• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

televator

80s intro theme

guQwamH.jpg

The one with the hoop earrings, is that supposed to be Ned's dead sister? Cus I can't ID her with a proper actor on the show.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Renly was a traitor and declared himself king even though it was his brothers by rights.

You know Dany essentially killed her brother too right? She also burned people alive and locked 2 people in a vault to die a slow painful death of starvation/dehydration and her inactions lead to a little kid being burned and eaten by Drogon.

1. Her brother just threatened to kill her and her unborn child in front of her warrior father. The outcome of that altercation was inevitable; his body in the dirt. She did not start this conflict, her brother did, and her husband finished it.

2. She burned a woman alive, yes. After the woman had betrayed her by killing her unborn child and turning the only person she ever loved into a vegetable. The woman had her reasons for this, of course, but you can't fuck someone over so greatly like this and just walk away unscathed. In her case, unburnt.

3. She was betrayed by these two people. They stole her children and killed some of her people. A quick death would have been "nicer", I guess?

4. She clearly felt terrible for what her Dragon had done. She cared. She even tried to make amends for this. I think this is probably her only genuine crime, being a shit parent and not having her kids in check. She at least had the common sense to lock them up so they don't fuck with anyone else (which some people took issue with.. and they're just being silly. You can't have Dragons you can't totally control roaming the fucking skies and shit).

Now, let's get to Stannis, the man who has a decent amount of fans and many people seem to like or be indifferent to, and who doesn't get nearly as much grief in this thread as that mean old meany McMeany, Dany Targaryen.

1. Is being heavily manipulated by a crazy voodoo witch.

2. Has burned many innocent people to death. Some his own relatives.

3. Hides his only living child in a room because she's not pretty enough. To put a little more frosting on this shit-cake he also seems to seldom visit her.

4. Was willing to sacrifice a young man to put a voodoo spell on his enemies at the behest of his crazy witch friend.

5. Locked up the only man around him with any sense and morality after he tried to kill his crazy witch queen after she made a tasteless quip about his dead son. Later, The One True King would sentence the same man to death for doing the right thing and letting a boy live instead of being some bullshit voodoo sacrifice for a crazy witch lady.

ALL HAIL KING STANNIS
lol

I could also get on him about his personality and overall intellect too, or lack thereof, but I think the above points will suffice.

I could also get on him about his personality and overall intellect too, or lack thereof, but I think the above points will suffice.
It must hurt that Stannis has such a boring personality and yet people find him much more interesting than Danny. I think that says more about Danny right now than Stannis
lol

Until she gets some interesting characters to interact with her whether new from Essos or people from Westeros, a certain group of people won't care much for her story. I think part of the reason people have an issue with her is that she's cold hearted and thinks she's an angel coming from the sky to save everyone.. at least that's my impression. Stannis stood in his castle season 3 and it was one of the most boring arcs in the entire show, this is what is happening to Danny as well.

Great season.

But whatever happened to Bran's brother (I forget his name)? They separated at the end of season 3, but we didn't hear one word from or about him the entire season 4. Considering he's one of the last full-flooded male Stark son's around, you'd think they would address his whereabouts. I guess he's lying face down in a river somewhere. :(

ReiGun

Great season.

But whatever happened to Bran's brother (I forget his name)? They separated at the end of season 3, but we didn't hear one word from or about him the entire season 4. Considering he's one of the last full-flooded male Stark son's around, you'd think they would address his whereabouts. I guess he's lying face down in a river somewhere. :(

Rickon's training for the day he takes back the North. Believe.

0bXuSmf.gif

tino

Banned
So, has Maester Pycelle ever done anything useful on the show (no counter as an exposition device)? Is he supposed to be a running joke?

Does he get dismissed by Cersie every time he meet her on screen?

I thought this was going to be a show I would never re-watch. Though I love the show, I can find plenty to bitch about. But as time has gone on, and after having read many here stating the second viewing is better, I think I'm about to dive back in. I just got seasons 1-3 on bluray in the mail yesterday. Though I'm excited to see them, I think I'm mostly excited to watch all the behind the scenes and commentaries. I hope they're good!

And even though a lot of you have talked about it, I hadn't yet listened to "The Children" ending them with choir until just a moment ago. What a fool I was to have waited so long:
William-Shatner-Slapping-Himself.gif

Was just thinking: So fathers (or heads of houses?) have the ability to give their bastard sons their names, like Roose did with Ramsey, but why didn't Ned ever do that with John Snow?

Showaddy

Was just thinking: So fathers (or heads of houses?) have the ability to give their bastard sons their names, like Roose did with Ramsey, but why didn't Ned ever do that with John Snow?

I think it has to be by royal decree so it's pretty rare. Plus Ned had 5 legitimate children anyway so he never needed to.

royalan

I have a question about Jon Snow based on something scattered things I've read around the net. I'm not sure if this is a spoiler though, so I'm going to put it in tags just to be safe.

Potential GoT book/show/Idunno spoiler
Is "Snow" the last name of the family of Jon's mother? Or is "Snow" just the official last name all bastards from the North are given, similar to the other regions? The last names on this show throw me off because I can't trace them.

Siegcram

I have a question about Jon Snow based on something scattered things I've read around the net. I'm not sure if this is a spoiler though, so I'm going to put it in tags just to be safe.

Is "Snow" the last name of the family of Jon's mother? Or is "Snow" just the official last name all bastards from the North are given, similar to the other regions? The last names on this show throw me off because I can't trace them.
The latter. We don't know anything about Jon's mom.

Aucool

I wrote this post in the Skyrim thread, but that thread seems quiete dead, so I'm posting again it here:

When I played Skyrim for the first time I wasn't a fan of Game of Thrones, now I'm addicted to the show and I've bought it again on PC thanks to the Summer Sale and I'm having a blast with it, playing as a Nord is simply priceless. Btw, I can't believe that id doesn't still exist a good GoT total conversion, I would pay for it!

Yeah i believe the Bolton bastard had the same surname. I think they're named after the ares they're born into.

kirblar

Reach - Flowers
Westerlands - Hill
Iron Islands - Pyke
Riverlands - Rivers
Dorne - Sand
North - Snow
Vale - Stone
Stormlands - Storm
Crownlands - Waters

Yeah, it's based on where you were born. Here's the full list of bastard surnames and their associated region, so you don't have to risk getting yourself spoiled on accident.

The saddest thing on reflection this season is we never got another scene between the Cleganes (if the Hound truly is dead). I kinda wanted to see them go at it one more time. Or at least some kind of confrontation. The Mountain came across as a smart fucker in season 2, the constant recasting is seriously jarring.

Complistic

The saddest thing on reflection this season is we never got another scene between the Cleganes (if the Hound truly is dead). I kinda wanted to see them go at it one more time. Or at least some kind of confrontation. The Mountain came across as a smart fucker in season 2, the constant recasting is seriously jarring.

I just can't see them killing the hound off screen.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...region.PNG/1000px-Bastard_names_by_region.PNG

royalan

The latter. We don't know anything about Jon's mom.

Yeah i believe the Bolton bastard had the same surname. I think they're named after the ares they're born into.

Reach - Flowers
Westerlands - Hill
Iron Islands - Pyke
Riverlands - Rivers
Dorne - Sand
North - Snow
Vale - Stone
Stormlands - Storm
Crownlands - Waters

Yeah, it's based on where you were born. Here's the full list of bastard surnames and their associated region, so you don't have to risk getting yourself spoiled on accident.

Thank you. I try not to read TOO far in the wiki entries so I don't get spoiled, but this one always bugged me.

Another question...

...WHY does The North seem to have to lamest castle of all the 7 kingdoms (and regions)? Seriously...Highgarden? The Eerie? Glorious palaces that Shit on Winterfell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom