• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknil

Fantastic end of the season, the overall tone is that things are looking up, but knowing GRRM, it would mean many deaths next season.

I just got spoiled on what was skipped in the finale and why by an IGN video. Oh well.

Talon

nah I've yet to see Arya kill anyone, she didn't hate. He was on her list but still didn't do it... he had many days and nights he could have killed or raped her... same with her she could have killed him in the night... but didn't. Hound as much as I loved the character.... he did deserve what he got... lol Never even cared about whats her face... but the hound started it and she just got lucky.... at least he got to shit before he died... :D I guess it's the way it was shot and with the boss acting it was just and awesome end to an awesome character and it lets one of my fav character's do her thang.... :/
...Arya hasn't...killed anyone...you say?

BTM

The only thing that felt off this season was that there were some aspects that seemed to have been rushed a bit. Besides that, I feel that season 4 has been the best season so far.

I really think the show would benefit to expanding to maybe 13 episodes instead of ten to flesh things out a little better and more clearly.

Nerokis

remember, Jojen has the ability to see the future. He knows this is where he will die... Hence his passive expression. The stabbing is a little goofy but it didn't really bother me at all.

Yeah, I agree. He's had the vibe of a dead man walking for awhile now.

On another note... Man, the Lannisters seem closer to done than the Starks ever were. Low on gold, high on debt; Tywin, their primary brain and legacy chaser, is dead; Tyrion, the one other guy who legitimately had the will and ability to improve the situation, is gone; Littlefinger and Varys, key allies once, are now moving against them; Jaime is no longer the warrior he once was; Tommen, the current king, is just a frail little kid; the Iron Bank is now throwing a lot of weight behind Stannis, who's very much on the move . . .

Seriously, are some new Lannister characters going to be introduced to the show? Some huge badass who has so far fallen under the radar, maybe? Otherwise, King's Landing seems pretty much up for grabs. The Tyrells are the one force that could probably sustain the status quo, and they've already conspired to kill one Lannister king.

kirblar

The only thing that felt off this season was that there were some aspects that seemed to have been rushed a bit. Besides that, I feel that season 4 has been the best season so far.

I really think the show would benefit to expanding to maybe 13 episodes instead of ten to flesh things out a little better and more clearly.
The producers have said that they just don't have the time to get more content shot for a season due to myriad of locations necessary for filming.

Lothar

Banned
You are possibly the only person in the world that interpreted the scene that way.

That is the common sense interpretation considering Arya was offering to wash and sew up the Hound's wound just a few episodes ago. She was helping him when he was injured then. Does it make sense to you that she would change her mind and want him to slowly suffer to death now? Or did you forget what happened a few episodes ago?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
There's at least two more as well on her killed list.

I find it really weird that Stannis barely ever speaks up for himself. We saw that at the Iron Bank when he just stood there like a mute idiot, and then had the lucky fortune of Ser Davos hyping him to the banker. We see it again north of the wall. Ser Davos continuously reminding people that Stannis is the King, "this is the one true King you're talking to...this is a King you're addressing boy!"

It's getting kinda tiring for this uncharismatic oaf to just stand there and have Ser Davos be his hype man. It's either that or he's always being told what to do by the Red Women. So pathetic.

Ferrio

Banned
There's at least two more as well on her killed list.

I find it really weird that Stannis barely ever speaks up for himself. We saw that at the Iron Bank when he just stood there like a mute idiot, and then had the lucky fortune of Ser Davos hyping him to the banker. We see it again north of the wall. Ser Davos continuously reminding people that Stannis is the King, "this is the one true King you're talking to...this is a King you're addressing boy!"

It's getting kinda tiring for this uncharismatic oaf to just stand there and have Ser Davos be his hype man. It's either that or he's always being told what to do by the Red Women. So pathetic.

A good king listens to his counsel.

MjFrancis

Yeah, I agree. He's had the vibe of a dead man walking for awhile now.

On another note... Man, the Lannisters seem closer to done than the Starks ever were. Low on gold, high on debt; Tywin, their primary brain and legacy chaser, is dead; Tyrion, the one other guy who legitimately had the will and ability to improve the situation, is gone; Littlefinger and Varys, key allies once, are now moving against them; Jaime is no longer the warrior he once was; Tommen, the current king, is just a frail little kid; the Iron Bank is now throwing a lot of weight behind Stannis, who's very much on the move . . .

Seriously, are some new Lannister characters going to be introduced to the show? Some huge badass who has so far fallen under the radar, maybe? Otherwise, King's Landing seems pretty much up for grabs. The Tyrells are the one force that could probably sustain the status quo, and they've already conspired to kill one Lannister king.
Pretty much sums up my feelings on the Lannisters. They've had over three seasons on the throne, Stannis or House Tyrell will move in to fill the void. If Meereen wasn't hundreds of miles away I'd say Daenerys Targaryan would be a good candidate for taking King's Landing. I'm not sure she will even end up in Westeros next season. It's inevitable, but a long time coming.

I do find it interesting to note that neither the Hound nor the Mountain actually died this episode. If they didn't show the scene with the Mountain earlier I would have thought the Hound was a goner for sure, and while it's still extremely likely, there'd a shred of doubt given that his brother will likely live. They have too good a rivalry to leave unfinished.

Heshinsi

A good king listens to his counsel.

It's not even counseling at this point. Melisandre tells him what to do, and Ser Davos stands around as his official mouthpiece. More times than not, Ser Davos actually gets shit done for him that Stannis is either too stupid or too proud to do on his own. Like why can't Stannis explain to the bankers why he deserves that loan, instead of just standing there and looking like he's about to hightail it out of the room?

Talon

That is the common sense interpretation considering Arya was offering to wash and sew up the Hound's wound just a few episodes ago. She was helping him when he was injured then. Does it make sense to you that she would change her mind and want him to slowly suffer to death now? Or did you forget what happened a few episodes ago?
Yes, because stealing his money and leaving him to bleed out from a shit ton of wounds is definitely the merciful thing to do.

Nerokis

Someone is suffering and begging to be put out of their misery. In response, you take their silver, then proceed to casually walk away, leaving them to slowly die in the middle of nowhere, alone. Clearly, you simply liked them too much to kill them!

Does that sound like "common sense"? :p She had some affection for him, no doubt, but the good she saw never outweighed the bad. She kept his name on her list, and even stabbed him once.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I do find it interesting to note that neither the Hound nor the Mountain actually died this episode. If they didn't show the scene with the Mountain earlier I would have thought the Hound was a goner for sure, and while it's still extremely likely, there'd a shred of doubt given that his brother will likely live. They have too good a rivalry to leave unfinished.

The Hound is done. Arya didn't finish him, but he's bleeding out. Unless there's some kind of magic intervention, I think we can count him as dead.

As for the Mountain, that is interesting. It was strongly implied that he's going to survive, either through medicine or magic (or both). Extremely intrigued to see if and how he comes back.

Again, this kind of hateful horseshit isn't called for. You can't just internalise the misogyny of the show and reproduce it in the real world. If the show featured white people being racist about black people, would you be joining in? I hope not! So don't throw all this kind of hateful stuff about women around.

Oh for fuck's sake. Cersei is an evil person who was okay with a kid being tossed out a window so she could keep fucking her brother. She wanted her other brother killed since the day he was born. She laughs at peoples' pain, she had left over food fed to dogs rather than the poor after Joffrey's wedding. She's a miserable, awful, terrible person. It's not misogynist. Anytime someone dislikes a woman character it doesn't mean they're actively participating in misogyny. Jesus Christ.

malfcn

I feel a little let down by the finale. But it may have been how much of a high the last episode brought.

Arya was using the Hound while he was useful. Taking care of his wounds would have allowed him to keep killing anyone that messed with them. Once he was on death's door she had no obligation to lend a hand.

Seeing the sisters meet (if it happens) will be interesting considering how they've grown,

Spineker

Banned
Beautiful header.

Edit: Oops

tumblr_m77yofwYKP1qi2youo1_5001.gif

J-Rod

How does Tywin, arguably the smartest dude in the land, not know about Jamie and cerci? Just denial? Sad to see him go.

I guess I see now why there are so many Stan fans after stanly rolled in to save the day.

How does Tywin, arguably the smartest dude in the land, not know about Jamie and cerci? Just denial? Sad to see him go.

I guess I see now why there are so many Stan fans after stanly rolled in to save the day.
Cersei addresses that in the scene. Basically he's too proud to see what's obviously there. Aka he's a Lannister

Definitely denial. Cerci alludes to that he's been in denial all along.

his legacy is far more precious

Grifter

I thought the Viper was haunting but that's nothing compared to the idea of sexual Tywin. And deliberating dark bathroom-hole Tywin. And further sexual Tywin.

I love Varys.

He didn't even think twice about going back to collect some personal items before exiling himself; he just did an about-face and left everything behind like there was no question.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the Lannisters. They've had over three seasons on the throne, Stannis or House Tyrell will move in to fill the void. If Meereen wasn't hundreds of miles away I'd say Daenerys Targaryan would be a good candidate for taking King's Landing. I'm not sure she will even end up in Westeros next season. It's inevitable, but a long time coming.

Thousands of miles.

Is no one else freaking out about the Bran stuff?

Like, holy fuck. Bran's story was interesting enough already with the visions but those kids, old dude in the tree, those skeletons like what the fuck. This seems like changes the whole scope of the show.

"You won't walk again but you will fly"!!!!!!!!

fuck i am hype

Is no one else freaking out about the Bran stuff?

Like, holy fuck. Bran's story was interesting enough already with the visions but those kids, old dude in the tree, those skeletons like what the fuck. This seems like changes the whole scope of the show.

"You won't walk again but you will fly"!!!!!!!!

fuck i am hype

Yeah I really like the more supernatural elements brought in by his story line. In a world like GoT you always want to see some actual magic instead of just swords and wars all the time. Before his story the best we got was Dany's Dragons

Koodo

Banned
Daenerys locked away the last interesting aspect of her character along with the dragons. She's become boring as shit, I simply can't bring myself to use anymore.

Would someone talented please splice together a gif of Jojen's actor in the "Let's get the shit kicked out of us by love" scene from Love Actually followed by the skeleton stabbing?

Flunkie

Banned
I love Varys.

He didn't even think twice about going back to collect some personal items before exiling himself; he just did an about-face and left everything behind like there was no question.

I read somewhere after the episode aired (either here or Reddit) a description of that scene that I loved: "After hearing the bells go off, he noped the fuck out."

Heshinsi

Here we go again...

"Poor Jaime"
"Poor Hound"

You people are too soft. =P

I think he's trolling, he has to be. Either that or all he heard during that conversation with Tyrion was, "old....warlock...revenge...I...will...kill...him"

Into

I thought the most interesting thing in the episode was Drogon causing problems for Dany. We already saw that he is the most aggressive of the 3 and even showed aggressiveness towards his "mother". I am excited to see where that is going.

Watching her whole story since S1, is like watching someone mass military units for hours in Civilization. Its obviously heading somewhere but not that much has happened on that end. Perhaps a good contrast to the much more complex and drama filled escapades of Westeros as a whole

(and no i have not read any books, nor do i want book information)

Kinyou

I'm probably not the only one who thought that Danny just signed her doom by locking up the dragons. Now she'll never be able to control them.

Also, damn, the way the fight between the Hound and Brienne suddenly got down and dirty kind of caught me off guard.

How can skeletons see with no eyes?
How can they dance when the world is turning?

EmiPrime

Phenomenal episode.

Predictions for next season:

Bran wargs into Drogon, human body dies solving the problem of him looking like The Hound by the time puberty is done with him.

Stannis gives the Boltons a good thumping.

Melissandre gives Jon Snow a good shagging.

We get to see Syrio and Jaqen again.

Tyrion and Varys are off to the free cities.

Emilia Clarke still won't be able to act.

Rickon, Osha and Shaggy Dog take King's Landing, Rickon becomes king.

Booties

Banned
It really was. I liked his character, but the way he went out it was like something behind the scenes really hated him.

-Tries to help and gets shoved down by his sister.
-Comically stabbed to death by skeleton hand.
-Gets blown up by magic grenade.

Only thing left was a wild animal passing through to eat his remains.

I think so. Dragons, more than simple-minded humans like Hodor, maybe even the white walkers. He already does the regular warg shit that half the wildling population does, so there has to be more to it.

Sounds like an episode of south park. And that's a good thing.

I'm probably not the only one who thought that Danny just signed her doom by locking up the dragons. Now she'll never be able to control them.

Also, damn, the way the fight between the Hound and Brienne suddenly got down and dirty kind of caught me off guard.

Dany needs to go on some sort of vision quest to Valeria (or whatever that place where the dragons originated is called) and figure out how the fuck to control a dragon.

Nameless

poor dragons :(

I gotta say, in a show that's known for taking what people expect from a fantasy story and turning it on its ear, I love the idea of the classic 'dragon on the loose' tale being told in this world. Granted, Old God guy spoils that Bran will dragon warg down the line, but Drogon will come to Westeros and cause the shit to hit the fan in the mean time.

Also Aegon's black dragon was the biggest and meanest and breathed the hottest fire, and that's certainly true with Daeny's. Drogon is twice the size of the other two, easily. Bad news for King's Landing(if Bran's vision comes to pass) and Westeros in general.

Spineker

Banned
I gotta say, in a show that's known for taking what people expect from a fantasy story and turning it on its ear, I love the idea of the classic 'dragon on the loose' tale being told in this world. Granted, Old God guy spoils that Bran will dragon warg down the line, but Drogon will come to Westeros and cause the shit will hit the fan in the mean time.

Also Aegon's black dragon was the biggest and meanest and breathed the hottest fire. And that's certainly true with Daeny's, Drogon is twice the size of the other two. Bad news for King's Landing(if Bran's vision comes to pass) and Westeros in general.

Where did he spoil that he would Dragon warg? All he said was that he was teach Bran to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom