• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FULL DISCLAIMER:

Yes I'm a book reader, but I'm always interested in seeing the reactions in this thread, so how did you guys find the first episode? I don't really have the time to scroll back through to Sunday so thought I'd just ask.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm out..

Braag

49 Things you never knew about Game of Thrones
Its spoiler free, but I'd avoid the comments

I'm shocked that Robert Baratheon was in the Full Monty, never made the connection

Maaan, Lady Olenna used to be hot as hell 50 years ago :p

original-20841-1396988041-13.jpg

Nameless

Tywin expects Cersei to have children by Loris so she's definitely still fertile. That 1/3 chance of her and Jaime making another Joffrey is why she refuses to have sex with him. Besides, rumors of their incestuous relationship are already flying about Westeros thanks to Stannis, if they're confirmed it not only sullies the Lannisters name further, but Joffrey's rightful claim to the Throne is eliminated.

As far as the "ailment" unless she's dying or something I bet he made her some sort of sex toy. Lancel was her sex toy but that ship has sailed, especially with Jaime back.

Just saw Hot Fuzz for the first time, I can never look at the Hound the same way again. I can't seem to watch any British TV or movies without catching a couple Game of Thrones actors. At least I've blocked out Tywin in a mini-skirt.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just saw Hot Fuzz for the first time, I can never look at the Hound the same way again. I can't seem to watch any British TV or movies without catching a couple Game of Thrones actors. At least I've blocked out Tywin in a mini-skirt.

OMG THATS HIM!?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Look at dem thirsty woman

edit; and those tan lines good lord

-Silver-

Does anyone know what happened to all the Dothraki folks that used to follow Daenerys around? I know that most of them got killed in S2 when that mage bloke killed them in Qarth but I'm sure there were more. I just realised I've not seen them for a long time.

Nameless

Does anyone know what happened to all the Dothraki folks that used to follow Daenerys around? I know that most of them got killed in S2 when that mage bloke killed them in Qarth but I'm sure there were more. I just realised I've not seen them for a long time.

Several died traversing the Red Wastes. Several more died in Qarth. Master Kraznys offers her 3 Unsullied for the small lot of Dothraki she has when reaching Astapoor. They're still with her, they just blend in with the Unsullied.

BraXzy

Just got round to watching the episode. Hot damn I've needed my GoT fix. There is a bunch of stuff I can't remember or am a bit iffy on, currently watching a bunch of YouTube vids to get myself back up to speed.

I was tense as hell during the last scene, awesome awesome awesome.

BraXzy

Can someone explain the importance of the first scene? I get that he metled down Ned's sword.. and the wolf is the Starks sigil but was it a specific wolf? Was there a specific reason as to why he did it?

And I thought Jaime Lannister's career in sausage commercial's was funny.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7592-1364399746-1.gif

His next role should be Joel in The Last of Us movie. He'd be perfect.

Edit: @mr2xxx No, not yet at least. Ned promised Jon he'd tell him. I doubt we'll find out unless his uncle shows up eventually and he knows. Unless I'm forgetting something, he went missing and that was the end of him on the show.

Can someone explain the importance of the first scene? I get that he metled down Ned's sword.. and the wolf is the Starks sigil but was it a specific wolf? Was there a specific reason as to why he did it?
Yep, it was Ned's sword, but more significantly it was the Stark's sword: Valyrian steel (probably spelled that wrong) which was passed down. That's why Tywin made such a big deal about it, since the Lannisters are like the only great house that didn't have one (a valyrian steel sword). He mentions this when talking to Jamie later in the episode.

The wolf was the scabbard for the sword I believe. You can probably catch a glimpse in the "previously on GoT" part right before.

Also, burning the wolf is symbolic. A "fuck you" pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom