• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stufte

Yeah, she's a bad person. It's fine to root for her demise because of the things she's done and you can hate a fictional character if you want, but the way you express that still exists in the real world so it isn't okay to use hateful language. I've got my own personal issue with the way the show uses the word 'whore', but it is at least explained by how horrible a place it is and how unbelievably terrible it is to be a woman there.

We have different standards in the real world Just because Tywin might say whores deserve to die doesn't mean some dude in 2014 on the internet is allowed to say it - hell, even Tywin isn't allowed to say it, he's an asshole!

That's a big part of what women hating is. 'Whore' is a slur against women to start with, and disliking someone because they fit your definition of that slur is hateful, and going as far to say women who are whores deserve to die is medieval misogyny - which the show portrays, but we're not invited to participate in.

I'm not offended, or hurt personally in any way at all - and if I was that would be fine. I object to the way some people are posting because it's hateful and it doesn't create a good atmosphere for posting.

This *fictional* place is horrible for EVERYONE. There are whores, unsullied, slaves, unichs and 1000 ways to die in disturbing and degrading ways. Women are just as powerful as men and men just as subjugated as women in this *fantasy* world. You can be hateful to a character on the show within the context of the show and use terms from the show and it doesn't mean you hate women outside of the context of the show.

Ovid

If you watch that fight again, Brienne most definitely had Jaime one hit away from being KO'd. Also their fight was interrupted by Roose Bolton's lackey, the mustachio guy killed by Hodor.
You're right. She did have him.

But he was still chained up so it was 100% fair.

Carbonox

THE RETURN OF JAQEN IN SEASON 5!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??

ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif
ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif

Arya's gonna return as some ridonkulous assassino.

Farewell Tywin, you were great but now it's time to see the Lannisters get fucked the hell up. Will be interesting to see the fallout as he - with the Iron Bank's backing - kept the family afloat and in power. Without the bank or him being around, the Lannisters won't survive I think. Loved Varys's realization that Tywin is dead and as such he cannot remain in King's Landing anymore too.

I liked The Hound but I guess his story was up. Farewell trooper.

What's with The Mountain? He's gonna become some fucking zombie titan who will take Drogon for himself and use him as his steed.

Speaking of Drogon I look forward to seeing the results of his disobedience. The guy is absolutely tonk compared to his little brothers. He's gonna absolutely wreck shit and who's gonna stop him? I hate to see the other dragons become prisoners. Made me sad. :( My ideal world would be Dany riding Drogon and leading the dragons and her army to Westeros to fuck shit up but that's too 'cool' for Martin no doubt. Instead we get Drogon the villain and his brothers locked up. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Also, I still don't understand a single fucking thing about Bran. His story went off the deep end even more and that's saying something. Fucking Frodo and his merry men off to go find Saruman.

Still...

JAQEN MOTHERFUCKERS

ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif

oti

Banned
Watched the History and Lore of Season 1 on YT today. Man, there's so much more to this world than the show could possibly portray. And HBO has maps and all kinfd of information for every episode? First time I saw that. I guess reading the books up to this point of the show and rewatch old episodes and lore videos and such is enough to do during the year long wait. Is there like an iPad app that follows along each episode (insert Xbox SmartGlass joke here)? That would be kinda neat for second time watching.

Protein

Banned
I think Tyrion will help. Dragons have been tamed in the past, and Tyrion reads a lot. Surely he can provide some simple insight, since Dany has yet to ask the question of how dragons were used to conquer in the good ole days.

True. Didn't....

*From history of Westeros Lore found on the DVDs, not book spoilers. I also never read the books- disclaimer. *

Aegon Targaryen and his two sisters ride on top of dragons to conquer Westeros? They never explain how they tamed the dragons though.

Carbonox

It's completely understandable why Dany did what she did to her dragons. If she's to be taken seriously by her people then she has to keep her dragons on a leash quite literally. They're really only of use to her should she go in to battle, otherwise they're nothing but a threat - even the little ones who are obedient (at least for now). What happens when they grow up like their big bro?

Unfortunately she can't do fuck all to Drogon and he's gonna become even more of a problem I think. Shit, the dude got named now. He wants to get in on the fun and carnage. Adds something interesting for a change too to Dany's storyline as it's frankly quite dull. Drogon's a legit threat too. as he could raze that entire city if he wanted to and no one could do a thing.

Only way to turn the dragon threat around for her is if she learns how to tame them. Personally I want that to happen. If she could tame Drogon. Shit, I'd be a true believer.

So the god who is in the trees, the Three Eyed Raven isn't even a god?

He's just a really powerful human? Do "gods" even exist? It would explain why the guy who kept on dying never saw an afterlife, turns out the gods are just Lv. 20 wizards.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda tempted to spoil myself on the ultimate fate of the hound. I just have to know if he lived or not but i might spoil myself on future events so i dunno.

I'm kinda tempted to spoil myself on the ultimate fate of the hound. I just have to know if he lived or not but i might spoil myself on future events so i dunno.

Dude, just wait 10 months. Just imagine what the book readers have to go through. They wait years.

On the Hound, I think he's dead. His fate will probably be sealed when they are looking for Aryia, they will find his body in the first episode.

It's completely understandable why Dany did what she did to her dragons. If she's to be taken seriously by her people then she has to keep her dragons on a leash quite literally. They're really only of use to her should she go in to battle, otherwise they're nothing but a threat - even the little ones who are obedient (at least for now). What happens when they grow up like their big bro?

Unfortunately she can't do fuck all to Drogon and he's gonna become even more of a problem I think. Shit, the dude got named now. He wants to get in on the fun and carnage. Adds something interesting for a change too to Dany's storyline as it's frankly quite dull. Drogon's a legit threat too. as he could raze that entire city if he wanted to and no one could do a thing.

Only way to turn the dragon threat around for her is if she learns how to tame them. Personally I want that to happen. If she could tame Drogon. Shit, I'd be a true believer.

I believe all the dragons have names. Drogon just happens to be the most badass.

Enco

Apart from Arya going full on douchebag, the mountain bit was really dumb.

I mean come on...

I also have a feeling that he'll be even stronger because of the way that guy answered Cersei's question about whether or not he'll be weaker.

The Bran stuff was great. Don't get the hate.

Siegcram

Apart from Arya going full on douchebag, the mountain bit was really dumb.

I mean come on...

I also have a feeling that he'll be even stronger because of the way that guy answered Cersei's question about whether or not he'll be weaker.

The Bran stuff was great. Don't get the hate.
How is she a douchebag?!?

Carbonox

I believe all the dragons have names. Drogon just happens to be the most badass.

PREACH

I don't recall the others getting names but I don't doubt that they do in the books. Oh well. Next season we might find out. Still. DROGON. Guy's legit.

Where is Arya going?

Also, pretty obvious now that Bran will take over Drogon

That feeble turd possessing the black death would repulse me. Stick to controlling HODOR 3000 and have him face off against The Mountain's new model, Mount Doom.

tino

Banned
Lol @ people complaining about brans stuff. There have been fucking dragons and white walkers but this is too fantasy? Alright

Dragon has root in reality. Think of them as flying dinosaurs (just ignore the fire breathing part). But the high fantasy stuff that come out of woodwork as soon as you go to the north side of the wall piss me off. Also God of Light being so much more powerful than the other gods piss me off.

The religions of the seven and the northern religion (guardswood?) are basically Christianity and pagan religions, useless.

Lothar

Banned
Dude, just wait 10 months. Just imagine what the book readers have to go through. They wait years.

It was a 11 year wait to see what happened to half of the characters. (Because books 4 and 5 had half the characters in one book, half in the other) What's 10 months to that?

kubus

I somehow made it to the finale without being spoiled!

Thank god they gave us a happy finale, glad to see that shitface Tywin and that bitch Shae gone.

Dany got herself a Charizard, it seems. Her arc and Brans's were starting to get boring so happy to see they're both running into new and interesting situations. I wonder if Bran will warg Drogon.

Now the wait begins... :(

Dragon has root in reality. Think of them as flying dinosaurs (just ignore the fire breathing part). But the high fantasy stuff that come out of woodwork as soon as you go to the north side of the wall piss me off. Also God of Light being so much more powerful than the other gods piss me off.

The religions of the seven and the northern religion (guardswood?) are basically Christianity and pagan religions, useless.

We had White Walker in the first episode. I'm so confused why people are bitching about the fantasy elements in a fantasy show. I can only imagine it will become more entrenched as the story goes on with the eventual showdown of the White Walkers.

I mean shit, how do you think The Wall was made, cause I doubt it was just some giants heaving ice.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Dragons, maybe, but in previous seasons we've also seen shadow monsters come out of a woman's vagina and a dude coming back to life after nearly being chopped in half. That kind of stuff been used sparingly, but it's been there.

I guess it also helps that I've studied the GoT history vids, which explains stuff like The Children, so it didn't totally come out of left field for me.

Carbonox

I somehow made it to the finale without being spoiled!

Thank god they gave us a happy finale, glad to see that shitface Tywin and that bitch Shae gone.

Dany got herself a Charizard, it seems. Her arc and Brans's were starting to get boring so happy to see they're both running into new and interesting situations. I wonder if Bran will warg Drogon.

Now the wait begins... :(

Aqnha.gif

Dany's gonna tame Drogon and go to the Pokemon League by the end of season 5.

TheOddOne

- Deadline: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Hits Finale High With 7.1M Viewers
There was blood, there were battles, there was murder and there was vengeance last night on Game Of Thrones‘ Season 4 finale. Not that any of that nor the fifth and deciding game of the NBA Finals did anything to dampen viewer fervor for the blockbuster series’ latest ender. The HBO drama based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels drew 7.1 million viewers last night for its 9 PM airing. That’s up 32% from the 5.4 million who watched the series’ Season 3 finale on June 9 last year. That’s also up from the 6.6 million who tuned in for the Season 4 premiere on April 6. That night, which saw the series crash HBO Go, was a record for the show up to that point.

However, leaping from strength to strength, GoT then hit a new series high of 7.2 million viewers on May 4 this year. The penultimate episode of Season 4 of GoT on June 8 this year had 6.9 million viewers, taking some impact from the NBA Finals Game that night. Over two plays last night, Game Of Thrones pulled in 9.3 million viewers in total.

spirity

That blew my mind. There was so much on this episode. Arya sailing off to hook up with Jaquen, the Hounds demise (or is it) after an epic battle with Brienne, the Mountain turning into the 6 Million Dollar Man, Tywin succumbing to a Skyrim meme.. sorta.. speaking of memes a wild Stannis appears, the dragons, Gandalf saves Bran from the skellies...

There was even some great performances from the cast too. Even Jon Snow brought his A-game to this episode by nearly convincing me he acted.

Best show ever. The wait for season 5 is going to be unbearable.

Nyx

Where did Stannis and his army come from btw? Did they arrive at Castle Black right after Jon Snow left to kill Mance or?

(stupid question probably...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom