• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
game-of-thrones-young-1.jpg

LOL Kit loks like Simon Bird a little here :)

News Bot

Banned
I've never watched the show before, but a few days ago I began.

I'm now on Season 3. Fucking great show. I'm ashamed of not getting into it sooner while everyone I knew did. Unfortunately I'm aware of most of the major plot developments (Red Wedding, etc). But they're still great.

Tyrion and Bronn, Westerbros.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've never watched the show before, but a few days ago I began.

I'm now on Season 3. Fucking great show. I'm ashamed of not getting into it sooner while everyone I knew did. Unfortunately I'm aware of most of the major plot developments (Red Wedding, etc). But they're still great.

Tyrion and Bronn, Westerbros.

Get the fuck out of this thread and don't return until you are done. You may be aware of the Red Wedding, but there are still so many awesome little tidbits that could be spoiled by accident.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Soooo, uhhhh, what's up with that picture that everyone is screaming "Hope that's not a spoiler".

That's not a spoiler foreshadow, is it?

It's not, people freak out about anything.

Someone could post a photoshop of Littlefinger kissing a White Walker and people would panic anyway.

Got season one, two and three on Blu-ray as an early birthday present today. Looking forward to re-watch it all in glorious 1080p and with a proper audio set-up this time. Shame that we have to wait so long for season four though. It's been the best season so far and I'm sure it will look stunning on Blu-ray.

Hilarious how Ygritte does this awkward curtsy/bow hybrid just like a Wildling
The actress is basically Scottish nobility; she grew up in a (tiny) 15th-century castle. Her parents are millionaires, though, and while they put the castle up for sale, they own another slightly less tiny 12th-century castle.

Nameless

The actress is basically Scottish nobility; she grew up in a (tiny) 15th-century castle. Her parents are millionaires, though, and while they put the castle up for sale, they own another slightly less tiny 12th-century castle.

Hilarious. Thanks for the info.

Also Ygritte always reminds me of

22.jpg

Ogni-XR21

Hilarious. Thanks for the info.

Also Ygritte always reminds me of

22.jpg

Fun Fact (tm):

In the German dub Brienne has the same voice actor as Alison Hannigan. And another fun fact, in the German dub Prince Oberyn has the same voice actor as Neil Patrick Harris. Two bad Oberyn and Brienne never had a scene together.

RetroMG

All caught up!

So yeah, this show is going to totally mess with my brain for a while. But with Tyrion and Arya on boats, maybe the other plot is going to finally start being relevant next season? Maybe? Please?

Well folks, I am sorry to say bye to you all, but I started reading the books (from the beginning). By next the season I hope to have all 5 read. I will miss you guys - but the wait is too long and I crave for details in the magnificent adventures ahead!

I have a suggestion for some of you, and I've never seen it mentioned.

There are 3 novellas/short stories by GRRM called Dunk and Egg (or The Hedge Knight Series) that you can read that in no way spoil anything from the current show timeline.

They are set ~100 years in the past from the show.

They are a little difficult to find though, but I'll help as I just went hunting for them for my Kindle.

Legends Anthology

Contains story 1, The Hedge Knight.

Legends 2 Anthology

Contains story 2, The Sworn Sword

Warriors Anthology

Contains story 3, The Mystery Knight

All 3 of these are great, and there will be more of them in the future. They follow 2 main characters, Dunk and Egg, a hedge knight and his squire.

If you enjoy Westeros, and want to see some of its smaller locations explored, it doesn't get any better than this.

The Targs rule duing this period so if you're interested in them, you'll get your fill here as well.

Fantastic stories, and have no chance of spoiling the current timeline in any way.

There are illustrated versions of these books as well, but I can't speak to those.

Enjoy!

Vashetti

Banned
Top 5 favourite scenes of the season?

1. Sansa rebuilds Winterfell
2. Tyrion kills Shae/Tywin
3. Dany binds the dragons
4. Brienne vs. The Hound
5. Joffrey's wedding feast

Top 5 favourite scenes of the season?

Top 5 Favorite/best scenes.

1. The battle at the Wall
2. Tyrion gets revenge
3. Joffrey's wedding
4. Tyrions speech during his trial
5. Battle at Crasters

Honorable mentions (Because it's too hard to pick just 5)

6. Brienne vs. The Hound
7. Arya is on her way to Bravvos
8. Bran warging Hodor at Crasters.
9. Littlefinger killing Lady Aryn
10. Stannis showing up at The Wall.

Bonus
Missandei and that glorious river scene.

Top 5 saddest/worst scenes.

1. Oberyn's death
2. Bran and Jon almost reunite.
3. Joffrey's death
4. The Hound's (possible) death.
5. Shae's betrayal.

Honourable mentions

6. Ygritte's death
7. Oberyn telling Tyrion about the first time they met.
8. Grenn and Pyp's deaths.

Finished season 3 yesterday, that second to last episode :-(.

Woah. Stay out until you finish Season 4. Trust me, you're not going to want to accidentally spoil yourself. But yeah, the Red Wedding is brutal.

Yep. I think i was never the same person after that episode. That will stay with me for the rest of my life. God damn GRRM why chu do dat? :(
GRRM has a fetish for killing Starks obviously :p

Akim

Banned
Why do people who aren't completely up-to-date come into this thread? I don't get it.

When I was watching the wire, I'd go into a thread and post my thoughts without reading anything in the thread or reading any of the replies. Just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom