• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

I remember seeing a gaf thread with the title 'OMG THE RED WEDDING!" or something like that. And from there on, I knew that there was gonna be a wedding in season 3, and it was gonna be red.

And then when I finally got to that ep, I remembered "oh yeah, red wedding"..."oh no.."

It was still surprising how they went about it though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I remember seeing a gaf thread with the title 'OMG THE RED WEDDING!" or something like that. And from there on, I knew that there was gonna be a wedding in season 3, and it was gonna be red.

And then when I finally got to that ep, I remembered "oh yeah, red wedding"..."oh no.."

It was still surprising how they went about it though.

For me that was basically killed by my book reader housemates spending the week leading up to it going on about how this episode was gonna be CRAAAZY oh my god it was gonna BLOW MY MIND.

When it came around I'd been so prepared for something crazy, it got to that part of the episode and I was like, oh right this is where stuff's going to happen. Also my housemate was watching me more than the episode so I was determined not to react, ultimately it ended and I just went "Well that was some shit eh?" and that was about it. I was never huuugely invested in Robb/Cate anyway but the overhyping killed it for me.

That's kinda why I didn't read the books, I didn't want to become that, but I just got to Storm of Swords yesterday and I'm loving them...

dbztrk

I ran into the actor who played Oberyn Martell yesterday while I was walking around Chelsea in NYC. Really nice guy. He has no ass though.Very disappointing.

Ovid

I knew Catelyn and Robb would die thanks to spoilers, and the Red Wedding still broke me. Absolutely harrowing to watch.
It remains the only scene (in television or movies) that left me speechless. That credits scene with the Rains of Castamere playing was the worst.

What is everyone's favorite song? I have to say this series is Ramin's best work, but damn did he bust on my favorite house, the Starks' theme song. I don't really care for it, and it feels like the least memorable one. Chaos is a Ladder, Lannister always pays his debts, Reigns of Castemere, Await the King's Justice are stunning. Breaker of Chains from this season is amazing from this season, I'm sure there's a few more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Currently my favorite song, is Warrior of Light. 1:51 I get chills everytime in the show. This sons really amplifies Stannis as some badass when he's quite a boring man otherwise.
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch?v=E_91Y7w7Wbs

PFD

fOQIAKp.jpg

Same here. Even if you just come in, post and leave without a discussion...I don't get it. why?
I came in here once when I wasn't caught up. It was after episode 2 of season 4. I simply wanted to vent about how pissed I was at Tyrion being accused of murder at the end of the episode. I was not looking forward to where that story would lead, but I didn't want it even a little bit, as I was tired of seeing that same story done a billion times over in multiple shows/movies/books/etc. I wanted to vent at that point, because I knew my frustration would wane and wanted to come back later and see what I'd written, and see what others responded. It might've been a bit dumb, but I was very careful.

Nameless

The one saving grace about previous seasons of Thrones ending was we'd at least have Breaking Bad to start hyping up for. Now what is there to look forward to? I like Walking Dead but it's not something I get all that excited for--ditto with Downton Abbey.

The 3 best shows on TV(Mad Men, GoT and The Americans) all start around the same time. I like to rewatch GoT over the holidays but it's gonna be tough not to run it back before then.

The one saving grace about previous seasons of Thrones ending was we'd at least have Breaking Bad to start hyping up for. Now what is there to look forward to? I like Walking Dead but it's not something I get all that excited for--ditto with Downton Abbey.

The 3 best shows on TV(Mad Men, GoT and The Americans) all start around the same time. I like to rewatch GoT over the holidays but it's gonna be tough not to run it back before then.

Sir, perhaps you haven't heard about the smash summer hit that is Under the Dome!!!!!

Lothar

Banned

Is The Americans really Mad Men and GoT caliber? What's so good about it?

I'm sad that Better Call Saul got pushed back to next year. We could have had that to look forward to.

Is The Americans really Mad Men and GoT caliber? What's so good about it?

I'm sad that Better Call Saul got pushed back to next year. We could have had that to look forward to.

I cant with The Americans :<

I tried. It's a bit too Prison Break season 3 for me. They try so hard to manufacture suspense and circumstantial tension. It didn't work for me.

I wouldn't really put Mad Men in the same caliber at GoT, which is weird since the advertising pull should make me love it that much more. I stopped watching it and am 2 seasons behind now I believe.

No love for Boardwalk Empire? :[

Real Hero

I wouldn't really put Mad Men in the same caliber at GoT, which is weird since the advertising pull should make me love it that much more. I stopped watching it and am 2 seasons behind now I believe.
Mad Men is a much better show. That's not a slight on GoT, its good but Mad Men is one of the greatest shows ever.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mad Men is a much better show. That's not a slight on GoT, its good but Mad Men is one of the greatest shows ever.

It's hard to compare the two, really. GoT is pure entertainment and escapism while Mad Men's more about deep character study. Both offer something different, but execute it very well respectively. I would rather watch Game of Thrones over anything else, personally.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Yeah, Mad Men is definitely a better show than Game of Thrones, and I love Game of Thrones... More than Mad Men strangely enough.

Yeah, Mad Men is definitely a better show than Game of Thrones, and I love Game of Thrones... More than Mad Men strangely enough.

I've never had any interest in watching Mad Men whatsoever. Everyone hyping it hard though, I might have to check it out.

Spartacus TV series from Starz is decent for those looking for something that isn't modern.

My apologies if this has already been posted, but my mind is blown right now, i just had to share this-

The mountain aged 18-

34db35cf_1znl8uc.jpeg

Not sure what age here, but same dude-

lestrarhesturinn_hafthor.jpg

From that, to this-

q2idrDN.jpg

Ummmm....yeahhh.......

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
lol. The face she makes here is avatar worthy.

Sauced as fuck.

Also, it's now official: Next season will be partly filmed in Andalusia, Spain, which will serve as home to the house of Dorne. It's been confirmed that the Alcázar will be featured as the Martell's palace.

I may or may not go on a mission to stalk the cast.

Pretty sure I saw a pic of Aria at Glastonbury as well........I wonder if her and Sansa bumped into each other or were close to meeting but someone fell into a hole crowdsurfing and security tightened up.....

Something something

Purple wedding episode is on TV right now

I forgot that Tywin asks for Shae to be brought to him before the wedding........so is that when she is hired by Tywin?

Khaz

Sauced as fuck.

Also, it's now official: Next season will be partly filmed in Andalusia, Spain, which will serve as home to the house of Dorne. It's been confirmed that the Alcázar will be featured as the Martell's palace.

I may or may not go on a mission to stalk the cast.

I read somewhere that Oberyn wasn't supposed to have an accent until Pedro Pascal used it at his audition and the guys loved it. I can see Dorne filled with people with spanish accents, hiring local extras will help with the look too.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I read somewhere that Oberyn wasn't supposed to have an accent until Pedro Pascal used it at his audition and the guys loved it. I can see Dorne filled with people with spanish accents, hiring local extras will help with the look too.

Well, Dorne is basically isolated from the rest of Westeros by a huge mountain range IIRC and it's basically a kingdom of its own, so it makes sense it has its own accent.

I wonder if they plan to hire some local talent for the Martell house.

My apologies if this has already been posted, but my mind is blown right now, i just had to share this-

The mountain aged 18-

34db35cf_1znl8uc.jpeg

Not sure what age here, but same dude-

lestrarhesturinn_hafthor.jpg

From that, to this-

q2idrDN.jpg

Ummmm....yeahhh.......

whoa whoa whoa

what a transformation :O

sophie turner is so pretty (and dorky) (dorky and pretty at the same time)

<3333

kit is still ....not doing anything for me .... he has a face of a wet blanket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom