• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle553

After watching the history of Westeros Blu-Ray features it definitely makes sense for
Stannis to lead the fight against the White Walkers. Dragonstone (his castle) was built on an island with large deposits of obsidian (or dragonglass) that is the only thing to kill the White Walkers.

BTW, I have not read the books.

Booties

Banned
I think the wedding feast leading up to Joffery's death was the greatest scene, maybe second to the trial. You had this gut wrenching feeling of impending doom. Not sure exactly what was going to happen to whom, but whatever it was, it was going to be upsetting. Definitely the most suspenseful scene for me.I was tense the whole way through.

I think the wedding feast leading up to Joffery's death was the greatest scene, maybe second to the trial. You had this gut wrenching feeling of impending doom. Not sure exactly what was going to happen to whom, but whatever it was, it was going to be upsetting. Definitely the most suspenseful scene for me.I was tense the whole way through.
I was hoping for Shae's corpse to be dragged out. Luckily the finale rewarded my patience.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
250px-Dontos_HBO.jpg

He's the fat Captain America.

So who did Cersei hate more. Her father, or Tyrion?

Anyone think there's a possibility she was in on letting Tyrion free hoping he would seek revenge and kill Tywin?

I personally think her hatred for Tyrion was bigger, but on the other hand, Tywin was a bigger threat to her.

Sajjaja

Anyone think there's a possibility she was in on letting Tyrion free hoping he would seek revenge and kill Tywin?

I personally think her hatred for Tyrion was bigger, but on the other hand, Tywin was a bigger threat to her.

Absolutely no chance that she hated Tywin more than Tyrion. She wanted to see him die from the moment he was born.

WOW :D body count! :D

I salute you, participants in the Game of Thrones! o7

You win... or u diiiieeeeee~

Dude is dead. I thought the whole point of that scene was to show just how long Varys was willing to wait to exact his revenge. To reinforce the idea that Varys was a man who played the long game.

Just when I had expunged that image from my mind, here you are rushing it back in.

Favourite scene(s) this season were pretty much most of Arya and the Hound's scenes. Watching Arya turn into the Kingdom's most promising killer was incredible. The scenes is the inn being my favourite:

Many of Prince Oberyn's scenes were great too:

Sith Lord Sansa's awakening:

Honourable mentions:

HOLY SHIT WHITE WALKER BABY!!

And finally, this scene had me fist pumping like a cast member on the set of the Jersey Shore:

got_death_3.gif

Heshinshi, awesome post <3

Yes, I agree with that dude being dead. I dont know what people asks about his fate. Some fans are very detailed on how properly tied up every loose ends are I guess :> In a way, I can appreciate that kind of curiosity cuz I miss out on a lot of details kind of person...

Your scenes are awesome ! The inn scene :> You reminded me of it now, and how it was so well acted and shot ! I love The Hound in that scene so much... CHICKINZ

Definitely Tyrion. I think the interesting thing I didn't even ponder until now is what would've happened if Shae wasn't there and it was simply Tywin asleep. I don't think he was going there to kill Tywin, but rather talk and get closure....which probably would've ended terribly for Tyrion.

Definitely Tyrion. I think the interesting thing I didn't even ponder until now is what would've happened if Shae wasn't there and it was simply Tywin asleep. I don't think he was going there to kill Tywin, but rather talk and get closure....which probably would've ended terribly for Tyrion.

oh yeaaaaaah. i agree. no doubt if shae had not been there, the night would have ended quite differently for tyrion :O

Nice. I think could watch a GoT based Anime.

This is great! I love your style. You should definitely do more. :D

This is really lovely. :D

Thanks, you all <3 Much appreciated !

My favourite scene was an insignificant one, in a really early episode.

Tyrion and Bronn go to see Oberyn in Littlefingers whorehouse, Oberyn mentions getting some women and there's an amazing shot of (I think) Bronn smiling and nodding whilst Tyrion shakes his head

It was just perfect, bronn rules

My favourite scene was an insignificant one, in a really early episode.

Tyrion and Bronn go to see Oberyn in Littlefingers whorehouse, Oberyn mentions getting some women and there's an amazing shot of (I think) Bronn smiling and nodding whilst Tyrion shakes his head

It was just perfect, bronn rules

23315fadb6724181f30e61f2620200cd-gif-of-the-day-bronn-and-tyrion-disagree.gif

I just realized something.

Didn't Tyrion just do Cersei a favor?

Now, she doesn't have to marry Loras, and since Jamie is Kingsgard, she is now the only remaining Lannister heir to Casterly Rock.

Now, she doesn't have to marry Loras, and since Jamie is Kingsgard, she is now the only remaining Lannister heir to Casterly Rock.

Idk how gender plays out in Westeros inheritance law

But theres chance Casterly Rock will go to Tywin's younger brothers ... if I recall, he had one? Kevan or some such??? My memory is really bad though XD;

Sajjaja

Well, Cersei threatened to announce to everyone that Ned Stark was right so I'm not sure Tywin would have followed through in the first place.

Well, Cersei threatened to announce to everyone that Ned Stark was right so I'm not sure Tywin would have followed through in the first place.

I'm not convinced she would have followed through.

That might have been the end of the House Lannister legacy, but it also would have meant that everybody would have died, right? Cersei and Jamie for sure, for propogating that hoax on the Seven Kingdoms. I can't imagine that Tommen would escape from it either. Cersei might have been willing to kill herself and Tommen when the Red Keep was being seiged, but I don't think she would have given up everyone's lives just not to marry Loras. Not only that, it also would have cleared House Stark from the accusations of treason. I think it was a bluff.

I guess we'll never know, but those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I'm not convinced she would have followed through.

That might have been the end of the House Lannister legacy, but it also would have meant that everybody would have died, right? Cersei and Jamie for sure, for propogating that hoax on the Seven Kingdoms. I can't imagine that Tommen would escape from it either. Cersei might have been willing to kill herself and Tommen when the Red Keep was being seiged, but I don't think she would have given up everyone's lives just not to marry Loras. Not only that, it also would have cleared House Stark from the accusations of treason. I think it was a bluff.

I guess we'll never know, but those are just my thoughts on the matter.

I agree. Seemed like that threat was a vehicle only intended to undermine what Tywin thought he had built, not something she'd actually follow through with and undermine Cersei's own power.

NooM

Banned
So Just to tally up:

Oberyn
Grenn
Pyp
Ygritte
Tywin
Shae
The Hound (?)
Joffrey
Lysa
Jojen
Locke
Styr
Karl
Rast
Dontos
Polliver
Rorge
Biter
Mag the mighty (and his brother)
Hotpie's Direwolf bread (eaten by Pod).

Czigga

I have a theory about bran. When he's talking to the old guy in the root cave, the guy tells him he will never walk again, but he will fly. I think at some point he's gonna use his warg powers to tame and fly a dragon, perhaps/probably daenerys' black dragon that killed the baby that hasn't yet returned to her.

He will then ride for glory and conquer the world.

not sure about the last part but I think the main part is a pretty solid guess

Nameless

I have a theory about bran. When he's talking to the old guy in the root cave, the guy tells him he will never walk again, but he will fly. I think at some point he's gonna use his warg powers to tame and fly a dragon, perhaps/probably daenerys' black dragon that killed the baby that hasn't yet returned to her.

He will then ride for glory and conquer the world.

not sure about the last part but I think the main part is a pretty solid guess

Yup. But I think the more important thing the Old God said to him was that he was brought there to "get back" what he had lost. Since it's not the use of his legs, then it has to be Winterfell/The North.

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

Yup. But I think the more important thing the Old God said to him was that he was brought there to "get back" what he had lost. Since it's not the use of his legs, then it has to be Winterfell/The North.

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

why does everyone think bran will warg them dragons. wouldnt that make him uber OP? :O i still think he wont be dragoning. but yeah. i mean its too awesome if he would cuz the starks have been so whipped and neutered and i dare not hope GRRM would make one of them a powerhouse

i... i just dont have the heart to hope for the starks anymore ;__;

Jonogunn

Ya fuck GRRM. Give the Starks some more love geez. They were already robbed of 2 revenge killings (Joffrey and Tywin).

There's still Jaime but he's been partially redeemed so it's not the same anymore.

Nameless

why does everyone think bran will warg them dragons. wouldnt that make him uber OP? :O i still think he wont be dragoning. but yeah. i mean its too awesome if he would cuz the starks have been so whipped and neutered and i dare not hope GRRM would make one of them a powerhouse

i... i just dont have the heart to hope for the starks anymore ;__;

Bran has to be heading to something substantial; he's been linked pretty closely to the show's mythology from the beginning and even shares a name with the first King in the North, Bran the Builder.

Maybe it was foreshadowing earlier in the season when he got a little too excited about killing prey as a direwolf. Knowing GRRM it'll be all puppy dogs and rainbows and Neil Marshall directed White Walker killing at first, but things will quickly go dark when Bran becomes obsessed with fire & blood and kills his human body to live centuries as a dragon.

Ya fuck GRRM. Give the Starks some more love geez. They were already robbed of 2 revenge killings (Joffrey and Tywin).

There's still Jaime but he's been partially redeemed so it's not the same anymore.

yes yes they really got robbed of two revenge killings >:O

and yeah, jaime sort of doesnt count anymore. even if they kill him, im not exactly going to fist-pump the air. cuz yeah...

Nameless, hahahah DAT ENDING

Does anyone else feel like characters are dying way too often now? Like, it's just lost all impact really.
I don't know if it's just cos they tried to make all the stories 'climax' at the end of the season and it was more spaced out in the books or what, but damn, we lost Oberyn, all those Night's Watch guys, Jon's gf, that weird kid with Bran, the Hound, Shae and Tywin within 3 episodes, compared to season 1 where the only deaths I can remember for the whole season are Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark.

I'm sure a ton people will tell me season 1 had a bunch of deaths I've forgotten :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom