• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

The whole Sansa/Arya thing is an incredibly obnoxious plot contrivance. Okay. Your aunt died. So you're just not going to go in AT ALL? Not to pay your respects? Not to ask for a place to rest for a night? Come the fuck on. People don't behave that way.

"Welp, we just came hundreds of miles but auntie died so let's keep walking". Nah. Sorry.
Why would she go in?

When she reached Riverrun her brother was murdered. When she reached the Erye her aunt died. She's trying to keep a low profile and has no idea of the circumstances in which she died.

It wouldn't be smart to "just go in".

Sansa and Arya both had to lie about their identies when reaching the Bloody Gates. No one can be trusted. Especially the relatives you barely know.

Does Jon Snow know what happened to his family or does he know nothing?
He knows about Ned, Robb and Cateyln.

Vice

the most enjoyable episode of the whole series, no sour taste in my mouth. i am really glad that he killed that whore, and took revenge from his hateful father. the most puzzling thing is arya leaving the hound in such manner, she could have at least killed him for the sake of mercy. leaving him just like that, without even looking back or without any emotions(though i got a feeling that he will survive somehow). and where is she going anyway? to look for that professional killer that she saved? to train her? her future seems so dark.

now the most important question: when is season 5 is happening? please don't be next spring....i can't wait that long.

The Hound was begging for mercy. Since he has shown very little to no mercy to anyone I think it's fitting that Arya just left him to slowly bleed out and starve to death on the side of the road. The most merciless death imaginable.

Nameless

Season 1

Tyrion : *Tells Bronn and Shae the story of how Tywin had his first wife , a whore, gangbanged by Lannister soldiers while he was forced to watch.*

Bronn : I'd kill the man who did that to me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
so she could use him again in the future for her dirty work, he is a monster that no one could replace.

And now that King's Landing is much weaker thanks to Tywin's death and Littlefinger and Varys departure(and Jaime lack of left handed combat skills)... she'll need a monster for protection.

Flo_Evans

Hes obviously referring to the crows. Bran crawling on all those skeletons and not one fuck is given.. his lair doesn't look inviting at all lol

Pretty sure he has already taken control of birds and stuff.

Foreshadowing indicates it is impossible to control/train a dragon without high level warg ability.

Does Jon Snow know what happened to his family or does he know nothing?

yes he knows, i don't know what episode I remember him saying how he admired his brother Robb. And how Robb was better than him at most things. The way Ned Stark looked at Robb that was what Jon wanted. I think he said these things after hearing news of his brother's death.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck they apparently killed the hound, thats just cold man they didn't even gave him a death scene they just left him to slowly die. That's just ice cold man.

xaosslug

Hes obviously referring to the crows. Bran crawling on all those skeletons and not one fuck is given.. his lair doesn't look inviting at all lol

Dany's rogue dragon says otherwise, imo. I mean who else could even hope to tame it otherwise? Seems like heavy-handed foreshadowing, to me...

Kurdel

Banned
Dany's rogue dragon says otherwise, imo. I mean who else could even hope to tame it otherwise? Seems like heavy-handed foreshadowing, to me...

I mean, if the camera cuts to Dany or a dragon that would be one thing, but if just slowly pans to Brienne and a bird wakes her up.

edit: But I believe that there will be Dragon Warging before the series ends, that is certain. I just don't think that this scene was foreshadowing that, in particular.

Nibel

So, the dude sitting on the the skull/wood throne.. is that the true king of the north? His whole presence had me mesmerized, and from the way he talks the big conflict that has been teased a lot now is about to happen any minute

Vashetti

Banned
So, the dude sitting on the the skull/wood throne.. is that the true king of the north? His whole presence had me mesmerized, and from the way he talks the big conflict that has been teased a lot now is about to happen any minute

He's the Three-eyed Raven.

Sets everything up nicely for next season. Seems like everyone is heading north. Jon Snow will finally get something to do
Stop saying Jon Snow will finally do something. Hasn't he done enough? He lived with the wildlings and came back to the watch, successfully mounted a rescue operation to Craster's Keep, successfully mounted a defense of Castle Black, and went on a suicide mission to kill Mance Rayder before Stannis Inquisition arrived. Hell he even provided leadership and training to Sam, Grenn, Pyp and so many of the Nights members without which the Defense would have faltered. Sorry I dont meant to explode at you, but this meme is tired.

Not sure why anyone is surprised by Arya's actions but I thought this commentary from Maisie Williams about that scene was interesting:

I really don’t think it was spiteful. She doesn’t purposefully leave him there to die. He’s bossed her around for so long, it’s like that final straw of, “Now you take me seriously, and it’s too late.” Her whole life, she’s been desperate to prove to people what she’s capable of. Now the Hound really gets it, and it’s too late. He has almost created a monster and it’s started to backfire on him. That’s a lot for her to deal with as well. She kind of likes him! He really helped her out, and as much as it would be doing him a favor, I don’t think she wants to kill him at all. And possibly walking away is killing him. But in “Game of Thrones,” unless you’ve got a dagger in your heart, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re dead.

VASPER

Banned
Smh at people that don't pay attention and come in here bitching about trivial things..

Amazing finale, it was everything I've wanted since day one out of GoT

I'm sorry to say but this is how i feel. The show is a amazing piece of work, fuck GRRM for writing such good shit lol.

Jaime's farewell to his brother seemed quite nice. But he needs to stop thinking with his sword and instead use his brain. Cersei is no better than a whore and deserves the fate she'll recieve.

Again, this kind of hateful horseshit isn't called for. You can't just internalise the misogyny of the show and reproduce it in the real world. If the show featured white people being racist about black people, would you be joining in? I hope not! So don't throw all this kind of hateful stuff about women around.

tabs2002

Stop saying Jon Snow will finally do something. Hasn't he done enough? He lived with the wildlings and came back to the watch, successfully mounted a rescue operation to Craster's Keep, successfully mounted a defense of Castle Black, and went on a suicide mission to kill Mance Rayder before Stannis Inquisition arrived. Hell he even provided leadership and training to Sam, Grenn, Pyp and so many of the Nights members without which the Defense would have faltered. Sorry I dont meant to explode at you, but this meme is tired.
He does a lot but he doesn't get as much screen time as others. That's what I meant to say. So far the people in King's landing have gotten much more screen time.

The whole Hound/Arya exchange seemed to sour a lot of people.
I'm torn, personally. I keep bouncing around the decision Arya made to just leave him. I wasn't hoping for something overly dramatic, but it just felt so cold that it left me feeling unfulfilled.

April 2015. I don't even like typing it. :/

stufte

Again, this kind of hateful horseshit isn't called for. You can't just internalise the misogyny of the show and reproduce it in the real world. If the show featured white people being racist about black people, would you be joining in? I hope not! So don't throw all this kind of hateful stuff about women around.

Cersei is awful and deserves a slow, painful death. It's a character on a show, people are allowed to hate her with a passion and not be considered misogynists.

E92 M3

What does him disliking whores have to do with women hating? Why must we always drag things into being so fucking serious. The whole "im offended" mentality is overplayed.

He does a lot but he doesn't get as much screen time as others. That's what I meant to say. So far the people in King's landing have gotten much more screen time.
Thats the beauty of the show. The dirty southerners' petty battles and politics pale in comparison to what Jon and crew is doing in North. They are fighting the freaking giants, and now getting ready for a showdown with the white walkers.

I think Tyrion will help. Dragons have been tamed in the past, and Tyrion reads a lot. Surely he can provide some simple insight, since Dany has yet to ask the question of how dragons were used to conquer in the good ole days.

Thats the beauty of the show. The dirty southerners' petty battles and politics pale in comparison to what Jon and crew is doing in North. They are fighting the freaking giants, and now getting ready for a showdown with the white walkers.
Exactly. Jon is a reminder that all that shit going on south is petty squabbling, because the real enemy is north. The fight for the throne means nothing when winter is coming.

Ovid

Brienne has defeated Loras, Jaime, and now the Hound in one on one combat. I'd say that puts her at the top of the show's swordsman power rankings.

Jon's not far behind, though. And I might actually take him if they fought. I don't know.
She didn't beat Jamie. Their fight was interrupted by Roose Bolton.

If anything they were each others equal.

iNvid02

i thought the dragons would only accept a targaryan rider, i dont think there is another trick to taming them other than bran doing his thing

iNvid02

yeah so she might ride one into battle with the other flying around fucking shit up, and then bran could possess the black one who has flown away

basically, i cant see her controlling them like the older targeryans did

Cersei is awful and deserves a slow, painful death. It's a character on a show, people are allowed to hate her with a passion and not be considered misogynists.

Yeah, she's a bad person. It's fine to root for her demise because of the things she's done and you can hate a fictional character if you want, but the way you express that still exists in the real world so it isn't okay to use hateful language. I've got my own personal issue with the way the show uses the word 'whore', but it is at least explained by how horrible a place it is and how unbelievably terrible it is to be a woman there.

We have different standards in the real world Just because Tywin might say whores deserve to die doesn't mean some dude in 2014 on the internet is allowed to say it - hell, even Tywin isn't allowed to say it, he's an asshole!

What does him disliking whores have to do with women hating? Why must we always drag things into being so fucking serious. The whole "im offended" mentality is overplayed.

That's a big part of what women hating is. 'Whore' is a slur against women to start with, and disliking someone because they fit your definition of that slur is hateful, and going as far to say women who are whores deserve to die is medieval misogyny - which the show portrays, but we're not invited to participate in.

I'm not offended, or hurt personally in any way at all - and if I was that would be fine. I object to the way some people are posting because it's full of gender based hate, which you might not want to take seriously but too bad. It doesn't create a good atmosphere for posting.

MutFox

Banned
I laughed really hard when the dude that was with Bran was getting stabbed...
Not that it was funny that he died, just the way it was shot looked comical. :p

Still though, didn't care he died, actually don't like any of those characters except Hodor.
Hopefully that changes next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom