• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

The whole Sansa/Arya thing is an incredibly obnoxious plot contrivance. Okay. Your aunt died. So you're just not going to go in AT ALL? Not to pay your respects? Not to ask for a place to rest for a night? Come the fuck on. People don't behave that way.

"Welp, we just came hundreds of miles but auntie died so let's keep walking". Nah. Sorry.

Siegcram

The whole Sansa/Arya thing is an incredibly obnoxious plot contrivance. Okay. Your aunt died. So you're just not going to go in AT ALL? Not to pay your respects? Not to ask for a place to rest for a night? Come the fuck on. People don't behave that way.

"Welp, we just came hundreds of miles but auntie died so let's keep walking". Nah. Sorry.
They didn't come by for a family reunion.
The Hound wanted to essentially sell Arya to one of her last living relatives that presumably gives a shit about her.
That option died with her diving through the moon door so there actually wasn't any reason for them to stay there.

Not to mention they were just at the Bloody Gate, which means they still had miles to go to the actual castle.

televator

Just saw the episode. Holy shit!

We have elves... or imps... or whatever the proper nerd-lingo fantasy term is.

Briene Vs. Hound had me on the endge of my seat! Oh my pasta, what a fight! Too bad Briene left empty handed.

Arya, cold blooded Arya. The Hound reminding her of what a monster he was did not work in his favor... Not that she would be persuaded either way.

Tywin... all that status, all that power, all that ruthless calculus... just to be shot by his son while taking a shit. Lololololololol! It felt so good to watch tyrion pull the trigger.

Yep those dragons are being setup to die just as I predicted. Only the black one thats violent will live... that's telling.

munchie64

1. I think it's pretty obvious that Arya doesn't decide where to go/what to do, the Hound does.

2. Ignoring that, I doubt they'd let them in. The place was obviously in a bit on a panic at the time.

Nikodemos

I was thinking the same thing, maybe he will turn super intellectual and become Little finger's nemesis.
The way Qyburn made it sound, it's more likely he'll end up a much more violent version of Orson "ZMEZH DE BEEDLES! KHUU KHUU KHUU!" Lannister.

Carcetti

As a dog lover, that shit struck a chord with me. I hate seeing any animal that doesn't have the ability to reason or understand whats happening to it being chained or harmed, even if they're dangerous.

Lots of people seem to hate her for doing it but should she have rather killed the dragons? Or let them eat babies?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The way Qyburn made it sound, it's more likely he'll end up a much more violent version of Orson "ZMEZH DE BEEDLES! KHUU KHUU KHUU!" Lannister.

That's what I took from it. Cersai asked if he'd be weakened and dude kinda grinned and said no way. I'm picturing him being Bane-ified from the process, ending up even more monstrous if that's possible. No idea of what they're gonna do with the character, though, especially without Tywin around anymore. Maybe he'll be Cersai's terrifying lapdog now.

televator

I just realized the bit of irony in Arya walking away with the silver that hound stole from the farmer without mercy. No mercy for the farmer... no mercy for the hound. Ha!

I don't think she has any reason believe otherwise. I feel like that's the one thing that Brienne could have said to convince her to join up, considering she and Pod were originally on the lookout for Sansa.

I totally forgot about this.

Seriously, Brienne is an idiot.

Arya and Hound bonded some, but he's still the miserable bastard who murdered one of her friends among countless other people. Even if he was protecting her, he was still her captor. It's not like they were just hanging out. I don't think she's evil so much as growing increasingly amoral.

Same. I'm not sure why anyone is shocked. I too grew to appreciate their relationship more, but the hound was a ruthless murderer. Even if we got to see his softer side. He was also her captor. He got what he had coming to him.

I'm also kinda laughing at people who don't like the fantasy elements to the show. I'm looking forward to what seems like an increase in those parts myself.

I'm curious about the power void the death of Tywin will create. Seems like an opportune moment for Stannis really.

She still thinks Sansa is at King's Landing I reckon. She's not come in to any contact with news from there and the Veil/Vale is keeping her a secret.

Also, Arya and Jon were pretty close. I think both were portrayed as outsiders of the family to some degree, Arya for being out of the limelight of her sister, and Jon for being a bastard.

Nameless

Brienne has defeated Loras, Jaime, and now the Hound in one on one combat. I'd say that puts her at the top of the show's swordsman power rankings.

Jon's not far behind, though. And I might actually take him if they fought. I don't know.

I am confused about why Cersei cares so much about whether The Mountain lives or dies. He did his job and ensured that Tyrion got sentenced to death. She never seemed to care all that much about him before, so why now is she so concerned over whether he dies or not?

ohNOitsRO

Smh at people that don't pay attention and come in here bitching about trivial things..

Amazing finale, it was everything I've wanted since day one out of GoT

Ferrio

Banned
I am confused about why Cersei cares so much about whether The Mountain lives or dies. He did his job and ensured that Tyrion got sentenced to death. She never seemed to care all that much about him before, so why now is she so concerned over whether he dies or not?

He's the lannisters most prized fighter.

CornDogg

Brienne has defeated Loras, Jaime, and now the Hound in one on one combat. I'd say that puts her at the top of the show's swordsman power rankings.

Jon's not far behind, though. And I might actually take him if they fought. I don't know.

While maybe not a "swordsman", Oberyn would take Br...

*sigh*... The pain is still too real.

Nameless

A Lannister always pay their debts. Especially to one of their most loyal bannerman.

I was excepting the squire to stop the sword fight with the wolf shaped bread from HotPie, that idiot probably ate it soon as they left on horseback.

A piece of bread could have spared the Hound's life and maybe even brought the two sister's together.

Raiden

Banned
Arya gone ice cold. I was hoping she went into that harbor to get help for the hound but nope. Also kinda sad to see Tywin gone from the show but Tyrion deserved that kill.

Melisandre starting at Jon scared me :(

Love seeing these two collide like that. I hope Jon doesn't go down to her.

I wish we saw some more Reek. It's like he's worse than dead, which makes his plot so interesting. Wonder if he'll have any redemption at all

She can beat anyone who is as strong as she is, but her brute force strategy would have meant nothing against someone inhuman as the Mountain imo.

Flo_Evans

Fuck love this show.

Brienne vs. the Hound was awesome. I don't think he is dead yet though he still has to kill his Zombie brother. Remember he said "I'm done unless a maester is around the corner!"

Tywin lost! I wonder where Tyrion and Varys are going? Hope he kills Cereasi soon.

Jon to be promoted by Stannis? Where did the red hair guy run off to after he was injured?

Bran! whoa he finally got somewhere. Prediction "you will fly" = DRAGOON WARG YES!

Apologies if I mess spelled any character names, you know who I mean. Ain't googling SHIT!

Might read the books in the off season to spoil proof myself.

HoodWinked

lol wildlings. a real army from south of the wall completely just shit on them.

Stanis is basically a human puppet man, literally everyone else tells him what to do. Even John Snow is like take Mance prisoner.

shae's death was some justice but tyrion killing his father seemed so cold blood. but tywin saying 'youre my son' then 'youre no son of mine' in the span of a minute is pretty funny.

the most enjoyable episode of the whole series, no sour taste in my mouth. i am really glad that he killed that whore, and took revenge from his hateful father. the most puzzling thing is arya leaving the hound in such manner, she could have at least killed him for the sake of mercy. leaving him just like that, without even looking back or without any emotions(though i got a feeling that he will survive somehow). and where is she going anyway? to look for that professional killer that she saved? to train her? her future seems so dark.

now the most important question: when is season 5 is happening? please don't be next spring....i can't wait that long.

So Alliser died after all? That's lame.

They never showed him dieing or dead. Nor did they pan over his head while they were burning the bodies unlike they did with Jon's buddies.

Doubt he's dead. Really fucked up probably.

the most enjoyable episode of the whole series, no sour taste in my mouth. i am really glad that he killed that whore, and took revenge from his hateful father. the most puzzling thing is arya leaving the hound in such manner, she could have at least killed him for the sake of mercy. leaving him just like that, without even looking back or without any emotions(though i got a feeling that he will survive somehow). and where is she going anyway? to look for that professional killer that she saved? to train her? her future seems so dark.

um. Her present is pretty fucking dark. She's straight up murdered a whole handful of people with no fucks given.

The only confusion I have with her leaving the hound alive is that he's on her list...I thought that was her whole goal, to finish the list.

so she could use him again in the future for her dirty work, he is a monster that no one could replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom