• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqnha.gif

Dany's gonna tame Drogon and go to the Pokemon League by the end of season 5.

Awful. Use this,

ivpidZ4JE2rGF.gif

kubus

I never would have guessed Bran would be wargig dragon and I'm a pretty big GoT fan...I feel like I have been spoilered :(
Don't know if this comment is directed at my post, but I just made that connection because the three-eyed-raven-tree-dude said that Bran will fly right after Drogon went rogue (or was it before? I can't remember). And because it would be fucking cool.

...But now that I'm going over it again, he might've just as well been talking about ravens, which seems the more logical connection actually, lol.

In any case, I avoid the books like the plague. So it's not an educated guess if that's what you're afraid of.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Don't know if this comment is directed at my post, but I just made that connection because the three-eyed-raven-tree-dude said that Bran will fly right after Drogon went rogue (or was it before? I can't remember). And because it would be fucking cool.

...But now that I'm going over it again, he might've just as well been talking about ravens, which seems the more logical connection actually, lol.

In any case, I avoid the books like the plague. So it's not an educated guess if that's what you're afraid of.
Not a book reader but Bran did had a vision of a dragon flying over king's landing but only seeing the shadow of it, now that old dude said he was going to fly its seems like a safe bet to say that the shadow of the dragon he saw was of him (Bran) flying over king's landing

Shae testifying against Tyrion gave a whole new meaning when she was screwing Tywin the entire time. He set it all up. That amazing "you will not kill me" speech from Tywin just clicked with me. He was so ignorant and blind that he never realized how much he actually hurt his own children and that hurt became his own downfall. Why I am having the feeling that Jaime will think Cersei killed her own father because of the whole 'I told him' scenario before they went to another incestual party with each other.

Holy moly at the Brienne vs The Hound battle. That was brutal and gruesome, with Brienne's head bashing with a rock being the ultimate bad ass moment.

Arya is just awesome. There is no other word for her. Awesome.

I can see the sweet, sweet revenge the Starks will have but with all the Lannisters dying I feel kind of sad for them not being able to put an arrow in Tywin and Joffrey by themselves.

demolitio

Would the Knights of the Watch even recognize Stannis as king? Isn't that treasonous?

I don't think they really matter in that sense but it's kind of hard not to like the guy that just saved your asses.

I think it's more about the Northern houses in shambles now after the Red Wedding who obviously wouldn't want to kneel to the Boltons. Stannis showed great commitment to the realm by taking out the immediate danger instead of fighting for his crown first.

The Night's Watch will just be glad to be saved and if they do recognize Stannis as king, what the hell is going to happen to them anyway? They're so far away.

Watevaman

Just a question, but why are you thinking Arya is going to Braavos (or Bravos) instead of north?

I thought she just showed the coin and made the dude change his mind about saying no to her earlier request. I would also need to look at a map to see where Bra(a)vos is but it's pretty obvious they're heading north.

(non)edit: but looking at a map, Braavos and north could both be seen as possible destinations given the last shot of the episode.

Just a question, but why are you thinking Arya is going to Braavos (or Bravos) instead of north?

I thought she just showed the coin and made the dude change his mind about saying no to her earlier request. I would also need to look at a map to see where Bra(a)vos is but it's pretty obvious they're heading north.

(non)edit: but looking at a map, Braavos and north could both be seen as possible destinations given the last shot of the episode.

She showed the coin the moment he mentioned Braavos. Her mind went all like "Jaqen! He can help me! I have to go to Braavos!"

terrene

Banned
As a dog lover, that shit struck a chord with me. I hate seeing any animal that doesn't have the ability to reason or understand whats happening to it being chained or harmed, even if they're dangerous.

Aw, man. Well, I get it --- what was happening was heavy --- but I think that scene might have been pushing Emilia Clarke beyond her capabilities as an actress right then. It just struck me as so forced or something, so I couldn't help but laugh at the awfully done crying.

demolitio

Because Jaquen's "guild" is supposed to be in Braavos and that's where he told her to find him, right? She showed him the coin which made him change his mind since that guild must be highly respected in Braavos.

Arya's story has been obviously leading up to a trip to Braavos anyway as she becomes more and more like an assassin.

I have a feeling Bran's story doesn't end too happy. I'll throw out a guess now he spends too much time in a dragon and loses hinself in there. The body of Bran will become a hollow shell.

imtehman

Banned
I can see the sweet, sweet revenge the Starks will have but with all the Lannisters dying I feel kind of sad for them not being able to put an arrow in Tywin and Joffrey by themselves.

all of this is setting up for redemption stories that will end in tragedy when people like tyrion, jaime, and theon will get killed by the likes of sansa and arya for the stuff they did or were associated with from season 1

Arcayne

To see an old friend, Jaqen H 'ghar.

Fantastic episode, really top tier. I'm very interested to see what they were foreshadowing with Jon and the Red Woman.
All I know is if Melisandre dies...and soon...this will become the greatest show ever.

Has there been any explanation for why men who die South of The Wall do not turn into wights?
Not yet. No one has said one way or other. Might just be a limit to how far they can reach with their powers up north.

I feel like my undying loyalty to Stannis Baratheon, Lord of Dragonstone, Master of Ships, Defender of Storms End, Chopper of Fingers, Dispenser of Justice, Patron to the Lord of Light and the One True King of Westeros, is finally beginning to pay off.

Siegcram

Because that's the whole purpose of that coin. To connect her to Jaqen and the Faceless Men, who reside in Braavos.

J2d

The wildlings weren't mounted on horses with full plate armor and military training. Even if they won it would have thinned out the wildling force by a considerable amount.
Maybe but it all seemed so badly portrayed, I mean they just sneak by without alarming anyone and just happen to land upon Mance. I'm sure they could have scouted or some shit but they didn't even bother to change clothes so I'm just doubting their planing ;), "we'll be fighting north of the wall, better get my black water gear". I'm not mad about the outcome, Stannis seems the best bet at the moment, just how it didn't like how it all came about but it's nothing major.

Arcayne

I like how all the major players in Kings Landing have fallen or left within one season, while it took several seasons to take down the starks. Clean sweep and (bitter)sweet revenge baby!

so did the warlocks of Qarth just give up on trying to kill Dany?

The last we saw was the little girl with the bug-ball, she escaped, and nothing since.
Just kind of seems like a loose end to me and (although completely different) that fireball launching child...thing... reminded me of that.

I also wonder what other scheme might have been planted (via Varys) in Meereen in order to disrupt Dany and her reign. Was outing Jorah really it? That plan would have completely backfired if Jorah had already been honest with Dany. Something else must be cooking there.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Fuck you Tyrion, murdering my bro Tywin. I wish you were dead. I fucking hate you, can't wait to see you hanged somewhere.

Burbank_

Ok, so Odin is in the show now, lives with his raven in yggdrasil?

And they are not kidding with "All men die"

This leaves Stannis as the only Baratheon left with a strong claim, so he should be able to get more support now. Unless Cersei can keep their alliances together.

Fuck you Tyrion, murdering my bro Tywin. I wish you were dead. I fucking hate you, can't wait to see you hanged somewhere.

No way. I love Tyrion. He was the only person who actually had his reasons to kill his own father. A father who wish he was never born not just because of his size, but also because he thought that Tyrion murdered his wife while giving birth to him. Charles Dance is a great actor but Tywin Lannister deserved to die in the shitter. The way he treated his family, that is exactly the way he ended.

Juz

Great finale.

Nooooo Hound :( anyway it was an epic fight.

Tyrion my man. Wonder where he ends up.

Stannis bailing out the guys at the Wall was awesome.

Recently got the seasons 1-3 on blu-ray, gonna start a rewatch soon.

You do not have to spoiler tag aired episodes here.
Aha, thanks. I'm super sensitive about that stuff, force of habit I suppose.

He died doing what he loved, sitting his ass on the throne and taking a shit at other peoples expense.
They don't call it Game of Thrones for nothing. :U

Anyone listen to any Game of Thrones podcasts? I already listen to A Cast of Kings.. Is there any others just as good?

My favorite on youtube is What the Flick's GOT review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7clLfP5hU&list=UUwTcFaOYFjIbxHjrmP0ptxw

They also posted a pretty awesome reaction to the Viper V Mountain fight.

Blader

I never would have guessed Bran would be wargig dragon and I'm a pretty big GoT fan...I feel like I have been spoilered :(

Personally, that was literally the first thought I had when the old guy said Bran would fly. I never once thought he'd be referring to crows until I read this thread.

Oh shit.

I just remembered Brienne didn't give Ayra that bread tubby made her.

That bitch.

Arya is so fucking jaded by this point she'd probably just think Brienne killed that kid and stole the bread off him.

all of this is setting up for redemption stories that will end in tragedy when people like tyrion, jaime, and theon will get killed by the likes of sansa and arya for the stuff they did or were associated with from season 1

Fucking hell. Probably. This is how I felt about the Hound/Brienne fight -- I like both, didn't want either one to kill each other, but knew there was a distinct possibility that one of them would still end up dead. I can see GRRM using this similar kind of set-up among the whole cast, like you said -- some characters getting their revenge on others, and the viewers/readers feeling conflicted the whole time over it because you like both sides.

Vashetti

Banned
so did the warlocks of Qarth just give up on trying to kill Dany?

The last we saw was the little girl with the bug-ball, she escaped, and nothing since.
Just kind of seems like a loose end to me and (although completely different) that fireball launching child...thing... reminded me of that.

I think that was just an excuse to introduce Selmy into Dany's story.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
No way. I love Tyrion. He was the only person who actually had his reasons to kill his own father. A father who wish he was never born not just because of his size, but also because he thought that Tyrion murdered his wife while giving birth to him. Charles Dance is a great actor but Tywin Lannister deserved to die in the shitter. The way he treated his family, that is exactly the way he ended.

Fucks given: 0.

Tywin was my second favourite character. Maybe the first even. He was one of the few in the show with the head screwed on the right way. He did what it had to be done, he hated his son, sure, but heh, nobody's perfect. I was hoping for a guard to arrive and impale Tyrion from behind.

Though I thought Tywin was smart, he died just like Oberyn did, he was so sure of himself, he didn't see the need for a guard to secure the shitter, and he died because of his lack of forward thinking. He slipped, and he paid for it. I mean he's the fucking king, you should take a guard with you every-fucking-where.
I'm only half-joking here

it's like even though i'm glad that smug bastard tywin is dead after him constantly winning for like 4 seasons, i'm actually kind of gutted.

i mean it's like all the characters with good dialogue are going out the window. the hound with his crass slurs, tywin with his beat downs to cersei and jamie, tyrion's clever quips, varys' witty historical speeches, and bronn...well being bronn (well i know he's not dead but i cant see him featuring much with tyrion being away from kings landing now).

the finale was good, like REALLY good, but i'm now left with noone in kings landing to not necessarily root for, but you know - enjoy.

the only characters left that i love watching that seem to be in the fray are stannis the mannis, davos the onion knight, and peter "the beast" baelish (absolutely love this guy).

it sickens me to think that jon snow, daenerys and bran might be the end game in all of this, i'm not sure how they are in the books but i can't stand the actors in the show.

atleast i've got baelish to root for anyway. hopefully he'll take king's landing and turn the throne room into a whorehouse just because he can.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I don't care if I'm the only one, but I love Cersei, stunningly gorgeous and though the character may be abhorrent (75% of the characters on this show are actually), I enjoy watching her so much, just like I enjoyed watching Joffrey. Though unlike Joffrey, I don't want Cersei dead. Lena Headey plays her so well. Cersei is one of my four faves, (the other 3 being Danaerys, Brienne and Tyrion). Lena Headey is one of my favorite actresses and finding out she played a major character on this show is what got me to watch season one to begin with <3

Am I the only one concerned about what's going on with The Mountain?

Sounds to me like he's about to become even MORE OP, and I was hoping the poison would just kill him.

Foreshadowing for next season is pretty apparent there. With Tywin gone, Cercei is once again the Queen Mother in Chief. Meatbag Mountain to be her loyal bonecrusher.

Oh my God I really hope Bran wargs a dragon. That would be so cool.

I love the fantasy aspects of GoT. The skeleton fight was pretty great, minus the scene where Gorgi got stabbed. That was awfully shot and it made me laugh.

Also, the girl that was throwing those blue fireballs at the skeletons, isnt she the same girl from the very first episode of GoT? The one that gets reanimated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom