

That is a long ass wait between drinks, no?

Woo-Fu

Banned
So Stannis and Davos basically lied about their intentions to the Iron Bank? Sounds risky.

Uh no. They told the Iron Bank Stannis was the only reliable king left in Westeros. Responding promptly to the Wall's call for support and warning that winter is coming proves it. After all if 100k wildlings make it past the wall it is a big mess but that'd be nothing compared to what is pushing them to get behind the wall in the first place.

I doubt a wildling invasion would be great for the economy of the seven kingdoms, probably not conducive to paying your vig to the Iron Bank. Every human dead definitely wouldn't help. :)

kanuuna

Was Shae planted by Tywin to literally fuck with Tyrion, or did she just happen to be around in his bed? Also, I didn't expect Sandor's demise to break my heart. God damn.
But what an amazing episode! Definitely the best finale to any season to date. Can't wait for the Blu-ray set.

Spineker

Banned
Just in case people have forgotten the context, Varys said way back in season 3 that there are very few reasons why the Bells toll in Kings Landing.

The death of a king, the death of a hand and a royal wedding.

Loakum

Banned
YAY FOR INCEST

speaking of which, I believe that most recent sex scene between Cersei and Jamie was a direct response to a earlier controversal rape/non rape scene between the two. Why? Because in the previous scene, Jamie forcefully slams Cersei on the table (next to the corpse of Joffery) and says, "I don't care", as he sex her up. In last night's scene, it's cersei who's the aggressor, and she says, "I don't care", as she eggs Jamie on to screw her.

Qvoth

so... anybody wanna clarify why arya just left the hound like that? it just doesn't seem like her at all, i really thought she warmed up to him and he to her

speaking of which, I believe that most recent sex scene between Cersei and Jamie was a direct response to a earlier controversal rape/non rape scene between the two. Why? Because in the previous scene, Jamie forcefully slams Cersei on the table (next to the corpse of Joffery) and says, "I don't care", as he sex her up. In last night's scene, it's cersei who's the aggressor, and she says, "I don't care", as she eggs Jamie on to screw her.

I doubt they filmed the scene after the controversy.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Was Shae planted by Tywin to literally fuck with Tyrion, or did she just happen to be around in his bed? Also, I didn't expect Sandor's demise to break my heart. God damn.
But what an amazing episode! Definitely the best finale to any season to date. Can't wait for the Blu-ray set.

she couldn't have been a plant, Bronn found her and claimed she belonged to another officer in the Lannister camp. Most likely Tywin recognized her at the wedding and knew she could be bought.

why did he have to leave???? somebody please explain.
i interpreted that scene as Varys guarding the crate to make sure Tyrion would be alright.

UrbanRats

Random thoughts:

• Sad for Tywin and Sandor, tough not as much as i thought i would be.
  • Daenerys' plot still incredibly boring.
  • Dem Skeletons had me laugh out loud, despite the special effects being quite good, skeletons are always hilarious.
  • Not a fan of those fireballs, the little girl was throwing, kind of too much on the corny side.. all of that sequence was, really.
  • Stannis finally doing something.
  • I hope nothing happens to my favorite character in the show (Varys) even though we've seen fuck all of him, this season.

Good finale.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bran is in Dark Souls.
Stannis spend a season getting to where he was going at the end of the last.
Mance is the one true king.
Tyrion's revenge was sweet. Varys buddy comedy cometh.
The best thing about Dany's arc is watching her shitty character finally fall apart.
Poor Hound. I BELIEVE HE LIVES.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah so the Hound didn't explicitly die right?

I was talking about this with my housemate. On one hand, Hollywood rule: didn't see him die in a show that glorifies and relishes in death, ergo he did not die. On the other hand, Game of Thrones routinely subverts classical narrative expectations when it comes to the lives of characters, and Ayra's scene would not have worked as it did had we seen him die as we do all the rest.

Spineker

Banned
I can't see how The Hound could be alive, to be honest. He is in the wilderness with a compound fracture to his leg. He isn't going anywhere, he has no food, no water and no gold. Considering his abrasive nature, he's more likely to be finished off by the first person that comes across him just like he did with that farmer.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I have a question, where was Tywin sitting at the end? and why was he there in a middle of a night? or it was just something out of no where?

UrbanRats

I thought that was really shitty of Arya not to kill him.
The Hound wasn't a saint, but given the context of that world, he could've been much, much worse.
She shouldn't be so judgemental i think, given that he has probably had an even worse life than she had.

So according to Cersei Tyrion not only killed their mother but also their father. Haha. I hope she doesn't mind, because Tyrion saved her ass from marrying Ser Loras or admitting to the world of incest. Tywin's reaction when she said it was unnatural though. I would expect him to grab Cersei's throat and threaten her if she says anything like that. He just had a "noooo" reaction. Very un-Tywin like.

kiguel182

The moment with the dragons was probably my favourite part of the episode, which is strange since that's my least favourite sub-plot. But the irony of the Queen that fights against slavery having to chain her "babies" was just perfect. Really well executed as well.

The episode was really strong overall, not a dull moment. Great stuff. Thyron killing his father and the woman he loved was also very powerfull. I just didn't get if she was planted by Twyion since the start or if she just changed alliances. Her calling Twyion her lion was cold. I also didn't understand how he ended up in her room, seemed a little bit convenient but since I'll let it slide.

Spineker

Banned
A bit more backstory for people who might have forgotten.

Shae wasn't the first whore that Tyrion fell in love with only to have stolen away in a torturous manner by Tywin. The first, Tywin gave every soldier in Casterly Rock one silver coin to pay Tyrion's whore girlfriend for sex while Tyrion was forced to watch.

That's the sort of history the two of them have.

CornDogg

It's kind of a shame. Tywin dying means Cersei likely no longer needs to out the truth about her children's origins. I want Ned to get some redemption!

So Shae.

Was she always fucking Tywin?(Doubt it)

Did it for revenge cause of what Tyrion said to run her off?

It's probably the second option but I guess I gave her too much credit. I thought she knew why he did what he did. Obviously she was too stupid to understand he was trying to protect her but I figured she would be the one to come back to save him. Before the trial that is.

Ovid

I was wondering about both those things myself. I hope someone answers those questions. Is Arya just an incredibly ice cold borderline sociopath now?
At the end of Season 3 Melisandre tells Stannis that the "Death marches on The Wall".

She saw it through the flames.

Spineker

Banned
So Shae.

Was she always fucking Tywin?(Doubt it)

Did it for revenge cause of what Tyrion said to run her off?

It's probably the second option but I guess I gave her too much credit. I think she knew why he did what he did. Obviously she was too stupid to understand he was trying to protect her but I figured she would be the one to come back to save him. Before the trial that is.

I very much doubt she was always doing it. Varys would have found out and told Tyrion long ago.

I have a question, where was Tywin sitting at the end? and why was he there in a middle of a night? or it was just something out of no where?

6iuXh3Q.jpg

That episode was fantastic. Hit all the right notes, so glad to finally get some redemption.

I can't see how The Hound could be alive, to be honest. He is in the wilderness with a compound fracture to his leg. He isn't going anywhere, he has no food, no water and no gold. Considering his abrasive nature, he's more likely to be finished off by the first person that comes across him just like he did with that farmer.

I thought the mountain was dead as well.....

Blader

Season 5 is rumoured to be April next year.

I can understand the sheer cost of each episode, but surely HBO could squeeze in a 12 episode season.

That is a long ass wait between drinks, no?

The problem isn't just cost, it's scheduling. Doing more than 10 years in a season would mean waiting longer than a year between seasons.

Yeah, Kings Landing doesnt feel interesting now with Joffrey and Tywin gone.

I guess the next group of people I dont like are the Boltons. Maybe Stannis can free the North? Jon Snow the next warden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom