• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anymore reaction vids to Hound vs Brienne? Was masterfully done and the greatness of GoT made the outcome unpredictable.

I didn't saw it, but I enjoyed watching the fight with a friend, the moment the swords got drawn she got tense as hell and started screaming at the TV!!! I had the same reaction as well.

Anymore reaction vids to Hound vs Brienne? Was masterfully done and the greatness of GoT made the outcome unpredictable.
The fight didn't excite me too much, and it is mostly because I love the Hound and knew how the fight was going to end up. In fact, I'm feeling generous. I'll let you all in on how to predict the outcome of a fight in Game of Thrones. It is quite complicated:

Not a book spoiler:
The person you want to win is going to lose
There you have it, folks.

does that mean stannis now has like thousands of cavalry and a hundred thousand wildlings to march on kings landing (given that he pardons the wildlings when they bend the knee)?

Stannis decided that he wouldn't become king to serve the realm but rather serve the realm to become king.

Pretty cool and noble lf his part, good for him to focus on the actual threat instead of king's landing little games. He is so unlikable though.

BLACKLAC

The fight didn't excite me too much, and it is mostly because I love the Hound and knew how the fight was going to end up. In fact, I'm feeling generous. I'll let you all in on how to predict the outcome of a fight in Game of Thrones. It is quite complicated:

Not a book spoiler:
The person you want to win is going to lose
There you have it, folks.

I wanted both of them to win :(.

Rorschach

Ned didn't "want" Stannis to be king. He just knew it was the right order of succession and Ned was a man of principal. No one actually liked Stannis. Not even his brothers.

Ned didn't "want" Stannis to be king. He just knew it was the right order of succession and Ned was a man of principal. No one actually liked Stannis. Not even his brothers.

Stannis seemed like he was probably a real buzzkill when they were younger. I can imagine Robert saying "Oh fuck off Stannis" a lot.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Yeah I felt that he really did think that Renly would have been a much better choice, but for Ned, rules are rules. I really don't get Ned. Says no to Renly because he's 2nd in line to the throne, but he's ok with having Littlefinger buy off the Gold Cloaks in order to pull off his power move. That's shady Ned, and look how it turned out.

does that mean stannis now has like thousands of cavalry and a hundred thousand wildlings to march on kings landing (given that he pardons the wildlings when they bend the knee)?

I think the wildlings would gladly fight to take over Kings Landing if it meant they get over the wall. Because as of right now with the army Stannis had behind him, that probably won't happen. Question is though, will Stannis want that, if the wildlings are out of control and kill everyone and everything in sight then why would the people want him as their king.

Dommo

What even happened in ep 8 season 1? Can't remember

I believe Joffrey has become king by then but it might just be the general tone of the show. I know I felt that way even before Ned's death to me too. The whole first season is a big wake up call with Ned's death being a final confirmation of how unforgiving the show is.

kubus

Ned's execution was Episode 9, yeah.

I remember because the same friends who pushed me into watching Game of Thrones asked on which episode I was, and I said "Episode 8", and they replied with "So what did you think of Ned's beheading?"

:|

Nameless

These are great, to see the reactions. More stuff like this should show up as extras on Blu-ray's. The most prominent example was a Hannibal BTS video from a theatrical screening and how people reacted to a scene at the end of that movie. With this show, I don't know if that's the way I would want to experience it for the first time. Unlike movies that are almost edited in a way for crowd reactions to really pop, GoT isn't and there's the chance of missing dialog among other things due to the clamoring that is bound to happen.

I'd never be able to go to one of these things. My eyes are ears are focused so heavily on the show and I get annoyed by the smallest distractions. I'd be yelling at people to shut the hell up every minute, lol.

I prefer to lock myself out from the world during that one hour.

For me GoT is one of those shows where the second viewing tends to be my favorite. The first time through is like riding a wave. The second is when I like to submerge and let Thrones wash over me. Sunday night I usually watch with just 1 or 2 people, but the atmosphere at Burlington Bar looks chill. It would be great to have a place like that to go hang out, drink, and experience this show with a room full of fellow diehards.

As popular as this show is, most people I meet don't watch it.

lol I dont get that, I have never liked Stannis.. That cheer for him was weird...

I expected better from you neoism. Because you're a LOST-GAF bro I'll beg the One True King to spare your life and allow you to join the Night's Watch.

Nameless

Can we agree that Littlefinger won this season? He has Sansa, he has The Vale, and now with Tywin, Tyrion, and Varys gone the three people most capable of opposing his rise to power are no longer factors. Cersei is dangerous but she woefully underestimates Baelish, which only works in his favor.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
No more GoT until next year, so here's a picture of Jon Snu looking short.

TVWziGM.jpg
Nothing wrong with a shorty.

1391115398791.gif

Vile treason like this won't stand for much longer.
Stannis's swag points are like too cool for school.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
So what do you guys think will Stannis do with Mance and the Wildlings?

If I was Stannis, I'd tell Mance
"Hey I'll give you some land in the north (just south of the wall) where you and your people can live, if...

1) ...You fight alongside my army against the Lannisters and their allies and help me get on the throne
2) ...You fight with us against the White Walkers when they attack
3) ...You live peacefully in that land or otherwise I will hunt every single one of you down if even one your people hurts my citizens or pillages surrounding villages."

Except for the Thenns I guess, they can stay where they are.

Just noticed the hound never used his left hand while fighting Brienne. That as the side that was bitten right? Guess it was implied he was not 100 percent during the fight. He probably would have defeated her if he was.

Zyae

I personally can't figure out why people were cheering on a brother killing, wife cheating, people burning, brooding idiot like Stannis. But I've got to say, him not even flinching as the wilding dude came barreling at him, gets mad props from me. Dude is a much finer general than he is a king. Would make a fine addition to the one true Queen's officer corps. He'll come to bend the knee, just you wait and see...like in 3 seasons from now, but it's going to happen...eventually.

Renly was a traitor and declared himself king even though it was his brothers by rights.

You know Dany essentially killed her brother too right? She also burned people alive and locked 2 people in a vault to die a slow painful death of starvation/dehydration and her inactions lead to a little kid being burned and eaten by Drogon.

Ever since Robb died, Stannis has been the only person in Westeros with an army and the desire to stand against the Lannisters.

He's already fought the Lannisters (the main villain family of the series thus far) once and he was bravest person on the battlefield.

Ned also wanted him to be king. That counts for something. As you saw in the last episode, Stannis also respected Ned.

Stannis was also the one person with power that gave a flying fuck about the Night's Watch and responded to their call for help.

Why is it weird?

The lannisters are done anyway. The family might still be rich but Tywin's family was the only one with any power. The power was based on a lie and when it comes out, the family will lose anything they have in kings landing. I wonder who will make it to the throne next season. I would like to say Cersei but she lost her mind when joffrey died.

You know Dany essentially killed her brother too right? She also burned people alive and locked 2 people in a vault to die a slow painful death of starvation/dehydration and her inactions lead to a little kid being burned and eaten by Drogon.

She's still one of my favorites but there's no doubt that she gets a pass for much of the wrong she's done because she's also done a lot of good and the bad gets overlooked.

The lannisters are done anyway. The family might still be rich but Tywin's family was the only one with any power. The power was based on a lie and when it comes out, the family will lose anything they have in kings landing. I wonder who will make it to the throne next season. I would like to say Cersei but she lost her mind when joffrey died.

Margaery needs a king to be queen, Tommen is that king so I think the Tyrell's will back the Lannisters, and there's a good chance that Cercei will have to deal with it because at this point, she doesn't have many other options if she wants to continue living like royalty.

Also, the Lannisters aren't rich, it's been said on at least a couple occasions that they have no money, and they're massively in debt to the Iron Bank.

DedValve

Banned
No more GoT until next year, so here's a picture of Jon Snu looking short.

TVWziGM.jpg

u knuw nuthin Jon Snu!

Man imma miss Ygrittes accent :(

Her final scene being burned was beautiful. The cinematography was really outstanding there. It reminded me of Twilight for some reason except really well done. Maybe because Ygritte looks a lot like Bella.

Yeah I felt that he really did think that Renly would have been a much better choice, but for Ned, rules are rules. I really don't get Ned. Says no to Renly because he's 2nd in line to the throne, but he's ok with having Littlefinger buy off the Gold Cloaks in order to pull off his power move. That's shady Ned, and look how it turned out.
The power move to carry out robert's commands. No contradiction in Ned's values there.

He'd have been better off trusting Renly than Littlefinger.
Well I wasn't responding to what would have been better or not, just to the idea that using the king's own soldiers to carry out the kings royal commands to remove an imposter successor from usurping the throne is perfectly in line with "follow the rules" Ned stark.

She's still one of my favorites but there's no doubt that she gets a pass for much of the wrong she's done because she's also done a lot of good and the bad gets overlooked.

Margaery needs a king to be queen, Tommen is that king so I think the Tyrell's will back the Lannisters, and there's a good chance that Cercei will have to deal with it because at this point, she doesn't have many other options if she wants to continue living like royalty.

Also, the Lannisters aren't rich, it's been said on at least a couple occasions that they have no money, and they're massively in debt to the Iron Bank.

They are? I though Robert was the one in debt with Tywin.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
They are? I though Robert was the one in debt with Tywin.

Robert was, "The Crown" (Westeros) has no money to pay back the Lanisters and The Crown is still in debt to The Iron Bank. The Iron Bank is in Bravos, overseas.

High Garden is paying for a lot of stuff so The Crown will also be indebted to them.

jon sno abs just doesnt do it for me :<

his face is perpetually tortured-soul-ish and its not a hawt look.

man i miss robb stark, that bonehead :<

Showaddy

I don't think the Lannisters are actually poor, it's just that their Gold Mines have run dry. They may not have been the richest house any more but Tywin must have been raking in cash bearing in mind he's lent gold to so many people; debt collection, interest repayments that sort of thing.

kirblar

I bet he's going to be so happy when the show (or his part in it) is done and he's able to get a haircut for the first time in 7-8 years.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Game of Thrones Season 4 Finale Crowd Reactions at The Burlington Bar:
http://youtu.be/L6M0Lrfwvng

I wish there was something like this in my city, but sadly it would probably have a shit turn out.

Oh and nice response for King Stannis. The people are coming around to their One True King .

My God. I couldn't possibly watch an episode under these conditions.

Shut the fuck up, people.

televator

So there's no head at casterly rock and there probably won't be one. The only figurehead at the throne is Cersie who would ironically be clawing at Tommen against Margery. It'll be interesting to see how Tommen develops in these conditions.

lol

Wish Brienne had handled the situation better but seemed like she also imagined Arya would just happily jump into her arms.

Old yeah, but there was absolutely nothing Brienne could have said to change that situation. Sandor had this air about about him where you knew there was going to be no reasoning with him - shit was gonna go down. It's happened 3 times in the show - with Bronn, with the Lannister Soldiers, and lastly Brienne.

The second he walked out I knew someone was going to die. Man i'm gonna miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom