• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

It's Friday and there's nothing on TV this weekend to start getting hyped for. True Blood?? The fuck outta here HBO. The Void is real.

200.gif

Nameless

Game of Thrones Season 4 Finale Crowd Reactions at The Burlington Bar:
http://youtu.be/L6M0Lrfwvng

I wish there was something like this in my city, but sadly it would probably have a shit turn out.

Oh and nice response for King Stannis. The people are coming around to their One True King .

The fucking king

All dat swag

The Leftovers starts on the 29th. Reviews of the pilot that have come in are positive, although it's apparently very bleak.

OddOne will be doing the OT I believe.

I heard people hate the book because
it never addresses the glaring question.
If the show is the same I could see not liking it.

Nameless

True. What about that new hbo show that is premiering?

The Leftovers? I'll give it a shot, but honestly the post LOST deluge of 'mysterious event' TV series has me a bit weary. Hopefully it's more than weekly cock teases and non-revelations all leading to a big cliffhanger in the season finale. Rinse & Repeat.

Nameless

The fucking king

All dat swag

The Leftovers starts on the 29th. Reviews of the pilot that have come in are positive, although it's apparently very bleak.

OddOne will be doing the OT I believe.

Dar Lord of Light Armor. +99 undead damage, + 99 Fire resistance

Cipherr

The Leftovers? I'll give it a shot, but honestly the post LOST deluge of 'mysterious event' TV series has me a bit weary. Hopefully it's more than weekly cock teases and non-revelations all leading to a big cliffhanger in the season finale. Rinse & Repeat.

I just looked into this and Leftovers from the trailer appears to indeed be a mysterious, possible question ridden show and Lindeholf or whatever his fucking name is, is involved. LOL!

God, we are gonna get trolled so bad.

The real thing that makes the escalation of the fight stupid though is that while he's laying down in the ravine, he tells Arya to go with Brienne, that she'll protect her. That leads me to believe he figured out why she was really there and makes his (presumed) death all the harder to stomach.
Personally, I took it like this. The Hound sees personal strength as very important. He lost to Brienne, thus making him weak and Brienne strong, and so he was telling Ayra to abandon him for the strong warrior who can take of her. He still sees Ayra as weak, mostly because of her naive view of the world...maybe? The beauty was Ayra taking his money after, showing the Hound that she has grown and doesn't need Brienne or him to survive.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

I wish there was something like this in my city, but sadly it would probably have a shit turn out.

Oh and nice response for King Stannis. The people are coming around to their One True King .

I personally can't figure out why people were cheering on a brother killing, wife cheating, people burning, brooding idiot like Stannis. But I've got to say, him not even flinching as the wilding dude came barreling at him, gets mad props from me. Dude is a much finer general than he is a king. Would make a fine addition to the one true Queen's officer corps. He'll come to bend the knee, just you wait and see...like in 3 seasons from now, but it's going to happen...eventually.

Konosuke

I personally can't figure out why people were cheering on a brother killing, wife cheating, people burning, brooding idiot like Stannis. But I've got to say, him not even flinching as the wilding dude came barreling at him, gets mad props from me. Dude is a much finer general than he is a king. Would make a fine addition to the one true Queen's officer corps. He'll come to bend the knee, just you wait and see...like in 3 seasons from now, but it's going to happen...eventually.

Because people wanted Jon to be safe.

royalan

I just looked into this and Leftovers from the trailer appears to indeed be a mysterious, possible question ridden show and Lindeholf or whatever his fucking name is, is involved. LOL!

God, we are gonna get trolled so bad.

Yeah, no way in hell am I getting sucked into another Lindeloff sham..

And The Leftovers seems to have all the same Lost pitfalls.

--Big mysterious event that Lindeloff doesn't want us to focus on "because it's about the characters"
But will nevertheless be the main source of momentum and tension for the show AND its marketing.

--Big, mysterious cult-like group that does a bunch of random, mysterious shit for "Reasons" and seems to know everything. Or nothing.
Or Everything

--Lone Wolf John Locke characters whose lives used to be completely shit before the show takes place but have gained a new, empowering outlook on life thanks to The Big Mystery that they may know everything about. Or know nothing about.
Or know everything about

Yeah...NOPE

Nameless

But he has a swag rating of 13/100.

FOURTEEN

four-teen out of hundred. git your facts straight yo

1391115398791.gif

Vile treason like this won't stand for much longer.

dbztrk

I must mention how hot Sansa looked coming down the steps to greet Lord Balish in episode 8, while looking like the Queen of the Night. I can't wait for those two to hook up.

These are great, to see the reactions. More stuff like this should show up as extras on Blu-ray's. The most prominent example was a Hannibal BTS video from a theatrical screening and how people reacted to a scene at the end of that movie. With this show, I don't know if that's the way I would want to experience it for the first time. Unlike movies that are almost edited in a way for crowd reactions to really pop, GoT isn't and there's the chance of missing dialog among other things due to the clamoring that is bound to happen.

Loakum

Banned

I found that overly dramatic trailer for "The Leftovers comical". That one woman smacked the sh*t out of that other lady. I damn near fell out my chair from laughing! lol But the void is real without new Game of Throne episodes. Thank goodness I have all 3 seasons on bluray, also this season DVR'd.

mtVqNFC.jpg

Seth C

Guys, guys, the mother of dragons knows who I am. One of my friends was partying with her over the weekend and put in a few good words for me. I'm totally in.

I'd never be able to go to one of these things. My eyes are ears are focused so heavily on the show and I get annoyed by the smallest distractions. I'd be yelling at people to shut the hell up every minute, lol.

I prefer to lock myself out from the world during that one hour.

Lothar

Banned
lol I dont get that, I have never liked Stannis.. That cheer for him was weird...

Ever since Robb died, Stannis has been the only person in Westeros with an army and the desire to stand against the Lannisters.

He's already fought the Lannisters (the main villain family of the series thus far) once and he was bravest person on the battlefield.

Ned also wanted him to be king. That counts for something. As you saw in the last episode, Stannis also respected Ned.

Stannis was also the one person with power that gave a flying fuck about the Night's Watch and responded to their call for help.

Why is it weird?

I don't think the Lannisters even have to be fought anymore. All the ones with brains are gone or dead Thier small council is shrinking and they are broke. Tyrion is exiled and Tywin is dead. What's Jaime and Cercei gonna do? Fight The Tyrels over Tommen.

Concept17

Ever since Robb died, Stannis has been the only person in Westeros with an army and the desire to stand against the Lannisters.

He's already fought the Lannisters (the main villain family of the series thus far) once and he was bravest person on the battlefield.

Ned also wanted him to be king. That counts for something. As you saw in the last episode, Stannis also respected Ned.

Stannis was also the one person with power that gave a flying fuck about the Night's Watch and responded to their call for help.

Why is it weird?

And here I thought Stannis was just up there to recruit more soldiers?

I don't think the Lannisters even have to be fought anymore. All the ones with brains are gone or dead Thier small council is shrinking and they are broke. Tyrion is exiled and Tywin is dead. What's Jaime and Cercei gonna do? Fight The Tyrels over Tommen.

Yeah, pretty much. But the Tyrels are using Tommen to make Marge a queen, without him or the Lannisters, she won't be. Until then, they'll back the Lannisters with money and probably an Army too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom