• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spineker

Banned
I don't think he brought him way up there and let Jojen sacrifice himself just so Bran can warg birds like the Wildlings.

I'm just not sure why Bran would warg the Dragons contextually. Would he do it to screw Dany? Is that what the whole subplot behind Dany not being able to control them?

Ferrio

Banned
I'm just not sure why Bran would warg the Dragons contextually. Would he do it to screw Dany? Is that what the whole subplot behind Dany not being able to control them?

Because he can? Because it might be more effective against undead and white walkers than hodor?

Moofers

I think they will need the dragons to kill the white walkers and wights, etc. Clearly Dany is struggling to control them, so in order to use them for battle, Bran has to warg into them.

I am pretty sure that's where this is headed. I mean at some point they have to have everyone meet and band together because if they don't the white walkers will wreck shop, right? Makes sense to me.

Nameless

Not sure how things will play out with Stannis's army in the region, but for Bran, being able to harness the full power of a very very large dragon could go a long way in reclaiming the North for his family, and killing White Walkers.

Daeny still has two dragons, though it would be funny if they didn't grow much larger and the one that got a way was the only one large enough to make a difference.

Kinyou

Dany needs to go on some sort of vision quest to Valeria (or whatever that place where the dragons originated is called) and figure out how the fuck to control a dragon.
That's what she should have done. Get on a boat with her two dragons and ship off to dragon school. Also a good excuse to get out of the city now that the whole slave freeing gig hasn't really worked out.

Booties

Banned
I suspect by the end of the series, it'll take a whole episode to recite all the names Dany has given herself.

Her introduction during the last episode was almost like a parody. I can't believe the show is still doing this shit. We get it, she's a queen, do we need to see the intro scene every time she's in the throne room? Put a sock in it.

Superflat

I wasn't surprised at all when Arya left the Hound alive.

Arya's kill list is for vengeance, nothing else. Killing is a easy way to get that done because people don't want to die. That's the essence of revenge.

The Hound was left dying in the middle of nowhere because of a dumb fight he started, essentially taking away Arya's means of justice. She can't kill the Hound for revenge, because death is what he wants. The only way to make him pay now is to do exactly what she did in the show.

Nameless

Dany's story was strong this season. Yes, an impulsive young girl with tons of smoke constantly being blown up her ass will probably make a terrible queen. Seeing her bumble her way from one shit decision to another was a nice change of pace. I'm glad they took time to explore that. She just lost a friend, a general, and the core of her airforce..Things aren't looking as good for her going into next season.

Tywin dying is a plus for her, though. Unless he set some other plan in motion before he died.

Dany's story was strong this season. Yes, an impulsive young girl with tons of smoke constantly being blown up her ass will probably make a terrible queen. Seeing her bumble her way from one shit decision to another was a nice change of pace. I'm glad they took time to explore that. She just lost a friend, a general, and the core of her airforce..Things aren't looking as good for her going into next season.

Tywin dying is a plus for her, though. Unless he set some other plan in motion before he died.

I would be very surprised if simply exposing Jorah was the extent of Tywin's plans. I mean, it even had a chance of completely not working had Jorah been up-front about it early on.
There's gotta be a Plan B. Tywin (or should we credit Varys?) just seemed to always be multiple steps ahead of most situations.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I would be very surprised if simply exposing Jorah was the extent of Tywin's plans. I mean, it even had a chance of completely not working had Jorah been up-front about it early on.
There's gotta be a Plan B. Tywin (or should we credit Varys?) just seemed to always be multiple steps ahead of most situations.

Idk that last ep they kinda went out of their way to show that Tywin was getting sloppy. We'll see , this wouldn't be the first time they faked us out.

DifficultVigilantKomododragon.gif

I spend a lot finding this post again, because it deserves to be quoted. LOL

My problem with Danys arc is that it has pretty much plateaued. It started really awesome in S1....forced into an awful marriage, having to cope with a new way of life, manning up (gold crown...).

Then it continues to get awesome as she is free slaves and sacking cities. Roasting masters and freeing slaves. And everything is going awesome, and then one of her guys says "hey, why don't you stay here and rule over your people a bit". That's when it all kind of goes to shit.

I don't know how many scenes I can take of her sitting on the throne, her titles being read, and some guy coming up to ask for something. I get that's it good 'character development' of her learning to rule, but it's realllllly boring to watch over and over again.

An amazing end to the best season of one of the best shows ever. Probably the best season finale yet, they actually made Daenerys interesting again! My only fear is that I think it's pretty much downhill from here. The show is at its best when it revolves around it's politics but the center of those politics (King's Landing) is pretty much decimated (Tywin dead, Pycelle fired, Tyrion, Varys and little finger gone) so I think all we'll be seeing of king's landing is Cersei vs Margaery. Also Essos has never really interested me which is disappointing considering most of the cast seems to be heading there (Arya, Varys, Tyrion, maybe little finger and Sansa as well).

Oh well this show hasn't let me down so far so I'am definitely keeping the faith, because we have badass Arya and possibly more Jaqen to look forward too. Also there's the possibility of Dany finally joining the main cast.

Guards would normally be outside of the room you are in. Don't want people seeing the whore you're shagging.

Exactly. And it was shown how Tyrion knew secret passages to sneak around, so I'm not sure how that's not believable.

Overall I was a little disappointed in the finale. I kept expecting some oh shit moment that never came.

Nikodemos

Pentos and Varys' contacts? I can't remember when they mentioned that...
Early season?
The first season had a scene with Varys and Ilyrio Mopatis (a magistrate of Pentos) discussing the Targaryen siblings with Arya eavesdropping from behind a dragon skull.

An amazing end to the best season of one of the best shows ever. Probably the best season finale yet, they actually made Daenerys interesting again! My only fear is that I think it's pretty much downhill from here. The show is at its best when it revolves around it's politics but the center of those politics (King's Landing) is pretty much decimated (Tywin dead, Pycelle fired, Tyrion, Varys and little finger gone) so I think all we'll be seeing of king's landing is Cersei vs Margaery. Also Essos has never really interested me which is disappointing considering most of the cast seems to be heading there (Arya, Varys, Tyrion, maybe little finger and Sansa as well).

Oh well this show hasn't let me down so far so I'am definitely keeping the faith, because we have badass Arya and possibly more Jaqen to look forward too. Also there's the possibility of Dany finally joining the main cast.
Bravos should be absolutely brilliant. Two things I cannot wait for next season is Bravos with Arya and Dorne with the Martells. I really hope both play a major role into next season.

Err.. do we know if Varys and Tyrion are going there? Nothing has been confirmed yet. I'd love it if Tyrion goes to Dorne, but I'd imagine they will slay him if that happens.

In regards to Kings Landing, I think the series needs probably not one, but two new characters entering the fold there for next season. Zombie?!?! Mountain and quack doctor might be interesting inclusions, but I don't think it will be that interesting if no one else joins there. Also, it looks like either the end of next season or season 6 will probably be about Stannis going there and fucking everything up. If the Wildlings join him, Stannis is going to have quite the army. Every story next looks to be interesting except Danny's. I really think her story would be far more interesting had she come to King's Landing, especially now that most of the interesting characters have left/died from season 4.

royalan

Deserved.

Here we go again...

"Poor Jaime"
"Poor Hound"

You people are too soft. =P

I think he's trolling, he has to be. Either that or all he heard during that conversation with Tyrion was, "old....warlock...revenge...I...will...kill...him"

LOL - I didn't say it wasn't deserved.

Just pointing out that Varys isn't above fucking your shit up if he has to/wants to.

Bravos should be absolutely brilliant. Two things I cannot wait for next season is Bravos with Arya and Dorne with the Martells. I really hope both play a major role into next season.

Err.. do we know if Varys and Tyrion are going there? Nothing has been confirmed yet. I'd love it if Tyrion goes to Dorne, but I'd imagine they will slay him if that happens.

In regards to Kings Landing, I think the series needs probably not one, but two new characters entering the fold there for next season. Zombie?!?! Mountain and quack doctor might be interesting inclusions, but I don't think it will be that interesting if no one else joins there. Also, it looks like either the end of next season or season 6 will probably be about Stannis going there and fucking everything up. If the Wildlings join him, Stannis is going to have quite the army. Every story next looks to be interesting except Danny's. I really think her story would be far more interesting had she come to King's Landing, especially now that most of the interesting characters have left/died from season 4.

I don't know if they actually going to go to there, but the fact that five different characters all left for some vague location almost simultaniously leads me to believe that RR is going to lead them to some singular location. Dorne does seem like another strong possibility in regards to Tyrion however.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
From what my bro(a book reader) told me about the Stannis scene in the book, it was much more epic and well done in the books than it was in the show.

Just saw the latest episode. Why didn't Arya go and meet her sister Sansa? That doesn't make sense to me. Also, looking the dragons in with seemingly no sunlight and not even a hug was not Khaleesis best moment.

Just saw the latest episode. Why didn't Arya go and meet her sister Sansa? That doesn't make sense to me. Also, looking the dragons in with seemingly no sunlight and not even a hug was not Khaleesis best moment.

I might be forgetting, but was she even aware that Sansa was there? Also even if she was didn't Sansa and little finger leave before she even got there?

I might be forgetting, but was she even aware that Sansa was there? Also even if she was didn't Sansa and little finger leave before she even got there?

Hmm, maybe she wasn't aware, but then it seems strange how they didn't ask the guards who are left in the Eerie. It makes me a little sad how some Baratheon family members have been so close to seeing each other again but then just barely missed the opportunity.

Hmm, maybe she wasn't aware, but then it seems strange how they didn't ask the guards who are left in the Eerie.

meh, I don't think they would even have cared at that point and if Little Finger and Sansa did leave before they arrived, they wouldn't have had gotten any relevant answer.

It makes me a little sad how some Baratheon family members have been so close to seeing each other again but then just barely missed the opportunity.

lol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hmm, maybe she wasn't aware, but then it seems strange how they didn't ask the guards who are left in the Eerie. It makes me a little sad how some Baratheon family members have been so close to seeing each other again but then just barely missed the opportunity.

She wasn't aware, the guards weren't even aware. Littlefinger brought her in as his "cousin" or something like that. They only revealed she was Sansa Stark to Lysa, Robin and those council members.

No one knows that Sansa is in the Vale except for Baelish, Rob Arryn, and the three lower lords who Sansa came out to, everyone else believes the lie that she is a niece of Baelish. This is because the Vale is still technically loyal to the realm and Sansa is a wanted fugitive.

Arya and Sansa are Starks not Baratheons.

She wasn't aware, the guards weren't even aware. Littlefinger brought her in as his "cousin" or something like that. They only revealed she was Sansa Stark to Lysa, Robin and those council members.

No one knows that Sansa is in the Vale except for Baelish, Rob Arryn, and the three lower lords who Sansa came out to, everyone else believes the lie that she is a niece of Baelish. This is because the Vale is still technically loyal to the realm and Sansa is a wanted fugitive.

Arya and Sansa are Starks not Baratheons.

Ah of course, I forgot about that. You're right.

Also sorry I meant Starks, not Baratheons. It's way too late in middle Europe for me right now, hah.

First off let me start by saying that I'm awful with names so forgive me for not calling character's by their name and instead referring to them by their physical appearances(I do know a few names though, mostly my favorite characters though).

Glad to see Tyrion finally getting some sweet sweet vengeance on his shitty father, he's had it coming since season one. Also while I should've been sad during the fight between the hound and the tall woman since their both characters I enjoy quite a bit(and as soon as the fight started I knew that only one would make it out alive), I was completely numb to it, far too many good characters have died for me to feel any grief :( I was a happy to see that the master of wispers or whatever didn't completely abandoned Tyrion, also how can anyone say they didn't enjoy that funny "nope" moment.

Am I the only person who just doesn't care about the cripple kid's story? its just so boring and I'm not getting the big picture with it. I also don't care about his friends either. one the blonde kid died I just wanted the show to move on to someone more interesting. Sure, Daenerys also falls on the dull side as well but she has DRAGONS and my man Jorah, well at least she had Jorah. Really looking forward to know what happens to Arya as she's my favorite character in the show. So young but imo she has the most balls; found it sad when she just left the hound there to die, didn't even mercy kill him. I don't know about you guys, but unless I see a character die on screen their still alive as far as I'm concerned. So unless someone walks by his dead body next season and we see it, I don't believe he's out yet.

one last thing, its a question: I guess Arya is going to Braavos next season, is that where Dany currently is? I forget.

Hi guys,
What are your top three highlights from the last seasons? (you can put 2 more honourable mentions if you have lots)

For me, top three highlights:
  1. Joffrey's death - So so so so satisfying. The details they went into, his agony as life spun out of him, the face shots, the leading up to it with how he bullied Tyrion etc. Was very satisfying death.
  2. The Mountain vs The Viper - this one will haunt me for awhile. Sometimes I still get the echo of Oberyn's screaming when I think about GoT... Graphic. And done to one of the show's most loved persona, too. ;__; And I kept thinking how terrifying it must be. To die the way your sister had. So helpless and so brutal.
  3. Tyrion's revenge. He loved Shae. He loved her very much, and he had to kill her with his own hands. Then, that little shot of him dragging the crossbow to the privy. And how he took his father's life. Tywin even admitted that he had always wanted him dead. I don't know how hard it must be for Tyrion to finally hear those words from his father's lips.

Honourable Mentions:
  • Littlefinger and Lysa's death at the moon door. I kept thinking how harrowing it must be, as she fell through the air, realising that even after everything she had done for him, he would forever despise her. He only loved Cat, and even if Lysa burns the world for Littlefinger, he will still push her to her death. That realisation, and the impending crash against the ground, and her face, was a great death scene, for me. Plus, that lead-up, with Littlefinger cruelly insinuating that he might have fallen for her.... AND THEN PUSH!
  • Orson Lannister. LOL idk. This scene stays with me. And its made even more hilarious later when I think it as GRRM cameo.

There's so much goodies, actually. It's quite hard to pick 5.... haha.

Again, this kind of hateful horseshit isn't called for. You can't just internalise the misogyny of the show and reproduce it in the real world. If the show featured white people being racist about black people, would you be joining in? I hope not! So don't throw all this kind of hateful stuff about women around.
Could you please go ruin another topic with your politically correct bullshit?

I honestly don't mean to be a dick, but can we also have rules in place asking posters not to make comments about the books even in relationship to "My friend says this is cooler in comparison" or "this part was different". I think there is still much danger that route for being spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom