• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesssssssss! He's finally dead! I think the actor for Jeoffery did a perfect job of making me hate him. Great way for him to go out.

It was cool to see Jamie and Cersie were the two who ran up to help him.

On a side note, wasn't it obvious that the pie poisoned him? Why would they suspect Tyrion? Everyone was drinking wine but Jeoffery was the only one who ate the pie.

MG310

Can't forget the other death in this episode...Lady Olenna burying her son where he stands to continue her conversation with Tywin.

It had to have been the fool somehow.

He must have at least been in on it. How did he know to tell Sansa to go with him if she wanted to live.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
It had to have been the fool somehow.

He must have at least been in on it. How did he know to tell Sansa to go with him if she wanted to live.

And why the hell was he suddenly in the "Last Time On..."

I swear Tyrian had better figure a way out of this

Yesssssssss! He's finally dead! I think the actor for Jeoffery did a perfect job of making me hate him. Great way for him to go out.

It was cool to see Jamie and Cersie were the two who ran up to help him.

On a side note, wasn't it obvious that the pie poisoned him? Why would they suspect Tyrion? Everyone was drinking wine but Jeoffery was the only one who ate the pie.
I thought it was the wine tyrion gave him, he immediately starts choking after drinking it. drinks some more, chokes some more.

sangreal

No, wouldn't Marjory be Queen regent as the most recent Queen?

I'm not an expert on the rules of Westeros, but I doubt the wife of a dead king holds any power/title. Cercei wasn't the regent because she was the last queen, it was because the new king appointed her (it was supposed to be Ned Stark). I imagine the Lannisters would keep that role in the family if they try to install a new king

SonnyBoy

It seems as though the wine and pie are fine individually. But something about those specific portions given to Joffrey being mixed together triggered the poison?

styl3s

I was chanting Yes at that ending.

What's funny is
literally 1 minute before Joffery got poisoned and i assume died i was telling my boyfriend that they need to kill this cunt already.

Jibbed

BlJbwdkCYAEChYg.jpg:large

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I so wish I wasn't spoiled about this a few days ago, but my god was that amazing.

So I assume the way marriage works here is that they aren't really legal until they have sex? Then what about Tyrion and Sansa? How does this work? Joffery's fiancé won't be queen now because they never sealed the deal, correct? That's what I gather from the preview for next week.

Also, there was no Danerys this week. This makes me sad. But at least there will be some next week.

This is going to be a long week.

Released

Having just rewatched the scene, I think Lady Olenna is my primary suspect. Proximity to the cup and the way the camera shows her and the cup in the same frame as he's reaching for it.

Edit: ooo, unless it was the pie? Yeah, I dunno haha.

So, who to suspect?

Won't be Tyrion, that's too obvious. He was framed.
The fool, maybe, but he'd be working for someone. He did try and usher Sansa to safety but maybe that was just out of an abundance of caution and likely not any knowledge.
The grandma plays the game well enough, and she certainly has the stones to do it and had much reason to hate Joffrey, but killing him now would definitely run counter to gaining power for her family.
Oberyn? Maybe, he's a loose cannon but it seems a bit cowardly for him.
Sansa? Possible, I guess, she had the cup briefly under the table while fetching it for Tyrion, but I don't think she has it in her.
Definitely not Cercei or Jamie, and more than likely not Tywin -- though I could almost see him doing it.

Can't wait to see how this season unfolds -- I had that he'd die this season spoiled but had no idea when. I think that's the last thing I knew about so it's all new to me from here on out. So excited!

Curufinwe

I really laughed when Loras told Jaime he can't marry Cersei either.

And the dinner conversation at Dragonstone was hilariously awkward.

Man, they really got the details right. Eyes bloodshot, bleeding from pores, pus, mucus, general swelling. I love how I know people are gonna die in this show, but I never know how or when. Seriously, unless you've read the books, who could have guessed it would have been two episodes in, poisoned at his wedding. Fuck the King!

There's no way it was the wine unless it was Margaery herself who poured something into it.

Just re watched that part and I don't see any signs of there being anything done to the cup, it has to be the pie. He's the only one eating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom