• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I remembered the scene I just misread the exchange at the end of this episode.

Rather than her realising that Braavos may be a good idea so she can meet up with Jaqen I thought she used the coin as proof of knowing someone important and to get her own way - my mistake.

Can't wait to see more of Braavos though its been hyped up since season one and we only saw the brief bank scene if I recall

Braavos is in the intro so its kind of implied there also

Posted for new page, Season 4 deaths:

Oberyn
Grenn
Pyp
Ygritte
Tywin
Shae
The Hound (?)
Joffrey
Lysa
Jojen
Locke
Styr
Karl
Rast
Dontos

Is it bad that I can't remember a few of them? Who was Lock and Styr? Was Karl the guy who Rast told to put the baby outside or was it the other way round?

Is it bad that I can't remember a few of them? Who was Lock and Styr? Was Karl the guy who Rast told to put the baby outside or was it the other way round?

Styr was the chief of the cannibal tribe of wildlings. Locke was the Bolton agent that tried to kidnap Bran at Craster's Keep. Karl was the fookin legend of Gin Alley that was the leader of the mutineers at Craster's Keep.

Styr was the chief of the cannibal tribe of wildlings. Locke was the Bolton agent that tried to kidnap Bran at Craster's Keep. Karl was the fookin legend of Gin Alley that was the leader of the mutineers at Craster's Keep.

Thanks, so Styr was the massive bald bloke who got his head caved in with a hammer by Jon? I remember Karl now, drinking out of Mormont's skull and then getting sodomised by a sword if I remember rightly.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
No more GoT until next year, so here's a picture of Jon Snu looking short.

TVWziGM.jpg

Thats pretty fucking awesome. Puts into perspective how utterly shitty "Jaime Lannister gave it to me" response was.

Saying that her sword once belonged to Ned Stark before the Lannisters reforged it and gave it to her is a worse response if anything. The only better one would be about the bread, and it's bread, who is to say they'd give a fuck about it? You're dealing with the Hound, he'd likely laugh at her.

Saying that her sword once belonged to Ned Stark before the Lannisters reforged it and gave it to her is a worse response if anything. The only better one would be about the bread, and it's bread, who is to say they'd give a fuck about it? You're dealing with the Hound, he'd likely laughed at her.

Even to Arya the bread wouldn't be a good enough answer. You've got some bread from some guy that you met while travelling so I should trust you even though you've got a sword given to you by the Lannisters?

I don't think there's anything she could have done to convince Arya the moment Sandor exposed that she had some affiliation with Kings Landing.

But even if the Hound wasn't there and Arya agreed to go with her, the moment she found out that she plans to take her to safety, to Jamie, Arya would have bailed.

Other than going to see Jon, Jaqen is her next and only other hope that she's aware of.

Even to Arya the bread wouldn't be a good enough answer. You've got some bread from some guy that you met while travelling so I should trust you even though you've got a sword given to you by the Lannisters?

I don't think there's anything she could have done to convince Arya the moment Sandor exposed that she had some affiliation with Kings Landing.

But even if the Hound wasn't there and Arya agreed to go with her, the moment she found out that she plans to take her to safety, to Jamie, Arya would have bailed.

Other than going to see Jon, Jaqen is her next and only other hope that she's aware of.
Even if the odds werent that great in her favor, it still seems ridiculous for her to not try. I've said it before, but that fight felt forced. like you could see the writers moving the pieces in place just for that fight to happen.

Even if the odds werent that great in her favor, it still seems ridiculous for her to not try. I've said it before, but that fight felt forced. like you could see the writers moving the pieces in place just for that fight to happen.

Brienne wasn't exactly dealing with the most reasonable people, nor did she have much time. The Hound wouldn't have cared what she had to say, and Arya is inherently distrustful of people claiming to protect her.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't expecting the fight. It was awesome to watch and I don't regret that it was in there but I also found it really weird that they just started to suddenly fight to the death, lol. Definitely felt forced, but who knows, it might be the way GRRM wrote it.

Brienne wasn't exactly dealing with the most reasonable people, nor did she have much time. The Hound wouldn't have cared what she had to say, and Arya is inherently distrustful of people claiming to protect her.
From the Hounds perspective it didn't look good either. Brienne walks up in shiny armor sporting a Lannister gold sword with Tyrion's squire. Pair that with the bounty on his head and it makes sense he was combative.

Zabka

From the Hounds perspective it didn't look good either. Brienne walks up in shiny armor sporting a Lannister gold sword with Tyrion's squire. Pair that with the bounty on his head and it makes sense he was combative.

Yup. He's been attacked by Lannister people out for the bounty all season. Throw in her recognizing Arya and there's no way they were making nice.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
WOW :D body count! :D

I salute you, participants in the Game of Thrones! o7

You win... or u diiiieeeeee~

Heshinshi, awesome post <3

Yes, I agree with that dude being dead. I dont know what people asks about his fate. Some fans are very detailed on how properly tied up every loose ends are I guess :> In a way, I can appreciate that kind of curiosity cuz I miss out on a lot of details kind of person...

Your scenes are awesome ! The inn scene :> You reminded me of it now, and how it was so well acted and shot ! I love The Hound in that scene so much... CHICKINZ

I really wish that there existed an alternate story board where, the Hound, Arya, Brienne, and Pod met up, and instead of fighting each other, they teamed up for the most badass collaboration Westeros had ever seen. Season 5, 6 and 7 could just be about their exploits across Westeros and Essos. Every few episodes you can even throw in a few other characters for a "special appearance by...", and just show what the Fab 4's interaction with the other characters would be.

I would have been completely satisfied by that lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I would have been completely satisfied by that lol

I'd tune in. I was dreading seeing those characters clash, since they're all so great and I didn't want to see any of them go. I'll miss the Hound (if he's truly gone) but at least the rest are still kickin.

So anyways, I finally ordered the first book. I'm not an avid reader so I doubt I'll get ahead of the series before it returns, but this way I can get my fix until then. I'm too hooked on the ASOFAI universe to just pretend it doesn't exist for the next year.

Heshinsi

You're missing the part where Oberyn lives and joins them.

Shh..that was supposed to be a Season 5 episode 2 surprise.

Oberyn is both a faceless man and a warg. He wasn't the one fighting the mountain. That was some poor sap that got his face forcibly changed, and then had Oberyn warg his mind. No wonder the Prince was so careless after he downed the Mountain. Why would he care? He was just RPGing as some poor bastard. You then find out that Obi is so good at this, he was in someone else's body fighting the Mountain, while physically banging two people in his private suite at Chateau de Lannisters.

Deitus

Who's still left of Aarya's list. I feel like she hasn't had a chance to kill enough of them.

Off the top of my head, Ilyn Payne (the man who executed her father) and Cersei. I can't remember if Meryn Trant (the man who killed Syrio, maybe) was on there too.

But yeah, her list is certainly dwindling of late.

Deitus

Meryn was on there. The Mountain as well. Can't think of any others in addition to that.

I cheated and looked it up (show only I promise).

Walder Frey is apparently on there for the Red Wedding. I don't remember her saying his name, but I guess she knew he was responsible because it was his soldiers celebrating Rob's death, I think.

Also the Red Woman (Arya doesn't know her name) for taking Gendry, and a couple of of the Brotherhood Without Banners for selling Gendry to her.

Nameless

I cheated and looked it up (show only I promise).

Walder Frey is apparently on there for the Red Wedding. I don't remember her saying his name, but I guess she knew he was responsible because it was his soldiers celebrating Rob's death, I think.

Also the Red Woman (Arya doesn't know her name) for taking Gendry, and a couple of of the Brotherhood Without Banners for selling Gendry to her.

That old farmer who took her and Hound in and fed them rabbit stew also mentioned how fucked up Walder's actions were.

Disappointed we didn't check in on Walder Frey this season. He's been amazing everytime we've seen him. I also was curious to see if he moved to Riverrun and what happened to Edmure.

Heshinsi

That old farmer who took her and Hound in and fed them rabbit stew also mentioned how fucked up Walder's actions were.

Disappointed we didn't check in on Walder Frey this season. He's been amazing everytime we've seen him. I also was curious to see if he moved to Riverrun and what happened to Edmure.

Wasn't there a scene of him and Bolton this season? Yes there was, cause I remember some maid cleaning up the blood in the hall. Walder mentions something about Edmure being held in the dungeon or something.

I want to know where Blackfish is though:

sukfDBi.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wasn't there a scene of him and Bolton this season? Yes there was, cause I remember some maid cleaning up the blood in the hall. Walder mentions something about Edmure being held in the dungeon or something.

That was episode 10 of season 3. (Ah, beaten) I'm also curious about Blackfish. In that scene, he's mentioned but they're like "whatever, he's just some old fart". Hopefully he re-emerges at some point to get revenge for the Starks and Tully's. Those sweet arrow skills could come into use.

J-Rod

The hound was right, brienne is stupid. Even though she has good intentions and even if she could've convinced them of that, how in her mind could she think Kings Landing be anywhere but the least safest place for any stark is beyond me. Wake up dummy. Jamie wouldn't have the power to keep her safe no matter if he wanted to or not.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The hound was right, brienne is stupid. Even though she has good intentions and even if she could've convinced them of that, how in her mind could she think Kings Landing be anywhere but the least safest place for any stark is beyond me. Wake up dummy. Jamie wouldn't have the power to keep her safe no matter if he wanted to or not.

Did Brienne really had in mind to bring Arya back to Kings Landing? I thought she was just looking for her to protect her and bring her back to the North.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hey, at least Arya's headed to the best place she could be. Brienne unintentionally helped make that happen.

King's Landing is a no-no as you said, Bolton's got the north, and she probably wouldn't want to live in that tree with Brandon (if they could magically find him). She could stay with Jon at the wall but it doesn't seem like the best place to be at the moment, and it probably wouldn't be that cool living in a fort with 50 thirsty as fuck dudes. Total sausage fest. The Vale is the only other good option but Littlefinger's scheming and Titty Boy kinda ruin it.

Did Brienne really had in mind to bring Arya back to Kings Landing? I thought she was just looking for her to protect her and bring her back to the North.

I don't think her plans for Arya were ever specifically stated but before their fight Sandor pointed out that she wouldn't be safe anywhere now that pretty much all of her family along with Winterfell are gone.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Greywater Watch would be safer. Last Hearth too, along with a few other places in the North. Getting there would be a problem, though.

zma1013

Wait what? Is that what she was trying to do, find the Stark girls and bring the back to King's Landing? I don't recall that being the plan, I thought the plan was just a vague, "Get them to safety." I don't remember there being any deal to bring them back to King's Landing, that would be idiotic.

The Hound was right though that there really isn't anywhere safe for them to be though. Everywhere you turn there's death. There is no safe haven it seems.

As for the fight itself, I do feel it started out as a genuine fight, but then after Brienne had the Hound down on the ground giving him a chance to quit, it felt a bit forced that he would still assume she was after the bounty, unless the bounty was to take him alive, I'd just assumed it was to kill him. Anyone out for the gold would have just killed him right there, not allow him to surrender. The other part of me thinks though that somewhere in the Hound's brain, he was more angry that he was getting whopped by a woman so he just started fighting again. The real thing that makes the escalation of the fight stupid though is that while he's laying down in the ravine, he tells Arya to go with Brienne, that she'll protect her. That leads me to believe he figured out why she was really there and makes his (presumed) death all the harder to stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom