• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome season 2 got seriously rushed because they were getting cancelled, they basically covered 4 seasons worth of story in 1 season. Rome season 1 is God tier though.

Yeah, so disappointing that it got cancelled and the second season was rushed.

What was the reason? It was too expensive right?

Yeah, so disappointing that it got cancelled and the second season was rushed.

What was the reason? It was too expensive right?

It was a very expensive show and a co-production with BBC. They had a two year deal, BBC didn't want to continue beyond that and HBO didn't want to front the entire bill for production.

It was a very expensive show and a co-production with BBC. They had a two year deal, BBC didn't want to continue beyond that and HBO didn't want to front the entire bill for production.
Also at the time HBO didn't count DVD sales asrevenue for shows, which is baffling. They have sense admitted it was a mistake to cancel the show.

I wish they could bring it back and just retcon S2. Do it properly please :(

E92 M3

Well folks, I am sorry to say bye to you all, but I started reading the books (from the beginning). By next the season I hope to have all 5 read. I will miss you guys - but the wait is too long and I crave for details in the magnificent adventures ahead!

Well folks, I am sorry to say bye to you all, but I started reading the books (from the beginning). By next the season I hope to have all 5 read. I will miss you guys - but the wait is too long and I crave for details in the magnificent adventures ahead!

i am almost at my wit's end waiting for my book delivery. thing is, i am an awful reader who has a lot of other things to take up his time so i'm not sure why i'm so impatient to get these, if only to put them to one side haha.

Sajjaja

i am almost at my wit's end waiting for my book delivery. thing is, i am an awful reader who has a lot of other things to take up his time so i'm not sure why i'm so impatient to get these, if only to put them to one side haha.

lol yeah, I bought the first four and only read half of the 1st one and now they all just sit there staring at me. Literally, because there are faces on them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm just a few chapters into A Game of Thrones. I can already tell that I'm gonna love every moment of it, even if I'm not much of a reader. Anyone who loves the TV show should at least consider it. That's the last I'll speak of the books in here. If we had enough involvement it could be fun to have a LTTP thread for the first book so TV peeps could openly discuss it without getting near the full series spoiler thread.

Nameless

cersei-get-out-o.gif

E92 M3

I bought the 5 book collection. It's unfortunate my reading time is so limited. On another note, I love reading with the TV characters in mind - it enhances the experience.

MediocreIncompleteDove.gif

Monocle

You're making the right decision. The show is good, but the books are... a lot more good. Significantly gooder. The gooderest.

So I watched X-men Days of Future Past. Really good movie but as the movie ended, I was kinda.. eh about it. I think Game of Thrones has ruined television/movies a bit for me.

minor spoilers below in regards to the movie
It was a happy ending overall at the end of the movie. It felt cheesy and way too "typical" when it happened, that my reaction was.. really? It seemed like a story where everything wraps around perfectly and everything is happy and dandy.

Magwik

Banned
So I watched X-men Days of Future Past. Really good movie but as the movie ended, I was kinda.. eh about it. I think Game of Thrones has ruined television/movies a bit for me.

minor spoilers below in regards to the movie
It was a happy ending overall at the end of the movie. It felt cheesy and way too "typical" when it happened, that my reaction was.. really? It seemed like a story where everything wraps around perfectly and everything is happy and dandy.

Same thing happened when I watched Arrow's S2 finale.

You have a weak mind and a weak heart. You're no warrior. Another falls from the ladder.

E92 M3

It's not at all guaranteed you will still enjoy the show after reading the books, though. Just saying.

I'm enjoying the books, even when I what's happening so far. I think the show deviates enough to allow enjoyment. Won't be as shocking - but I want the true Song of Ice and Fire experience.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to disturb the sanctity of the thread, could you pls stop quoting it ;P

Is it spoiler foreshadowing or just random funny?

inky

Jesus Christ, if it is a spoiler I wouldn't know, I haven't read any of the books and if for some reason I knew I certainly wouldn't have posted it in this thread. Heck I didn't even think of the possibility until you mentioned it. I just thought it was a random funny pic with a vegetable in it.

But heck, if it is a spoiler, that would be some scene, lol ;P And you just predisposed everyone to think it is one now.

E92 M3

Jesus Christ, if it is a spoiler I wouldn't know, I haven't read any of the books and if for some reason I knew I certainly wouldn't have posted it in this thread. Heck I didn't even think of the possibility until you mentioned it. I just thought it was a random funny pic with a vegetable in it.

But heck, if it is a spoiler, that would be some scene, lol ;P And you just predisposed everyone to think it is one now.

We're all very sensitive here...lol. Hopefully it's just a funny pic.

Vashetti

Banned
"Darth" Sansa scene was supposed to be in the finale, btw.

The director of the episode said it got moved. I think it would have been better served in the finale, as an 'ending' for each major Stark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom